I was thinking about making a space game Holla Forums but not any space game. The greatest space game ever made...

I was thinking about making a space game Holla Forums but not any space game. The greatest space game ever made. The only problem is that I need money to fund my dream project so I was thinking about using crowd funding but rather than do what most people do which is just ask for money, if people give me money I will give them a ship. If I get enough people buying my ships I will design more ships to put in the game which I will offer to sell to my backers, which in turn if they buy I will design even more ships to sell. If I get enough people buying my ships then I will eventually have enough money to build my dream game. Is this a good plan Holla Forums?

Make demo first, then make kickstarter.
Go to >>>Holla Forums or codeacademy, now fuck off.

the venture capitalist retards in silicon valley will literally fund anything

Sounds like a plan Chris.

Why stop selling promises of ships? Just keep going, round and round. Promise new ships, get money, use 1% of money to design new ships, rinse and repeat until you have infinite money.

B-but a-user, that would be dishonest!

Fine examples of brain damage

Sounds like something I'd pay 140 million dollars for.

I prefer "ethically adaptable."

look hes projecting

How is it projecting? You restated the obvious joke made in the OP as if you didn't understand it

You could also branch out into selling virtual real-estate. I'm sure your fellow backers would jump on the opportunity to have a place to call their own.

which is why OP sucks a bag of dicks

How much for that spurdo?

$15,000 user. It's a very rare jpeg.

it'd be a shame if somebody pirated it

Wow. You're pretty butt flustered after someone pointed out your stupidity. Neat!

We need a Ugandan Space Game.

You know what happens when you copy money, user?

Is that why your shitty thread has only had less than 20 bumps with ZERO progress within a day? >>>/suicide/

At this rate it's more entertaining to keep threads like this alive if this is how buttblasted you get.

PM'd you the money

Half tempted to make jpegs ships of my own and get a piece of this action!

criminally underrated post.

Too late, Star Citizen already has that market.
And there's already Starsector for fleet based combat and empire building.
And Cosmoteer for ship designing.
And No Man's Sky for procederal garbage.
There's no real niches left.

I'm not the one who's hitting a brickwall and rejecting advice, I could care less and I'll prove it too. No more (You)'s for you.

I just had an excellent idea for a jpeg!

he could make a spess game version of trucking simulator

could be good

but the X games and KSP already exist if you want spess trucking or orbital trucking even

So you want the X series as an idle game? Just how cancerous do you want this thread to be?

and this is why sims are boring non-game trash. I was going for a euro-truck simulator style game, but in space. that user was right. all niches are taken.

Why is it always the faggots with shit grammar who have awful opinions?

I fucking hate this. One planet alone could take up all development resources and be far more interesting. You still have the potential for multiple cultures, histories, varied environments, etc, and by focusing on one planet, you could make it feel more alive rather than scatter your points of interest. That doesn't mean you can't have alien species or spaceships or whatnot, you could hint at some species being from another planet and make the next game about that planet, making more exciting as it goes along. Too many people dream too ambitious, start off small and work as you go, if there's potential others will see it too and decide if it's worth being successful or not.

Speaking of X, does anyone know how to emulate X-scape? That shit was cool as fuck. Polywave.

Fuck you, nigger. Being stuck on one planet does, in fact, mean you can't have aliens - unless they're invaders or some shit - and it CERTAINLY means you can't have "spaceships or whatnot" you stupid fuck. No space battles, no space ships, no space travel.

You can still have space battles focused around defending the planet or travel to moons and mine asteroids around the planet. All I'm saying is that keeping your scope small often makes it feel more complete.

Space games are cheaper to make though, just put in some basic physics and make a single texture for the background. You also have the perfect excuse for your setting to be literally empty space. In other open world games, you're forced to make some sort of terrain for every bit of land and even the ocean floor, for space games you make a single texture and call it a day.

SS13 never ever.

Is this some sort of new bait?

Chris Roberts will sue.