What games are definitely run good on a $250 laptop? So far I've played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1&2...

What games are definitely run good on a $250 laptop? So far I've played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1&2. I'm into jrpgs primarily though.

tetris, pong, pac man, etc etc

The only thing that's worse than elves - nigger elves.

fuck off with these cuckchan threads already

Drink bleach

Holla Forums detected
counter sage initiated

Guys please give me suggestions though I'm really depressed.

Play Echoes of Aetheria. I never heard of it (nor would I have played it if I saw it) until someone posted it in a thread not too long ago, but it's actually pretty enjoyable for what it is. I also see people recommend Skyborn by the same dev (devs?) but I haven't tried it myself.

emulators are your best bet, you can probably play PS1 pretty well and there's plenty of options up to there. I'd recommend this above all but if you want some PC games the only ones I like are the action oriented ones that I'd strongly recommend a proper PC setup for.

Thar furry character design is unsettling, but I'll look into it. Can be really upsetting when someone recommends a new game with simple graphics and design thinking it'll run on anything and then I buy it and just feel like a poor fuck.

Can you recommend some PS1 / Super Famicom / Mega Drive rpgs? I've played all the Final Fantasy games and Xenogears on PS1, Chrono Trigger & Cross, Super Mario RPG. I recently played Clock Tower on emulator and it was incredibly comfy.

Got some bad news for you bucko

I have a ps3 too bro

Try Fire Emblem 7 on the GBA or Final Fantasy Tactics on the PSP to satisfy your SRPG's. But if you really want JRPG's, then try this.

Valve games and 7th gen titles.

I've run it on a laptop that was originally released with Windows Vista on it. It's also incredibly easy to pirate.

If you haven't played Bahamut Lagoon and liked Final Fantasy Tactics, download an english translated version of it for the SNES. I'd also recommend Ogre Battle 64 or Tactics Ogre, on the N64 and PSX respectively. Tactics Ogre has a remake on the PSP, but it plays pretty differently. Whether that's good or bad is up to you, but I'd recommend emulating at least one of them.

For straight up PSX jrpgs without strategy splashed in, Legend of Dragoon I assume you've played. I really liked Legend of Legaia as well.

It would be easier to recommend jrpgs if you posted which ones you liked in particular.

Most falcom games can run on toasters and are largely jrpgs
Ys
TiTS
Zwei 2

Depends on what your into but gameplay oriented vn's could work
Kamidori
Rance
Daibanchou
Eien no aselia
Tears to tiara
Eiyuu senki
Theres plenty more, again depends what you like though, all the above are jrpgs though.

avernum, or exile if it runs and you prefer.

Download a SNES emulator.

Stop playing shit for poorfags when you can take home a used PS3 for 50 bucks and softmod it.

As was said, you can likely emulate older consoles and handhelds which are full of JRPGs. Download rompacks if you like and go crazy. Also Fallout 1 and 2.

no games

MAME games and almost all pre-2004 RTS games. Also TrackMania plays flawlessly, used to play the shit out of it on a really cheap PC about a decade ago.

You can play a lot of stuff in DOSBox and various 80's and 90's console emulators.

Also check this blog, he reviews alot of old RPGs: crpgaddict.blogspot.com

posting system specs might do more than naming the price in a currency that 99.9% of the world don't use.

You aren't wrong tho.

Play Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2, Diablo 1 and 2, NWN 1

Also roguelikes - try Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

FTL ran fine on my ancient laptop that barely hit 20 fps in minecraft on the absolute lowest settings.

That poor thing can't even play 240p youtube videos smoothly.