Is it just me or have videogames hit a rock bottom in terms of shittiness?

is it just me or have videogames hit a rock bottom in terms of shittiness?

Jokes on you, I only play good games.

Are you crazy enough to play DMC 2 on DmD without taking a single hit?

I never played DMC2 on account of everyone saying it was so shit
3 is the only good one

no but we're getting there

Don't jynx it OP you fag

where's the saving grace?

Is this what you were trying to imply? Double negatives are a bitch.

There is a tiny glimmer of hope in a small percentage of indie devs. Risk of Rain 2 is in development. Mario wasn't terrible.

I think more accurately, western games are hitting rock bottom, with few good releases. Nip games are doing excellent with most titles being good releases.

You have to go back.

Somebody has not played 1

I got the Stormbringer cheevo in Metal Gear Rising last year by completing everything with an S-Rank on Revengeance difficulty and taking no damage, does that count?

1 is fucking terrible, I can hardly believe they managed to make a franchise out of such a shitty game. Anyone who likes it should be thrown off a cliff.

It isn't as bad as it's going to be. You should have figured this out yourself. You think it's bad now? Wait until they kike it up as much as they want. Buying ammo? It's going to be the industry standard and retards will accept it.

You mind explaining yourself.

So you started with 3 is what you're saying here

The thing that pisses me off the most about 1 is it was originally going to be a Resident Evil game, but it turned out so different they made it its own IP. Instead of like… applying what they'd learned to the new Megaman X game. Which featured platforming, gunplay, swordplay, and special energy attacks. There is literally no reason X7 had to be as bad as it was.

It's incredibly repetitive, samey, ugly and with absolutely retarded enemies and bosses. It has zero challenge overall and what's with that absolutely retarded final boss?

Those trips are nice but I played 1 -> 3 -> 4.

2017 was actually a great year for video games. 2016 was bad, though.

Its not about them being shit OP.
Plenty of shit games years ago.
Problem is said shit games selling well which usually didn't happen back then.

Yeah and Persona 5 is great right fellow redditor?

What's repetitive, samey, and ugly about the game?
What's retarded about the enemies and bosses?
How so?
Yes, what exactly?

RoR2 looks worse than 1. I fear it's gonna end up the same way as SPAZ 2.

lol no

Just wait until the Chinks become an important international market to see what shit quality really is.

We can always go lower.

Games today aren't truly shit. They're uninspired, derivative, reboots. True shit is some kids first attempt at vidya.

While there's true fucking garbage like the SJW pandering Butterfly ShitSoup, there's still good games. Beat Four Sided Fantasy and it was short but enjoyable. Wouldnt recommend it at full price but fine if you want to pick it up for couple bucks on sale.

t. Bethesda/EA/Activision employee

just you. playing some Owlboy atm and it's pretty comfy

I would argue that last year was an improvement, but I'd be lying to say it was altogether good. Without a doubt, the worst years were somewhere between 2008-2016

It's just you video games are great battlefront 2 was great

Stop focusing on the big meme games, and maybe you'll start to find good games. Most big games have always been shit since fucking 2000, its just some mediocre ones got more publicity so thats all people think about.

Doesnt reddit hate P5 for it not being translated by a specific group.

This man is a spider.

Good in the current year means shit in the mentally stable timeline tbh fam smdh.

LOL, you think this is the BOTTOM. Things haven’t even started to fall off.

You think that's bad?
There are people here think Bioshock 1/2 are good.

Yes, but they still fellate the game regardless.

Oh, I don't know. Pretty sure more trash is just being marketed more heavily and there are more idiots than ever that do it for free.

When propaganda and political(ly correct) messages are more important than fun.. movies, games, music.. all become shit.

No, because rock bottom would imply there's a silver lining: It couldn't get worse.
But games are shit and still getting worse. See Battlekike 2 for proof.
Maybe that'll turn out to be a turning point, but I doubt it.

Would you explain yourself, or tell us what kind of games you like?

Quite the contrary, they seem to be picking up if even a bit with horrible games flopping Andromeda, Battlefront II and good games being recognized as good Cuphead being an example

The only people I know who don't enjoy ANY PC games right now are the kind of autistic spergs who think games can only be fun if they are "niche" or are "not mainstream" or "normies don't play my game, because I'm a fucking edgelord and special because I play this game no one else likes". Example: People who shit on dishonored because "thief was better" "oh stealth mechanics suck".

If you look around and engage games that fit your style with an open mind you can have fun. Your approach and perception matters, it's sad that you have to state something so obvious for people to stop acting like 4 year old children.

Dishonored wasn't as good as thief though, I did enjoy it as a Dark Messiah-esque game, but as a stealth game you really can't get better than thief. The genre is effectively dead with no one improving over it besides maybe horror games

This. The PC has a ton of games right now that are great (Cuphead, Opus Magnum, Total WaWa 2, PUBG) and the only platform that consistently has good games. A lot of these are really popular too.

You are the perfect example of what I just said. I never said it was better or that I enjoyed it more. All you want to do is argue pointlessly and compare games that have completely different ideas and approach to it's feel, mechanics and world.

I immensely enjoyed both games mostly for different reasons with some of them overlapping. But basing your enjoyment of a game on a lackluster and not reasonably comparison because you put it in a little box in your head is just making yourself miserable for no reason.

I can compare Dishonored's stealth mechanics to Thief because it's a fair comparison as it is one of the most important portions of the game. Dishonored can be played as an action game but the stealth was supposed to be equally as engaging and it wasn't. I'm not even disagreeing with you, what I'm saying that I don't agree with your example because that is a fair argument to make.

Back in my day underage hid their ignorance out of shame.

It is a bad, boring game. You fucking queer off normalfag, you're the one that started shit to begin with.

Dishonored? Compared to Thief, it was a flash game.

It's unfinished. You never played games like Unreal or Quake to have something good to compare that shitshow.

It seems that it's slowly stopping, we are reaching a time in which it might change. Will we finally get our desired crash?

this is the last 10 years of vidya

watch as no good game comes out in 2018 except maybe banerlord but that's looking 2019 or 2020 at this point, at least with 2017 we knew coming into it a few games looked nice but what is it here

How's 2005 going?

Thief is shit tbh.

Its just you
There is still plenty of space video games can fall down to.

Any cunt can make up an award, the only people buying a game cos of a blurb like that are so retarded you can't ever hope to reach them, logic bounces off their skulls like a pogo-stick off a spacehopper.

Oh no, they can get worse.

This.
Latest pvp games have been so shit, that i feel like getting a tumor just by looking at them.

Kill yourself normalfag
>>>/cuckchan/

Holy shit, go back to your garbage website you fucking shit taste normalfaggots.

we have the same thread day after day after day. yes you fucking retard, games are shit. play good ones.

It's just you

That webm is hillarious

you have the attention span of a fruitbat. just where are you from and why isnt this thread being sage bombed?

this completely ignores just how much of the f2p mobile shit market is perpetuated by your beloved japs. so thats why it isnt being sage bombed, because Holla Forums is full of retarded newfag weebs

Even if the game was good (it isnt) it's not worth anyones time when the dev is babysitting whiny normalfaggot streamers and banning half of their users over "stream snipers" when it's their own fault putting it online. I have never heard of "stream sniper" bans until PUBG and it's pathetic.

And then you have the game being fucked in the ass by Chink hackers making an unplayable mess and ontop of that the game is optimized like utter shit. It's a normalfag buyfag version of Arma and not even good.

I can name four good games I played that all came out in 2017, Mario Odyssey, Persona 5, Cuphead, and Nier Automata
Only one of those games is a new IP, and only one of those games is from the western market
In fact, I think almost every half decent game that came out in 2017 was a sequel
And I know tons of people keep saying this, but the evidence is clear, the eastern game industry is simply putting out better stuff than the western game industry. It’s really no contest.

Thanks for your meaningless fucking comment on that webm, you fucking newfag scum. Get the fuck out, go back to reddit or facebook where ever you come from faggot.

lose an argument in another thread? what are you so mad about? maybe its becuase youre a fucking jew?

low enegry

clearly you do have low energy, if that counts as banter from your behalf. come on try me, ill own you stormnigger

You need to get your head out of your ass, OP.

If you were paying attention, you would notice that literally everything in the entire world has hit rock bottom shittiness.

2017 really wasn't that bad of a year. I forgot what year it was, maybe 2011 or 2012, that had absolutely no games.

He's from the past.

Because fuck you, that's why.

Now that you've said that, video games are going to get even worse than we ever thought possible.

Every time one of you faggots say there are no good games anymore, I want you to go join /agdg/. Instead of whining like small children or women, you could be part of the cure to this cancer.

Make some good games. I'll buy them.

Even-number years have no games.

I'll make a game when EasyRPG Editor comes out, aka NEVER EVER

You're wrong.

2017 was objectively the most fun I've had with video games in a long, long time.

Right now I'm playing:

And having fun with all of them. I've also massively enjoyed:

I haven't had a year like that with video games in a good long while, it has completely rekindled my love of the medium.

cmon man

You just jinxed the release of Bannerlord. I hope you're proud of yourself.

It's barely just begun. Wait till "games as a service" really takes off. Even the good games that come out had DRM this year.

I'm not into Gravity Rush, played the first one on Vita and thought it was a good game, but not spectacular.

Guy it can only get better from this…right?

Who cares? If they completely fuck it up we'll finally have time to work on our backlogs.

you're missing out, gravity rush 2 is a huge improvement

stop paying attention to the modern gamei industry

play old games that are good like Deus ex (the OG) Dwarf fortress Thief MGS etc…

this whole shitshow will implode eventually or it will get even worse

I'll take a look at some reviews/gameplay, thanks.

This tbh. I'm largely into older games I'll never get through my backlog before I die anyway but I remember actually getting excited about upcoming games. I could tell somebody anything about a game months before it was released. There is hardly anything, if anything, I can think of coming out this year which intrigues me. Possibly Dragonball Fighterz, if that's not out yet. The majority of games last year came out without me even realizing. I would see people talking about them on here or overhear people in public and that would be how I found out. That's how little I pay attention anymore. I thought MvC:I was coming out this year but there were people last year talking about how badly it did. I thought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was like fucking 2019 or something!