Earthbound / Mother

Starting to play through the fan translation of Mother 3. Talk about the games, post romhacks, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/3374/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope you already beat the first two Earthbounds, niggerfaggot.

Fuck kumatora tenderly.

Kumatora is pretty good, but everyone secretly wants Paula or Hinawa.

She's a hard dyke.

Oh look its THE GAY COMMUNITY again
Fugg off child

She lusts for dick just like her dads

Daily reminder, that spiritual successor COMING SOON is never ever.

I heard they got smacked with some sort of something that wasn't exactly a DMCA or CEASE AND DESIST, but was enough to get them to abandon the Mother part of the title. I haven't looked into myself at all, but here I go right now on the google machine to find out.

It was fear of DMCA and CnD over using Mother title, so they decided to come as "original work inspired by Mother series".
Also they also got jew music composer who tried to take over the project by not allowing them using his tracks, but shit sorted out. Or something like that, i'm asspulling it seems.

Fuck.
I hope the game comes out soon regardless. It looked like it was made with lot of love and autism.

I was ok with them going Mother 4 for a name, since Itoi said on an interview that he had no plans on making another Mother game, but he would like to see fans making it, or something like that

check out the soundtrack, so far i'm liking battle with a familiar foe

I was listening to the old games OST, but might as well listen to this other one.

Is this the full soundtrack or what.
Neat.

The Mecha Drago was a pretty big casual filter. Had to farm beef jerky.

did you use buffs

Yeah

Sold the rights to some vidya music kike label,
will never be on M4

So why in game when she had to dress up as a woman and act feminine and change her name to ヨシコシ does she act disgusted and offended by it afterward?

Why is she so adorable?

They couldn't actually harass Itoi or Nintendo hard enough to get a legal paper to wave around for publicity so they lied that they did and rebranded, I'm pretty sure the project is falling apart

She's one of those girls who firmly believes she's a dyke, but finds her femminity later on.

I'm sure its just the dyke whale aesthetic they wanted to begin with.

Westerners are pretty afraid to draw shotas.

Hope you're playing on real hardware. Emulators can fuck with certain mechanics.

She is just straight up raping Lucas.

Or maybe most people are just not pedophiles

なるほど。

Princess "Hold him down tighter, he's a fighter" Kumatora

Proof?

not him, but I had problems nailing the timing on rhtthm combos

It's more an issue on lousy hardware/emulators. Make sure to fix internal speeds on the emulator if you're playing mother 3 and speed up/slow down can desync the music from the actual "metronome" keeping track of the battle.

Make sure fps is set to native 59.7 instead of 60.

Why the hell are they drawing lewd pictures of children then?

Lucas, Ness, and Ninten are self insert characters main character wise. "Straight Shota" is usually the person wishing they were the boy from my understanding as well. Or at least that is how some people I've seen justify it. No comment if it is a girl who is getting off on the picture.

So what this means is some guys wanted to be taken advantage of as a kid. Granted "hot for teacher" is a pretty common thing I guess what with all of the examples of it in society so it might not just be that.

Personally I'm annoyed by Lucas + Kumatora cause the way I saw it the game gives more of a Duster + Kumatora and Lucas is just the kid they are baby sitting.

fuck you for reminding me about Mother 4
now i have to be sad about it never coming out AGAIN

Hi there, idea guy who tried making Mother numbered sequel 4 inserting himself as the main guy.

Am I doing something wrong? Besides playing the third game before finishing the first two?

Did they ever get around to fixing the issue with mother 3 where you can't properly use the rhythm battle mechanic?

You're not, but then you'll start to understand why japs liked it less when you realize how linear it actually is for an rpg.

Even then, it's still possible to do up to 16, right? I was playing with Retroarch and I thought it was alright, though I don't get it every time. It depends on the battle.

Anyways, I just finished Mother 3 after playing through all three games. Honestly, it felt really satisfying starting from the first game to the last game with all of its callbacks and the final screen at its end. Really satisfying. What hacks would you recommend?

The first two Mother games felt like the plot was an excuse in favor of the game at least until the end, because you're main objective is two find pieces of a melody, while Mother 3 has a clear exciting story from the beginning. That said, I loved Mother 3's story, but I prefer the gameplay of Earthbound, maybe because the rhythm battle mechanic makes battle inconsistent.

I'm a failure.
Is anyone else only able to upload one file?

You could try the Mother hacks with the Easy Ring.

The original Mother sucks ass. The sequel is basically a perfection of the formula that they envisioned from the beginning.

The only Earthbound game i've ever completed all the way through is Mother 3, but holy shit was it fantastic. That fucking ending, though…

Best taste.

Fassad was harder.

Literal faggotry.

Mother 3 is the best in the series so that's no suprise.

i think the earthbound games are absolutely boring as fuck

I pity you.

You're probably wandering into areas that you're not supposed to be in yet, a lot of the difficulty of mother 1 comes from not knowing the map and what the next objective is. That said, with the easy ring you should be able to brute force your way through encounters until you meet some of the later enemies.

Is there more good art? Lewd or not lewd?

Mother was officially rereleased as "EarthBound Beginnings" and the bootleg version floating around back in the day was known as "EarthBound Zero", he's not totally wrong. If NOA ever decided to localize Mother 3 they probably would brand it EarthBound 2.

Tell me about the Commander! Why does he wear the mask?

Good time to post this I guess.

romhacking.net/translations/3374/

Mother 3 Mod: Claus’s Journey

Mother 3: Claus’s Journey, is a hack that switches the roles of main characters Lucas and Claus, making Claus into the main protagonist, which greatly changes the story due to Claus’s drastically different personality compared to Lucas. Much of the text and story is altered to better showcase Claus’s personality and thoughts, as well as how others react to him.

There are also 3 versions of the hack, but the story remains the same between them, and the only changes are to the PSI that Claus and Kumatora learn in the game. As for the differences between all 3 versions, those are detailed in the README.

Earthbounds colored pencil concept art is so good, shame it's not available in high-res

That's interesting, if autistic. I guess I'm due for a playthrough, I think it's been half a decade since I did one.

I really need to finish Mother 3, I played until the part you drop on a sunflower field and lost the saves. Now I'm too lazy to start the game and do everything again.
Was I too far from the ending?

Loos like something out of nickelodeon.

Autistic as fuck I agree but the only worthwhile mother 3 hack I've seen so far. Gonna try it with the hard mode.

You didn't even get to the needles.

are there fan translation for mother 1 and 2?

They should be advertised on the Mother 3 fan translation site.

Why in the goddamn fuck did they have to call it "Mother 4" to begin with? I'm guessing they thought it'd be good for publicity, but a lot of good that did them.

Wew.

It obviously did them a lot of good because you wouldn't be whining about it in this thread otherwise.

Its still called Mother 4 though.

I'm guessing people often complain it should've been called something else in these threads. I don't actually give a fuck what they call it, I just think it was a dumb move on their part since otherwise they wouldn't have been threatened with legal action like says.

I think they're rebranding so that they can sell it

What makes you think that?

I hate that Mother 4 exists.

Just another symptom of the current generation's mentality that you can get away with wholesale ripoffs and rebrand them with the idea that they're "spiritual successors".

This generation is going to be known as one of the worst for media ever.

You're correct.

Something Shame Mesa said on Twitter hinted towards it I think. Too bad he nuked all posts before November

MOTHER 4 WHEN

No. Mother 3 has a better story. If Mother 3 had an open world like Earthbound instead of chapter based it would be better in every way