Nintendo Switch Firmware 5.0.0 Leak

>(((Youtube))), (((Twitch))), and (((Crunchyroll))) apps added.

This is too good to be true. If it's real, then jesus christ bravo Nintendo. Still, no free online, no buy. Though, after ArtsyOmni's famous Rayman leak, anything is possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ElhEf#selection-1333.0-1335.423
dualshockers.com/steelseries-arctis-3-bluetooth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty much proof nintendo rushed the OS

I can do all those with my PC and I even don't need to pay an extra monthly fee to play games online.

Probably gimped to hell. Though it would be hilarious if its a full blown browser that pirates don't even need given all the other shit that has been happening.

It's already been debunked. It has the old YouTube logo and lists the wrong download size for Mario Kart 8

archive.is/ElhEf#selection-1333.0-1335.423

Like typical nintendo fashion, they release shit that has been in other consoles for years. You know they want to start charging shekels for online so badly. It's only a matter of time at this point.

Still no bluetooth headphones support? It sucks.

That is a red flag, however it could be possible this was in the works before the logo change happened, and they just didn't bother to change it. Another theory is they have the old Jewtube logo for the new one would make the icon look funny. But that is a red flag.
Another red flag, however it's possible the file was deleted, as when a file is deleted some data still remains in case you want to download the game again.

I doubt it. Nintendo has become well aware that all exploits for their past consoles were through the web browsers(I think Kimishima even addressed it in an investors meeting when asked what they'd do to combat piracy). The reason it didn't have a web browser at launch was probably so they could lock that bitch down.
Still, I look forward to making a shitpost here from my Switch once or twice for the novelty of it.

Another problem is that if this is actually a leak from NOA, then it's running on a devkit. Which means they might be running a gimped version of MK8 for testing purposes (Like the voice chat and party chat). And the old YouTube logo really can just be explained away by the fact that it's probably been in development for some time. Probably been in development since or before launch.

Is this modern gaming now? Basic features from two console generations back are stripped from a console's release, then added back, and people are ready to suck the console dev's dick? I fucking hate you normal fags.

Not really sucking Nintendo's dick. Believe me I've had choice things to say about NoA Namely Treehouse, and also about Breath of the Wild. What makes this interesting is the fact it's coming from Nintendo, the company that is always behind on the times and never listens. Ever since Tatsumi Kimishima took over, look at what happened:

>The games have been getting better Minus Breath of the Wild

It feels like a new Nintendo. Course, that doesn't mean you can't still shit on them, but it just is amazing the fact ever since the Switch came out it everything feels different.

Doesn't the fucking 3DS have most of these things? What the fuck Nintendo?

N-no! You don't understand! I-it's different because these features are on a handheld!

Kimishima is a business man. He's doing what is going to help Nintendo money. Let's look at what's been happening under his authority and how it helps make Nintendo money.

The 3DS didn't get a lot of it's features until two years after it released. Themes weren't a thing until 2013.

you forgot paid online

That's kind of a given, isn't it? "Paid" is in the name.

Sorry man, I don't really understand the point of your post.
So. Kimishima is doing all these things that are beneficial to the customer so that he can bring in more money.
Is…this a bad thing?
Are you just stating facts?
I can't tell if you're trying to shit on someone's parade or just trying to get someone to look at things objectively.
Regardless there are no fucking games on the switch. and i'm not spending 50 fucking dollars on Bomberman

The console is portable cutting its usefulness in half.
For the three or so games it has this isn't terribly useful.
Worthless.
Probably even worse than worthless, its pure bloat.
I have a phone.
This might be useful if they can integrate it into games that could use it like fighters or party games.
These are desperately needed but I can't say I'm thrilled since anything beyond solid colors is going to cost 5 dollars. Although some companies have been putting out free themes to promote their new games so I supposed I can find something neat without a microtransaction attached to it.

Region locking and them bypassing Treehouse are wonderful but NoE's localization of Xenoblade 2 was pretty middling. I at the very least expected them to make the subtitles fit the JP audio but they didn't bother and all the silly name changes were annoying.

I'm just explaining why the moves Kimishima made happened. Money making moves can be a good thing if they're beneficial to the consumer like the things I listed in my prior post. Minus paid online, Nintendo is going in a pretty good direction and I'm happy about it.

I'd rather a translation that is weak in some places, than "RAWR! That's Dragon for "I love you!" " and replacing flavor text NPC dialogue with memes.

what 3rd party support? port of old games and mobile garbage?

I look forward to Cucktendo's shit NES emulation.

But can I play Pokemon on it?

Ports are still support dumbass. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not the case. Further more, they sell, so while it may be ports now. Sales success of ports will lead to new games being released on the platform.

I'm with you there and, the quality of the voice acting aside, the localized script is rather good with a few notable exceptions (the heart to heart in Tora's house and Hana's stage three upgrade scenes for example). But comparing it to Treehouse is setting an incredibly low bar for quality. They could have easily done much better with even a little extra effort in making the subs more consistent and subbing the field chatter.

Why are Nintencucks such cucks?

The no region lock is a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that the whole hardware is being held back by being a handheld. Plus I haven't seen any games I am interested in yet.

oh boy look at all those game from 2006 that run a lot worse.

yeah, I'll pass on that

Don't try to make an argument after falling for the "All western games are trash" meme.

(You)

(you)
thanks

Yeah, that's my bad

You can't add gimmicks bullshit if you make the console a gimmick itself.

VS. Super Mario Bros is now available with unlimited continues, ignoring the fact that MAME got that covered 20 years ago.

Wait what? I haven't posted ITT thread yet how did you do that

magic

Why do you guys do this?

switch piracy soon

No way this is real. Nintendo isn't that competent.

In the leak video, when it opened to the folder menu, there was an option to make a Virtual Console folder.

Too hard to do. Fuck that.

What if this leak was just Homebrew?

Rip paid online?

That's so depressing, everything in that list is an easy solution. It could be hacked together in 2 minutes with proper os support.

This is probably one of the best examples of what Stallman warned us about, yes let's sit here and hope for a web browser, a web browser, if any other company did this they would be the laughing stock. And paying $5 to change background, god damn how do people put up with this.

Nintendo should welcome piracy, it's the only thing that will return that hardware's dignity.

Not saying I don't want homebrew, but still

Top kek. Next you're going to tell me all zelda games were shit anyways because you're a mature gamer that plays mature games.

Best news I've heard all day.

Nice try faggot.

The update isn't out though yet, this is a leak.

I heard that they only make the screen dimmer so it can "prevent seizures".

I can see where this is going. Not bothering to read the rest.

Playing devil's advocate here, it was a decent localisation, which is not the same as a translation. Poppy is a nickname you can give a small child in the north of england, her different models in the original had suffixes referencing imageboards referencing ages, so the whole 'qt' thing makes sense in that context. Dromarch is actually a name for a gaelic god of hunting/huntsmen, which with Nia's welsh voice actress is quite a clever touch imo. Pyra is derived from greek for fire, which is a connection more westeners will get over her original japanese name (which is also connected to fire).

It's certainly not perfect-and it's a pretty miserable failure as a translation, but it's a decent localisation. Best of all, treehouse got fucked

Damn you user, you were supposed to be done already. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE!

wow, maybe now they can finally launch the switch now that they have all those basic launch features consoles have had for 2 generations.

this meme needs to stop

And?
They are still censoring and butchering releases.

did you hear the sega saturn supports cd music? the fuck are they thinking? I want a games console not a multimedia device

I KNOW RIGHT! Omg, they should have added motion sensors instead! xD

Those can still be bunked. What really mess up and trully fake is the letter fonts check out at the 1:08 compare the "g" of "Settings" on the top and in the right "Legend". Every OS use the same fonts for everything, so this is finally debunked.

They should of put a vibration function into the controller user. Nothing says immersion in current year consoles like a vibrator in your hand while you play a game.

To a significantly lesser degree. Not the best, but still better than what treehouse was doing.

That's cool if true, but I'm not updating until homebrew is released and confirmed to work on the newer FW. Can't wait to mod in some custom themes.

I won't give a shit until it has an Animal Crossing game and is 250€ because the console has nothing I care about and only gimmicky bullshit.

Good goy, update your console

Who the fuck wastes time making a fake leak of a fucking OS interface

Oh yes of course, go…guy, you can totally buy the switch now, trust me I'm an user like you, everyone should buy a switch and remember in our weekly thread of this exact same questions convince others to do as well.
Nintendo is the only game company that makes anything now good anymore.
They are the oasis of comfort and entertainment in the desert of hate and fake.
Their games are like benevolent videogame entertainment phoenixes, they are reborn every iteration, some times the phoenixes are twins! And the games are split giving you double the fun for just double the price, we did it with Zelda ™️ and we've been having Game Freak® do it for years with those pokemans you and I all love.
The new one is coming out to! Can't wait to play that on my Nintendo Switch.
But back to your subject OG, you should get the Switch, quickly too you know stocks are always running low, people are buying these things up like 10 year old hookers.
Truly a masterpiece in engineering, incredible solid design, you can drop it as many times as you like.
The controllers are revolutionary, split one apart for playing with a friend or significant other, maybe one of your waifus.
It even has anti theft protection, simply combine the controllers the incorrect way, and viola its unusable to any thief.
I love it for when my son's dad's family visits.
I'm a little upset, maybe even a little peppery, that you ask is it good now.
It was always good! An incredible library of games, you had Zelda and others! Not like you need others Zelda is open world now! It offers endless possibilities in all our favorite fantasy lands Hyrule.
Also Skyrim, dudes, imagine traveling down the subway and among your wonderfully diverse and happy passengers a cute girls sits next to you and sees you playing Skyrim, she would totally be into you and I bet she would invite you to her younger sister Batmitzvah, impress her by saying your character only eats food according hebrew dietary guidelines.
The Switch isn't only a console, a tablet, its a life improvement!
So go out there a grab a Switch OG, do it as soon as possible, take a pay day loan if you have to but get it.
It will be great.

I suppose by the definition of the word, yes, it is a gimmick, but then so is every product that sells, ever.
The difference between this and, say, the 3DS' 3D, the Vita's touch screens, the PS4's touch pad and shit like that is that this has some practical application. This actually makes gaming more convenient. Yes, the battery life is shit, hence why I don't OWN a fucking Switch, but provided a bargain, piracy and some games, I could see myself using one.

Or you know, you could be an idort and wait until there's like five games on it you want.
I mean it's not like most of us here don't have jobs. Right?

BotW was a good game, prove me wrong.

I wouldn't go as far as "good" but it was alright.

This is the same console that uses efuses.

The new console is a shitty hybrid, the worst of both worlds. Also: joycons.

Good is an opinion, and you know what they say about those. They're all wrong, unless they're mine.

Are there any good headphones that can do both Bluetooth and wired?

SteelSeries used to have a good one, Siberia or something

I am wearing them as we speak. They only do cable and the build quality is shit.

I guess I remembered wrong haven't actually bothered with wireless headphones, seems unnecessary to me.

I use my headphones a lot at work and at home and since I'm not an audiophile I don't care about the perfect crispy sound, plus having to keep the cable on my lap constantly so it doesn't tangle into the wheels on my chair is annoying, but I'd like to have the option in case of low battery or some such.

I bet he regrets the insane audio latency.

I just remembered seeing this: dualshockers.com/steelseries-arctis-3-bluetooth/

Sage for double post

Forgot to sage, feel free to bully

J O Y C O N B O Y Z
xD

Its like you dumb fucks dont even know babbys first after effects tricks. Come the fuck on this is normalfag bait.

I just checked the profile font. It looks like the kerning is a bit off, but when I put on the light theme it's pretty identical.

OK, but when's it going to become an actual portable instead of just a glorified home console?

I like my Avantree set, but there are probably better out there. Pretty good quality for the price, though.

Just pick it up. Battery lasts as long as a Vita does on most shit.

Vita doesn't underclock itself when not plugged in though.

Still performs better.

I can fit my Vita into my pocket and whip it out on the train just fine though without needing to carry around a pair of controllers to clasp on it to make it work. Once they release the SS revision that puts the controls onto the unit itself and makes it fit in your pocket, I'll pick one up if enough games come out on it by then

wew

Same shit, now with Welsh voices.

Consolefags will pay for anything. I can't even get mad at the kikes who exploit them anymore because people are stupid enough to pay the money in the first place. If I had the ability to exploit millions of retards I would do the same.

Will never be good, just learn to read video games yourself instead of letting other people tell them what they think the games should say.

But where are the ads in the interface that can't be disabled? And why has paid online been pushed back twice? Fuck this, I'm buying Microsoft and Sony.

emphasis on shit, reminder dubs were never good

Hello, time traveler from 2008.5 here. What is crunchyroll?

fake and gay

crunchy roll's been around since 2006 and used to be anime/k/jdrama/k/j/mv youtube

I'm probably wrong. But isn't Crunchyroll one of those pirate sites that went (((legit)))?

yeah, i used to work for them when it was a pirate streaming site and it was a lot more fun back then even if still a little jewish with things like cr membership. it had pretty much every form of media and tv broadcast and plenty of subtitle group options.

I don't get it.
They also said 'shit' and 'bitch' in Xenoblade 2 and yet it has a teen rating (not to mention it being a nintendo game). What the fuck?

the overton window for how the ESRB operates has shifted quite a bit in recent years. the window for an M rating has shifted and the T rating has a sort of lower requirement to achieve now. plus the ESRB isn't exactly a clean group.

Oh man

Strap in, faggot

I like Nintendo and know this shit is coming

The japanese version has Nia call Zeke turtle head because he loves turtles, which is also how you say dick head in niponese. Considering one-eyed-monster means penis and fits as an insult because he wears an eyepatch, they managed to keep the original JP pun almost completly intact in the English version. VA aside that scene is a pretty good translation/localization/whatever the fuck. At least it's not on the level of some translations where they fucked up what characters were talking.

You're absolutely right this isnt fair to compare a library of a one-year old system to a handheld that is nearly seven years old and still kicking but shit goes both ways

I still dont expect much of the Switch unlike what the Vita managed to pull out

Yeah, the Hatred shit was either pure incompetence or corruption at work.

BULLY
BULLY
BULLY
BULLY
BULLY

When was the last game that wasn't some jap trash like Danganropa?

sauce?

saucenao.com

cant tell if retarded goon or neofag

Probably both

If by that you mean a Japanese game that wasn't trash, the Vita's last big one was SRW V last February. If you're trying to imply that all Japanese games are trash, you need to go back to SA.

I'm hyped for SRW X, there are plenty of great nip games. It's just that the vita is the king of both shovelware-tier weeb-bait, and ruiner of PS4 games. The Switch, if nothing else, doesn't damage the development of the games ported to it.

As well you ought to be user.

I don't see how? Unless you mean the fact that there's no reason to get a PS4 because everything good on it is either on the Vita or PS3, but even of the games that get a PS4 port I don't see how they would've been any better if they'd been a PS4 exclusive.

This thread devolved from shit to some form of putrid excrement unknowable by any conscious being.

So is this a fake or not?

Look at every game that has gotten a Vita port: lower resolution textures, shittier models, it's just an excuse for them to make a game for the vita, toss on a bit of anti-aliasing, and call it current gen.

Also, do you think we'll get a Kaiser/Emperor G combo attack, or will Kaiser just transform into Zero like in V? Hopefully we get more combo attacks in general, since they're reusing stuff as it is. Playable Nightingale pls

I don't see it personally, stuff like SRW and Gundam Breaker on Vita still look crisper and more detailed than most other modern games. Plus if anything I think it's that they're designing a Vita game and then tossing in a PS4 port because of Sony incentivizing it, since home consoles really aren't the driving force in Japan.

God I hope so.

I'm almost hopeful that Zero will just be an enemy, since the PV didn't show Kouji piloting it. I really like Zero, but I don't want it upstaging Kaiser.

The lack of Getter is made more prominent by this, I'd love to see a fancier and upgraded version of W's Dynamic Double Impact for instance. That said, as the lack of Getter indicates, we won't be having Dynamic combos beyond possibly stuff like Double Burning Fire, and the lack of Zambot despite Daitarn being in means the usual Muteki combinations won't be in either. It'll most likely be the usual "within series" combos like Shou and Marvel's combination.

>Playable Nightingale pls
I'm cautiously optimistic about this, since X seems likely to be a "spiritual sequel" to V the way MX was to IMPACT, and Char was dead in V

No one is sure yet. The most valid argument for the video being fake is that some of the font isn't the same. The old Youtube logo argument has been debunked since platforms like the PS4 and Roku sill use the old logo. Just wait for the supposed Nintendo Direct on the 11th and call everyone a faggot if it's fake.

More like, there's no reason to get the Vita version of games when there's usually a better version on PS3/4. It really should have had its own library, shitty multiplatforms killed the Vita.

They're not better though, they're the exact same game, just on the PS3 or 4 they're not portable.

Other way around, the PS4 is the one that needs to get it's own library instead of just depending on ports.

Except with better resolution, textures, framerate, controls, etc.

Which is actually bigger, the PS4 or the Vita in Japan? I'm curious now.

I know the Vita is popular over there because they commute a lot. That's why it gets so many shitty ports I guess.

Actually they're the same size as they are in America. The size doesn't change internationally

Holy shit, epic WINRAR!!!

the vita. It's been around for a few more years and handhelds are usually quite a bit larger in Japan.

No? They're all pretty much the same with the exception of using the touch screen for the super modes in Gundam Breaker

The PS4's starting to move more units per month now since pretty much everyone who wants a Vita has one, but last I checked for total units sold period the Vita was on top by far, though to be fair I couldn't tell you what the comparison at equivalent points in the lifespan were.

Pretty much, when you have two hour commutes by train one way to work/school then the same back home, it's no wonder the 3DS and Vita dominate the market.

Gaffer, just because we're Anonymous here doesn't mean we don't have Post IDs.

you ok user?

Seriously nigger?

I think you might be retarded. Nobody was hoping for these things. Also Stallman is a fucking autistic retarded (((socialist))) faggot.