The New Vegas devs were making an ALIEN rpg for Sega

The New Vegas devs were making an ALIEN rpg for Sega

On the one hand an rpg in that universe tickles my pickles but on the other making the xenomorph anything less than "EVERYTHING IS A DEATHCLAW: The RPG" feels like underselling them as monsters.

What do you think of the idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

christianpost.com/news/the-predator-2018-plot-rumors-could-disney-reboot-alien-vs-predator-211711/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

After the shitshow that was Alpha Protocol I doubt Sega is going to work with Obsidian ever.

It sounds like the issue with Alpha Protocol was splitting them between multiple games at once and Sega going "hey yous guys makes rpgs right? so hows about an action shootah with stealth gameplay! its gonna be a sure hit with the kids!"

Everything wrong with Alpha protocol was Obsidian's fault. The project was mismanaged, like everything Obsidian makes and there was no publisher meddling. They even delayed the game twice and Obsidian still fucked it up.
The worst part is, the games for which they fucked up Alpha protocol ended up being cancelled anyway.

Someone post the pic of the current nuobsidian team.

Sega surprisingly hasn't done much to fuck over devs it's more devs fuck over Sega.

Sega recently fucked over Sonic Mania's devs

With the Disney takerover, the Alien francise now belongs to The Mouse. It's dead anyway.

Studio names don't mean much.
Unless you have names of persons, then you can't say that they are the same developers. Developers join and leave every year.
For example, I'm sure that the fuckheads working on Destiny 2 didn't design Halo 3.

Not until the future Disney AVP cinematic Reboot happens.

Alpha protocol is still surprisingly pretty good considering how much of shitshow development was. Would've been interesting to see the finished result for the alien rpg, but I imagine it would've been similar to all their other games, wasted potential.

You can thank avelone for that who no longer works at Obsidian and hasn't actually designed a game ever since.

I love Alpha Protocol.

I remember threads were checking trademarks by Sega on the Alien franchise, this was one of them, but damn, Obsidian is a mismanaged clusterfuck.

Will Disney put out better AVP games than they did Star Wars? christianpost.com/news/the-predator-2018-plot-rumors-could-disney-reboot-alien-vs-predator-211711/

Man, I can't wait until this comittee-approved catlady written shitfest happens.
I suspect all the Alien fans who spent the last 5 years autistically screeching about Prometheus and Covenant will soon be wishing the franchise stayed dead instead.

I wouldn’t be surprise if people realized the older AVP movies were not that bad. They tried to be fun and cheesy action movies. It’s people who took them seriously.

it's a good game that didn't present itself well to normalfags and suffered for it.
Truth is if Sega had understood that you're supposed to bribe journalists for good reviews, it would have been well received.

Or maybe instead of making an action game where Marines just hunt for keycards and hackable spots, Predators are the "forced stealth section" and the Aliens are the "forced but botched stealth section", we can instead have a game about the world they operate in as well?

For instance, Marines having a storyline about saving scientists, clearing areas of buggers, adquiring equipment.
Predators actually traveling around the world in their spaceship, unlocking newer gear when they present their trophies and intervening whenever humans get too close to their pyramids.
And maybe the Aliens can have an actual hive where a lot of the quests are about finding fauna to drag inside and create new types of Aliens or infest cities and attack nearby bases using stealth?

Fuck me, that's hot.

It's still really fucking clanky in terms of gameplay since it was also released on consoles. It's a living hell trying to use the mouse in most menus.

Which is a real fucking shame because a game about a rogue agent going around the world investigating shit, having to gear up and find contacts for said gear, lots of preparations before the final missions, etc, it's a really amazing idea and I'm surprised not more games do that shit.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THESE FAGGOTS THAT RUN ANYTHING FUN INTO THE FUCKING GROUND!? I FUCKING HATE THESE FAGGOTS SO FUCKING MUCH!

>You will never double french a xenomorph as she brutally rides your hips in a desperate rape to impregnate herself.

I like the original idea of moving away from that damn xeno and instead exploring other parts of the universe (namely the Space Jockeys). The sequels were supposed to not feature the xenos at all, instead they listened to the faggots that wanted more of the same shit and that's what we got. At least Scorn might fill the itch of what Prometheus and the movies after could have been.

Alien is the only good film of the universe.

Aliens is pretty good

Starship troopers is a popcorn flick, most movies now are just jew garbage.

I respect that it tried to be something else as Alien did such a great job. They would never have done a half decent sequel in the vein of Alien. However, I despise the mystery of the Alien being destroyed with the Queen, I hate that the Xenomorphs are relegated to cannon fodder, then there is all the stronk womyn shit to top it off.

Alpha Protocol was fucking fun for the trainwreck that it is, though. I play that game every year. I can only imagine how good it would have been if it'd actually had a full development cycle and more than $12.30 of funding.
Still not sure why they went with the "autistic mute dangerhaired cunt" character design, though.

IDK how you're gonna top Alien.
The Xenomorphs were already introduced.
The reason Alien was so good is because no one knew what it was or what it looked liked.

So, obviously, Aliens can't do the same thing or people would just say: it's just a rehash of the original movie.

No kiddin

Why don't they just make three separate games at that point?
AFAIK, there has only been one title where you play exclusively as one of the Predators.

Not from what I've been told. People loved the first Alien film because of the creature being an unstoppable killing machine from space. Aliens then ruined that by spawning millions of the bastards, having the marines mow the suckers down, and end things off with a literal mecha fight.

There's nothing "Alien" about the Xenomorph anymore. We know its entire life cycle, its behavior, its biology, its fucking origins. There's absolutely nothing interesting about the creature now. Just let the franchise die.

Leave it to ol' nezumi to make a predator look like grade A waifu material.

The first Alien x Predator was a ok movie, the sequels not so much. Prometheus was such a waste, there was a good movie in there and all the bad aspects of it reeks of execs meddling with the plot. Covenant was literally a slasher horror flick with action scenes disguised as a alien movie, you saw every twist coming and all the characters were unlikable, more so than the ones in Prometheus somehow. Ridley Scott is a spineless hack that doesn`t mind to get fucked by Hollywood

First AVP was a fun action movie. Second one was shit, it was way too dark and you couldn't even see the creatures, also, the story was a joke and the setting was boring. No one wants to see some small rural town in an Alien movie.

Whatever horror elements Prometheus and Covenant had were ruined by the fact everyone kept acting like the biggest possible cretin.

Kingdom of Heaven is proof enough of this. How can one man make a Crusade look as boring as he did?

I'm still mad that despite getting two AvP movies neither featured Colonial Marines and were instead set in present day Earth.

This. Alien universe is boring and unoriginal

That's retarded.

The first alien wasn't an unstoppable killing machine, just a very hard to stop killing machine.I don't remember if it was Ridley or O'Bannon that said he didn't want a classic unstoppable monster that could shrug everything you threw at him because that was boring, so the alien can very much be killed by normal means, he's just hard to.

You can almost smell the soy pouring out.

It’ll be shit, just like the rest of the Ayylmao franchise since its inception.

it won't be anything. It isn't coming out, imbecile.

When will somebody make an Alien dating game?
I wanna see some alien penis

but that's wrong you retard

Yeah it was going to be shit. Obsidian can't make their own games. They can only mod existing games.

why would you save that

What are you, new? This happened forever ago and everyone knew about it.

nuObsidian is shit
Alien is not a fun IP
Obsidian would be better off doing a wRPG with KOTOR

Also, there's something that's been bugging me lately.
What is with all this new found hate for Obsidian coming from?
I few months ago, Anons on Holla Forums were praising the devs for their "great games" (Except for KOTOR2), talking about how New Vegas was sabotaged by Bethesda because they were making a better and more ambitious Fallout then Bethesda was capable of, and that it's sad the the company became a hollow shell after majority of the staff left after they completed Alpha Protocol and New Vegas.

Lurk more you fucking newfag.

So, those of us talking about how Sega was, somehow, able to publish two games with a better "Moral system" then other "top-notch" developers where that area of work is their "field of expertise" was…just a dream?

I would pay good money for some of these production copies.
I wonder why publisher's don't offer them for a few hundred thousand dollars in the style of a KickStarter so fans could take it and finish it themselves.

Obviously the reason is Jews and licensing problems.

I also wonder why devs who worked on these projects don't leak them so their years of efforts aren't wasted. I doubt any company would delete every copy of the source code, as that would mean they couldn't give it to someone else down the line to finish.

Just turn your brain off, why can't you be more like your cousin Johnny?

I like it better with the mask on.

Yeah this thread is pretty bewildering. I guess everything Obsidian ever did became retroactively bad after pillars of shit and tranny.

No we don't.

Prometheus and Covenant are just David masturbating. The Xenos have been around and the engineers happened to find them and found their genetics are so strong they adapt to damn near any environment and so they used them as a biological weapon. David, for all his god talk, is just a fucking hack who is limp wristedly thinking he's making a "super organism", but it's just the Xenos re-emerging via filtering out the impurities of the other shit David keeps putting into them.

Ok, I fucking loved the alien campaign in the 2010 AvP game, there was just a lack of any upgrades for the xeno (no acid spit, why?) and feel that a full game where you start as a drone and work up into praetorian and even queen would be fantastic.

Starship Troopers is jew garbage though.

Now that is a supreme fish mouth.

Id take either, a tsundere over protective Predator with a bit of thickness gets the blood pumping in my heart

actually, speaking of female predators, are there any mods for AvP2010?

Any more art of thicc Yautja grills?

Because Johnny is a retard who got dropped on his head when he was a child, fuck off Grandma.

We could have had this for Alien 3 at some point.

she would have had a barbed grappling hook-ish tongue that she'd thrust down her prey's throat before pulling them inside out, so she could kill someone with a firm french kiss.

1: how thicc?
2: mask on or off?

Hi Shareblue

you should post what you got friendo.

Just avoid doing more than three posts in a row to steer clear of the dump rules

I would've been saved a lot of grief if they had given up after the studio mishandling of 3.