Yooka-Laylee

What's everyone's beef with this game? Even though the controls and camera were a little wonky and the game crashed on me like 10 times I still loved it. It really did bring me back to being a kid playing Banjo Kazooie and trying to collect every collectible. The ones that seemed impossible to get made me feel so accomplished when I finally got them (looking at you Hurdle Hijinx and Kartos). My honest opinion is that I’m absolutely loving it, I feel like a kid again with banjo but can actually play it this time and understand what’s going on. Can’t wait to collect everything I can and finish the game. Hope they make similar games to this.

I wish Yooka would backpack cuck me

It's not really that it wasn't bad, it's just that it wasn't good. It was incredibly average. The worlds felt big and empty and the collectables felt more like chores than rewards.

Because the publisher's are dipshits and the devs don't know how to handle controversy very well meant that a game that was okay was demonized because "muh social justice" apparently ruined the game since Jontron's cameo was removed.

So basically eceleb bullshit revealed the devs and publisher to be kikes.

A hat in time exists, costs less, is much better and was made with passion. it also has sold twice as many copies despite being out for a third of the time

It's boring and charmless. The energy bar really pissed me off

Jewka Gayly is trash just like all of Rareware's autistic 3D collectathon platformers.

it was shit
Devs being kikes was just icing on the shit sunday, its a mighty no. 9 for banjo kazooie

Rare's autism breeders were the worst 3D platformers around. Super Mario Oddesey's massive amount of moons is the only real thing I dislike about it.

It was ok. It felt unfinished and most of the collectables were just a chore to collect since they were just scattered without care rather than used as a means to guide the player to something new and/or fun. That and the minions felt uninspired and unthreatining, as if the devs just put them in the game for the sake of having the. If the same care that went into A Hat in Time went into Yooka-Laylee then it might have been a better game.

Source on that? Sounds fucking hilarious.

4chan refugees keep testing the waters to re-establish their consensus

sage for double post.

Yooka had too many times when you go to explore a place and you don't even find anything. The ratio was really low for me. And then they hide shit in the most bizarre places that you'd never look.

I disagree on the Odyssey moons. It seems like there's so much to do and exploring some part of the map is almost always rewarded. As compared to Yooka, where getting rewarded for exploration is a real treat. Meanwhile you run around wide open areas collecting quills, which has hardly any sense of exploration.

On steamspy, Yooka Laylee has around 70k owners while A Hat in Time is about 130k.

blahbloopbeebahrootegalurehai,ohhpeey agh vfagget. vlop prop poo ws.

Controversy aside the worlds are bland and the energy bar is a fucking retarded idea. Game just doesn't have the same charm BK had

And in another year it may have gotten recognition for that, but it happened to come out in the same year as Gravity Rush 2, Snake Pass, A Hat in Time, and Mario Odyssey.

On PC at least, Yooka Laylee has seen some heavy discounts (up to 50%) with much more marketing while aHiT has only seen 10% which makes this even funnier

Banked hard on nostalgia and didnt pay off. Level designs peaked at world 2, the expansion mechanic was shit and did nothing but slow down your progress. NPCs were lame and bosses were forgettable, i could keep going but honestly this is just a piece of overpriced shovelware with a bunch of hype built in.

How is Snek Pass? It looked interesting, but its apparently really short, ending right as the game starts to get good.

translatiin - THE GAME IS UTTER HORSE SHIT, I COULDN'T STAND TWO FUCKING MINUTES HEARING THAT ATROCIOUS VOICE ACTING (IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT, OP IS A FAGGOT. FUCK YOU FOR MAKING ME REMEMBER THAT SHIT AGAIN.

Generally?
Same issues as MN9
Administration team cashing in on brand recognition, final project mediocre and in addition.
Feminism bullshit.

It's really pleasant. "Short" is relative, there are fifteen levels.
I don't know about that, I didn't care for the last world myself, I thought worlds 2 and 3 were the sweet spot.

dogshit game
sage
why not just play hat of time

Its one of those games where the previews were better than the game when it came out.
There was a lot of cut content for example they promised awesome voice acting from a persian supremacist but the game didnt have that in it at all.

/thread

Did you forget that the "voice acting" done for all their games are just grunts? Jontron was a grunting port-a-jon, which should have been a surprise.

-to no one.

Also

/thread

The genre it's in is really bad and people only like it for nostalgia reasons. When nostalgia was removed no one wanted to run around aimlessly collecting notes.

Probably one of the few cases said cancerous bullshit had a positive impact on things, I think most knew not to buy the second they started spewing politically correct cancer.

This is how I felt about it too.

It didn't feel like it was harking back to the golden age of 3D platformers. Instead, it felt like it was harking back to the golden age of me-too shovelware 3D platformers. I felt like I was playing some long-forgotten shovelware title on a Playstation demo disc.

TBH I never played it, but everyone says it's gay, so I won't even give it a try.

Yeah, Yooka Laylee was shit. People should stop trying to force it as good.

lurk 2 years before posting

A Hat in Time is unpolished but very fun.

dubs

>>>/cuckchan/

Long story short, dogshit PR shortly before the game was released, in addition to a game that overall was met with mixed, at best, reception. It's possible that the former was a factor for the latter, and will definitely hurt Playtonic in the long run.

Tried way too hard to pander to nostalgia and be a Banjo clone. Just play Banjo instead. If you want a new collectathon style game, play A Hat in Time. That game actually turned out good.

in order to re-establish something it implies that it was estblished in the first place

Even supposedly being made by old Rareware devs, the game is a cookie-cutter ripoff of old Rareware platformers with barely any identity of its own. Instead of doing something new and creative, they just copied things they had done previously and made slight changes. It was a game made to pander to nostalgia so much that it never did anything to set itself apart.

Mediocre game and cuck devs.

Shit, I wouldn't have thought of that but it adds up.

I agree we need more communist supporting games like this too many games nowadays just act like neutrals or pretend they arent pol when they are.

This. Don't forget to sage

Play A Hat in Time and see the difference. Yooka Laylee was just too average and clunky for the hype.

Thread should've ended here.

You probably loved Skyrim too, didn't you? You sound exactly like the cucks defending that pile of shite.
As for this, it's a 4/10. The levels aren't interesting, the minigames are shit, the non-main characters you meet are poorly done, the controls are fucking terrible, the camera is worse than even the earliest of 3D platformers, and when you think about it, the devs should have known better. Just shows that they're all washed up hasbeens.

Also, the designs for yooka and laylee are plain and uninspired, the only art choice that stands out are the red crests.

The most amusing part was that the devs were going damage control, trying to sound as middle of the ground as possible while members of the publisher just rode the fucking controversy train by throwing gasoline on the fire, insulting consumers and people genuinely somewhat upset by the ordeal and just having a fucking parade while the devs silence on their actions kinda dug the grave for them.

Here.

The point is we were promised awesome persian grunts. And that was removed.
Plus they deleted him from the game for no other reason than him being persian which makes them assholes.

Its not even so much as removing it as it was announcing it to virtue signal to blue-hair dykes who didn't even buy the game in the end.

Funny enough they removed persian shitting grunts.

This.
The same mindset that makes a retard become a leftist SJW is also responsible for making him/her an incompetent hack that can't see their own limitations and always think that they are doing a good job when they are failing.
All developers that embrace leftism and SJW cult behaviour are guaranteed to already be hacks or to at least have lost any former talent that they had in the past.

Also this. Any fag that likes shitty games are the ones from cuck chans and Cuck Era that try (and fail) to present their cucked studios and companies in a good light.
They are all cock-suckers for the industry's failed developers.

It banked on nostalgia for shitty games from a time when standards were all over the place and marketing was still a driving force in the industry.
Rare in the N64 days produced only shitty games with horrible design that sold themselves on marketing alone.
This situation is becoming more and more irrelevant as time asses by.
Good games or GTFO is slowly becoming the norm even to normalfags.

It just shows that the whole team was comosed by either literal cucks and/or insecure failures of living beings.
When you have either in any roject, the project will always fail sooner or later. If you have both, it will fail from the start.

fuck you

Who knows, maybe having to solve a captcha for every post will scare some of the 4chan refugees off, or at least make them think before posting.

This is actually scary

Way better than A Shat in Time.

That's right.

good for you

they did, in the 90's

That would explain the last couple of days.

It's just a cuckchanner projecting, user.

At the end of the day, the good thing is that cucked developers and leftist parasites did not get money to pay their expenses.
This must always be the case with such creatures.