Emulation Thread - No Survivors Edition

What are you emulating?
What platform is worth to get in?
Filter yes or no?
Any Hack worth to check out?

Launchbox developer spams email to everyone, calling to raid a random guy because muh-pirate.
forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/42213-we-need-your-help-were-being-attacked-and-threatened/

Switch is hacked, doors are more open than a slutty whore working fulltime
archive.is/jQq4c

Xbox Classic emulation still not happening but still not dead, lot of progress was made:
patreon.com/posts/this-year-in-16148956

Consider to play Mario64 in 2 Player moder
origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=41

Also, lot cool stuff hit the web around xmas and new year, worth to check out
romhacking.net/
romhacking.net/translations/3354/
romhacking.net/translations/3355/

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/Main_Page
store.steampowered.com/curator/31658521-Emulation-General/?appid=2290
blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/01/intel-kernel-security-bug-what-means-for-pc-gamers/
exhentai.org/g/481615/2271624455/
mednafen.fobby.net/
mednafen.github.io/
github.com/john-peterson/dolphin-emu
github.com/SonofUgly/dolphin/releases
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dolphin
yuzu-emu.org/
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
emucr.com/2017/10/pcsx-reloaded-git-20171013.html
mega.nz/#!8KQlhCjL!awOMIEVtMqPFwIyOYfDrWvatFaKubKq0W977NqxoUbQ
m64p.github.io/
github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/releases
lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=n64 goodset
sm64hacks.com/thread-121.html
romhustler.net/
firedrop.com/87a71003d5816c03
nicoblog.org/nds-roms/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-of-sky-usa/
psvep.com/
cdn.disagreementapp.com/attachments/292707796175290369/388638220436504576/BoTW_FPS_for_v1.4.0.7z
my.mixtape.moe/kbdsxg.7z
forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=2449
raphnet.net/programmation/mupen64plus-input-raphnetraw/index_en.php
uoyabause.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how fucking devastated are intel cpus for emulation now that they are getting 30% less performance on average

non, most of the emus are openGL based, anyway, so far no benchmarks report showed any performence lost.

emulation is very heavily tied to cpu performance.

Are you just pretending?

DESTROY EVERYONE EVER FOREVER

Does this image symbolize autism and sensory overload?

It's more just general high levels of displeasure.

Im emulating PS2, so far I managed to run Unlimited SaGa, DQ8, FF12 Zodiac AND Romancing SaGa, without any major issues.
But stuff like MGS2, God Hand and shinobi showed some slowdown or stutter, Silent Hill 2 had the fog all fucked up along with the FMV´s and Shadow Hearts had the FMVs fucked too along with some backgrounds.

Any pointers? I have an I7, but as someone described the 7500U is just a fancy dual core, Im going to try to run some games in software mode later, according to the wiki that should work with the FMV´s

also Im emulating a bunch of JRPGs too on my PSP, SNES emulation is not ideal but anything I tried except for FF6 runs like a charm, currently playing DQ3 and Romancing Saga 3

for indeepth settings on each game seach the game with the term pcsx2
look for the pcsx2 wiki or search it up directly here
wiki.pcsx2.net/Main_Page

Stop using laptops for PCSX2 and blaming the emulator you mouth-breathing retards.

3DS right now.
I have fun with Bravely Default and Rune Factory 4.
I also have PPSSPP, mGBA, Desmume, pcsx2, Dolphin and retroarch for psx emulation.
What platform is worth to get in?
PC only.
Setting Citra up was complete pain in ass.
Filter yes or no?
No.
Any Hack worth to check out?
I don't have any recent ones.

Damn, now I want to buy a Switch.

Just don't.
Wait for fall 2018 to do that.

Could someone help me build list of all of the games on Steam that run through an emulator?
store.steampowered.com/curator/31658521-Emulation-General/?appid=2290

Play on a fucking desktop you stupid nigger.

who is blaming the emulator? I clearly stated that my CPU is not ideal

I do have a desktop, but Im travelling abroad and I cant carry the whole setup with me

most nightdive releases like Darklands use Dosbox I think

Not, impact is 5% at most for emulator, likely even less.

Then you answered your own question. If you want to play more demanding games like MGS or Ace Combat, then play them on your desktop, assuming it's using a better CPU.
Oh you dumb nigger, they're going to run worse on your shit top.

Using RPCS3 to play Dragon Quest Builders and using Citra to play a bunch of puzzle games.
Apparently some stuff got changed in Canary and games like Professor Layton and SMT4 run at full speed for me.

How well does RPCS3 work?

It's just a fork of android isn't it?? Shouldn't be long till we get a working emulator I don't think.
How is CEMU doing?

Pretty sure Switch OS isn't android.

Provided you're using a good desktop CPU?
Bunch of games run pretty well, most don't, many still have noticeable audio issues.
I can vouch for AB Climax running really well
Odin sphere Dragon's Crown need a patch (it's on hte Github)and have somewhat strange framerate drops but still more than playable and the latest versions also fixed the small graphical issues they had and incessant freezing issue are also seemingly fixed.
Okami HD runs really well but now that there's a PC port it's not very relevant (although technically the PC port without fixes uses much more ressources by default).

The switch is basically a gimped Shield TV (Tegra X1 but severely underclocked even in docked mode) running a custom OS

Really fucking well actually, new multicore dynarec is pure bliss.

I was more checking for 3D dot game heroes, always wanted to play it but someone stole my ps3.

I booted it, runs mostly fine from the 5 minutes I've looked at, didn't crash or have those weird sticky graphical effects like it used to.

Danke

why are emulator developers such fuck ups at real life?

Because historically the most fucked up people are the ones capable of dedicating enough focus to put up with the shit of software development.

I have no words. This is a joke right?

Is it possible to make the Retroarch window name show the game name instead of the core/frame stuff?

Nah, byuu is a total fuckup in every way outside of making higan and VG preservation related things
He's not the only one either.

Didn't a Dolphin tranny kill himself after some 4chan anons shitposted at him?

Yeah, well that's the (((official))) version anyways, in reality he was just absolutely fucking miserable and sick and he already tried several times before but surprisingly none of his family or "friends" were ever blamed for that.

Because Byuu is an ego driven retard who's only worthwhile endeavor is getting people to using ZSNES.
(checked)
Don't forget when he lost some German guy's SNES collection of expensive PAL games while shipping it back and never bothered to insure the package.

I'll check your trips, but fuck you.

It's true but I'm mostly referring to the fact that they all knew, all did nothing about it and jumped on someone for posting a couple mean messages on the internet and that's not something you can defend regardless of how you look at suicide.

It's bullshit. It only effects servers and virtual machines.
blog.logicalincrements.com/2018/01/intel-kernel-security-bug-what-means-for-pc-gamers/

Yes. He was a tranny.

Anybody around here happens to have the v1.0 TL patch for R-Type Tactis 2?
The dev pussied out and removed access to DLC in the latest version after getting bullied by the RHDN staff despite it being totally unavailable otherwise.

bump

he's a to be fair, he keeps getting swindled by random retro garbage machines that violate the GPL license (also extends to retroarch and other emulators), so his hatred and faggotry builds up more and more and this is just a side effect.

Do emulators need to read kernel memory? No? then you should expect exactly 0 slowdown

Will I run into issues if I convert a fan translated 3DS CIA for use in Citra?

I want to play terrys wonderland and DQ joker 3

no

Other than RPCS3 you wouldn't even have to worry about the hypothetical 30% unless you have a shit tier cpu

I honestly feel bad for him as he's an underdeveloped high achiever with a just-world complex.
I've written a nes emulator so understand the time investment for something so… useless.
I imagine if I never was forced into hard labour I'd still be like him.
He obviously had a beta father, bitch mother, botched circumcision, lonely life.
he is why coorporate kikes love homos in the office, yet he thinks the jews that feminized him are heroes.
literally marked as a goy slave at birth so he could focus on preserving consumer childrens toys rather than preserve family, culture, art, god.

So much faggotry in that launchbox thread, holy shit.

At least it's not as overused as the "walking garbage" one. But I'll accept it if the emulator is being developed as open source, otherwise it's just another piece of shit like Project64 or CEMU.

The OS is some custom microkernel and the hardware is not standard. This somehow goes above the poor thinking that the XBOX should be easy because it's mostly standard PC parts.

This is why "shut up and show us the code" is a mantra in Real Open Source™. Because the minute it becomes about politics it's only a matter of time before it stops being about who knows what they're actually doing.

It is standard, the SoC is at the very least.

FUCK YOU

You've been warned AMD is shit at emulation, not anyone elses problem you choose to ignore those warnings.

Wouldn't change a damn thing, it's the lack of MTed drivers for OGL that fucks AMD.

Works fine last I checked.

Why are there FOUR separate windows installers for it? Why is windows 9x even an option and why isn't XP lumped with 7/8/10?

You can read, so the answer should be simple enough for you to figure out.

Because the devs want to support 9x but can't do so with the same build as the other

Because XP doesn't support everything used in the 7 and up builds.

So there's a limit on the number of cores for each version, okay… Is there a list somewhere with details?

Not exactly, but there's functions that are necessary for certain cores that aren't present on some older version and some functions that are simply not supported at all, so basically the older you go the less cores and functions you have

Probably not, but I can guess you're not getting accelerated 3D rendering on 9x builds and that XP builds will have worse to nonexistent vulkan support and slightly worse general performance because of the older compiler.

How do I fix this?

Because they are quite different.

The actual WiiU uses GL calls. The way CEMU works is by re-compiling native GL shaders to host GL shaders. Implementing Vulkan would be a pretty retarded idea tbh. With the Gamecube and Wii Nintendo used their own proprietary API called GX, so the Dolphin devs kinda needed to convert them to DirectX or GL

You don't
Try OGL if you have an Nvidia GPU I don't think it fixes every issue though, SW is too slow to be usable on that game iirc

I'll try thanks.

Pretty sure one of the hacks fixes that

Kill yourself, reddit.

Got 2 TB of pirated games
Gave a couple of dollars to the RPCS3 devs
Torrenting like 6 compressed repacks and seeding 10 of them.

Bye

I wasn't going to say anything about this comment because I didn't think Reddit would actually do that, but then I remembered all the retarded shit they did.

Hello Darkness my old friend…

There was nothing on that dev computer worth squat I guarantee it. The starcraft one is however quite infuriating.

Imagine being this ignorant.

It wasn't just the contents but how he dealt with the whole situation and what he did with something decently rare nowadays.

Even if I've seen both of those things over and over again, I still get the urge to punch something.

Dev computer would have given us infrastructure, maybe even documentation, on how to better make an original xbox work, even if its actual contents were bare.

My sister's husband worked on an OG Xbox game that ended up never getting released and he still has the dev kit. It's the clear one though (pic related).

Artist's name?

I'll do you one better.
exhentai.org/g/481615/2271624455/

He's a faggot regardless. Fuck him and his moral grandstanding. Higen a shit.

There's a remote possibility for a game prototype, but considering the policy and how up your ass M$ got when you had one of those it's not likely.
Anything else that could have been on that is available and / or useless.

Because defective thought processes are required to keep slogging through how old shit worked, and how to get it working again.

ADOLPH VULT

Even by defective thought process standards it takes a special brand of autistic determination to read through several hundred MBs large tracelogs.

Run in software mode.
Runs at 150% speed on my 6500.

Is coolrom flooded with viruses now?
I used it years ago and got playable games without viruses (viri?) but I've heard some shit about it.

You're better of going to eumparadise. Coolrom got cucked and took down most of the major first party games, and seems to be riddled with adware. Emuparadise had same fate but at least you can ignore their capcha.

Have you played the God Emperors chosen game yet?

Slighty on/offtopic, didn't know what thread to ask.

For those who pirate more recent games, where do you torrent from? Do you use a VPN? I recently got a letter from ISP for a game. Never seen that happen. Maybe with new release movies, but never games.

Well, shit. I really regret that I didn't listen to my paranoid instincts and hoard games on a hard drive.

Can we assemble some sort of list of uncucked emulators and ROM libraries in some kind of massive copypasta?
I'm mostly interested in Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced and Gamecube games.
Is dolphin still good?

It could be hard, almost every emulator have some contributors with mental diseases.
Complete rom libraries are already made. You just need to find them.
Use mGBA for gb and gba.
While its developer is a little questionable it's one of best emulators right now.
If you still have XP, use VBA-M instead.
Yes.

I use direct downloads. I don't recommend doing it with unstable, slow or limited internet connection.
No.
It only happens, if you download too much AAA shit and live in poilice state.

My dad works at nintendo, too.

THE DEVIL

Here's a complete PS2 collection torrent.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8517b29d393c291aa331e9f479b3767321b200ed

These cost $3/mo and you would be stupid not to.

All you need to do is check your ROM hashes match the ones on a verified source like No-Intro or Redump or whatever. Then it doesn't even matter where you download them from. Generally speaking Emuparadise's do OK but for smaller libraries like NES or SNES just find a full torrent. For courtesy's sake do not use Internet Archive, their archival is of far more importance than gaming.

As far as emulators, if not open source, it doesn't go on the list, and don't allow personal fee-fees to get in the way.

take a look at the share threads. OP has a console list

mess with the DirectX settings and see if one of them gives you better performance. I think that older versions of DirectX work better for PCSX2 for some reason. Other than that you can try turning up some of the speedhacks

The reason is because the DirectX renderers haven't been updated to add more accurate emulation effects.

what the shit man

maybe you'll see some progress with GBE+
The guy working on that has been going full on autism over emulating the most obscure Gameboy stuff. He'll get to GBA one day.

bump

Where do I get this?
And what's the best SNES emulator?

All right, I'm a faggot, I managed to find it 20 seconds later.

Any news on DS emulation?

Kega Fusion has stopped loading from srm files and I get an error whenever I try to save or load a state. I haven't changed anything like the configuration or the file locations recently and I can't find any solutions online. Is there any reason for this?

What gives? I don't remember the emulator being this bad when I played months ago & my computer shouldn't be that bad.

AMD?

Run it as administrator. It probably is trying to save files where it cannot do it.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 950. My older Nvidia card didn't have slowdowns.

Are you talking about the same games here?

Yes. When I tried playing Persona 4 on the newer card, it gave me a lot of slowdowns that would temporarily stop if I tabbed out with the windows start menu but then it would eventually lag again.

what happened with mednafen? Homepage is down since a week or so.

Their body wasn't Reggie

Maybe try updating your drivers? Could be an emulator issue too. If you have a discord account you could ask about it on there.

Which site are you visiting? Mednafen's site hasn't been down at all.

mednafen.fobby.net/

mednafen.github.io/
thats the mednafen site. Fobby is only for the forums.

bully me

don't suppose anyone can direct me to a comparison between the top NES emulators i.e. Nestopia, FCE Ultra, puNES, official Virtual Console emulator, highlighting the pros and cons of each? Looking for the best way to play Castlevania 3 (or any game with a custom sound chip) outside of real hardware.

Official VC is usually awful. Just download Mesen and use that.

Anyone having issues with Retroarch's 360 pad bindings?
My wireless 360 controller on Ganoo/loonix openSUSE Tumbleweed werks fine in the Menus, but whenever I launch a core it gets all fucked up.
Takes like 2 minutes to recognize any input device including the keyboard, after that the keyboard inputs werk but the core inputs are all weird.
dpad right is mapped to RT, down is mapped to LT, dpad up is mapped to dpad down and Mario keeps walking left with no buttons pressed.
The other buttons work as they should, and the bindings in the menu don't show any abnormalities.

t. xboxdrv

this

lolwut

Why the fuck would it support XP and DX9 when its coded long after it has been depreciated?

because it's an 8-bit console that is well emulated under DOS? I'm just confused as to what the NES could possibly even need with DX11, is all.

Its not about needing DX11 at this point, its more about why bother porting a program in which you coded with DX11 and 64bits in mind to DX9 especially when a linux port already exists.

Because loonix is a dead end thanks to system dick and Red Hat cannibalizing everything?

Tried updating my drivers, still have slowdowns.

If you want the best audio then use Punes. If you want the least amount of input lag use Nestopia core in RA with hard gpu sync enabled.
Mesen has the second best audio out of the three but atm it is slightly more laggy than the others.

Disregard the input lag comment, i just tested the mesen core again and they've fixed the lag.

What the FUCK are the Dolphin devs fucking problems when it comes to emulating the WiiMotionPlus controller? Why should I have to shell out for an actual Motion Plus controller?
Are they mentally retarded? I thought the whole point of emulation was so you DIDN'T need the original hardware. Do those fucks not realize the controllers are going to be fucking impossible to find someday? I just want to be able to BOOT Skyward Sword. Fucking please, I feel like I'm being teased with the "Please Connect Motion+™ Controller" Messages

You want to know the real kicker? I OWN AN ACTUAL WII MOTION PLUS CONTROLLER but my Laptops built-in Bluetooth hardware is fucking retarded and Dolphin can never detect the motion plus. Bluetooth Pasathrough doesn't work either. I refuse to give the kikes money for a Dolphin Bar. This shit is beyond infuriating

NIH
Dolphin Bar shekels

Go into the wiki and find the new up to date WM+ build, might not be that fresh but ubershaders are already there so it can't be really that old, the code is there it doesn't take a pro leet coder to merge and maintain but Dolphindevs are stubborn retards so it won't ever get merged back.

The guy working on M+ emulation was the subject of an internecine spergout by the rest of the team, and he lacked the contrarian masochism necessary to keep a fork going like Ishiiruka, so the last builds with M+ emulation are years old:
github.com/john-peterson/dolphin-emu

Bullshit, link? All I could find was this build;

And it also perplexes the fuck out of me why the Ishiiruka build doesn't even emulate M+ despite it being such a big feature request

github.com/SonofUgly/dolphin/releases
Nevermind I actually found it

I just remember searching for a more recent solution back in the Summer and none existed so I kind of lost hope but thank fuck for this

Huh, found it. I think other poster was referring to OUR wiki rather than Dolphin's:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Dolphin

And yeah, I wonder why Ishiiruka doesn't have M+ emu. Speaking of Ishiiruka, does anybody package new builds as PPAs for APT-based Linux? Compiling each version manually is a pain.

how close is the audio in punes to real hardware? particularly where custom sound chips are involved.

God damn but Beetle on Retroarch is a pain to get working. I got all of the BIOSes and a game ROM but it just refuses to boot up Tekken and crahses with a visual c++ error.

is there any SNES RPG as comfy as Earthbound?

take a look into the retroarch settings - path's, and look if the path for bios shows the correct folder (mine is firmware, i put all my bioses in there and let retroarch point to this folder)
Beetle(mednafen) needs very specific bioses, check that too.

not sure but maybe these are comfy enough for you

Metal Max Returns

I have them in the system directory of retroarch and it says that the BIOSes are all valid.

I'm not that experienced in emulation, but PCSX2 has severe input lag with a DS3 controller that I don't get with PPSSPP. I'm already double booting Win7 and Win10, and I heard Linux will fix the issue, but I can't find anything else about this anywhere.

Try disabling desktop composition in Windows 7. You can't do that in Windows 10 though.

Linux will probably fix it.

Holy shit I think it worked, finally I can play a game that's already difficult in peace without being bothered by having to wrestle my controller for control. Thanks.

what format are you trying to run with beetle? I got black screen with FF8 cue files because of the copy protection. You can also try beetle HW, its basicly the same core just in hardware mode.

Hardware, I just loaded the zip archive. Works fine with PCSX ReARMed.

Holy shit, are you fucking 12 years old? Stomping your feet like a fucking retard because you can't play what's possibly the worst ever Zelda title?

What the actual fuck is wrong with you? A Hardware manufacturer SPECIFICALLY catered to the emulation community by designing, programming, and manufacturing an extremely functional and high-quality product for use with Dolphin - effectively supporting piracy - and you're going to call them kikes because YOU are the one who is too cheap to pay for something that somebody actually made? Kikes are kikes when they make money off of other people's money, doing nothing but lying and deceiving. Mayflash had a team of people who actually designed and developed a product that 100% dead-center bulls-eye nails its intended purpose.

Don't buy one, go ahead and deal with whatever other bullshit you need to to get M+ emulation to work, but holy shit you're COMPLAINING that you're getting emulation software for free, that it isn't good enough for your standards, and accusing a company that actually designed and made a product of being Kikes. Who is the fucking Jewish one, here? You're being a whiny, cheap, stupid bastard, so if I had a noose in my hand it would be hard to tell you from one. I am not a dolphin dev, have never donated to their project, and have never worked for Mayflash, but holy fucking shit, what bullshit autism. Dolphin is an excellent piece of software, and the Dolphinbar is seamless and kick ass.

Heelios please, don't you have UI elements to remove and PR to close for inane reasons?

sorry to disappoint Amd fag but you re still way behind

Who the fuck uses 98 SE outside of VMs?

Does this mean i can slap RA on 98 SE and boot to DOS and play games ?

Is there even a chance of making modern hardware run 98 SE?

god i miss 98SE

Not too sure as i don't have a copy of Gimmick or Akumajo Densetsu, but they do sound audibly better in punes.

dependencies

That's how pcxs2 is. It doesn't have a proper fullscreen mode. Disable vsync, disable aero, and use a wired controller.

Actually, yes, it really is incredible the level of legacy support the x86-64 architecture has maintained. And I honestly mean this in a good way

Found out my issue. My game was in a zip archive and Beetle couldn't load that, I unzipped it and loaded the .cue then it worked.

bump

Does anyone use keyboard controls? What is your setup?

depends on the games and system.
Arrow keys + ASDFZXCV is my standard MAME control scheme.

Bump

IT BEGINS

One based on left part of my keyboard and arrow keys, when they are needed.

here you go nigger
yuzu-emu.org/
also:
>>>/benis/
ftfy

its already over.

so it will take 5 years to play some games in the then current top tier hardware

This gives me hope for those few games i want to play on switch.

so no joypad use at all.

least of its problems

At the very least this says people are working on it.

This is different hardware

Alrighty lads, so I'm taking a flight to another state in a few days so in the interest of packing as lightly as I can (since my priorities are clothes and shit) I can only bring my Android phone

I haven't been in the emulation scene on Android in fucking years, but I want to load it up with a bunch of ROMs not because I need some form of entertainment and I refuse to touch mobile games. What is the absolute best emulator for Android for the following platforms
GB/GBC
GBA
N64
NES
SNES
Genesis

I currently have Dolphin and Dosbox installed but that's it

So, I have this problem where I cannot get PS1 games on PCSXR(-PGXP) to run above 10 fps. This problem is true for all of the settings, and I do not know what I can do. Here are the current plugins I have set and the settings for them. I should add that I doubt the problem is my machine as I've had it running PS1 games just fine before, and the only thing that has changed since then is that I reinstalled Windows to clean things out. It's Windows 10, BTW.

inb4 craptop or amd

where did you get your PCSXR-PGXP build from?

Retroarch?

I don't know why you would need anything else

ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
emucr.com/2017/10/pcsx-reloaded-git-20171013.html

It's an off the shelf Nvidia SoC running a modified 3DS OS, helps that it's extremely well documented and the docs are public.
Might not be as shit simply for the fact that going LLE like citra would be a bad idea.

Go into the OGL2 tweaks .ini and disable the fancy shit like 8x res and xBR, those two things together can still murder lower end GPUs.

That fixed it. Thank you.

Who wants to play some netplay with me on Retroarch, MAMEHub, Fightcade, etc whatever you like? There's lots of good co-op games or we can even take turns in a single player game. I'm down for anything.

I am up for it. I wanted to try double dragon 2 on RA.

NES?

yeah

Thanks m8, don't even know why I never thought of that

I can host with password: user

Playing pic related

is breddy fun

nice rom name nerd
where did you get it

sadly emuparadise doesn't have the rom anymore. Upload yours?

mega.nz/#!8KQlhCjL!awOMIEVtMqPFwIyOYfDrWvatFaKubKq0W977NqxoUbQ

Thanks, should be up now. What difficulty?

this stuttering is unplayable

You live on the opposite side of the earth it seems. gg anyways.

How on earth don't you have one of this?
All of the Judendo roms in 32 GB.

No-Intro is the new hotness grandpa

I'm not going to update the sets just because some roms that I rarely play have intros.

You'll be left behind then. Even romhacks nowadays only accept No-intro hashes and for emulators like Mednafen using bad dumps will straight up not boot the game.

Do you realize that a goodset includes clean dumps too?

"clean" by a decade old standard. Then there is header fuckery too

That's why you pick the [!]

Get a pdf/manga reader so you can read books and weebshit too. I don't know if you're the kind who can play video games all day but I can't do just one thing for longer than an hour, and in trips I'd get bored if I didn't have something other than games.

Sure is. KernelEX is a thing, there's even a KernelEX for Windows 2000 these days too. Also, despite what you might read, Windows 9X is still used when ever direct hardware access is needed (DMA I think?). The NT kernel removes it from what I remember.

He could probably group Windows 95 into the 98SE/ME builds if he took ZDoom's isDebuggerPresent asm file and used it. The BSD license that specifc file is under should be compatible with his project.

Not sure why he has a separate XP and 7/8/10 build, but it might be because of core requirements, not his doing.

is the name of a group, it doesn't have to do anything with the intro of a game.

Yes it's the name of a group.

This thread is still alive? Step it up Holla Forums

emulation threads are always slow. Nothing to complain about.

That sounds pretty neat, I don't suppose there's an alternative version of it for drivers is there?

Didn't mean to complain, sorry. I'm just amazed it's stuck in this limbo state of always getting bumped before it dies, to the point of dragging on for so long on a board like this one.

Breads are slow when burgers goes to bed. In the german TMZ we are mostly flooded with shill-bots and shitposter goons. At this time the normal threads (or generall threads) slowly drops to the bottom. As later it gets in germany as more activity comes back. I am from germany, always staying up to late night and sometime to early morning. I see the change in post counts. First time i notice this was with the early gg threads on Holla Forums. Even today you can see a difference in post quality in the gg threads between the tmz's

Any good Xbox controller configs for both Mario Galaxies and Metroid Prime 3?

check the dolphin wiki and compatibility thread for the games. They should have one.

You're trying to tell me I've been logging in during the shitposting rush hour all this time?

FCEumm

Nestopia has more input lag, at least last time I used it, and is more resource intensive. FCEumm works well enough. It's just gameplay, not playing some demoscene rom.

Buy it from the chinks like everyone else, you can't beat them BOTH.

You mean they sell clones on aliexpress?

autism can be debilitating sometimes

Now that's a low bar. Don't ever go to Holla Forums or /pone/, you might die.

I'd rather people think I'm wanking it then have people know I'm a kissless virgin

Pathetic. If vidya isn't against the library rules then why should you hide it? Be unapologetic and do whatever the hell you want, and no one's gonna tell you shit.
I used to play all the time in the library and in class whenever there was a chance, everyone knew and some students even got interested in what I was playing sometimes. Anyone who tried acting surprised or ridiculing me for it got told to fuck off and never bothered bringing up the subject again.
Grow a pair.

So I've been using Mednafen for a while to play PSX games but I gave XEBRA a try and grew to like it more, the only thing keeping me from switching over to it fully is the lack of screenshot feature… Do you think the devs would care enough about a feature request from a non-nip?

Nestopia, FCE and Mesen all have identical lag in RA.

As far as I know, no there isn't. Drivers aren't as easy to do, if at all because of how the Driver Model works in 9x. Bluetooth for instance, is impossible to do because of how things work under the hood.

what game?

>sift through countless amounts of random forum posts to understand the jargon, acronym soup, and necessary files behind getting 3DS games running in Citra legarry
Fuck, 3DS emulation was a bitch to set up but I can rest easy now knowing there's a healthy backlog waiting for me when more games are ironed out.

Which one is a good sness emulator for psp?

apparently DQXI runs on Citra
taken from disagreement

how to emulate nintendo labo?

ask your local hobo

When you get down to it, Nintendo Labo is an emulator for imagination. Get a cardboard box and play pretend with a child that you give a shit about, if there are any.

Get some bananabox dingo

just finished james bond nightfire and everything or nothing on dolphin. I'm really lazy, can someone tell me how to do game-specific overrides because there's no gui for that, and fuck changing the settings everytime I play a different game

Alright, I've never emulated an N64 before. What's the best emulator for it that I should use? Since I'm getting mixed opinions coming from jewgle.

whatever you pick, your results won't be very good especially if you're playing anything but mario 64 and oot. as far as i know, mario 64 still doesn't emulate correctly. mupen64plus is the current go-to, but that doesn't mean what doesn't work there won't work on pj64 and vice versa.

Damn. How well does OOT runs on Mupen?

m64p.github.io/
github.com/ata4/angrylion-rdp-plus/releases
Angrylion has multicore support in a mupen64 build and project64 now.

I remember some time ago that there was some kind of plugin that let you bind the movements to the analog stick of an xbox controller, so you could control the sword slash with those bindings. Unfortunately I can't find it and I'm too lazy too google right now.

But, why? Why do you want to play that piece of shit? The game is horrendous and I have very low standards when it comes to games. If you still insist, grab a lot of patience, you are going to need it

mupen64 or if you want a shit-fiesta with plugins go for project

quite good actually

not entirely true. i use project64 and emulate the followng games without any issues at all:
oot, majora's mask, tony hawk pro skater 2, mischef makers, turok, jet force jemini, perfect dark, goldeneye, pokemon stadium, mario kart, mortal kombat, bomberman, star wars: rogue squadron and shadow of the empire, pokemon snap, and starfox.
only issue i've encountered at all is in majora's mask, when you do the sword spin with magic you sometimes get an fps drop and when you do the deku scrub moving spin you also get an fps drop, but this only happens occasionally and only in those two instances.

So where can I find OOT 1.1? Most of the download links are to 1.2 instead.

get a goodset
emuparadise forums should have those

cmon now

I have been using Project64 for several years and never had to look elsewhere.

Can't seem to find the N64 Goodset but found a pack of roms online. Unfortunately they didn't list the version of OOT. I've a feeling that it's probably going to be vers 1.2 since that's the only one available online

lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=n64 goodset

It literally took me one jewtube video to get everything running, the BIOS or whatever system files Citra needs were linked in the comments with instructions on where to put them. How retarded are you?

Are you the user from the PSP thread? Snes9X is your only viable option dude, otherwise emulate SNES on GBA on PSP.

Project64 2.3 or Mupen64++, both work out of the box and the latter supposedly has some more game fixes:
sm64hacks.com/thread-121.html

I found 1.0 on TPB remove dashes
2ca-26bc-7bb3f-8d7bad74b-471af14-8d9b-8628403-e

Why the fuck can't i find a single website that has a Mystery Dungeon game?

romhustler.net/
just be sure to have adblock on before you go there.

LoveROMs

firedrop.com/87a71003d5816c03
i haven't played this version yet, just searched for 'ocarina 1.1 rom' and it was linked to in the second result (on duckduckgo, not google).

Recently Nintendo did a purge of a bunch of older games on rom sites, of course they didn't get everything but I remember a slight stir about it at the time. It just takes more effort to find them now.

There's always torrents

Of course I'm just explaining that Nintendo tried to make it marginally harder to find roms if you're just using the some of the more generic spyware filled sites.

Dear lord i just want to play Explorers of Sky and get bukakked in nostalgia, stop blue balling my heart Nintendo.

Most of the links there require me to download the whole set instead of torrenting them to check whether or not they're 1.1

The link is 1.0 though. I'll probably just start with 1.0 then since 1.1 is so damn hard to find.

nicoblog.org/nds-roms/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-of-sky-usa/

here you go, this works for sure as i just downloaded it from the first mirror they gave.

the link i gave you was directly to a 1.0 rom, i downloaded it just now and it works fine. donno where to find 1.1 tho, it's been difficult as you've pointed out. sorry m8.

>>>/suicide/

Turns out XEBRA supports video plugins, but I can't get a single one to work. Anybody tried that before?

I just want an xbox emulator already so I can play Ninja Gaiden Black and some other shit I missed out on to be honest family.

Emulate PS3/Vita version?
psvep.com/

Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't stable for the PS3 emulator yet.

Emulatan Breath of the Wild on Cemu, it works pretty well but the framerate drops in combat and any sort of action are bad. There's also something fucky going on with the simulation speed, menus and dungeons seem extremely sped up.

Yeah, you need to change some setting I don't recall but it works fine.

>psvep.com/
gas yourself

kill yourself nigger

its also the inferior version of the game. play ninja gaiden black or don't play anything.

Finally got MXAO and FXAA to work for this game, gotta use them because the game has shit tier AA by default and no Ambient Occlusion at all so the MXAO came in very handy to make it not look like complete shit.

Use cemuhook and enable and the RDTSC and gx2@drawdone() experimental options or a lot of stuff will keep breaking in the background (NPCs freeze in the distance for example)

also try using the fps++ pack to fix the speed up menus, it helps a lot even if you are using a toaster

Only nazis pirate old video gams

Enabled, the fps is still just between 20 and 27 at 1440p when idling in the blue fishman village. 2500K and GTX 1070, is my CPU too shit?
I don't have that, should that be found under the graphic packs?

wheredoyouthinkyouare.webm

The game is supposed to run at 30FPS and towns/villages are the most intensive areas in it.

I know, still it feels very bad and action sequences are almost unplayable, it drops to 15 and worse. For example on my way to this village i fought some sort of electricity wizard fairy faggot who kept teleporting around, i couldn't even aim because of the amount of stuttering.

Ah man that's beautiful.

Fps++ is a graphic pack that only works with Cemuhook, i'll assume you know how install and activate them so i'll just provide the link

this is the last version of fps++ and only works on the game versions 1.4.0 & 1.4.1

cdn.disagreementapp.com/attachments/292707796175290369/388638220436504576/BoTW_FPS_for_v1.4.0.7z

Alternatively you can make a profile for Cemu under the Nvidia Control Panel settings and set the refresh rate to half which makes Cemu never exceed 30fps even on menus and was the old way to deal with this problem

it is my friend, thanks

So we're the only ones with good taste?

thanks fucking word filter, i didn't know "disco‌rd" was filtered to "disagreement"

anyway here is an actually working link (i hope)

my.mixtape.moe/kbdsxg.7z

you have to back

Is this supposed to be an insult?

No money no game fuckin gpirates, keep on playing with your shitty filters.

I'm going to enjoy every single classic nintendo has, and I won't pay a single cent for them. How does that make you feel?

Meant for

WHy is that when I run Demento/Haunting Ground, Fiona randomly turns into a nigger?

Using OpenGL?

That sounds hillarious,do you have a image?

I turned my 2nd monitor vertically to try Desmume retroarch and it works great. So well in fact I tried other cores in vertical and I have to say I'm kind of liking it.

Parallel with angrylion

this is really nice.

What the fuck have you got against gams? They are majestic animals.

Is the transfer pak completely emulated?

Thanks man.

No. The Game Boy Tower doesn't work, paisano.
forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=2449
raphnet.net/programmation/mupen64plus-input-raphnetraw/index_en.php

So, there seems to be a new saturn emulator on the rise actually old
uoyabause.org/
is it better than mednafen saturn emulation?

Ah man that's beautiful

Not accuracy wise
Performance wise its probably better because of hardware acceleration. Haven't done any extensive testing in that respect myself.

It's still yabause at heart so don't expect too much but there's some actual work put in it so it's nowhere near as bad as the old one, definitely the best choice if you're playing on a phone/tablet that's not saying much but still.
Mednafen is gonna be far slower but more accurate
No saturn emulator is currently that great especially if you're not using a somewhat fast desktop PC.

No. Mednafen/SSF > A penis > Yabause.

Wasnt even interested in pokeymans but guess its still a dud.

Freedom Unite on PPSSPP and Zero collection on desmume

AA-Color on ppsspp, scanlines/CRT on everything else.

Super metroid has Project base and two hacks based on it, Hyper Metroid and Chozo Temple, all 3 are worth of checking out.

Guess I'll have to find something else to do tonight.

if you're too stupid to click the right download link on the rom sites then maybe you should kill yourself.

What's a good way to hook up their computer to a crt? Sprite games don't look correct on my normal monitor, and it didn't work when I tried using an adaptor last year.

You should give up on emulating if you can't even find a download site on the internet.

You need a transcoder not a converter as they will fuck up the image/refresh rate/resolution etc. You also need CRT Emudriver installed.

Find a crt monitor and plug it in. And run at native res, Are you fucking retarded?

Are you fucking retarded?

is there a list of which emulators aren't shit? specifically thinking about DS and 3DS, lot of games i havent played.

All DS emulators are shit
Only one 3ds emulator is worth using.

for some reason I like the overlay above and below the screen.

what's wrong with the desmume core? Aside from the fact that the mouse capture is way off.

For DS use Desmume or Drastic with android emulator.
Latter option is faster then former.
For 3DS only Citra is worth using, but setting it up is complete pain in ass.

thanks guy

God dammit.

Post your faces when man will colonize Mars before inventing a working PS2 emulator.

But PCSX2 just works. :^)
I really wish it wouldn't be fucking plugin-based emulator though.

Trying to play Parasite Eve but it's stuck on the title screen, it responds to X/O/Δ/□ but not the directional keys so I can't choose a new game. Any ideas?

Are you sure that you have set correct input settings?

nintendo really knew how to spark that wonderful flame.

I just tried changing "Virtual Dualshock" to "Digital Controller" and that did the trick, thanks.

video games

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo

stop being a trumper and buy real hardware you fucking kek

your thread sucks.

Get an older GPU with SDTV-out, install it in a spare PCIe slot, and plug in the SDTV in via composite. Image and color quality will be terrible unless you're lucky enough to own a luxury aperture grille set or a production-grade PVM/BVM, but motion performance, interlacing, and composite artifacts will be perfect.

This, honestly. If you aren't a total autist dedicated to exactly reproducing all the flaws of TV screens (note that artifacts like composite color can be reproduced perfectly using filters, and the PS2 is the only system I'm aware of that used true interlaced output), nothing beats a PC CRT for gaming.

I know this is on page 13 but i hope somebody will help me.
I'm playing Twisted metal 2 on the epsxe 2.0.5, the game works fine enough but there is no music aside from the main menu. Is there something that i am not aware of, some setting to use in the emulator? Please help.

Get better PSX emulator.

Like?

Mednafen or PCSXR-PGXP

though its probably the dumps you got from emuparadise that are causing the problem.