Speedrunning is the most degenerate thing a human being has created

This act in video games has no redeeming qualities at all, can any of you name any positive things that have come out as a result of speedrunning?

ryan white gooses youtube channel is both wholesome and informative

Literally kill yourself, you retarded bandwagoning tryhard faggot.

Some speedruns are fun to watch. Some aren't. I'm not the one investing thousands of hours into perfecting a glitch so I can speedrun better.

You made this same thread last year

Entertainment. Now get lost.

what is entertaining about skipping all the good and immersive parts of a video game?

An MR:RL time!

Speedrunning is not unto itself "degenerate". The problem is, as usual, the (((community))) that it attracts and builds up around it.

Any sort of "social" aspect that comes of it (eg, AGDQ) is cancer. Nobody can dispute that.

Speed running is really only okay if it is tool assisted Mario 64 no a press autism. Shit is interesting.

BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED… I AM CAPTAIN GDQ!

How is learning a game and practicing your skills, in order to beat it quickly, a bad thing? Is going for full completion degenerate? Seeking out glitches? Sequence breaking? Self-imposed challenges like minimal A presses? It's just an alternate way to have fun with a game. It's not speedrunning's fault that most speedrunners are faggots.

You can save a few frames by assuming that Holla Forums is always autistic

You can save a few frames by knowing that Holla Forums is always autistic

Speedrunners are usually more skilled than your average player, but the worst thing about speedruns is that getting good times can be absolutely luck-based. I watched a lot gdq runs and commentary, but an unnecessarily common theme among many games is that bad RNG can quickly ruin any good run. It's a lottery-like factor that is out of the speedrunner's control, forcing them to constantly reset a game until they get the good "world record-breaking" RNG they're looking for.

^ This is why a lot of twitch/streaming speedrunners spend a large amount of time just resetting bad RNG runs. They're good players and know what they're doing, but if luck is not on their side, bad RNG can add unwanted seconds/minutes to an otherwise perfect run. Causing speedrunners to waste months/years of their lives trying to attain that "one" amazing run where everything just falls into place.

^ I only have one lifetime and I would prefer not to waste it speedrunning. The time one can waste on luck-based matters can be absolutely astounding. So unless a game will actually give me a good tangible reward for doing so [Metroid and MGS games come to mind], I generally just play games at my own pace and prefer to simply "watch" entertaining World Record speedruns than pursue them myself.

Life and chemicals are deterministic because of physics. There is no luck or free will in the universe.

Only as far as we know.

What I do find interesting, despite that, is the illusion of free will. But at the same time, deja vu exists, so it has to be something else

Or to rephrase it another way, would mathematically "low odds" be more suitable? Realistically speaking, the low odds of a skilled speedrunner getting "Good RNG" are considerably far lower than the high odds of them getting "Bad RNG". Resulting in a majority of their time being wasted by Bad RNG runs. The minority of Good "world record potential" RNG runs being few and far between, or seemingly never at all.

I summon uncle Holla Forums to the stand.

What do you mean?

Next is the part where you start avatarfagging as King Dedede, right?

Speed running is the singleplayer equivalent of assfaggots.

He's allowed to be a worthless faggot that can be described by the text found on t-shirts chads wear because we're all made of some gay ass shit he's just shitposting about.

I don't give a fuck, this video gets me hyped.

Look at him and laugh.

cuck

Banner it.

It was the jew. And the white race is dying despite being superior

cuck

Agreed

this is my first time making a thread about degenerate speedrunning, i dont see the appeal or point of it.

Look OP i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're no baiting or making a low effort bait tread so here is my honest answer to your posts.

You made a very hyperbolic and bold claim with no backing he's just giving evidence that there are things that are way worse than some autists playing vidya.
Well i assume that some people enjoy watching someone being really good at something, same way you don't watch a marathon runner to see the scenario you watch to see his skill, most people alredy know these games and are only interested in seeing them pushed to their limits. I think that the whole breaking down of games into logical and mathematical elements is what attracts autist to speedrunning.
Well once again i assume that some people like it for the reason above but i think most peopl here just watch it for the personalities behind the games, of course speedrunning atracts a lot of autist and we like to see them act stupid when interacting with each other, and if you can't see the enterteinment value in laughing at peoples social ineptitudes then i don't think this is the place for you.