Lads, I just thought of the craziest solution for the N64 emulation problem

Lads, I just thought of the craziest solution for the N64 emulation problem.
Remember how you could buy those N64 emulators off the Wii Shop? What if one meta-emulates one of those through Dolphin? Would it work out? But most importantly, would it be more effective and stable compared to, let's say, Project 64?
Just my two cent.

A lot of people used to do this for specific titles, you can emulate the Wii virtual console version of an N64 game in Dolphin as long as you find the appropriate wad. It's limited to the N64 games which were ported to VC in the first place, though, which is a short list.

It is already a thing. Dolphin can emulate certain n64 games.

Reminder that having the original hardware is best

you cant do this on original hardware

It's like two steps, have fun with scalpers.

wew
Have fun with glitches, crashes. slow performance and project abandonment along with numerous systems likely never ever getting successful emulation (Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Vita, original Xbox)

The Wii VC has a lot of per game hacks. Game injection will only get you so far you can get a lot of the major stuff working but support for niche titles is a Wii lacking

I played much more games on emulators than i could play on original hardware, that's counting all the rare japanese only shit.
Also emulating consoles on other consoles is pinnacle of entertainment.

just buy the original hardware you fucking pedophile faggot

emulators on handheld shit is acceptable,

doesn't matter because all i want to play is f zero x with the expansion pak

I bought a working N64 with Mario 64 for 1.50 dollars.

There's a problem? Every game I've played with mupen64plus and glide64 has worked pretty good…

I could get six blowjobs from your mother for the same price

Nigger just find your nearest half-price books or fucking gamestop or other places of that sort, even goodwill and shit can have some rarities for absurd prices
I walked into a fucking gamestop a few weeks ago with my little brother and found a model 1 Sega Genesis selling for 20$

the nes mini thing would be official hardware, not original hardware

Honestly doesn't look that bad, especially on the 3DS where GBA games fill the screen even more nicely due to how close it is.

Can easily be fixed with the black borders thingy.

which is called playing it at the proper aspect ratio

Same thing.

Autists that have actual n64 complain about every nitpick they can ranging from color palette displaying wrong or characters clipping through walls as "literally unplayable".
Nowadays we have AAA products that on pc glitch worse than emulators.

is it actually worth it to emulate N64 in dolphin?
I know people like to shit on N64 emulation but I can play shit like F-Zero fine with no weird glitches or slowdown

Has pic related ever been cracked? I thought I could be possible to convert N64 roms to iQue roms and play them on it since it is basically a N64.

What you said also applies to AAA games on consoles faggot
Adding in glitches and bugs where there weren't any is a big fucking problem

Are you retarded or just purposely ignorant? These haven't been issues for fucking years.
I'm going with retarded.
Xbox is totally worth a buy, vita is only worth it if you want weebshit.

No shit

top delusion m8, many, many emulators are still riddled with problems

Any examples of these game-breaking bugs? I've yet to encounter any.

Wait, the chinks got a better controller than us. Fuck.

Nigga I emulate shit because I want it for free

Yeah but they only got 14 games for the system.

They're few and far between, it's just a talking point for these weird anti emulation troll posts people make in emulation threads.

Come and suck my cock you fucking faggot.

the entire n64 library is only 10 games how did they get 4 more

Some of the Japanese exclusives were ported to the iQue Player.

10 more than the sega saturn :^)

wtf thanks nintendo

wtf thanks nintendo

Based original hardware.

Sega Saturn has a bunch of good games, ya dingas. You just have to like arcade and arcade-style games is all.

Nice meme

4 work "with issues"

But the console sucks.

What's this N64 emulation meme?

Having games to emulate, probably.

Mupen64 has been pretty good to me so far.

Let's salvage this shit thread and turn it into a "what N64 games are you currently emulating?" discussion.

wow that looks like shit

Pick one.

It's sum good shit alright.

That's nothing new, but the problem is that the virtual console only has a few select N64 titles, and they're all pretty much the basic shit like Mario 64 and Zelda that most available emulators can play properly. Paper Mario is the only one that worth emulating on Dolphin because it doesn't have any of the graphical glitches that are present on the other emulators.

Which Bomberman game's that? I only played Hero.

Is it fun[/spoiler]??

64. I never beat it back when I owned the cart because I'd get stuck a lot.

If you like puzzles and adventure mixed in with your bombing action, yeah.

just like the n64 library

Fucking use mupen64plus you giant faggots. With the right graphics plugin on opengl you can play just about anything.

You're not an autist so you wouldn't understand me when I say "that's not perfect replication".

If you are going for autistically perfect, then yea, you are correct. If you are going for playable and very accurate then you are wrong.

I just want emufags to stop talking and start lurking, that's all.

People already do that, and even the nintendo-made emulators on virtual console are shit. They're also generally tailored for the specific game they play so they're not like a big shoe that fits any foot, more like a custom tailored suit shoe that someone else other than the owner might able to wear, but not well.

Some day original hardware might not be as easy to maintain, therefore it is important that emulation progresses to the point where it can replace the need for said hardware completely. It is just as important that the emulators are free and open source so they don't immediately die should we ever escape the hell that is x86. Ideally we would have more people working on an actual PC emulator at that point so that we don't lose Windows games and emulators either. I hear qemu can be used in conjunction with wine and its dependencies to run Windows programs on PPC, so that's pretty neat. I wonder how much more that extra work affects performance, and how good qemu's x86 emulation is in general, not just that one mode.

So is there supposed to be a better alternative?

only in memes

You do know that those N64 games each had a separately configured emulator right Also VC emulators are shit?

lol this faggot sucks scalper dick

Flash carts are a thing.

the Wii Virtual Console had workarounds for every single game released on the eshop. I doubt it would be this simple as whatever workarounds they did involved actually having the source code to the games, which explains why all of the N64 games happen to be first party titles.

Thanks Nvidia.

Does anyone know the state of Saturn emulation these days?

fuck you too you rich faggot! bet you're the same cunt with mommy and daddy's money that buys rare carts to turn them into retarded hipster necklaces

Thanks to the cd drive firmware being dumped, emulator authors can now tell if data interpretation is bad because of bad signal or bad disc
Expect leaps and bounds over the next few years. Or just a hop, skip, and a step

mr bones is worth 20 n64 games

Literal memegame.

see

You know that people emulate stuff in more things than ARM machines, right?

On the plus side getting an original xbox and modding it to play whatever you want off a HDD is cheap and easy.

emufags being dishonest or incredibly stupid is part of discussion with them, they are inherently jewish in their behavior

lol it doesn't

Well I apologize, user, but I'm not paying $120 bucks to play fucking Conker.

emufags being dishonest or incredibly stupid is part of discussion with them

Ya can't even shitpost, on the mooooon~

Xbox emulation is easy, you just need a dev kit. Keep your eyes open, lad. :^)

You just reminded me of the cuck that used an Xbox Developer Kit to make a PC box.

Pretty sure that was his intention.
It also reminds me of the time some redditor spic sent back StarCraft 1's source code back to Blizzard
Fucking hell I wanna kill myself

That's a good question.
No.

Feel good about it because vergasucker literally has cancer.

He said stable; not accurate.

You can use an injector to change what rom is in the .wad but its finicky for what game will work depending on what .wad you inject into