WELCOME TO THE GRAND TOUR

Are any of the past Dragon Ball titles worth revisiting or would they all be more or less a step down from XV2?

Other urls found in this thread:

animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
hooktube.com/watch?v=0lDjfgWNmyc
steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
imgur.com/r/manga/b3WlL
imgur.com/gallery/nINIk
imgur.com/r/dbz/TBuvy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The DS dragon ball games always seemed really cool to me. It's a retelling of the best dragon ball and I think there's two games in the series, the second covering the red ribbon arc. It also has that beautiful low res, unfiltered PS1 style the DS should have been filled with.

also since its not obvious, these games are absolutely available in English. They are called Dragon Ball Origins and Origins 2 respectively.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has something like 130+ characters. The quality of the game itself is kind of all over the place, though. Obviously, there's no balance, because it's Dragon Ball.

Oh, we were talking about Xenoverse. I haven't played any of those. Are they any good? I thought this was a segway into that new Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

It's Budokai Tenkaichi pretending to be a MMO.

You have to play as your custom character avatar for the story mode and most of the hub world crap, but the side missions and battle mode can be played with other characters in the cast (of which there are many, including a few Super characters)

Budokai 3 is one of my favorite games. It isn't very complex or deep, but it's *fun* to pick up and play as Videl and fight a monster like Broly or something.

GT is shit you absolute plebian bottom feeder.

Xenoverse plays a lot like a simplified and customizable version of Earth's Special Forces mod and centerers around character creation, which you will wither love or hate. I enjoyed Xenoverse 1 a lot, but can't tell you anything about 2.

Emulate Budokai Tenkaichi 3

God dammit user, I had almost forgotten about those faggots.

Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is the best Dragonball game by a considerable margin.

Its not balanced, the story mode isn't as good but the actual gameplay is really good and fucking fun.

I guess you could try Fusions if you are REALLY into the OC idea of the XV games.
Still,Tenkaichi 3 is the best DB game.
on an unrelated DB note,japanese polls regarding best character animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
Why is Paragus in the top 10

We really need to make a chart listing all the good dragonball games.
GBA
Action RPGs for the gba. They have midified Falkner music, were written with western audiences in mind, and were made by the guys who did taiketsu. None of these sound good but for whatever reason they're amazing games, west city arc best arc.
2D beat em up/platformer. Amazing spritework, fun gameplay, and an extremely cut up version of the original dragon ball story.
3D arena fighter, fucking amazing as a fighter, and a love letter to people who read the manga. Not as many fighters as the other 3D fightans, but it's still pretty fun.
Gonna do a chart, any suggestions for what it looks like?

What in the shitting fuck? That's gotta be some kind of joke or meme, there's no way Paragus is that high up because people actually like his character.

Don't make a chart.

I'm gonna do a chart

Nuke Japan

It is widely known that Japan has terminal shit taste.

Its Tenkaichi, but with most of the moves removed, and everything is slowed down. It blows, and the plot is just stolen from the mmo.

Dr Wheelo was cool. Big robo claws, and I love that voice modulation they put on guys like him and final form cooler.

Probably because he is a big fucking meme in nipland, along with Broly

Legacy of Goku 2 was the only Western game to be released in Japan and is the first time the Japanese get a taste at Falkner music.

Post a DB/DBZ/GT Intro from your country and have people just how shit your intro is.

Fuck Japan, man.

If you can find an intro worse than the GT Rap, hats off to you.

I prefer the credits theme tbh.

Too many spics on this board.

Fucking vasques get out of my vidya reee.
Me tragué todo Dragon Ball en vascuence de pequeño sin entender una puta mierda. Al final aprendí que significaban algunas palabras, así que supogo que mereció la pena

Is this what America got for GT?
What a fucking disgrace.
Even the spanish dub at least respected the original song.

There's a third Origins game on the Wii, covering the King Piccolo arc; pic related.

Fumination thought so little of the Americans that they tried mis-representing GT's tone and content in the intro; I'm thankful for the 'Ocean group' dub that Bongland and Canada got instead.
Surprisingly, Funimation did a much more faithful intro for their DVD releases: hooktube.com/watch?v=0lDjfgWNmyc

It's fun, guys.

That doesn't sound so shi-
jesus dick

I'd argue the French Z opening is worse.

How about Supersonic Warriors 1 and 2? Both were developed by ASW and can in some ways be thought of as the predecessors to FighterZ. Like how they're fast paced team based fightans with a lot of attention to detail when it comes to DB lore. And then there are things like 17 being an assist for 18 and Ginyu being able to summon the entire Ginyu Force for special attacks that are taken directly from these games.
At the very least everyone should play the Piccolo and Krillin "what-if?" stories from the first game.

XV2 has the combat of a watered down BT3 with an mmo-lite structure to it. It's definitely not the end all be all of DB games. A large amount of the fighting games are simply better fighters, and there's a decent amount of rpgs for the franchise. Also, Advanced Adventure, the beat'em up platformer on GBA is a must play.

Broly and Paragus have always been popular in Japan.

I was expecting bad dubs over the original openings but jesus fuck this was a hundred times worse.

tfw makafushigi adventure will go underappreciated for all time

wew

HOY SEREMOS
DRAGON
BALL
Z

France was a mistake.

That's it, you win, nothing can be shittier than that.

You know, I think I can like Broly when I accept him as a joke character.

Holy fucking shit what awful taste. Fucking nips man.

I cleared that one like twice. Good times.

I never asked for this.

Interesting yet disappointing.

Nigga that's Pan and Bra's fusion, in any case it would be Bran or something.

Officially, she's called BRAPan but I don't like that meme.

I expected jack shit and got worse.

Have another :^)

Reminder that everywhere in Europe besides the UK used this same saccharine melody for their DB theme songs.

why are these french intros so long and who is this bitch

Can confirm, at least they did away with that shit for GT in the PT-PT dub.
Speaking of the PT-PT dub, it's simultaneously the best thing ever and the worst thing ever depending on how much you like ad-lib and off script jokes and overall shitposting.

ESL GO AND STAY GO

Well these are actually promo videos for the French dub using a full-length recording of that shitty song. The real intros were like embed related.

why does she say "hagon bool zed"

Makes Faulconer sound like a rich Philharmonic orchestra.

It's a strong French accent combined with the non-American pronunciation of "Z"

I knew anime was popular in France but I didn't think they would go as far as to edit themselves into Dragon Ball intros, wew. I liked how respected animation seems to be in France in general, one of my favourite movies is a René Laloux one.
I'm from Ireland and we've had an animation studio (Cartoon Saloon) since 1999, but they only started making TV series in 2007 and films in 2009.

In regards to DBZ intros we got the song that goes
which I think is the same as the UK and Canada, though our DVDs just used the American song.

SUPERIOR LATIN TACO DUB COMING THROUGH

just gonna leave this here

What even was the point of that? Was she just some pop tart or some sort of presenter?

I believe she is a presenter. From what I can tell, Dragon Ball in France was aired as part of some kid's programming block with a set of hosts. Here's a clip from DB first premiered in French in 1988. Notice the girl singing the song is one of the presenters.

Strangely, that UK/Ireland/Canadian dub of DBZ that brought some of the original Ocean cast was actually bankrolled by AB Group, the same outfit that originally brought Dragon Ball to France in 1988. They would go on to sub license DB and DBZ to various European countries.

They also produced the Big Green dub of the DBZ movies.

why do 90s frenchies look like 70s/80s murricans

Look at the date of the video.

Is that why we all have the same shitty theme song?

Pretty much. It was easier to just get the assets from France than go to Toei directly and get new music tracks or, in Funimation's case, permission to make a new intro. I wouldn't be surprised if Toei had no idea that was happening, at least until the 2000s. The end result is that you get tons of narration dubs (just one guy talking over an existing dub and describing the action, something common in a lot of former Soviet bloc countries back then), as well as some really rushed dubs, like the infamously bad one in Serbia.

Did they at least keep the original Japanese soundtrack for the Euro versions?

They did, they cut out a couple of tracks with vocals in Z like the one that plays when Gohan goes SSJ2 but kept some of the ones in the original, like this one. Outside of vocals and the intro, the entire OST is intact, at least in the PT-PT dub.

Actually, when it came to insert songs, it varied from country to country. In the French dub for example, they somehow got an instrumental version of Day of Destiny (though because of PAL frequencies and refresh rates, it's pitched up) when Gohan goes SS2.

And then there's the German dub, which replaced it with a generic library track.

I didn't know that, thanks user.
Yamcha's VA was great in the PT-PT dub, he also voiced the tournament announcer, he went ham on it, so much enthusiasm and off script shitposting with every character he voiced. Shame he passed away so he's not in Super.

These games are fucking great btw. I recommend every Dragon ball fan to play them.

The Canadian DB theme is just the french one but translated. I imagine it must not be a very good translation, because it comes off sounding like the singer is making it up as it goes, by looking at the video clips provided.

what wrong with xenoverse 2?

Currently? Easy Anti-Cheat is the problem.

what does it do (other than its job)?

I mean, that is retarded but at least it isn't ear rape like the rap.

Supposedly records whatever is happening on your screen at all times, prevents even the most cosmetic of mods from running by forcing the game to shit itself, several methods of cheating still slipped through anyway.

Why the fuck is Bardock #1?

What a retarded poll.

He's a super main character in Online and Xenoverse 1&2 not to mention THE main character of Minus

Because Bardock is great.

I take it Garlic Jr. is never going to show up in anything ever again?

What kind of tour is it :^).

ftfy

He's Goku with a tan, that's not even a recolor.

He just looks like any other low class saiyan warrior, which pretty much is Goku in different colors/personalities.

Come on, you know that isn't cano… You know what, fuck it. Who even cares anymore? Dragon Ball's got midichlorians and more stupid Saiyan transformations than you can shake a stick at nowadays. The current canon is so shit that it's not even worth arguing about anymore.

There is no dragon ball canon.

Official power levels.

Oh, it's you again. These will never be actually official and you will always be an absolute retard for taking them seriously.

More canon than DBS or GT will ever be.

Whatever you say, Z baby.

The fuck is this Mexican autism?

That better be in zettabyte or this list is shit.

Nigger did you even watch Bardock?

Hercule is a fraud, a hack.

He's literally just a Pamput rehash.

Probably not. Even though his movie is one of the few good DBZ movies, everyone mostly remembers him for that godawful filler arc. And now they have another villain who was a candidate for a god post who made himself immortal with the Dragon Balls. So the thing that set him apart from other villains is no longer unique to him.

Thanks for derailing the thread chartfag.

who

Mr. Satan is hella strong for a human who didn't train with Roshi or Crane Hermit. Mutaito was a freak and if you aren't a descendant of his teachings you're a chump. But Satan can still survive hits from Cell and Buu. He's at least as strong as Chapter 1 Goku.

The heck? He goes from breaking 14 tiles before the fight with Cell to 19 shortly after, that's a significant improvement.

Those charts are a meme, especially after the Freeza where every number is made up and speculated.

Resurrection of F is the only power level ever mentioned after Frieza breaks his own scouter early in his fight on Namek, where his power level is one million. At the beginning of RoF, fe says that he's gonna train to get around 1.3 million. So power levels aren't linear and all those attempts at calculations were completely wrong. You'd have to instead try to gauge where characters are on a scale of between second form Frieza and RoF Golden Frieza.

Are you implying that XV2 is good for anything but playing dress up?

I like that XV2, and to a much lesser extent, 1, are some of the only Dragon Ball games with an original story. I know they just take a lot of material from DBO, but I can't play that in English to experience the story so this is the closest I can get.

don't forget spinning in a circle with a huge group while in the lobby.

How do you think Mr. Satan would have fared if he was introduced in early DB? Also his daughter has a higher power level than he does.

He still would have been a chump because he'd be too arrogant to train with Roshi.

Satan lied about beating Cell, but he still was the legitimate world's martial sports champion before that and survived Cell slapping him into a mountain, with no significant injury. His only fault was not getting his training from Roshi, Korin, Kami, and Kaio.

He only maintains his title by having Buu take out the competition before taking a fall in the final round.

Yes, but he initially earned it completely legitimately. It was only after he got old that he started having Buu fight in is stead. Unless we're supposed to believe none of Satan's competition, before Cell, were even near as tough as the fighters of the budokais that Goku took part in, he was still pretty tough, especially for someone who had no idea what ki was.

XV games are shit
go play Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 fag

Again

So because Turles exists, that somehow makes it bad Bardock looks like Goku? What's the logic behind that?

Turles is boring and stupid.

Waiting for another one to come out with femsaiyans.

Toriyama said powerlevels are no longer applicable.

So now that the sale for XV2 is over and I can't possibly be called a shill any more (though I'm sure someone will try), did anyone else get the game during the sale and is willing to play together?

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/

also this

Power levels were never meant to be taken seriously. And neither are things Toriyama says but doesn't actually put in the manga.

Man, it upsets me so much what Bamco did to XV2 modding. All I wanted was for my saiyan qt to have a decent bust size.

broly is essentially the story of a mentally ill teenager and his father trying to make their best in life

Don't forget the revenge plot thrown in there.

The franchise is perfect for it. Karts can include the nimbus/kinto-un, a Capsule Corp. bike, a little Freeza ufo, Kaio's classic car, etc. Toriyama seemed to love drawing them in vehicles, anyway.

Pizzafag coming trough

I actually like it

No, you fucking retard, Italy didn't use this shit

The US toonami intro was always the fucking worst.

Please, it's not really in the spirit of the series, but it's also not . And it's got a nice riff to it, at least. Nothing beat Cha-la Head Cha-la, but the U.S. opening for Z isn't the worst.

Also why the fuck is there a tumblr link that I just noticed on that picture?

I know what you're asking for, you don't need to be coy.

Everybody in the series can fly, but I guess with several Sonic racing not-on-foot games on the market it's not totally unreasonable.

Fuck you and the flying nimbus you rode in on.

Because an astonishing amount of the internet's content passes through (and is consequently archived by way of) Tumblr and every third image on google images for any given search will be a Tumblr link.

Also because Deviantart is dead and Pixiv is incredibly difficult for non-nips to navigate so 90% of all fanart originates on Tumblr

also you're gay

Unfortunately one of the best archives for official 90s DBZ art is a tumblr faggot.

Rock the Dragon was shit. And nice spacing >>>/reddit/

Thanks for the compliment, user-kun (1)

Future docile housewife coming through.
For who though? Maybe she might latch onto Yamcha? Tien already is getting pussy after the tournament.

Gohan maybe?

Fuck I meant Goten

Nah its fucking Cabba. Nigga got marked from the start. RIP his pelvis.

Kale is shit, and, by extension, Kefla.

the U6 Femsaiyans aren't terribly unique or interesting but I've been waiting for proper female super saiyans ever since GT.

I'm not bothered by Caulifla. At least she has the typical Saiyan drive. Kale, on the other hand, is just fem-Broly with a terrible anime cliche attached.

imgur.com/r/manga/b3WlL
imgur.com/gallery/nINIk
imgur.com/r/dbz/TBuvy

That isn't the best taco dub, nigger, this one is.

I recently learned that burgers didn't have DBZ till late 90s and early 2000s when the tacos had the damn thing just as it comes out in Japan. Tacos seriously loved anime. What the fuck happened? All taco dubs lately are fucking shit.

I like that a lot

Rock the Dragon isn't even the best Burger intro

Other than Astro Boy, Speed Racer, and Lupin the Third, anime was a very niche thing in the US. What changed that was Akira. After it released in the 80’s you had people scrambling to find other Japanese animated media. That’s why Castle of Cagliostro is so highly praised. People generally point to the late 90’s as the birth of the mass anime expansion, since that was the debut of many staple anime of the budding Japanamation fan. Namely Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Cowboy Bebop.

best dub out there, and probably the best scene out of the entire dbz series. nothing compares to it. freeza in latino audio at least sounds like a high class villain unlike the jap and burger dub where he sounds like a massive fag.

Wrong. DBZ didn't air in LatAM until 1997. DBZ was already airing in syndication in the US in 1996, in addition to a failed syndicated edited dub of Dragon Ball in 1995. There was also an aborted dub of DB by Harmony Gold in 1989.

What? Lupin barely existed in the US until Cagliostro came out here in 1992. Prior to that you had only sparse showings of Mystery of Mamo at sci-fi conventions in the early 80s.

You also neglect the US broadcast of Star Blazers in 1978 and Robotech in 1985 as a major key to anime starting to boom in the US. Fuck you're retarded.
I really wish underage Gen Z faggots would stop getting your second hand information from equally retarded millenials. Sailor Moon aired in US in 1995, and drew a sizable portion of ratings in that time. DBZ was again, airing in 1996. Cowboy Bebop didn't air in the US until 2001.

Go to the Kanzenshuu forums if you want to spread your sheltered insular retarded faggotry elsewhere.

you're a millenial.

I've never fully understood the "clenching your teeth so hard you let out noises" trope

Baby Gamera should be in more games.

Some Holla Forumsapid faggot probably stole my list but i'll tell you the real shit
Any of these are at the very least different enough that you get an enjoyable, different experience, and are also damn good.

Sega and Bamco really fucked up with Denuvo, stupid pricks.

Can't recommend this enough. Picked it up a few weeks ago and it's good shit.

You forgot Advanced Adventure, doofus.

Wanted to see this scene turn into rape for years. Then I found out about Yamamoto and I fucking destroyed my dick on that day.

Isn't he dead

A semen demon was literally about to get raped in fucking Dragon Ball.

That means heart-purity is genetic, clearly.

Hey I know you, you post on /cuteboys/ dont you?

Pure doesn't have to mean good.

lmao butthurt Vegeta fangirls

Nothing is better than the Speedy Dub.

Broly is a joke character in the sequel, and he's Broly in name only in the third one. The first Broly movie actually tries to have a beginning, middle, and end, which is more than I can say for most DBZ movies (though I think Dead Zone and World's Strongest are still better). The only issue with Broly is that it's confusing what the hell "Legendary Super Saiyan" is supposed to be, since we were lead to believe it was Goku. But I guess the implication is that Goku is only a Super Saiyan, but he's not the actual one that was prophecized. Even though the prophecy really seems moot if the bit about "the first Super Saiyan in a thousand years" was wrong, and it was actually "the third or fourth Super Saiyan in a thousand years."

Aside from the roster size, how do BT1 and BT2 compare to BT3? Like, what are the major mechanical differences between the three games?

Cell is a confirmed hacker