What are some games that feel like a Tokusatsu? They don't necessarily need to be based on an existing toku

What are some games that feel like a Tokusatsu? They don't necessarily need to be based on an existing toku.

Who's writing Build? It feels like a really good phase 1 Kamen Rider.

Also, getting Wonderful 101 out of the way.

God Hand oddly enough.

Pepsiman.

Also i hope you played Super Climax Heroes already for wii.

For PSP there are few noteworthy titles:
Heroes' VS
Great Battle Fullblast
Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2
Lost Heroes (dungeon crawler with gundams, ultramans and kamen rider characters)

PS4 has Kamen Rider: Battride War, but its musou shit.

Honorable mention - Battle Dodge Ball III

yep, played all those. Any word on how Climax Fighters is?
>that mixed feel when Amazons didn't make the cut but Black did

no idea but I'm liking the trend of good Riders we're getting. Seemed like things were going downhill with Drive and Ghost, but they brought it back real quick.

For fuck sake, Build is so good so far. I shouldn't have left before Ex-Aid

On another note, Kyuranger is also really good. All sentai after Kyoryuger were mediocre to complete trash…

I leave and things start to get good again, fuck this shit

Have you watched Ex-Aid or Amazons yet?

Gaim had his own musou game more or less. The real sad thing is that he'll never be in the old Climax games.

I got around 10 episodes of Ex-Aid, it was definetely better than Drive and Ghost, but still had some problems. I don't plan to go back on it… I don't have time anymore to watch 40 episodes.

Meanwhile I have to catch up with both Kyuranger and Build. I have around 30 episodes of Kyuranger and 6 of Build… I'm trying to watch at least one per day, but at this hate it will take months to catch up again. Fuck… why did I leave again? Oh right… Ghost…

Gaim was way better than it had any right to be. Kamen Rider is at it's best when it is plot driven and it's not being hold back by the "monster of the week" formula.

No thanks.

Did you get to the shitty Christmas episode? I absolutely hated Ex-Aid but towards the second half of that episode the show gets in gear and doesn't quit. Missing out on this nigger right here would be a huge sin my friend. He's probably one of the best riders in the entire series and has an awesome suit actor.

same, though as far as musou goes the last Kamen Rider one didn't look awful. Still, a musous a musou.

It's not that I don't want to, but I don't have time to watch Ex-Aid. Maybe after I catch up with the current toku I could go back.

I stopped around the time that rider who turns into a bike (really, who thought this was a good idea?) got a human form.

The show definetely had some flaws but have in mind that I was going into it after Ghost… Ghost might be the worst Rider I ever watched, it was worse than fucking Wizard.

Ex-Aid having multiple riders gave room to some cool character dynamics and cool stories , but it was still being hold back by the fucking Monster of the Week formula. This formula is complete trash and should be reserved to Super Sentai.

yeh, at some point in the future revisit it. It breaks that formula pretty quickly after that Christmas episode(which will make you cringe like hell) and takes it into a neat direction that's similar to Gaim in a way. Probably going to be a small step down from Build though unless the second half of Build shits the bed but let's hope that doesn't happen. It's so good so far.

I hope build doesn't fall apart, It usually happens with a lot of riders.

Best things about Build:

The net idol girl is cringy as fuck tough…

I don't know. Usually when a Rider is bad it already starts bad.

especially when they have this strong of a start.

again, have you watched Amazons?

Kiva and Drive had pretty strong starts but fizzled. Blade's a weird case where it was shit all the way till the last episode where that "twist" happened and their power of friendship fell to reality causing an apocalypse the riders had to desperately fight against.

All I want is an actual pepsiman game with a love interest that's also dressed in full spandex.

that's the dream

HENSHIN A GO-GO, BABY!

Sorry. I haven't.

You think so? I thought drive had a terrible start, complete monster of the week formula with boring characters. To me it only picked up halfway when they started going deeper in the villains storyline.

I haven't watched anything pre OOO

what are you, some kind of MLP fan?

Foruze seemed pretty chill and gave me some Gurren Lagann vibes, I should get back to it some day but these types of shows drag on a little sometimes

oh buddy, you are doing this all wrong and missing out on some great stuff. You have only experienced kiddy Kamen Rider (which can still be pretty good).

Phase 1 Heisei: Kuuga-Decade
Phase 2 Heisei: W-Current
Amazons:
Kamen Rider geared towards adults who grew up with phase 1 and Showa.

If I'm not mistaken Fourze had the same writer. Fourze was one I thought I'd hate the most and ended up being one of my favorites.

I wouldn't mind the toy ad if it didn't get in the way of the show. Writers have to constantly rewrite stuff to include new toys or simply by marketing demand.

For example… the riders can't have a final form in the last episode anymore because it doesn't leave enough time for the kids to buy the final form toys. That's why all riders after OOO had their overpowered final forms show up around the 40 episodes mark.

Amazons is one of the best recent riders to date, even with a weak season 2. It's shorter than your usual rider, so you don't have to deal with the high amount of episodes (26 in total compared to ~50)

If it was up to me I would watch all of them, but each Kamen Rider and Super Sentai is 50 episodes long and most of that is filler garbage. I can't really put up with these shows if I'm not following it weekly, and I only started to follow around the OOO/Gokaiger phase

Gonna give Amazons a shot… I think it's only 13 episodes anyway.

Me too. He had the ugliest swit, the ugliest belt, the worst premise, and the whole "protagonist who wants to be friends with everyone" gave up too much of a toddlers show vibe.

But in the end Fourze was pure and unrestricted fun.

that's where the good writers are separated from the bad. The good ones make you forget it's a toy commercial, the bad ones will take 20 or so episodes in the beginning to advertise the toys before the actual story starts.

For as weak as season 2 was at times, I really appreciated the main character and his struggles.

I didn't really like the main character, I would have preferred to either drop him or drop the other characters from the last season to really build him up as an actual main character.

shit man, a part of me wants to say you should save Amazons till you experience some phase 1 as it captures all the best aspects of the best series. Also, Phase 1 handled filler much better than Phase 2 as it was more story focused, still, if you're bent on it watch Amazons first and if you want more Riders like it go back and watch Agito, Ryuki(which Gaim took a big note from), Faiz, and Den-O for feels out the ass. I'd stay away from Kuuga if you hate the formulaic structure. Also, that's assuming you ever find the time and need something to chill out and watch till the next Build.

you know what would work great for including toys? a wrestling theme, if it hasn't been tried already
you can justify a new toy as in universe corporate meddling instead of real life corporate meddling

Big Spoilers
I think that's why I liked Chihiro in season 2 so much. He was something very different to Kamen Rider and the twist of him not actually being the main character was neat.

also, seeing a Kamen Rider driven to desperation and killing people to save something important to them has never been done before to my knowledge(which is a bit rusty).

david hayter was in the movie in second pic

eyup, long before he cucked out. Guyver 2 is one of those B movies that makes you see all the potential in what could have been mature western toku.

then again, seeing how shit every other form of western media has become maybe it's best that it didn't take off.

Toei dos have a wrestling show. They brought back Tiger Mask last year and it follows the exact same formula as their tokusatsu. They even include real life wrestlers in it to promote them.

The theme track was pretty cool too.

agreed.

Too bad no one played it.

If nothing else I'm glad it gives me a reason to hold onto my paperweight of a Wii U.

It's a shame how the anime only got good in the last few episodes. There's a world of difference between that garbage "which is the real dojo" episode and the final four matches

I want to fuck that corporate logo.

Zettai Hero Project: Unlosing Ranger VS DarkDeath Evilman
The game is all about heroics and full of references to animes or toku

Probably some circus tycoon.

Oh yea, its PSP only but im pretty sure PPSSPP runs psp games better than actual psp by now

I actually own that game still in the wrap. I just never got around to playing it but love that it came over here.

Okay, how did they fuck it up?

that weird table/bed japs use?

You can just do JP voices, translations is not as bad as they usually do them. Game itself is good enough that it doesnt ruin it

I also forgot to mention this VN, but a visual novel may not be what you are looking for in this thread. I have yet to go through it though.
polite sage because VN ≠ game

There is this game called Galactic Armor Warframe. Looks like power rangers in space.
It's free, but it's available only in China.
Maybe you can play it with proxy though.

Trailers look awesome. I wish there was english server or something.
Sage for double post.

Very funny. The chink servers shut down anyway I think.

I don't think they did.

Does Warframe count? It's got Guyver-esque suits and ridiculous aerial kung-fu.
There's also this.

Tenno, I…

They are actually suits in chinese version.

God fucking damn it. I never gave a shit about the Chinese exclusive content but this pisses me off. I guess they knew no country that wasn't infested with retarda wouldn't accept Space Spuds.

Warframe doesn't count because unlike a toku show, you never get to see the suit's operators. The characterization is essential.

But you do.

Would be nice if I could dream up some decent threads on demand.

Dropped.

Amazons has that.

If nothing else at least Ghost had that decent Ichigo movie that would have been better without him.

The main suit was cool, but the forms for it ranged from mediocre-bad, the belt sounds were decent, and I liked the theme song, but as far as riders went, Ghost may be the worst.

My low-end phone could run the game perfectly on PPSSPP for Android.