This Day in History, January 2nd

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618463795
moddb.com/mods/sinful-mods-for-enhanced-gameplay-and-flavor/downloads/sinocide1
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908468956
moddb.com/mods/a-new-order
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-a-new-germany.1050529/
sendspace.com/file/xavk8o
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2plus-cprplus-compatibility-patch.1025356/
sendspace.com/file/ys996f
youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3D_E-YsDo
youtube.com/watch?v=P2mRotEdCV4
sendspace.com/file/cqn6oq
sendspace.com/file/qhcojh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Araucanía
mega.nz/#!R9EnkSZa!gWr1oSLrbkkIF-H9IUFjlOhF55toGpptEXLl1zNorHs
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951215306
mega.nz/#!55d13TBQ!QZIgdP89ZBhB7tA3a0YUFPL13imap2ZXzkTAvrGZtgw
mega.nz/#!J5kzWQhS!uQgi_6hj-uEUfFfymK2tFTDKqR9i45q76W8uyW9w4bc
mega.nz/#F!gHx2WbaT!04bEOcHMqGl_0Y4AzzzE1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now this is a proper GSG thread.
Where can i get the newest version ck2+?

Best Paradox game overall if:

1.money/price/amount of DLC is not an object.

2.money/price?amount of DLC does matter

1. CK2
2. Vic 2 or Darkest Hour depending on which era you prefer.

It's actually very easy to get any DLC for a game if you already own it. It's what I did for Stellaris.

Shit meant to say CK2 or HoI3 for that first one.

Anons, when you play vicky 2, what country do you play:
It can be one that has all or one for each.

Serbia, Brunei, and Russia respectively. Interestingly enough, even after all these years I've never played a Paradox game as Germany.

Prussia/Germany
In HPM, usually some small civilized nation (uncivs are too much of a hassle) like Croatia. In CWE, keeping South Africa white or building greater Syria or whatever. Or playing Germany and finishing WW2.
see pic

top jej, do the japanese still try to kick your shit in even if you go for a similar ideology?

how the fuck do u beat the soviets as germany in HOI4? Every time I try to do it i keep getting pushed back and their practically infinite manpower is always a pain in the ass. I usually try and spread fascism in other countries mainly America or France so I don't fight a two front war but the soviets always kick my ass. What am I doing wrong?
Also is buying the DLC for EU4 worth it or no?

555-come-on-now, but I'll be enough of a fag to help you anyway: rush for a war against poland and then the UK, start as soon as you are able, this is to avoid having both france and the brits be massive faggots and guarantee every fucking country in the map. After doing this, france can go suck dicks or you can take them, they are optional at this point, but after your rush start to put a defensive line on the soviet border, the key here is to NOT go on the offensive and instead build as many forts as you can along the border, put some defenses on the coasts to avoid invasions.

When the war breaks out, just bunker down and wait, since the AI is absolutely fucking retarded, it will insist on launching massive assaults on battles it just can't win, then just sit down and relax as the cassualties on the soviet side reach the millions while you remain at 50K at the most. When you notice their reinforcement bars stay at half or lower you begin your push and at that point you're pretty much done. For extra dumbassery, instigate a fascist coup or even a democratic one and start again. HOI4 is a meme game m8, it's pretty easy.

Japan doesn't really mess with China in Victoria 2. I have never seen them taking China clay. In any case that Guangdong is obviously far too big and powerful for AI japan to fuck with.

Will that Russia CWE user please say how to get an early Nationalist Dictatorship again?

I almost want to start over now. Should I just continue on and form NAFTA? Annexing Canada + Mexico Lebensraum would be better though, instead of having Mestizo primary.

Fabricate four wars against easily beaten countries. Give them a white peace at the same time to push pop militancy past 8. Implement Martial Law decision (it is not checked by default). Wait half a year for the popup. Don't do it while you have other wars going on or are in an election.

dude pirate it.
currently have pirated eu4 + all dlc in existence, having a blast playing it. link related.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63384

Well shit.

How did you choose these? Did you release them from your own sphere first? There aren't really that many weak countries outside of a sphere of influence in 1946.

vicky 2

Vicky 2 in both categories.

My country.
Greece.
Spain.

There was one Vicky 2 or HoI3 mod some user was playing where he was basically doing a cold-war era playthrough of the Russian Federation, what was its name?

You can either be ahistorical and declare war on various minor nations with resources before the other countries reach the point in their focus trees where they're allowed to go against you or you could just create the highest level possible of forts near mountainous regions where you believe you're likely going to be attacked and letting the AI suicide its own troops against it; don't worry about the occasional naval invasion, the AI doesn't know how to make coordinated attacks. Another fan-favorite is to set up paratroopers to drop in onto countries, sometimes even parking the units in allies before completing a justification of war and immediately capturing their victory points. HoI4 is just that retarded.

Have they put any espionage in that trainwreck yet, cause if they haven't it is still shit.

New World Order mod for Victoria 2 has a cold war start and 1992 start.

Haven't played HOI4 in a while, and new good timeline or ideology mods since the last few months? I got all I need for EU4. Also CK2 is hard at, need a tutorial

Greece
Transcaucasia into Armenia/Georgia (user's edits)
Serbia or Romania

Victoria 2 or Darkest Hour. Every single nu-Paradox game is trash.

Carlist Spain is very underrated despite being the only proper reactionary country.
Serbia -> Yugoslavia or Greece -> Byzantium. Release Hungary and try to keep all your territory. Release Congress Poland and try to form Greater Poland. Hard mode for all: no alliance with Russia.
Japan is the best unciv. Russia if you just want to mess around and absorb everything. Or Prussia once again, since there is so much Lebensraum to conquer.

Money never matters if you just torrent them.

No, ignore all ✡globalist✡ bullshit. Do your annexations as the USA, not the NAU (which changes primary culture to mestizo, you fucking idiot). Don’t join the WTO, don’t join NAFTA, ANZUS, or any other union. I’ve discovered that the devs of NWO and NWO+CWE are absolutely flaming leftists, by the way. You’ll get a 50 million strong populist revolt in the USA even when you have a populist president and 50% populist in the upper house. When you have populist support at all, you get events that simultaneously increase populist support and give terror attacks in populist areas. Because that’s totally how it works, right? Populists are the real terrorists! They attack their own people because that’s what they want! It’s a fucking garbage mod.

Fuck, forgot this. The thing is, I really like that NWO changes the map to be real (moves the Americas south and adds southern Indian Ocean islands, but hate how it changes all of the provinces around to be totally unrealistic unless you never, EVER change your borders (which, given that they’re leftists, is probably accurate…). The province additions range from unclickably small (and therefore unrealistic) to “you now have a state of 1200 people that gets two senators right alongside california with 30 million people”. NWO+CWE keeps the original map, but adds FAR more government management options (but again is leftist as fuck). I guess these are our only options.

west europe must fall first, use your shitty infantry divisions to gaurd the coast then move the rest of the infantry all on the border of the soviets, take your motorized and tank divisions in seperate groups let your main infantry line advanced forward, use your seperate groups of motorized/tanks to push the soviets faster and encircle them, if your divisions are running out of organization/can't push let them rest and do the same move again untill they brake and you start to truck towards their siberian strongholds, also don't attack so late

NWO is fucking garbage

1.Stellaris
2.Still Stellaris

the typical hoi4 player, everyone.

I've never really pirated anything before and I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this site. I'm tech illiterate when it comes to things like these

Just go to piratebay and search for the latest version of whatever game you want and click on the magnet thing, I don't get why that faggot insists that you have to download from a russian malware site.

My fellow ethiopian kangz, I've literally raped HOI2 and CK2 however what made me quit them was the realization that all you do is blob one way or another.

How do you counter this?

It's probably because I'm just shit at the game but I've seen a lot of people claim that it's really easy to blob in CK2 but normally when I attempt to play such a game my realm tends to implode after a few decades or so.

Once you have the basics of any Paradox game down blobbing is trivially easy. The only way out assuming you want to keep playing them is to set self imposed limits on how you play.

wich realms are you playing at what starting dates?

site isn't malware faggot, and i linked it instead of tpb because tpb has always been late as shit with the updates; for example, it doesn't have the 1.24.1 patch uploaded at all right now, even tho this fixes a few things that 1.24.0 broke.
if you had bothered checking instead of assuming any site linked here besides wellknown trackers is malware you would've known this already, dipshit.

all you do is download the 5 rars for main game, then the rar for 1.24 patch and the rar for 1.24.1 patch. unrar the first of the file maingame rars and it unzips the other 4 into a single installation folder. run the "setup" file and ez done. do same thing with patches, search the thread for specific help.

I just had a thought. Would it be possible to outright block POP conversions in Vicky II between the five species of humanity? Or any other of the games, really. A Somali isn’t going to convert to white_anglo, nor will Portuguese convert to Vietnamese. It’s just not physically possible. But a Bantu could become a Xhosa, and a Lithuanian could become white_anglo. Could that be modeled in the code without having to account for EVERY POP type available? Are the POPs organized by their genetics already? I know there’s a -20% conversion flag for “African cultures”, so theoretically you should be able to organize the other four groups together and write in a -999% conversion chance flag for each of them to any POP culture outside of their own groups… right?

Have you anons pulled off a session where you go so off the rails that the countries/events/history break?

As Poland in HoI3 I beat Germany as a non-allied power. I then pushed soviets far enough back for the bitter peace to occur, causing half of Russia to be given to Germany and my entire army to be stuck in German-occupied Russian land without supplies.

Might have been with one of the mods, can't remember which.

Okay, this is where i need to stop playing stellaris. It doesn't seem this game for a long time can be anything fun except a glorified space cookie clicker, the only fun i was given was by event mods, literally only them kept me engaging in research, leveling up of leaders and inner government drama, even if its all fake.

For what purpose?

To add sexual excitement to overall gameplay and feel better when i lose. Same reason why i play victoria II as sweden.

Obligatory

I am tearing up here

user are you retarded?

Can I pogrom the shit outta undesirables in EU4's M&T?

Dare i ask what's wrong with the russian flag?

Yeah, you can literally kick them out of your country and they can try to bribe you, you will get huge revolts though.

How? Where's the option?

Also by undesirables I mean people from other cultures. Wanna kick/replace all these turks in my anatolian clay.

Oh shit
I must be

NWO's leftist governments in Democracy is meant to represent wealthy kike media promoting leftism as you'd know if you read flavour text.

NWO's dev, simsulla, was right wing and strived hard for realism. Dying white populations and mass shitskin immigration. By 2030 most white GPs would have lost GP status; victory required military expansion and new empire-building. NWO is unfortunately not under active development.

CWE is a lot more leftist but the dev is fairly pliable. He used to make all dictatorships automatically get a corruption modifier; I spoke to him reasonably and with logic and now corruption is based on administrative efficiency instead. Similarly he had autocracies unable to seize control of Internet governance; again I spoke reasonably and convinced him to instead restrict it based on infamy. CWE is not inherently leftist it just got a lot of feedback from leftists and not enough from right-wingers.

Also I find when I include files with proposed changes they are more likely to be accepted since I'm taking care of the work and not just asking for stuff.

Tell him to add an ancap event where you can fracture a country in twenty regions

Except it happens even if you have a traditionalist government, where you lose like 5% traditionalist support every election

He's 56% white.

HEIL ODINN
SAEL ODINN

STOP PLAYING GSGS

you cannot. If you wait abbout for a long time, they'll culture convert, however. Of course, many a time, they won't convert to your culture but some other because of a half-baked mechanic that was never implemented properly

There's a genocide mod for CK2 if you're interested in that game.

Is there some way to track why your heir changes in CK2? My runs in that game have always gone smooth for 100 years and then succession shits itself when my heir keeps changing.

This always happens when I am about to get Primogeniture in the next generation.

Well shit, in any case that happens guess I'll use the console to change it manually
There really should be a genocide option, the lack of one is utter bullshit. I mean t*rks did it, so it's historical :^)

wat mod

Sin's genocide mod.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618463795
moddb.com/mods/sinful-mods-for-enhanced-gameplay-and-flavor/downloads/sinocide1
If I recall correctly the option to commit genocide is only possible during a war. Example: you're a French christian and occupy an Andalusian muslim province, you can genocide the population of said province so the culture and religions become yours. This comes with the consequence of revolts as you'd expect and everyone of said religion and/or culture will have a claim on your realm and a negative opinion modifier. I think the genocide takes around four years.
It also enables "racial purity" laws which means only people of your culture can be on the council or be a regent.

Nevermind, it's also possible during peace time.

Sounds good. I also found this for EU4:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908468956
But it needs some work, badly. IE: only empires at 3 stability can genocide, also it genocides ALL cultures (can't choose to spare provinces of the same culture group). But it works with M&T. Also for some reason the intolerance policy gives you 100% missionary power.

That's way too fucking overpowered. Imagine playing as the Ottoroaches with that mod enabled.

Victoria 2 and Victoria 2, because Piracy exists :^)

I am a huge Greekabo, so I always play as Greece.
But when I don't play Greece, I like to play as Assyria, Persia, some steppe country in Central Asia, Mongolia, Tatarstan, Argentina.
I very rarely and quickly get bored, when I play as a country that has over 1 million primary pops, because those are just too powerful. Or too high literacy, that's why Scandinavia is strong, despite low population.

I just can't bring myself to play as Prussia/France/UK. Too fucking easy, World Domination should be earned.

>playing HOI4

If the mod is similar to other mods, then you do that by having a high militancy.
And

that is a way to do it.

I think your nationalist party needs to be ruling party though, at least that's how it works in other mods.

They don't assimilate anyway, user. Only in the new world and there you can do something like that. All you had to do is to do something like that.

But it's not a big deal anyway, because of the pop promotion assimilation and pop merging, which means they will still "assimilate" in a sense.

Yeah, it's fairly easy to do. For example when you steal Austria, before Germany can take it, they became peaceful.

I don't understand. Why play Stellaris when there is Distant Worlds Universe?
Stellaris sucks fundamentally, because it doesn't have a private sector.

Does CWE still massively reduce pop growth if feminist? If so, then that is good.

pretty sensible desu

What? Other mods don't have a Martial Law decision.

No, but they have coup mechanics, where a radical party in a democracy takes it over, when militancy is very high.
HPM has it and maybe even robmod, but I barely remember that one.

But CWE's martial law decision is not a coup mechanic nor is CWE an HPM or /gsg/vickymod derivative so how would those other completely different mods be relevant? Nothing to do with each other.

Well, I don't know exatly how it works, because I haven't really researched the mod as extensively as HPM and really dug through the events, decisions and common folder like I did with HPM, but it sounds similar so I just wanted to mention that, user.

DH really isn't ready for the player doing something unexpected before WW2 starts

Stellaris is a pain in the ass to play now if you don't want to be a open borders faggot and want to enslave aliens since you can't kill individual pops anymore. It's so fucking retarded why can't I just kill some of the aliens? Why does it need to be all of them or none of them? Also enjoy not being able to remove robot pops unless you go full Butlerian Jihad on them.

From some other lad in the thread, apparently Paracucks got assblasted that multiplayer games went always the enslave-genocide route because it was the most efficient, so they simply made it impossible for you to do so.

The worst part is that they just say it made getting rid of your dissidents too easy. Only problem with that is there is a goddamn ascension tree or whatever it's called that pretty much stops people from deviating from your empire's core values. So the only thing that this change does is make it a huge pain in the ass to enslave aliens as you have to either take all their pops and go colonize fifty new planets for them to work the mines on or just kill all of them and not have any slaves at all because you don't have fifty empty planets to put them all on and they can't work half of the buildings on the planets they are already on because they are slaves. Might as well have removed slavery all together if you are going to just make it impossible to use.

Are there any mods that fix it?

HPM, Sardinia-Piedmont

In other news, Prussia liberated and sphered Banat, but Romania annexed it anyway. The war between them delayed the formation of NGF for a decade or so. The British-American war also kept them busy so they didn't help Austria-Hungary. I had to instead face Belgium, Denmark, and Baden.

Thoughts on Kaiserreich's revamped Italy?

You can't be serious, user

Mostly retarded.
Papal State as a Two Sicilies puppet isn't bad but the Austrian puppet Italy has way too much Austrian support, it should either be a confederal Milanese-Venetian state lorewise or outright divided between the two as puppets. Austria giving them back their fleet and propping up the state beyond the bare minimum is the worst part of the whole thing.

Is it at least an improvement over
?

Did 1.9 come out? Or is this a part of some devblog?

Probably, depends on the details of the Two Sicilies though. I really hope they aren't guided towards Mitteleuropa since the last thing KR needs is a fourway when they still can't get the seperate Entente and Mittleeuropa wars vs the Internationale to work properly in either version.

Socialist Italy should have been in the north the whole time, so that isn't an issue. I wonder how two sicilies will work out here.

nu Paracucks is all about dem focus trees today. Wish there was a competitor that made the game stop being a choose your own adventure book with historical backgrounds.

If the Bologna area is communist then yes it makes sense. What doesn't make sense is how Sardinia is somehow self ruling. No matter the amount of BELIEVABLE WORLDS, I can't take that shit seriously.

Istanbul

That fully automated garbage? You can't even manipulate planets properly, most shit is more efficient when you give ai order to go without you. Its not shit, but way worse than stellaris in terms of control and gameplay.

Progress report on leddit. The entire thing was about the hoi4 version and the DH screenshot was plopped on the end as a teaser to show that they were still working on the DH version.
No, I don't go there, it's just that the KR forum is pretty much dead.

as said, the Savoys are holed up there as part of the legitimate-governments-in-exile club.

Why do muslim Greeks larp as Steppeniggers?

What's with the gommies and making weird ass alt history mods?

Gee, I dunno.

power fantasy and gsg are nieche enough so that women don't know what those/aren't interested in it are and therefore don't get involved in their hobby, meaning it's one of the few male-exclusive hobbies a commie has access to

what happened to that hitler wins ww2 mod some guy was making for victoria 2?

Never 'erd of it, mate. You off your rocks?

no I'm not, I was looking for it an it's this one, sadly now it's for hoi4
moddb.com/mods/a-new-order

Into the trash it goes.

yep, and worst of all it's now just the typical man in the high castle scenario of germany vs japan

I suppose it's (((realistic))) that there would be just a few on the necessity, but you would think the no immigration policy would actually work. Is it because it works in percentages and not a fixed boolean?

I hate that shit. Why can't it ever be something reasonable like
Basically Fatherland without all the ubergrossdeutschland ethnic cleansing everywhere stuff.

Fatherland the mod for DH or the movie?

The mod.

is the mod good?

Yeah, but very biased for the soviets. The germans get cucked hard.

It's good and bad. The effort put in is great but it suffers from some design flaws ( lack of German control/influence on events in Europe, the nonsense following Hitlers death, the resurgent strength of the Soviets ) and an awful vision of trying to guide the outcome towards the setting of a not-1984 mod.

what happens?

I dont know if thats what the user means but for example in my game event was bugged and Germany got new chancellor every few weeks

if Himmler gets in control. The flag itself is enough to commit suicide.

Axis breaks up for no real reason, only to be put back together within a year or two as Germany stabilizes.

Succession crisis breaks out and is fairly reasonable except that the military faction are essentially democratic (everyone seems to Junkers loved democracy for some reason).

The whole order in the East collapses, in particular the Russian zone under military occupation is divided between the Soviets, RK leaders acting like rebellious vassals instead of the jumped-up mayors they really were, and the Banat republic which decides to unilaterally become Russia. There's also a bizarre event chain surrounding RK Ukraine and the SS state in the Crimea, where Himmler usually gets killed by Heydrich as part of a power grab, southern RK Ukraine gets handed to the SS as a new playground and they're pretty much Rohm and the SA 2.0. All of that goes on despite the Volga coalition forces and the fact that even by default most of the Wehrmacht and SS is deployed to the former Soviet territories.

I wish I was smart enough to make mods. I'd even make it for HOI4 since it seems to be the simplest and it fits the time period the most. I'm just bored of seeing all these mods that have one clear victor in WWII, leaving little to no point in playing post 1945. Or everyone literally just ripping the map from Man in the High Castle.

Well illegal inmigration would still happen, apart from things like descendants of europeans in other continents migrating to europe, or legal migrants.

It's ridiculously simple. Spend an hour following a wiki and you'll be able to mod a Paradox game. The real issue is having the patience of a saint, because that shit takes forever – open province in text editor, change owner, open province in text editor, change owner… more than a thousand times over and over if you want to do severe changes to the map, even more so if you want to fiddle around with shit other than just province ownership. That's what it was like in EU4, at least, and I assume HoI4 will be the same. you can't even use a script because while parashitters did index provinces with numbers, they did so seemingly at random, so province 100 and 101 may actually reffer to provinces hundreds of kilometres apart

Are you Spanish?

That’s real life, dipshit.

LOOK FOR THE VICKY II MOD TOOLS. There’s an automated system for that. It works beautifully.

thanks, user, I wasn't aware of that

Descendant of spaniards.

I don't like it. At least I hope Two Sicilies becomes Entente.

How would a bitter peace between Germany and USSR look like?

A bunch of buffer states with a mini-cold war going on?

I take it you didn't play past the tutorial game where the AI literally sits down and waits for you to kill it. There's quite a bit of micromanagement required to win the game if you're even playing on easy outside the tutorial. Stellaris is just as barebones as HoI4 is and its clear that they never actually had any real vision for the game. In fact their only plan left is to turn it into EU4 in space.

DROPPED. This is the fucking mentality that killed modding. Fuck the hoi4 devs for fucking with the lore.

Newbie at Victoria 2, tried Prussia with guidance of Wiki. Tried going with "War with Denmark" -route but could only release Holstein due to insufficient Jingoism to add any wargoals.Did I justify wrong kind of wargoal? Would the jingoism have risen if I'd kept occupying Jutland (I assume I couldn't get to Sjaelland because they had naval superiority) Also my budget stayed on deficit and my factories went bankrupt. I did give upper class zero taxes.

Can I have newbie-fiendly walkthrough on that? Simply Justify on Lorraine state and invade before France can get proper allies? Try to call Britain on Prussia's side? How to fix budget deficit?

A lot of the time I just maintain a line of troops at the French border and kill Russian armies until I have enough warscore to make France give up Elsaß-Lothringen.

Red World might be a meme mod for a meme game but the Bernie Sanders route for the American Commonwealth is one of the coolest things I've seen in a GSG.

I thought commies were betas who want to force 3DPD into everything?

Yeah it's pretty shit, but "id be willing to forgive it if it gives me one thing: let me play as a Fascist Mussolini. I really fucking hate how they made him a communist in this timeline when he had already turned against orthodox socialism, denounced it, created fascism (although it wasn't finished yet), and had violent clashes with orthodox socialists all in 1914 and only continued to work on Fascism after being wounded in action during the war. Even if he decided to try and rejoin with other socialists, either to try to subtlety implement Fascism or just power hungry, he would've just been told to fuck off and wouldn't be welcome in most meetings between lower ranking socialists, let alone become a candidate for leader of the SRI.

Commies like communes, so that they will have to deal less with women in their everyday life and have no direct responsibilities.

syndicalism=/=communism
they're scum all the same, but syndies turned their backs on the commies after their failed revolution in russia

the purple's the best part though
I looked it up and it looks like they can align themselves with Mitteleuropa, the Entente, or Austria

Not after years of total war and 20-30 million dead.

Keep occupying Jutland and Holstein. I think Jingoism slowly increases as long as you are winning the war. If you are running out of money, push tariffs and taxes to max. Due to your low early game tax efficiency, it will hardly matter. You'd probably want to form the North German Federation before going at the French, since it allows you to annex every North German nation. You only need Lotharingen for the German Empire.

Forming the NGF is easy. After taking Holstein, influence Hannover and wait for Britain losing them due to some event. Hannover can be safely sphered afterwards. Saxony is tricky and probably the "Assert Hegemony" casus belli against Austria is your best bet. It takes every German duchy from Austria's influence, including Saxony. Prussia + all the north german minors + some strong great power, preferably Russia should absolutely destroy Austria. Just make sure you don't lose any sphered minor nations, taking them back is a pain.

Whilst I'm liking the idea of a total bitter peace, you could have an element of America still rising above the war-weary Europe, and becoming this antagonistic figure for the continent.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Moresnet
anons hfm edits where are you?

Yes, the total absence of Fascism, especially in Italy is bizzare. Mussolini had a Fascist movement by 1914, there is no way he would be a communist leader in any timeline. Especially not in the one where there is was a far-right wing papist Italy present.

That's real life. Realistically, the US had way bigger economy and manpower, but without Britain, they couldn't do jack shit military-wise. I think a German-American Cold War was bound to happen with a more openly leftist and zionist USA. Space race and all that stuff. Would the Holocaust actually happen in that timeline?

Holy fuck, I'm mad. Even Paradox sometimes understands that the National Focus system is best used to represent states devoting most of their resources to a project, e.g. Germany's industrial expansion line, or time-independent foreign policy approaches, like Kaiserreich's Russia or Japan. Not this cancerous faggotry that seems to infest most HoI4 modders where NFs replace whole event trees and the actual event system is reduced to fluffing out the foci.

I can hardly wait for Waking the Tiger to come out so some halfwit can decide that "no, my needlessly complex focus tree (that nonetheless needs to be taken in a specific order for the intended gameplay) is better than events and decisions because watching a bar tick up while you lose fuhrer mana is so much interactive". Fuck them, they make vanilla HoI4 almost look like Darkest Hour in comparison.

I think the explanation is simple. It is easier to to put a new focus tree than making real events. It is probably why Paradox took this round anyway. I won't be surprised to see it in Victoria 3 next.

You know that you are the faggot for playing hoi4?

Why couldn't Paradox just remake the same game but add a better AI, engine, graphics, politics/diplomacy, and recruiting mechanics?

It would still require more work than what they did for HoI3. And they had to remake the game to be in-line with their streamlined DLC strategy.

More BELIEVABLE WORLDS, I see. But, what the fuck is with
Restore what exactly again? To whom? I regret even checking the description of the damn DLC. I already heard about the gameplay chances, but this really takes the fucking cake for me.

changes*

The definition of bloat

I don't think Paradox even understands the history of the nations they attempt to sully.

In terms of the complexity of some event chains in Darkest Hour or Victoria II, I agree, but most NFs are trivially ported to events (some just trigger events themselves) and usually would work better like that. It feels like a mixture of padding out the game and working around design flaws like having no decision system and nothing to do with your focus points once your tiny tree ran out, and in typical Paradox fashion they won't remove the superfluous content that expanded mechanics have made unnecessary.

I know, I hate it too but the Darkest Hour modding scene has been dead for years and the dev team don't have the manpower to make and support changes to fix the few flaws of the core game. Like how France is harder to conquer than the Soviet Union because the too few provinces in Belgium and northern France are massive bottlenecks, carriers being massively overpowered because their CAGs are treated as very long range guns instead of air units, needing to grab every victory point for to annex a state, having to start your campaign over if you want to mod an event into the game, the nightmare of sorting out most OOBs without any real command hierarchy and needing to manually reassign brigades yet also being able to teleport them around Europe after the redeployment timer runs out, being able to hold fully created divisions in deployment with no supply cost, strategic redeployment teleportation of whole armies, and aerial warfare being completely irrelevant outside of tactical and naval bombers and escorts or fighters to protect them.

Darkest Hour still does almost everything better than HoI4, but HoI4 does have theoretically good mechanics (ruined by terrible gameplay) like air superiority being critical for for fast armored advances and neutralizing CAGs, or the production system that allows for natural division spam limits instead of heavyhanded IC cost increases like in the Grand Campaign mod, and far easier redeployment and organization of divisions en masse.

The real tragedy isn't HoI4, it's Paradox killing EvW so it wouldn't steal the hardcore playerbase in HoI4s launch window.

I forgot

HoI4 will never be playable due to the shitty national focus trees replacing events and decisions.

You think that's the worst of it?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-a-new-germany.1050529/

Ahahaha what? I can see that in Austria and maybe in Hungary, but who the fuck else had any desire whatsoever to go back to A-H?

Nothing is more satisfactory than GLOMing the ottoshits as Trebizond.

I think Hungary got an interesting Austria-Hungary path, where they have to conquer Tuscany and Jerusalem among others.

You forgot submarine/motorized infantry spam. Darkest Hour has a terribly outdated combat system, but it's still better than battleplans in 4. Also undeployed units have a huge transport cost and redeployments cripple your entire supply system. I believe that 3 had the best combat system overall, even if the game itself was a boring crap.

But I thought that Vittorio had no problems with Mussolini. In fact he put him into power. HOI4 was a mistake.

fucking why?

look at how many people wanna go back to communism. its really that hard to imagine?

All the people who have never actually lived in communist countries?

even people who live in them. never unerestimate battered wife synrome

If we are talking about both sides being unable to continue the war, what else would you think would happen?

Why not? The ParadoxPlaza poz crew seem to identify with defunct monarchies as a release valve for nationalism and Paradox pandered towards that hard by making a reddit fantasy of a bunch of geriatrics deposing Hitler a legitimate gameplay choice. I'm half-surprised they didn't throw in Johann Georg Elser, Wilhelm Canaris, Hans Oster, the 20 July Plot and so on, for more reddit-approved fantasies of how Germany could have won the war, made peace with the Allies, saved the six trillion, etc., even with the shocking lack of effort Paradox have put into HoI4. I doubt Tojo or the 226 Incident will be showing up with the expansion either.

is paradox following the bethesda way of lazily adding shit and let other people fix it with mods?

That does seem to be the strategy with HoI4. I doubt it's a coincidence that it is simultaneously their most moddable game and most barren release.

Does being a theocracy hold any benefits other than 100% chance of new heir? Also this event's kinda cool.

I had same problem, but it mysteriously went away on second try

Was Japan ever democratic in the sense Paradox means? Even today they are basically a one party state with politics being determined inside the LDPJ (which is directly descended from Imperial Japanese fascists, literally in some cases eg Taro Aso's dad used Australian zogbots as slave labour).

Japan today is what Poland's PiS dreams of being and the west already calls Poland not democratic.

Democracy btw really just means "leftist republic or leftist constitutional monarchy" it has nothing to do with the will of the people. Many monarchies and dictatorships have served the will of their people, Thailand is a good example.

Japan has never been a democracy in the sense Paradox thinks it.

It's funny you mention the 226 Incident, because quite frankly there's no reason for it to exist. Just checking the wiki for HoI IV, Japan has 100% popularity for the Taisei Yokusankai from game start according to the wiki, presumably in 1936. The Taisei Yokusankai- the Imperial Rule Assistance Association- did not exist until 1940, and was a disparate state umbrella created around existing political parties, which weren't really absorbed as much as subordinated. The democratic party is the Rikken Minseito, which ceased to exist at the same time. Until then, Japan's diet was paralyzed by a hung parliament. The 226 Incident would be a perfect pathway to getting a one-party state & fascist organization early, with Japan starting out as a schizoid mess with unalligned rule until relatively late.

The tradeoff might be that using this focus tree line you're railroaded more towards the go-North strategy favored by the Kodoha faction responsible for the incident, with direct subordination of China being less practical than in a typical, historical roundabout Toseiha faction-Kwantung Army border crises route that justifies blobbing south and slowly gives you a more centralized government. If the Chi-Nats decide they're happy enough with ardent Nichirenists who want to help them kick the shit out of the commies and drift into the Axis rather than sticking on the Manchuria issue, then that clears up the Asian front a fair bit for a Japan player. If not, Japan ends up with a very lean local supply line to fight the Soviets on, but might avoid American embargo in the process. All this while actually being able to pass the laws they want.

But Paradox ruined this potential, because they didn't do the smallest amount of research into the fact that Japan was an imperial-colonial power with de facto constitutional restrictions in spite of de jure absolute monarchy, which made a very late transition into anything resembling a one-party state and when it did so was basically in the form of organizing all existing parties into right-wing syndicates, who continued being as locally socialist or reactionary or parliamentary as they once were in their respective regions outside of all of them explicitly supporting and somewhat coordinating Japanese wartime action.

The Taishou era of the 1920s saw increasing amounts of power and the general management of state delegated to the Imperial Diet, which was an elected, broadly representative body.

Japan had had these democratic institutions since the Meiji period, but the organisation of the state was such that they were only one arm of sovereignty. Notably the top rungs of the military were not answerable to the Diet, giving them the power to sanction their own adventures in China and beyond.

'Returning to' democracy in 1936 is completely implausible considering the state of the Diet at the time, but at the same time Japan wasn't an absolute dictatorship like a lot of people imagine. Even the more autocratic parts were rife with factionalism.

You can't Personal Union as a theocracy. Makes it utterly useless regardless of the benefits.

Except Hitler did both.

I gotta be straight with you lads, I don't see what angle Paradox and the Redditor crowd are coming off that they loathe nazis but are fond of German monarchism.

Both were nationalist. Both hated communism. Both hated kikes. Both enforced strict control over banks. Both were racist, German monarchists arguably more so because the nazis were ok coexisting as long as everyone stayed in their homeland while German monarchists believed other races should be beaten into submission and exterminated where convenient (eg, Namibia).

Do they honestly believe that a restored German Empire would have been some kind of nigger-loving kike-filled leftist dream of paradise? Are they that fucking stupid? And if they don't think it would have been, if they recognize that the only real difference would have been less workers' rights and more christianity, then why the fuck do they like German monarchism while hating German national socialism? It's bizarre. Just about everything they hate about National Socialism applies just as well to German monarchism.

my only guess it's because they just dont want to be associated with da ebul nazies

lol, you mean like Hitler did?

this

Their Will to LARP is just too strong. They can't contain it.

They are fags. Real germans play natsoc germany all day.
t.real german

you seem to be under the impression that redditors know anything whatsoever about either the German Empire or the Third Reich.

This is your average normalfaggot's knowledge of history:

Can confirm.
t.an other real German

I see he was a man of culture.

Is ck2+ out for jade dragon? I don't have access to the paracucks forum

Theocracies would be useful if they gave a holy war casus belli against other faiths, but fun is forbidden in Ottoman Universalis.

I think its less about liking german monarchism and more about "BTFOing those nazis XDD"

She looks 56% white.

One would think that religion would be a focus in a GSG taking place in the early modern period, but the Swedes would rather just keep buffing Ottoshits instead

They probably bought into the myth that Nazi Germany was an anomaly rather than a continuation of German Romanticism.

I can understand the faint idea of the Reich returning and wanting overseas clay, but the fucking baldie and the King while not exactly best buds were in this together. I mean, Mussolini restored peace between the Papacy and Italy, something that no other faggot monarch could do in a hundred years.

is it just me or many of these types of events just involve killing the leader and putting another person in power?

It just fucking baffles me because I see Paradox's ingame text for the event is apparently "Purge this nazi scum from our lands!" which reads like something a pink-haired obese communist would shriek while safely protected by a wall of cops.

Did these idiots even bother to wonder if the monarchists hated nazis? Why don't they look at the fucking 1932 election and see how the population broke down? The two big parties were the NSDAP and SPD. NSDAP are nazis, SPD are socialists aka anti-monarchist. Next three biggish but not that big parties are KPD, Zentrum, DNVP. KPD are commies, again, anti-monarchist. Zentrum, centrist catholicucks with no love for the Protestant Prussian aristocracy. DNVP are actual monarchists… who allied with the NSDAP, put it into power, and eventually was more or less absorbed with it.

Well would you fucking look at that the small minority of Germans who actually wanted monarchy were ALLIES of the Nazis and their ideals were nearly fucking identical, yet Paradox operates under some kind of insane delusion that German monarchists/reactionaries hated Nazis.

Pic related, it's a German monarchist election campaign poster proudly toting the swastika. Does this look like a group who'd ever use the phrase "nazi scum" like some sickly leftist in problem glasses?

Fucking hell.

she's Spanish Andalusian :^)

You're correct but there was a good amount of disloyalty from reactionaries later on (20 July plot, etc).
Also the Horst Wessel Lied does mention reactionaries.

What the fucking christ are you doing giving money to a company that has absolutely no interest in creating a quality product or anything that isn’t outright genocidal propaganda?

It's just there for the memes, user. Fucking Italy has national focuses to conquer France as part of literally reforming the Roman Empire with all its holdings, if memory serves. You can use mana to magically change a country's alignment. HoI4 is a game that does not care about history whatsoever and seeks to pander to the reddit crowd, who, if you've ever visited that shithole, consists of stupid dickwads that spout their uninformed opinions with extreme pretense, fellating each other over how "intelligent" and enlightened they are. Do you want to know how this entire scenario probably went down?

Prince August Wilhelm, one of Willy's sons was actually a high ranking Nazi Party official, lmao

So, anons, how many of you are coming?

I hope Achmed and his truck of peace will attend.

I hope someone brings up their retarded DLC policy and/or turkroach shilling.

Or the mana system.

I wouldn't be suprised if something like that were to happen.

So I only want to play as Byzantium, but since EU 4 is so shit at enjoying fruits of expansion, is it a good idea to just get Basil II borders or less and cozzy up and develop a nice empire peaceful, while trying to make infinite shekels and manipulate your neighbors?

Any suggestions for a comfy Byzzie playthrough?

You’re banned for saying ‘kebab’ on ✡alternatehistory.com✡, so it’s reasonable that 🇸🇪Paradox🇸🇪 would be the same way.

For fuck’s sake, it won’t render the swedish flag here.

Do you play with M&T? If so, simply dismantle the ottoshits ASAP while keeping good relations with the beyliks of anatolia (so they don't form any stupid coalitions on you)
After dismantling the ottoshits completely (or until they pose no threat) get ready for maximum comfy while GLOM'ing anatolia, it's fairly easy since BYZ gets claims all over the place. I think the hardest part would be fighting the northern Italian states, high development equals more troops and a harsher AE malus, so get ready to get coalitioned against. Still, you shouldn't touch them till you've completely annexed anatolia and the balkans.

Hungary's another big threat, so try teaming up with the austrian assburgers or even Poland after hungary breaks free from their PU. At least that's what i'd do.

Ye I got M&T, the Italian states sound nice but AE is really a pain.
I dont like expanding into the muzzie shithole of the middle east to be honest and suffer 100% manpower losses from the fucking deserts every time.
I wanna buckle up in my anatolian mountains with high tier fortresses and be maximum comfy at defending.
Might change Byzzie nat ideas for that, like 25% bonus defence and some attrition, it will be funny.
i dont know about the danube front.
my idea is to create a huge merchant fleet and rule the seas.
The weird thing is that last time I played, everyone had heavy warships aaa long time before me, naples had them spain had them too, and I had to fight them with trading ships.
Why is that?

Already knew about that. They don't mind if you make jokes about how your muslim empire is genociding infidels though even though muslims are actually doing that in every country they inhabit.

higher tech level, also remember your're eastern tech, not western. Maybe eastern gets them later than westerners.

yep I looked it up, other nations need grand navy to unlock heavy ships.

Ok anons, I wanna make my own balanced national idea for byzzies, what do you suggest and what numbers would be reasonable?

Im thinking of 25% fort defence and 5 or 10% discipline for the starting 2, indicating their defensive tactics and the famous roman heritage with its well drilled and displined army.

For the rest id like something about defenders of the true faith, giving missionaries, conversion str and morale ?
Later on add some trading, so trade efficiency and global trade power?
Maybe some naval ones indicating that they were a naval superpower pretty much up to 1204? So larger navy and maybe stronger galleys?
Any other ideas?

no but theres a modmod patch out

sounds good
The way M&T balances things makes it so that nations that used to have discipline-granting ideas (ranging between 5 and 10%) now grant 2.5%. For example the ottoshit janissaries grant 2.5% discipline and 5% morale I think.
Also try making use of infantry and cavalry attack, those are good as well.
Sounds good, make sure it's nothing stupidly OP like 10% missionary str
sounds good as well
Good as well.
Don't forget greek fire, the thema and their land-owning soldiers system (forgot the name though, think it began with the letter O)

Care to point the way? Can't find shit on google and I don't have access to the paracucks forum.

national manpower modifier? development cost? national unrest? insistution spread speed? land attrition? stability?
and a PENALTY to tax income, since the theme system was renown for draining the empires finances?
cheaper soldiers and maybe bonus to morale, since they are defending their own property essentially?

and a PENALTY to tax income, since the theme system was renown for draining the empires finances?
I'd go for development cost, institution spread and maybe some low penalties to tax income (though that's kinda bullshit)

manpower pool mod/manpower recovery mod and less maintenance (careful with maintenance though, don't make it too OP)

What about the ambition?
What would be suitable?
Well I wanna add some penalties because making custom national ideas is kinda op-ish.
It also adds some realism.
I assume my main source of wealth will be trading anyways later on.

M&T doesn't use ambitions.

Oh I had forgotten that, has been sometime.
Alright, good, Ill look into it the following days and try to figure out some reasonable values.

Sadly, by the time the game starts those traditions are long gone and they mostly relied on mercenaries from spain, france and england, also peasants.
The tagmata system died before the sack of constantinople.

regarding the name in Greek we call them "στρατιωτόπια" which means the place/land of soldier.

I know, it hurts every day.
But I still wanna live a dream when im playing.

Just imagine if 1204 had never happened and Byzzie still existed.

I understand your feels even though i am not related to greece in any way, i too come from a dead empire.
Can you post some nice akritai songs?
Specially if they are mostly instrumental, since my vage understanding always ends up with mostly chorus songs, wich is ok but i wanna hear some greek instruments.

I can look for them tomorrow user
I gotta sleep now.
Good night.

nevermind they have a new jade dragon patch but its in beta here it is: sendspace.com/file/xavk8o

Thanks. Do you have access to the paracucks forum?
I need the compatch for CPRplus+CK2+, but since I'm a pirate I can't access their shit.

Here's the link forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2plus-cprplus-compatibility-patch.1025356/

oh you did want the CPRplus patch after all
sendspace.com/file/ys996f

Thank you user, can't wait to see abominations with double eyes and noses.

What do?

You're putting too much thought into this. HoI4 is a WW2 themed version of Mario Paint.

Meanwhile in vanilla DH Germany slightly exceeds its historical gains in the west while fighting a back-and-forth with Russia over Poland, until French capitulation in 1916/17 lets them decisively defeat the Russians.

The central powers might be OP in vanilla (too strong AH, Russia can't strategically redeploy), but there's no excuse to just keep piling crap on an overbloated scenario because "lol, we can fix it with railroading events". The Darkest Hour modding scene in general in full of these kinds of ambitious and generally mods that would become at least maintainable (by the one/two-man crews that make most of them), if not vastly better, with an editor.

It's been a while since I last played this game, I'm at it again with the Shahi dynasty.
Since the Hindu holy order is fucking OP and free when you are the defender in a holy war I decided to abuse this by declaring a war on some muslim realm once the score of the holy war where I was the defending party was 100%. I'm honestly retarded for not realising earlier that this could be done.
As you can see the two persian shahdoms that neighbour you at the start of the game are no longer a threat to me and I always marry one of my children off to those of Hindu realms so I don't expect any of them to attack me in the near future. At the start of the game I decided to declare a claimant war over the rightful clay of the Zunbils but they got pushed back to the east after losing a war against the Saffarids so I just took that back for myself.
The only thing I have to worry about now is my brother who I gave two provinces, in the last Shahi game I played I became a vassal of a family member who won a revolt to take over the throne. I have Primogeniture enabled now though so at least I have full control over who gets what.

Any good Antiquity mods for CK2? I'm thinking Augustus up to Constantine or something?

Okay, since when has it been that you can't usurp titles in the same realm as you? currently as king of sardinia and corsica, I conquered the county of genoa from dule of lombard, who is also duke of genoa. Now since genoa is single county duchy, of course I tried to usurp it, but instead of usurp option there's option called claim? like wtf. And my claim would be denied. how the fuck am I supposed to get the duchy title now? conquering entire lombardy? but I don't want to do thatyet

muslims dont take land in holy wars now they just subjugate them instead thoughts?

Sounds nice, although knowing Paradox Achmed and his seven brothers will just grab the land in ten or so years with revocation instead.

EU: Rome.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQ3D_E-YsDo
This is about the death of the most famous Akrita, Digenis Akritas, he was half greek half armenian, thats why he was called like that.

this one is also nice
youtube.com/watch?v=P2mRotEdCV4

its something id like to hear in medieval total war II

Thanks mate, ill listen to them.

latest screenshots of my socotra -→ half norwegian/bedouin messalian kingdom

ebin

Will 2.00 MEIOU work with 1.24 EU4?

Also does anyone know in which file are the idea descriptions located?

It also won't really help the Iberians in the Charlemagne start.

closest I know of are Winter King and When the World Stopped Making Sense. First is focused on Britain right after Romans left, second starts shortly before the fall of the Western Roman Empire

Found Project Augustus but can't get it to work, smhfamalam

Every fucking time. I hope someone's still working on Geheimnisnacht to get this shit in working order

I lliked WtWSMS but the de jure duchies and kingdoms charged my autism that I couldn't switch them to more modern ones as the game progressed to the medieval period. Does anyone know how to fix this? Will I have to do some modding?

By modding, of course. Kingdoms and empires can change dynamically through de jure drift (if enabled, but I advise against it as it often leads for absolutely retarded kingdom borders), but for duchies you absolutely do have to use events or decisions. It's actually one of the best mechanics in Winter King, in my opinion – these are three main culture groups (Romans, Celts, Germans) and if one such group captures enough territory from the other, an event fires that dissolves the duchy in question and replaces it with a different one, suitable for the culture that now controls it, and connects it to a an appropriate kingdom of that culture group. They all even have different borders from each other. So it can all be achieved through modding.

As I know it, there are no events for duchies in WtWSMS. Any helpful modding guides for figuring that out?

That's a really nice comprehensive picture.

It's all yours my friend :^)

easiest way would probably be to get Winter King and look how they do it there. Here's an example I grabbed from their events:

# Jarldom of Lindsey
narrative_event = {
id = 414101
title = "EVTNAME414101"
desc = "EVTDESC414101"
major = yes
hide_from = yes

picture = "GFX_evt_castle_gate"

only_playable = yes
min_age = 20
max_age = 30

trigger = {
has_global_flag = lindsey_created
c_lindum = {
is_germanic_controlled_trigger = no
}
c_banovallum = {
}
c_luda = {
}
c_caistor = {
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
days = 60
}

immediate = {
c_lindum = { de_jure_liege = d_lindum }
c_banovallum = { de_jure_liege = d_lindum }
c_luda = { de_jure_liege = d_lindum }
c_caistor = { de_jure_liege = d_lindum }
d_lindsey = { destroy_landed_title = d_lindsey }
clr_global_flag = lindsey_created
}

option = {
trigger = {
is_ingvaeonic_culture_trigger = no
}
name = "EVTOPTA414101"
}
option = {
trigger = {
is_ingvaeonic_culture_trigger = yes
}
name = "EVTOPTB414101"
}
}

I really need to form an empire before my current character dies to prevent my realm from splitting up which had already happened before twice but I have no idea where I'm going to get the 4000 prestige from that I need.
Interesting thing I noticed was the Samaritan heresy popping up, I've never encountered that before. Also at the start of the game there was a Germania ruled by a Cathar guy.

How did Zikri get so big? Or is that bound to happen in one of the later starting dates?

brand new Holla Forums edit: introducing amod
sendspace.com/file/cqn6oq

elaborate

wat

it changes the the religion in the countrys in ck2.

wow that looks really bad (i dont have the charlemagne dlc) what should slavic be changed to?

When I was in middle school I used to draw the cities "expanding" on the maps in the history books like bacterial colonies, and having wars with each other. I guess I was always made for GSGs.

Jainism?

amod 0.1 sendspace.com/file/qhcojh slavic and bon switched because i also dont have rajas of india

looks like development of amod has ceased as "bon" is a prefix and used in more than just religions which causes the game to crash

I guess the persians were true aryans after all

pottery

weeeeeew

this is for 2.7.2 by the way!

That was January 1890.

What does demand in the trade screen mean? POP demands don't seem to matter.

Pop demands absolutely do matter, stuff that pops buy will be more profitable, if your factories have access to the needed inputs and aren't getting outcompeted by foreign sources of the goods.

That's why liquor spam works so well in vanilla time period, or in CWE the big one is fuel but also heating & electricity, financial services, canned food, computers. I find computers are the liquor of CWE, they sell obscenely well, but fuel's excellent too if you have the RGOs for it.

In vanilla time you've got the aforementioned liquor factories but also later on electric gear tends to be really profitable, same with automobiles, and telephones. But you need rubber for that stuff so a bit of colonial adventure is pretty important, or maintenance of a good sphere of influence.

Does anyone know of any working CKII rape mods? I can't find any that seem to work.

How come?

I would actually like something like that. You can take prisoneres as concubines of course which kind of counts as rape in a way if you get them pregnant but you cannot release them after they have become concubines.
It would be funny if you could impregnate some enemy king's wife by force and then send her back to her home country, if she would be of the same dynasty as her husband you could mass-produce bastards who press their claim and then become allies with you for being your son and later kinsman.

I used to just imprison all the muslims in my empire, I'd cuck all the men and have their women give birth to my children and then execute them all when I've had enough fun creating bastards who never knew their father.

I'd then marry the rape babies to each other and create inbred lineages

I normally castrate all muslim men and send them ball-less to theri wives and families.

That's genius. If you want to go all out you can conquer muslim realms you don't actually want yourself and then give each respective title to one of the inbred bastards until the ME is entirely ruled by inbred mongrels fighting each other, just like in real life.

But that is…
Let others finish the joke, user.

Pretty sure you can rape prisoners in Merciless Ruler. Really makes playing as a cruel impaler fun. Also PURGES

Is there a new strategy for dealing with the roaches as Byzantium in EU4?

No, stop being a byzboo already

In M&T the closest I have been of beating them was when I was allied with Georgia since they killed themselves in their mountain but even that didn't manage to get rid of their infinite manpower.

never

I stopped playing EU4 after 1.7 or something but the turkroach empire is so OP in that game that it's just not worth playing if you're anywhere near them. Trying to unite Japan as one of the small minors on the island was the only way I could have fun with that piece of shit. I'd like to say it's the worst game that came out of Paradox but I never really played Hearts of Iron enough to be sure.
Besides, any scenario in EU4's old world can be done in the superior CK2 with the exception of some Asian stuff, there's literally no reason to play it anymore.

Only reason so far for me is to reform the roman empire thats the only thing left.

It's not that difficult, user. Are we talking vanilla, or a mod?

Vanilla.

Ally with someone nearby, like Serbia, build as many ships as you can handle (the cheapest ones) build as big an army as you can handle (force limit should be enough) and hope you roll a leader with a siege pip. Ideally you'll get enough trust with Serbia in order to attack yourself while Otto is busy doing shit in Anatolia, otherwise you'll need a bit more luck. The key is to wait until Otto has his stacks in Anatolia, then declare war on him and siege down the shitty fort he has in Gallipoli or wherever so that you can block the strait. Then quickly carpet siege turkish holdings in greece (that's what Serbia is for) while waiting for Otto's army to come into view (Ideally, it'll take them a while as you caught them with their pants down, already at war with some Anatolian minor – they'll try to finish him off first, before dealing with you, which will give you exactly the window you need) when they start crossing the strait, wait for them to be almost done and then send a single ship into the strait. That ship will die immediately, but will reset their crossing progress (unless they changed it in newer versions, that crossing should actually take quite a bit of time to happen). Repeat this until you run out of ships (build more in the process too, so that you can stall them for as long as possible). By the time they finally cross, they should have some war weariness on them and thewar lenght modifier should be ticking down (along with the objective clock going up in oyur favour). If you got lucky, it will be enough to peace out while grabbing some provinces. If you weren't, you will need to utilise your estates to get more troops and money and get loans out the ass in order to buy yourself some mercenaries. Then wait for otto to cross and attack your stack, using the combat cheese to win it. One such victory shuld be onough to crush Otto's will to fight.

Stop being a butthurt turk already.

Where are you Edit user?
Cascadia must rise.

During the (((Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth))) Vilnius was packed with jews.

What version?

He said he wouldnt be reporting for a long time because HFM received some major updates.

I'm working on CK2 edits right now, should be out soon. As for Vicky2, kinda gave up halfway thru because of , they literally remade most of the map, still gotta do a lot of work.
Anyway I'll get back to it one of these days After trying out Jade Dragon with my edits, so don't think I've abandoned the project.

If you're into light modding, you could mod out the t*rk's stupidly OP modifiers and cripple them (crippling as in, for example, cutting off their pinky toe). Seems like the ottoshit AI is the only non-retarded AI in EU4.

I have no clue how to do this. Is there an ini file somewhere that could be edited or something?

the AI is just as shit as any other, making all the same mistakes, only it has such ridiculous buffs that it compensates for most such mistakes. It'll merrily charge into your equal size stack parked in mountain terrain, which would slaughter any other army, and walk away victorious anyway. The best tactic against Ottomans as BYZ is to avoid battling their stack at any cost, and instead delay it and murder all the 1k armies they send to reinforce it. All you need is to win that first war and you're basically set – you get a grace period while the truce is in effect during which you can grab parts of greece, now that Otto doesn't block you on land (allowing you to ignore, for example, the venetian navy), as well as giving you the time to recover economically and build a bigger, better army now that you have a higher force limit. The second war can still be a bit tricky, but by the time of the third war, it should be a walk in the park.

it's probably going to be a .txt file in common/countries or wherever the fuck they placed those files. Search for one about Otto, and edit it in notepad++ or something. It's all written in YAML so you shouldn't have an issue understanding it

I just remenbered, what would you think about adding the mapuche/araucania as an unciv nation in south america in vicky 2?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Araucanía

Not seeing anything but a file for events, names and decisions. Not sure if im missing something. What would you recommend changing?

You'll just have to dig through the files until you find one with the Otto modifiers

It's either 00_static_modifiers.txt or 00_triggered_modifiers.txt, forgot which. Search for OTT/OSM or TUR or anything with stupidly OP morale/discipline (talking about 40%+)

Sounds good, could give Chile some cores on Mapuche land and let the AI resolve the conflict mainly because I'm lazy

What about an event showing up with imperialism/mission to civilize?

Since 1.23 it has been easier as Byzantium.
Retries still tend to be necessary.

Get rid of your Fort in Morea maybe even the one in Constantinople.
You should be able to sell your Cogs in pairs of 3 to Tunis, Aragon, Cyprus etc.
Having some allies is highly important, sadly Poland often goes over the Relation limit and I rarely see Hungary rivaling the Turks.
Serbia tends to rival you, Aragon, Wallachia, Trebizond and Karaman tend to be possible allies.

If you can get powerful you can simply call in favors and steamroll the Ottomans I did that together with Hungary
If not you can try to wait until they war someone in the east to make a quick grab for Edirne.
Spy Networks lower the time for siege phases and at a Siege progress of 7% or -7% the AI tends to commit to sieges.

Sometimes others pile on the ottomans which you should obviously use.
In the Pic the Turks declared on Albania.
Venice and Aragon joined the Albanians and brought all their allies.

If the Ottomans declare war on Venice and send a big stack to Corfu, Naxos or Negroponte you can block the strait to run amok in Greece.
You shouldn't count on the opportunity though.

Most Otto modifiers in vanilla should come through Government, tech, traditions, having good leaders, religion etc.
and not so much modifiers like in M6T and VeF.

I suppose the reason POPs of the high ranked countries don't buy all the coal and cement and whatever the mod added to everyday needs is that they don't have money.

I think it wasn't this way in vanilla, but HPM wars started with Pay Debts count as interventions, so higher ranked countries won't be in charge. Maybe it could be abused in combination with the World War system.

Could be, I'll add it to my to-do list.

user's HIP edits v1.14 is finally out:
mega.nz/#!R9EnkSZa!gWr1oSLrbkkIF-H9IUFjlOhF55toGpptEXLl1zNorHs
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

Nothing new has been added, it's only a compatibility patch for the newest update of HIP that came out with Jade Dragon DLC.
Any bugs and weird behavior, PLEASE, let me know. I haven't had much time to test this update.

V I V A

wHAT HAPPENED THERE?

Germany, Blue Spain and Italt are all my client states.
I ignored Ottoman expansion.

What's a good way to reduce siege time in EU3?
It can be really annoying for me to have to wait 3-5 years for a level 1 fort at times while being in the middle of the defensive-offensive slider.

Do I just need better generals? Should I be using my leader as a general?

Shouldn't have used that terrible reddit mememod in the first place

How's it going nofun user? Having fu– oh wait.

Artillery give you a bonus to sieging based on the ratio of artillery to fort level, 4 per fort level gives you the maximum bonus. Generals help but aren't necessary, never use good leaders for generals only use them if you want to them to die.

Sieges are literally dice rolls, the system is the same as in EU4 except EU4 shows you how it's calculated.

Welp, I guess I've been playing like a retard this whole time.
Oddly enough, I don't think I ever lost a leader in battle.

Thanks for the info.

Only your king can die in battle.

Ok so this is how far I've gotten with my custom byzantine ideas.

Im gonna have a playthrough where I expand up to a point in the Balkans and Anatolia and build forts along my borders.
Meanwhile I'll try to dominate the sea with my trader navy and galleys?
As well as create client/vassal states around me to profit from them.
So any suggestions to change,add,remove from the ideas you see ?
I need help in balancing them in general.

These are the borders im intending to do.
The dotted line to east is what I might also take since its all mountainous terrain.
And the west, maybe after ive settled for good 50-100 years i might expand towards to.

Make Wallachia and Moldova your subject nations. Maybe turn them into marches to make them more defensible. You can do the same thing with other countries in the Balkans and Caucasus Region. Basically surround yourself with Orthodox client states. Perhaps aim for creating something akin to German mitteleuropa but for Greeks of course.
Also I recommend Beyond Typus with associated mods. It greatly flushes out Anatolia making conquest more fun. Beware though, the sheer number of new provinces can obliterate your performance if you have a shitty rig. Unfortunately Paradox cannot into codding and optimization.

In HOI3 it was the blitzkreg to the extreme with forming entire pockets and advancing as far as possible before winter and getting butfucked in HPP by the Soviet buffss

BLACKICE or HPP. HPP tries to fix these issues usally with events and is generally sucessful

Loverslabs got an entire set of rape/sex/fantasy mods on their fourms.

Someone pick a country randomly out of Argentina, Brazil, Lithuania, Estonia, Lavita, Finland, South Africa for me please.

What the fuck is this?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=951215306

How can I make this work with MEIOU?

BR

It works good for me so far.

It worked for a crisis war, but you need to make it total with a dismantling wargoal. Scandinavia signed Britain's dismantlement.

mega.nz/#!55d13TBQ!QZIgdP89ZBhB7tA3a0YUFPL13imap2ZXzkTAvrGZtgw
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq
Another update, fixes several provinces with wrong holdings and adds a new province: Wakhan, connecting Badakhshan with the Tarim Basin. Non-save compatible.

Blobs detected!

Another update. tl;dr: fixed wastelands appearing in central europe, had to do with province set-up files and mod directory files. Please use the new .mod file I've provided.
Non-save compatible, sorry about that one. I swear this is the last time this I let this happen.
mega.nz/#!J5kzWQhS!uQgi_6hj-uEUfFfymK2tFTDKqR9i45q76W8uyW9w4bc
pastebin.com/5ArmkNAq

Probably by ripping off every single asset and adding it on your own, the long way. Sounds like a pain in the ass tbh. Haven't downloaded the file though, but it just seems like it's gonna be that way since the author states it's not compatible with M&T.

also
wat

Two potential angles; one, reborn Byzantine phoenix imagery leads to convergent aesthetic evolution. Two, the nature of the Polish hussars- that being as Serbian exile Racowie lancers- means that the alternate Byzantines have ended up with exactly the same formation in terms of initial ethnic composition and tactical evolution, albeit under differing circumstances. Instead of being comprised of mercenary exiles fleeing the Turks to the closest possible willing buyer, they'd likely have been mercenaries by choice seeking opportunity under the Roman crown.

what is the password for these files?
mega.nz/#F!gHx2WbaT!04bEOcHMqGl_0Y4AzzzE1w
and what are they exactly?

If you want to you will understand and find everything you need.

Well that sucks, because I really wanted to have some nice looking units for my byzzie army.
They look like Turks in the gunpowder era with very boring clothes, more like peasants from the victorian era with wooden sticks that go boom boom.

or did MEIOU add better graphics now?
I havent played it in some time.

Is VeF any good compared to MEIOU?
and are there any map graphics mods that are compatible to MEIOU?

MEIOU has a unit graphics mod, BYZ units get changed to Theodoro's cosmetics after tier 2+, it's also got a map graphic mod.
I haven't played VeF in well over a year, so I wouldn't know. Though I think M&T is the definite mod for EU4.

Yeah MEIOU feels like it adds a lot more while VeF just improves some aspects.
I wonder what the fuck are the mod devs doing and havent released the new update yet, I cant wait to MAGA byzantium.
also would you help me balance my custom byz ideas?

That's OP as fuck. You gonna play M&T? That mod doesn't use neither start nor bonus ideas, and the first idea is reserved for some bullshit familial core mechanics.

In defenders of the true faith, the missionary str is a bit high, I'd go with a 3%, the rest seems fine, but a bit op; I'd go for 10% morale OR cav and inf power
Theme system shouldn't decrease autonomy.
The akritas seems alright to me.
Merchant class is a bit OP too, i'd lower all to 10%
Neoplatonic is also OP lel, you already got an institution spread (which I think this one fits more the institution spread bonus), i'd either pick idea or tech cost, but not both. If both I'd go for 2.5~5% each
Greek fire seems alright, shit was supposed to be OP. Why the naval forcelimit though? If anything, it should make galleys and light ships more powerful.
In Basileia rhomaion I'd switch the state maintenance mod to the thema system and lower diplo rep and upkeep to 1

As I said I put a general idea of stuff id like to have but I wasnt sure about the amount which ones and the %.
Also Id like to replace the neoplatonic revival as a whole maybe?
But I cant think of any fitting theme for the byzzies.
I also intend to play them very defensively as you noticed.

none of the links on the sticky reference it, ive digged around on the archives and people have said that the password to some other mega links was /gsg/, which isnt the password for these

am i missing something? because i looked around everywhere i could think of

*BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*
*snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff*…oh yes my dear….*sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*….quite pungent indeed…is that….dare I say….*sssssssnniff*…eggs I smell?……*sniff sniff*….hmmm…yes…quite so my darling….*sniff*….quite pungent eggs yes very much so …..*ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff*….ah yes…and also….a hint of….*sniff*….cheese…..quite wet my dear….*sniff*…but of yes…this will do nicely….*sniff*…..please my dear….another if you please….nice a big now….
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF*
Oh yes…very good!….very sloppy and wet my dear….hmmmmm…is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?…hmmmm…..let me…..let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling…….hmmmmm….hmm..yes….that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear….ah yes….let me guess…curry for dinner?….oh quite right I am….aren't I?….ok….time for sniff…..*sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff*…..hmmm…hhhmmmmm I see…yes….yes indeed as well curry……hmmm….that fragrance is quite noticeable….yes…..onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?…..hmmmmm….yes quite…..
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT*
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..*sniff*…ah….*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff*…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….*sniff sniff*…hmmm….is that….*sniff*….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…*sniff*….a little whiff more if you please…..*ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff*…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…*sniff*….the most pungent one yet my dear….*ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff*….yes….

Nothing happens when I run the setup file. It shows up one second then disappears doing nothing

I played EU4 when it came out. The strategy back then was to spam galleys or whatever your fighting ships are called, so you can blockade the sea of Marmara and fight the Ottoman navy/discourage them from attacking.
Then you take back the Balkans and peace out.

There is a reason why there is a difference between the West and the East, user.

Well, I did it, I formed an empire at the cost of serveral wives. Should I enable viceroyalties? I have never formed an empire in this game before so I'm not sure what the consequences of that would be. There are certain laws that just completely fuck up your game and I'm playing in Ironman so I can't go back after making a descision. Also, how the fuck do I deal with the vassal and demense limit now that I've gotten this far?

Mapwise I haven't seen a lot of things that are out of the ordinary. Samaritan became the main branch of judaism, Perm is still going strong (not sure if that always happens) and Abbasids are getting BTFO by the Greeks.

Becoming imperial w/ free viceroyalty law change is very OP. Since you get back the titles every time someone dies you'll re-grant it to the new person and have a huge opinion boost for 10 years. This practically guarantees realm stability, since they'll also find it basically impossible to expand within the realm through inheritance or war.

You get a huge amount of vassal limit from the law too. Initially you'll want to grant duchy viceroyalties but if you get bigger you'll grant kingdom and then multi-kingdoms

M&T updated

Anyone else love autistic shit like this in patch notes?

When I grant a kingdom-tier title to vassals they will gain all the troops and cash from that land right? Won't I be fucked if a vassal with an entire kingdom under his belt creates a faction and rebels against me? I'm already having a hard time preventing uprisings from happening.

He'll have 100 opinion of you for a decade unless you've been caught murdering his entire family. By the time it wears off you'll have something like +20 for long rule and he'll be at 60 unless you've murdered his family. If you really need better opinion of someone, give them more viceroyalty kingdoms. They'll die eventually and you get it back.

Obviously you want to be granting the viceroyalties to characters of your religion/culture, which lowers the faction risk. Even better if they are a distant relative of your dynasty.

At your point you're probably better off granting duchies only. It looks like you don't have imperial law yet, it gives a big bonus to your vassal limit and lets you rely on duchies a lot longer. By the time you need to create viceroyalty kingdoms you'll be so powerful from retinue that you shit on everyone.

I can only enable the viceroyalty law for giving out kingdoms though.

I wouldn't do that, do the imperial law (requires majesty), it gives bonuses and automatically sets you to duchy.

Is that a Jade Dragon thing? Because I'm playing without it.

what was it like previously?

Majesty is a tech. You need Majesty 4 IIRC to adopt imperial administration, which is a law change that also forces you into duchy viceroyalties.

New Thread

Damn, I forgot, I just googled "majesty ck2" and the first result was about Jade Dragon so I assumed it was part of the DLC. I will focus on getting some cultural tech points then.