Utterly cancerous parts of otherwise goodx games

I thought Parasite Eve was a game with an interesting setting and fun mechanics especially for a Square RPG.

However the Chrysler Building is the same 5 or so copypasted rooms with in a randomly generated configuration with one way up and one room of loot per floor. What type of spod are you to enjoy roaming this type of maze fighting random battles, especially given Aya's notoriously slow movement? Oh once you go in you have to go up in 10s or you are backtracking through those floos to take the stairs because you only get the lift key AFTER the boss so you can only use the lift to revisit floors, which now have no enemies.

It's post-game content; not exactly held up to the same standards as the main story. Now granted, it's not the best post-game in existence.
To contribute, the platforming sections in Turok. Never died in combat outside the last level, always to those damn pillars and bottomless pits.

I strongly value "post game content" the only other option in PE is to replay the story again complete with unskippable FMVs and talking with gear that will steamroll everything.

Personally I'd put any FPS platforming section ITT as they are all unmitigated shit.

Ghoul chase in M&M dark messiah is pretty cool if it counts as FPS platforming. Though they used revolutionary technology of showing your feet when you look down.

The only "good" content in the building was the high end gear you could get, unless you got killed by the 2HK monster in a box.

True in general, but Turok deserves a special mention because of its lives system.

The platforming sections are also typically long, unforgiving of any slip-up, and requiring fairly tight jumps. Again, combat is baby-tier in comparison.

The part when they let your drive the train.

The temple of the ocean king

My what drive the train?
You never drive a train in the game.

the whole game

The trick to Turok was to jump right as soon as you started falling. Never had any trouble with it after discovering that.

Thieve's Guild
Bonehoard
Ruined Cathedral

Man, there is a lot of shit in Thief, to the point it kills my interest in playing it.

My bad I got it mixed up, I responded to good parts in utterly cancerous games.

Chateu Irenicus is such a fucking chore to do.

Oh boy i have a game for the subject. Game could be 10/10 if not for complete change of ideological and lore standpoint during whole Arx city segment, which was poorly designed and made to pander SJWs with black lesbian paladins and shit.

I'd say any tutorial level in any RPG.
Oblivion, Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2 and so on so forth.
Tutorial levels suck.

Jesus christ this fucking level, everything else in the game was great but come on, the enemy placement here.

Turok probably has the most forgiving FPS platforming of all time if you turn on the minimap. You just line up the ^ with the circles.

Oh fuck. Oh god.

Fuck sewer levels.

I really liked Turok when I was younger specifically BECAUSE of that convoluted life/item system, dying had real consequences that made a portion of the game harder until you brought yourself back up from that and got your gear/powerups back. Dying felt like a real punishment for fucking up and made me play what was a somewhat fastpaced shooter fairly carefully and added a unique feel I get in fairly few games.
If that makes sense.

Weirdly enough the depths and blighttown in dark souls are alright. Even though it's technically just two big sewer levels.

I just liked it because I got to hear him yell "I AM TUROK".

technically, one's a sewer level, the other is the drainage pit.

Oh, I like this system too, it sets it apart from other FPSes and gives it sort of a survival vibe. I just wish the challenge came from the enemies and only from them.

I never had any problems or frustrations using that thing, I don't think i'll every understand the complaints. Is complaining about it just a meme?

all ME games sucked

it controls like the trucks in big rigs, it's impossible to flip, and it has no upgrade path so it's ranges from stupidly OP to airsoft. The first time I drove it I thought it was amusing that it controlled like distilled shit but the novelty wore off very quickly. Especially when you realize there's a quintillion side missions and every fucking one of them involves the mako in one way or another.

The part in Disgaea where you have to grind in order to progress in the game

Ok, Megaman Battle Network 4. Uncontested as the worst part of the series, but each part of it is what made it infuriating.

just lift an enemy

lifting won't help much when you're dealing 0 damage

then use poison, if you're up against a boss

what a shitty fucking game

Always and forever, the Tsar Runner, for the simple fact that its fight drags on for a ridiculous amount of time spent popping out of your van to shoot it in the face in a chase scene that should be hype as fuck, and instead just devolves into this horrible slog.

You shouldn't be able to take the idea of being chased by this thing and make it goddamn boring, for fuck's sake.

hidden valley

The only on-rails section I enjoyed was the agricultural plant. I liked the game for what it was, but the car sections, gas trap, and the gorilla blockade always put me off of replaying it. DANNY BOYYY A FREAKIN STAR MAN

The only shitty part in Max Payne was the start of chapter 2 where you had to stealth past the guards or try to get lucky and kill all of them fast enough with what little bullet time you have.

the forced wolf scenes in twilight princess bring down the whole game
when you finally get the ability to transform at will it gets really fun though

crystler building was the beta for island closest to hell or whatever its called. Its just meant to be a diet coke endless dungeon run for an optional superboss.

The stealth segment in Jedi Outcast.

Ark
great game but the whole UI is shit
i just want to craft simple items why do i have to jump through several screens to accomplish such simple tasks?

It wouldn't have even been that bad or out of place if it had been on placed the first couple of levels before you're back on the force juice, but no, they stuck it in the last third of the game, well after the point where you'd be able to gleefully chainsaw your way through an entire star port full of stormtroopers

Having a sense of where your body is certainly improves things.

Doesn't that sequence contain the majority of the game's QTEs too? There weren't many and the few that did get in felt like they were there out of obligation but they still annoyed me.

I liked the nightmare scenes though they're one of the few things MP2 did better.

Ninja Spirit is a wonderful action platformer that completely shits the bed on its final stage. Up until this point it's a very fair game. But just before the final boss you have to jump into a pit with wave after wave of ninjas flying up at you as you fall. In one of the most awful examples of rote memorization you have to figure out and commit to memory a precise pathway through these obstacles, a hit from any one of them killing you and sending you back to try again.

This entire planet.

realm*

I saw this shit on GCCX and was absolutely appalled at how the game expects the player to just grind through such a horseshit trial-and-error session just to face the final boss. Were they worried that the last fight would be too easy if you were allowed to retry it over and over again in quick succession?

Lost Izalith in DS1 (dragon butts, eye cancer, clearly unfinished parts and a terrible boss)

Agreed, I loved the oblivion realms.

I especially loved how they were so open. You could clearly see the intended paths, but with a little creativity and the right spells you could sequence break the hell out of them. Plus they were the most rewarding content in the game with Sigil Stones providing the best enchants.

The last third of system shock two.

Persona 5.
They made their own mechanics near pointless for no fucking reason.

You can do that anyway once you reach the bottom of the shaft. The final checkpoint is at the boss itself. I'm pretty sure that bitch Arino played the TG-16 port with the life bar. In the arcade version it's one-hit deaths and getting sent back to the top of the chasm.

I think it only behaved really badly on consoles. I played on pc and had no problem with it either.

Sheesh user, he's just an ageing comedian, not a seasoned gaymer.

Aegis Cave in PMD2. Hope you like going through each section of the duneon upwards of seven times in a row looking for the right drops to progress, because otherwise you can go fuck yourself and not finish the story.

I heard a lot of people with a similar problem, although I guess I was one of the lucky ones not to suffer through it since I leveled my skills all over the place.

Witcher 3's length for me. I thought the game was pretty good but it felt like they thought the game needed to be at least 100 hours and the main story drags on for unnecessarily long

xen in half life was pretty fun

You shave yourself every morning with that edge?

He's the equivalent of every other useless youtube attention whore, you only think he gets to be an exception because you are a weeaboo.

What a complete and utter faggot you are.

It handles like a really agile tank (albeit with a wider turning radius) with absurdly good torque at all speeds rather than like a car, so casuals hated it because it was unexpected. Personally I found it to be one of the most nimble and fun vehicles I've driven in a video game.

System shock 1 wiring puzzles
System shock 1 music

The level right after getting the lightsaber in Jedi Outcast, you finally get a really fun close range weapon that you're excited about using, you get to slice up some motherfuckers in a bar, and then you're immediately thrust into a long platforming section with snipers who you have to counter-snipe or get instantaneously killed.

He's right though, it's the same thing with Ulililia or whatever his name was. "E-celeb worship is ok when we do it."

Worse than the Congo missions in Codename 47, somehow

The hospital in Hotline Miami.

Any strategy game with a forced stealth mission.

The all of it.

Does this have lockbox's yet?
I remember when you used to be able to sell items for real money but they shut that down quickly, because the goyim aren't supposed to make money in the game.

They shut it down because it wasn't making as much money as they hoped so they cut their losses.

I wish that there was a definitive version of Persona 3. One with the added content of FES, but also the 'Direct Commands' of Persona 4. Don't mention P3P to me. Its content was too watered down to fit it within the PSP's capabilities.

Until then, I'll just stick with the FES version and continue indirectly managing the dumb AI of my party members in battle.

What? That was the most fun part of the ME games.