/LEFTYSWOLE/ GENERAL

Anyone else lefty swole here?

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobinmag.com/2016/10/victorian-values-fitness-organic-wealth-parenthood/
elitefts.com/education/training/my-experience-with-strength-training-in-the-military/.
reddit.com/r/Military/comments/3fazzc/how_often_do_active_military_weight_lift/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thinking of starting a new routine after years of not doing anything

might do german volume training with nothing but compound exercises because i've always wanted to try it even though it's ridiculous

Who /combatsports/ here?

Unfortunately proper MMA training is hella expensive so I've had to make do with a free boxing gym in the basement of the local mosque twice a week and cheap freestyle wrestling classes offered by the local community college once a week

No. Don't do this.

Aesthetic fitness is bourgeois as fuck. No exaggeration, health and fitness has become the new class signifier for the modern bourgeoisie. Jacobin had an interesting article on this.
jacobinmag.com/2016/10/victorian-values-fitness-organic-wealth-parenthood/

Now, health and fitness is good, but focus more on endurance exercises rather than cosmetic body building bullshit.

muay thai reporting in

oh fucking honestly

buy a dumbbell set and do it in your backyard, it isn't an indication of anything other than you like doing it

i'll admit the fitness fad is a money grab and lame as fuck but it's nothing more than that

How do i tell my muscles to build mass and stop being worthless faggotry cells?

congrats on the shitpost

You have to eat big to get big

Nice! How long have you been training? How well can you throw high kicks?

But the gals love it! Get slim /fit/ by doing a sport, rock climbing, etc. and sexy slim body is the result (if you watch your macros obviously)

There's nothing more pointless than aesthetic fitness. In many cases, it's actually counter-productive. In the event of a revolution, you'd be better off sitting on your couch eating cheetos than bodybuilding.

Tone > Swole

Like I said, endurance exercises.

Though, "fitness culture" should be rejected outright.

don't forget cardio guys. its all well and good being able to lift heavy things, but in combat and hunting situations its your ability to do these things over a sustained period of time that gives you the edge.

6 years now, i have never liked high kicks though unless it's a very basic frontal one. they're tiring and risky lol

I'm a personal trainer lmao.

So is classical music. It doesn't mean it isn't great. "It's bourgeoisie" is a pretty bad argument for telling someone not to enjoy something. What hobby does not have the stamp of capital on its forehead?

Natural body building is different from being a roid monkey.

what the fuck

Kek

IT'S LATE, FELIX, GO 2 BED

Felix?

You don't really need to be incredibly fit to own Holla Forums. Your average Nazi rely on either police protection, or grouping with shields/flag poles to avoid being pummeled, although many times members get separated and smacked around like the little cucklings they are.

lets not make this a caveman contest lol, you'll find virtually nobody is super interested in being swole regardless of political shit

HAHAHAHAHA

How many "white guy beats five thugs" videos have you jerked off to today, friend?

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with a little teamwork. :^)

Why?

because it makes regular people think fitness is pretentious and not common sense

You commie faggits will never surpass nationalists in the gym or on the firing range. We've been doing this shit for years.
Play to your strengths, like boring people to death with your out of touch worldview.

Nationalists being strong and para is a meme, friend.

Then why does everyone in right-wing marches and protests look like a fucking pussy

WEW LAD
W
E
W
L
A
D

He's the host of Chapo Trap House who writes about MMA and Middle Eastern politics. He's a BJJ and weightlifting guy.

I didn't use me mums credit card to buy a shipment of Super Male Vitality+ for fuckin' nothing lad

Let's smash that Starbucks comrades! They never get my fucking order right.

It's more like 0.75 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, but other than that, this is a good graph to get you started.

They also changed their chocolate chip cookie recipe and now they taste like ass.

We know.

COMMIES WATCH OUT

Never again will we be made to suffer slightly reduced fanservice in our weebshit games!

Like I said, the latter creates useful fitness, the former creates merely aesthetic fitness that's more likely to weight you down than anything.

You're retarded. You're probably the kind of guy that says bodybuilders only look big and aren't strong.

W e w
e
w

you left out training for strength and power, which encompasses weightlifting (Oly-style lifts) and powerlifting (big 3, assistance lifts, and whatnot). these are really useful for life in general. with some cardio and maybe endurance added in it's basically all you need. if you want to train specifically for something, like fighting, that's a different matter, but pure strength helps basically anything you do.

nothing wrong with putting on a bit of lean mass, but you'll do that if you strength train properly anyway. bodybuilding is indeed a big jerkoff if you ask me, but there's some training methods that are worth looking into. e.g. I never knew what pain was til I tried 10 rep squats with 1 min breaks for 5+ sets. shit is fucked.

8 rep*

They are strong.

The problem is that, in the modern day, brute strength isn't all that useful.

What's useful is endurance.

holy shit post-war US woodland BDUs with non reg shoes and some SS shit shoehorned in. they're not even good at LARPing are they?

All of that is just LARPing, when the revolution hits you better have trained survival skills and operating a gun.

completely wrong tbh. both are useful and aren't mutually exclusive. you can carry shit for longer if you're used to carrying way heavier shit for starters.

the issue with bodybuilding is the primary aim is to get bigger, strength and endurance are both byproducts but aren't the whole point of it. there are still useful techniques to be garnered from it.

I focus on practical self defense so I can actually be useful in a street confrontation.

Here's a list of a few protein sources with calories and grams of protein per serving. Sorry for the lack of meat. I'm a vegetarian so I don't have that memorized.

- cottage cheese (my 2% cottage cheese nets me 15 grams of protein for only 100 calories)

- eggs (60-70 calories for 6-7 grams of protein per egg)

- Greek yogurt (about 120 calories for 12 grams of protein)

- soy milk (Silk's has 8 grams of protein per 110 calorie serving)

- protein powder (about 100 calories and 20 grams of protein per scoop)

- steel cut oats (170 calories and 7 grams of protein per 1/4 cup dry)

- blackberries (highest protein fruit IIRC; 2 grams of protein and 60 calories per cup)

- pumpkin seeds (1/4 cup of shelled seeds contains 8 grams of protein for 160 calories)

- peas (4 grams of protein per 60 calorie 2/3 cup serving)

- green beans (2 grams of protein for 30 calories per 100 grams)

- broccoli (60 calories and 6 grams of protein per cup)

- hummus (has about 1.25 grams of protein per 25 calorie serving; use as a dip for vegetables or spread on toast or something instead of eating it with chips)

Reminder your body can't process more than about 20 grams of protein per meal.

And if you're serious about eating healthy, buy a food scale. They only cost like $20.

Except lifting shit for long hauls has a lot more to do with your legs and core muscles than being "swole".

Case in point: no serious military organization has weight lifting as a part of its training regimen.

She'd give a hell of a handjob.

quality meme

what exercise plan/regime do you recommend for a poor, skinnyfat who is too much of a sperg to go to the gym, but eats healthy? i have a pull up bar and i can get some dumbbells, but beyond that i don't have that much of money.

/r/bodyweightfitness
And start eating big.

Oh fuck, here we go. Krav maga or some bullshit like that? Knives and multiple attackers?

/fit/ doesn't have a consistent /bodyweightgeneral/, and chans are not a good place to get into something as technical as calisthenics as a beginner.
Besides, /fit/ will just tell him to get a barbell and squat.

thanks comrade

I don't know, AB and some other skinhead gangs aren't anything to fuck with if you're not fit, Holla Forumscucks aren't indicative of all WN's.

found the normie

I didn't say anything about being swole, I said being strong, and if you train for strength properly you'll be hitting your legs and core plenty.

you've got a point, but part of that is the fact that it takes lots of training to learn to lift properly, while bodyweight and cardio shit can be learned in minutes. if you're untrained, you'll sprint noticeably quicker if you get your squat up to a good weight.

you'd be a fucking chump to purely stick to endurance shit if you had the choice, as opposed to strengthening your muscles and joints.

Used to be swole. Then I got a job I liked and started doing overtime in stead of working out.

Doing heavy compound lifts is not "purely aesthetic", it's good for your back and form.

I have to work and study at the same time you fucking petit-bourgueoise shithead.
And all this thread is shit btw.

grow the fuck up you insipid lifestylist shit
just for this I will never read Jacobin and tell everyone to avoid it
kill yourself

I go to the most bougie gym ever and literally everyone there does high rep bullshit endurance crossfit shit.

Then I went with my friends to a gym in a much more working class/immigrant area and everyone was doing either low rep basic barbell stuff or isolation.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about. I was making fun of the fact that you think there's a huge dichotomy between rep ranges, as if they don't carry over to each other. Someone who trains strength and hypertrophy will probably have an easier time in lower ranges than someone who only does endurance training. There's also something to be said for training explosiveness in lower rep ranges. There's also nothing stopping you from doing exercises that translate easier into everyday life. There's absolutely no reason not to in all rep ranges like , stop reading Jacobin.

Lifting for aesthetics is bourgeois. Working out to augment your physical prowess for proletarian revolution is halal.

They don't do bodybuilding, but they sure as hell weightlifting. elitefts.com/education/training/my-experience-with-strength-training-in-the-military/.

reddit.com/r/Military/comments/3fazzc/how_often_do_active_military_weight_lift/

This for fucks sake.
People that go to the gym, to get big and swole, spend ridiculous amounts of money in diets and other stupid stuff.

You are wrong Classic music where I live is free or really cheap and you only encounter "middle class" people attending those concerts.

Going to the symphony is a pretty big part of that culture. I didn't mean listening to the symphony on youtube. Vidya, cartoons etc are all bourgeoisie.

Oh I forget.
It's not very much money to buy some dumbbells and a bench off craigslist. Not everyone can afford the…. $15 a month it is to go to a gym, but that doesn't mean strength training is "OMG BOURGEOISIE SO BAD UGH".

Here you can go there for free.
some times it's almost empty because just few people attend the symphony.

Yeah I know but I find his face to be funny.

I forgot to mention but here the majority of rich people have a very poor taste in music and culture.

Someone has to know why the fuck I'm such a freak. I know life isn't fair and meritocracy is a joke, but for fuck's sake, I expected that at least exercising would hold true.

Yeah.

The bourgeoisie only listened to classical music when they were attempting to ape the styles of the decaying aristocracy. In this day and age, they sort of ape themselves and go full bore with the consumerist bullshit. Most bourgeoisie like the same shitty corporate music they peddle out the masses.

some times it's almost empty because just few people attend the symphony.
I guess it depends on your city. When the CSO plays the tickets can get very expensive.

I meant the African guy lifting with concrete aha. Honestly, the way I see some people treating weightlifting, or bodybuilding as a hobby is ridiculous. It's like saying you shouldn't adopt a dog from the SPCA if you want a dog because the bourgeoisie sometimes spend 1000's of dollars to show off the perfect shiba.

Classical music has fallen out of style but until the mid 20th century going to the symphony was prima bourgie.

But that little bit of extra fat on you is what sustains the illusion that perfection is possible.

My body costs me around 25€ a month. Guess I'm porky now.

This.

As a personal trainer, I train a lot of boomers and bourgeois. Hiring a PT is almost always reserved for the rich but usually weight room attendants are nice enough to check your form and give you advice and gyms aren't super expensive. Club 16 is $15 Canadian a month, which is around $12 U.S.

No excuses

But… that tells me nothing. Perfection ought to be possible, as plenty of fit guys show. If it's not possible, it's all a waste of effort and t ime to begin with and I shouldn't bother with it at all.

Most guys with "perfect bodies" in magazines are on one, or multiple types of roids. Now you're actually falling for the bourgeoisie trap. However, if you think you're doing something wrong you might want to play around with your diet. If you're trying to loose weight, lower calorie intake by 250-500kcals.

Here in Mexico they hand out the tickets for free, outside the metro or public plazas, because just a few go there.
there are no excuses, when it comes to Classic music, now with the era of the internet it is 1000% free in my case that is.

I guess we agree here.
but today Classic music can be enjoyed by the masses.
The majority of the rich are void and superfluous.

You could spend that same amount of money and time studying something useful as welding, plumbing, electrician etc…

Or I could use it for personal fitness and care for my body. Why don't you turn off your computer and do some plumbing? You're wasting valuable time right now.

Just a martial art that doesn't focus on winning a one-on-one fight in a cage with rules. More specifically that means I generally try to avoid grappling and wrestling.

I just came back from school and turned on the computer no big deal.
but people that go to the gym spend 1 or 2 hours lifting dead weigh and doing cardio it's unbelievable and spend all day anxious about their diet.

Here in Mexico they hand out the tickets for free, outside the metro or public plazas, because just a few go there.
there are no excuses, when it comes to Classic music, now with the era of the internet it is 1000% free in my case that is.
I meant the symphony. Seeing a world class symphony in a gorgeous concert hall (which any classical music enthusiast would love to do) is going to run you your money, which is kind of my point.

Don't you think you're doing the Holla Forums thing now, where you lump a large and diverse group of people into the commonly accepted stereotype?

I never worry about my diet and 2 hours of fitness every 2 days or so is no big investment at all.

I don't even want to be ripped, my ideal is ottermode, which I don't think would need roids. And besides, it's my nearly complete lack of results that's getting to me. I can perfectly understand being unable to achieve my ideal body, but to achieve virtually nothing at all is depressing.

You can go and watch for free Orquesta Sinfónica del IPN, La Orquesta Filarmónica de la UNAM, Orquesta Filarmónica de la Ciudad de México just to name a few.
they are up there with the best of the best.

My best friend is obsessed with the gym and becoming a powerlifter, I miss him, I wish he never got into that, his gym friends are the same, completely obsessed with lifting dead weigh and diets.

any way mate.

Becomes:
U see?

Classic music is the true music of the working class
Check these fags out famrades

You kind of got me there, but I shared that personal history, just for you to see, that I'm not unaware of what goes on in the fitness/gym people's mentality.

This!

also you could buy gymnastic rings, they shouldn't be expensive

I know but you can't extrapolate from anecdocatal evidence to everyone who enjoys weight lifting. I went through a stage like that when I started lifting (when I was 16 lol). Now I know that the true purpose of fitness is to have a resilient body. You just have to not be autistic, which is hard if you buy into bourgie propaganda.

Pls

Stop listening to Jazz

No.

Get this fascist out of here!

I just don't eat as much as a normal person! 2 meals a day at about 1800 cal and I'm full. My BMI floats around 17.5. Leftypol, help a comrade eat big!

So pretty much >pic related then? Shitty kickboxing with ball kicks and fake eye gouging?
So what the fuck do you think is going to happen when some lad rugby tackles you or you trip and the fash is on top of you? You think they'll let you get up in a gentlemanly fashion>

Just eat. Just fucking do it.
If you work out you'll naturally develop an appetite because of how much you're pushing your body.

What's wrong with his passion?

I'd check out /fit/ and/or Reddit tbqhwyf.
There's probably something wrong with your diet and/or routine. What routine are you running?

You got açaí available, breh? It's delicious, it has a lot of protein for a vegetable, and most of the stuff sold is fucking full of calories. The fruit itself is actually only as caloric as apples, but most of the stuff sold is already mixed with a guaraná syrup that more than doubles the calorie per weight. You can also mix it with all kinds of shit.

1 Lift something
2 Eat
3 Sleep
4 Lift something heavier

Repeat 2-4 as necessary.

That entire article was about people doing endurance exercises.

Real health comes from intensity, not volume.

I do calisthenics because I have no money to pay for a gym. Good abs, lats, and suprisingly good legs, but my arms look completely dyel even though they are strong af(from pullups). Nobody is able to tell I am strong with a shirt on, I look like your average skinny tall guy, although I have good facegains. Still, I got the most pullups for the day in a deadhang pullup competition marine recruiters put on. Basically, I'm a tall, extra skinny ottermode

Nice brah. Have you thought about doing arm accessories for dat mass?

I sometimes do curls and skullcrushers, but honestly I am becoming fine with my arms being small. Girls seem to care more about guys having a good face and good style and being lean, plus being obsessed with mass can be depressing and make you constantly judge yourself.

I don't know how to explain it, but if you exercise regularly for a year or so, no matter if you are running, lifting, swimming, whatever, your face gets inexplicably more aesthetic.

I know for a fact that faces can gain fat, so I guess the opposite is true too?

Fuck my dick.

I might be going to the gym soon and try to improve my habits and body.

Anybody got a decent potato-to-fit guide?

don't see the appeal in getting huge muscles

what tendency is represented by that qt apron?

Is Long sessions low intensity better for losing weight or short sessions high intensity better when running on a treadmill?

You gotta do it my man, you just gotta. Or don't, you don't need to eat big to be heathy or fit.