Cities: Skylines Thread - Autisitic Efficiency Edition

If you build it, they will come.

That island doesn't need anything bigger than a single-runway airport. If either of those bridges are attached to the mainland, it doesn't need ANY airport.

i wish the building upgrade system was similar to sc4

Bluehair coding is one of the circles of hell

I hate how sterilized this game is. Everything is so goddamned clean and bright-colored and shiny- not even heavy industry is dirty. Haven't these swedes ever seen a real city?

I doubt they've ever stayed in the countryside in their own country but it's all due in part by the shit graphics.

Of course they have user

You've got a good point the more I look at it.

Shiggy diggy

t. swedecuck

SWEDEN YES

Actually, based on what I've heard from a fellow Swede who visited the US, Sweden in general is much cleaner. I know 'murricans like to bitch about taxes, but the fact is that they can be used for things like keeping cities clean. If it's left to private persons to pay for cleaning who the fuck is going to do it? No one, and as a result you get dirt everywhere. While the game is obviously exaggerated, it's probably a case of Swedes simply being used to cleaner cities.

Of course, I'm pretty certain that litter and general dirtiness has gone up significantly here in the last, say, decade, for reasons I shouldn't even need to spell out. And it doesn't help that our politicians are all corrupt extreme-left SJWs, so what good that does come from taxes isn't much compared to all the stupid shit they do. Trying to kill the white race isn't exactly my idea of good use of tax money.

White Hispanics are actually white user, and are differentiated by American census between nonwhite Hispanics

Muslims, however, are not, no matter how you spin it. And European census does not differentiate by race so there's really no way of telling how many of those "Europeans" are actually white since a child born to straight up niggers in Europe is considered a European

Must be really irrelevant then.

Swedes and Anglos are both fucking trash of the white race, embrace your diabetic brother with your weak fruity arms.

way to take the bait, you bunch of faggots

have you seriously not learned to not feed the trolls?

Thing is, the population of the island doesn't really matter. They are largely going to be self-sufficient, and any cargo they need comes in by boat. The only ones using the airport will be tourists. It will need to be a big runway since it will accept international flights, but only a dozen or so per day at peak season because it's such a small island. It can only handle so many tourists at a time.

It's also highly unlikely that you'd be able to build such big skyscrapers on the goddamn sand of an ancient volcanic island. And why would they? Not enough tourists to fill giant hotels, and not enough business to justify big office buildings.

That island is a perfect one to illustrate what I feel is the biggest problem with city builder games. That is: they don't force any amount of reasonable city scale. You can make a "city" in the middle of nowhere that is a thin border of suburbs surrounding a giant skyscraper forest. Cities just don't work like that. It takes hundreds of square miles of farms to support a dozen square miles of suburbs to support like ONE large building downtown.

Attached is a satellite view of Wichita, Kansas; it's a good example of a city "in the middle of nowhere", with about 400,000 people. Take note of its proportions. The green circle is the suburbs, the light blue one the urban center, and the teeny dark blue dot is the extent of the "downtown", or central business district. Also attached is a picture of that downtown, much as it is. Oh, and the "supporting" farms fill like half of Kansas so of course I didn't bother with a picture big enough to have them all circled.

That piddly little island? It's maybe half the size of Bermuda, which has a population of like 80,000 in the height of tourist season, and doesn't have a single large building; the tallest structure around is a modest cathedral. That's reality. Do things like this fancy island with it's three-hundred houses and a downtown bigger than a city of a half-million, and you're building "toy cities", not realistic ones.

Just got this, some questions for you anons after playing for a few hours:

If it matters, I'm playing with the in-game infinite cash thing since I just want to build.

How do I make the game cut this shit out

Did someone post the amerimutt meme again? Thats some rectal twister.

Have you ever seen a miniature city model?

I'll answer what I can, but I don't know a lot about the game

US cities are fucking disgusting polluted shitholes. Go to any other country and you'll find that more often than not, their cities are gorgeous.

thanks user

can confirm, going from the US to Germany

Very well put user. It would be interesting to see a city building game focused on a much larger scale like you describe.

I really wanted to like this game, but it runs like arse, the art of the assets are just bland and there are definitely AI problems with services which just kill it for me.
None of its mods will ever fix the core problems with the game and will only increase the already ridiculous loading times and RAM requirements.

And you literally just proved that you’re both full of shit.

and how is that

While we're on the subject of citybuilders, have any of you guys heard of Frostpunk?
Looks pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to give it a try, whenever the fuck it comes out.

education

You’ll know once (if) you get back from Germany.

Have you never been to any major US city, user? Our cities are fucking shit.

You must be fun at parties.

You can force the issue with SimCity4 using an expansive region, but it's really only aesthetic. Mods have greatly improved things inside cities, but interactions between neighboring cities still remains totally broken. Doing this also totally relies on self-imposed restrictions.

The thing is, too many people play city builders to "win" them, and think "winning" is when you can pave over the entire map with skyscrapers like it's a sci-fi city-planet. Then they say that the game is too easy and lacks depth. Uh huh. Like saying painting is easy and lacks depth because all you did was cover the entire canvas with a single color.

Amsterdam and London are both fucking filthy when you get to the Muslim areas. Paris looks like a war zone. The dirty parts of the US are the nigger and beaner ghettos. It's almost like non-whites don't care about pollution or littering no matter where they live.

Can't you fuckers keep this garbage on Holla Forums?? You guys are LITERALLY the immigrants trashing up the place right now. Do you realize that?

>tfw I actually bought this game on sale for the mods
>so much shit that it crashes my game every time I start it up

And global report. Thanks for outing yourself.

I only spend $60 a year, tops. No, really, I swear.

That's because most of the mods are just assets, that have to be loaded by the game when it starts up. What it really needs is a mod that makes the traffic not suck.

Yeah, but there are a lot of assets out there. I think a bunch of the ones I had were road ones to make managing traffic a bit easier.

This is why I don't play Skylines.

Why do I have a feeling this game will be subpar/shit.

I really showed myself who's boss, didn't I?

As long as you enjoy the game, I won't really judge. It's not my thing. I tried to get into TTD and the like, but it kinda just bored me. My autism is completely visual.

are the devs or the game really so extreme sjw.

You try to compensate your failed sad life with shitposting on the internet, huh?

I'm like that too, I really enjoy making a pretty looking city that looks as organic as possible.
Thank god we have hooktube embeds so I don't feel like a shill

I'm not the one getting triggered by Cities Skylines maps, bub.

This user gets it. Unfortunately I like to plaster all the flat land with skyscrapers, plan on changing next city.

Seems like the evolution of the city simulator.
As in, city sims have nothing to do once you've already ran out of progress and citty planning to make. But your idea gives it a new end game.

>>>Holla Forums

damn that is comfy

got my first real city going, pretty good so far besides some traffic issues going in the city. Anyways, what is some of yalls most recommended expansions/mods?

forgot pic

The best way to force variety in a city is with terrain. Rivers, small hills, forests… anything you can't actually build on without seriously expensive terraforming. Build with the terrain, instead of fighting it.

Absolute must is Traffic Manager Presidente Edition… 81 tiles is optional but still recommended except you are a filthy casual.
Prop Anarchy, Road anarchy, NExt, Precision Engineering, Advanced Road options(or whateverit was called), network skins…

This game is too fucking easy. Note for fags saying that the point is to make it difficult for yourself… I am already doing that yet it is too fucking easy. It is just snowballing, no in-depth simulation like SC4 did.
The only challenge is managing this retarded traffic AI

thanks user