For the new year, are you finally going to work on your massive fucking backlog Holla Forums?

For the new year, are you finally going to work on your massive fucking backlog Holla Forums?

I think you'd have to if you participated in any kind of winter sale, right? Before you can play any of those new games you'd have to play the 100 odd games you bought but never played.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/blood/news/bloodgdx-a-blood-sourceport-released
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't bought a new game in a long time and gave up on ever touching my backlog.

Plebians

I've finally gotten myself to stop buying games on sale, now I can actually start playing them. But first I want to play some other games on emulators.

I have this problem where I play a game, I obsess over it for the next few months, then I go on to the next game, obsess over it for the next few months, etc.
It makes it hard to go through my backlog. I think I need to keep myself in check.

I went from having a huge backlog to just play what i want to play. Instead i created a backlog of books to keep it as a second hobby away from video games. Backlog of books had a lot more sense than backlog of games. You should always play the best games available, the ones you like the most, or else you will start hating them.

I haven't decided if I'm going to try and work through my backlog or just revisit games I like in the new year. I haven't enjoyed games as much the past couple years and I think it's because I keep foring myself to play new shit all the time instead of just focusing on games I know I enjoy.

I wanna get /fit/ since I'm flabby piece of shit and never take advantage of the opportunity that I could be a portuguese assbro

It fucking sucks.
Also Fire Emblem 7 is a masterpiece

why not have both?

FE7 is the game I'm looking most forward to revisiting. Haven't given it a full playthrough since 2003/2004, and have never played Hector Hard Mode.

Because playing each game in a row if its unfun you aren't really keeping the backlog. You just torture yourself to complete one shit after another thinking only to complete it faster.

If that's how you play video games and complete backlogs then that's on you buddy.

It keeps fucking happening.

I say don't even bother trying to improve yourself if you're a shitskin. You're bottom of the barrel human material.

Yeah FE7 could have been a good game if it didn't rely on luck so often. Wish I had those hours I spent playing that shit back.

Its fucking great dude, you won't regret it, though goddamn Hector Hard Mode was a bitch especially the first time you do it. Once you get through it though you will have gotten better even if you don't realize it. One of the biggest problems I had was figuring out who I wanted to support with whom
Even going through it 5 times (technically) there are still parts that get someā€¦ strong reactions out of me. Its amazing how well they've crafted the story and characters in this game.

It rarely did and in fact it was the first FE game to reduce probability along with having a very impactful weapon triangle and generally weak enemies
You want RNG bullshit go play FE5 or 6
You were most likely just bad at it.

At some point, I'm gonna test play all the games I have, to not only make sure some of them still work, but to see which ones are worth playing/keeping. Got a lot of games over the years, but I don't have the time to play them all and I plan on pursuing other interests more fulfilling later down the road. If I don't find the game fun and/or worth playing, I'm just gonna sell it off. Better to have a few games that you know for a fact you can enjoy over and over again than having a shitton but only finding a fraction of them fun.

I got through FE6 through FE8, but did I enjoy the experience? Not at all. I felt like I was playing it just so I wouldn't miss out on all the discussion of the game and the girls.
Yeah, I'm bad at it, in the same way I am bad at XCOM - that is, I keep missing attacks with a >70% chance of hitting. Really good game design if you ask me.

Relying on strategies where there's roughly a 1 in 3 chance it will fail isn't really the game's fault.

Hardly 1 in 3, but it gets worse. Even a 1 in 10 chance is inexcusable and takes away all the fun of a game.
Imagine if in Chess, there was an x% chance that the piece you wanted to move wouldn't move at all, but would still take up a turn. Sounds like bad game design to me.

Listen faggot: you're bad at this game. Numerous people have beaten the game with zero % growths on their characters, including a large number of redditors and jewtubers
The fact that you can miss a few high probability hits only adds to it: if its not listed as 100% then its not 100%, but it is a lot higher than what you have and therefore what you describe is exceedingly unlikely to happen
Basically learn to weapon triangle fag

Just because it incorporates probability doesn't make it bad. In fact it makes it more engaging, because it adds tension. I haven't played XCOM but in FE at least your weapon attributes, character stats, terrain, etc. all affect the probability. There's very little actual luck involved, especially since I believe FE7 is the one that redid the probability system to make it 100% accurate instead of just in the ballpark.

If anything it adds more options to the game

And numerous people have beaten Doom using fists only, that doesn't excuse any faults the game may have just because you give yourself a handicap - the game can still be shit. In this context, it is.

Yeah, more like frustration. It's less about taking calculated risks and more about rolling a roulette spinner and hoping the ball lands on black. Even when accounting for the weapon triangle, the number of times the hit percentage was less than 100% far exceeded the times the hit percentage was 100%. Bad game design.

shows the game wasn't worth playing in the first place
maybe you are tired of games in general.
time to do something else, more constructive and fulfilling, something you can come back to at any time and enjoy again.
carpentry, woodwork, drawing, painting, circuitry, programming

I don't understand what you're complaining about. Strategizing is all about coming up with the plan that is most likely to succeed, and the game tells you exactly how likely each attack is to hit, exactly how much damage it will do, exactly how much health you will have before and after the attack, etc. All of this before you confirm your move. I don't understand how that's like roulette in the slightest.

Its a stat handicap which talks directly to what you're complaining about, numbers determining the game. They have no chance to grow and therefore no chance of increasing their probability of increasing their hit and dodge rates outside of weapons, map terrain and the few statboosters and promotion items in the game. Anyone can actually do it once they actually git gud at Fire Emblem
Do you think before you type out something this dense?

Backgammon as a strong chance element, randomised with dice rolls.
It doesn't stop it being a strategic game.
It is about making choices based on the situation. The only difference is in chess, the situation is created by your opponent.

Nice job, user. I'm just about there myself.

I stopped caring about my backlog a few years ago; I just play whatever I want. I've stopped buying games I know I won't immediately play also. I did buy Blood and Blood 2 from GOG last week and just finished the first one. It's surprisingly difficult (I played on middle difficulty) given how similar it is to Duke3D, and that game is pretty easy on the hardest mode once you figure it out.

What the fuck, sorry.

Roulette relies on luck and so does Fire Emblem, that's what I am trying to say.

Yeah I know what the stat handicap does, and it's just as doable as Doom with fists only is: the only difference is that your chance of losing is a lot higher in Fire Emblem with 0 stat growth since you are essentially rolling the dice a lot more and with chances of success.
What's dense about it? Chess has survived this long and other games should learn from it. I said it once and I will say it again: Strategy in Fire Emblem amounts to deciding which number/color on a roulette spinner you will be placing your bet on.

*fewer chances of success

Has ANYONE here actually completed a big backlog? How did you do it? What games did you complete?

You cannot compare any game with a hitpoints system to chess because one of the core mechanics is that any one unit can kill any unit no matter what as long as it is in a position to, strength is directly tied to movement patterns and killing patterns (diagonal vs horizontal vs both) on a static grid with no differences between the squares in terms of power outside of inherent map advantages (being on a corner or border, etc) with a single unit moving per turn
The map design of chess is a single square and this has remained unchanged as well
They are completely different games and chess isn't the "ideal" strategy game like you seem to think it is; logic-wise its absolutely retarded

Basically once a game has HP mechanics it really shouldn't be compared to chess, where a lack of HP mechanics is literally the core of the game

I'm on it, what I need to get around to is categorizing it somehow. Figure out exactly what I want to get through first instead of types I know I'll always be into. I'm not always in the mood for an adventure game so I'm doing a bit of that right now while I'm feeling into it.

Not really, you should actually go outside for once. Conformity and the lack of improvement are the reason why society as a whole has become such garbage, don't enable Marxist thought.

I think the only reason I beat a lot of games when I was a kid was because the game I was playing was the only one I had.

I think there's some truth to if you play a game and half way through it you drop it and get bored, then the game probably wasn't worth it. I got that with Axiom Verge, and later found out a friend of mine felt exactly the same way.

Also in the case of Fire Emblem its literally built on the premise that your units are not equal to the enemies and that your own units aren't expendable (or are much more valuable to you, rather) while the enemies are entirely expendable, and they have far greater numbers and starting map control as well

I have been working on it m8. Except there is too many games so I doubt I will ever finish them all, though I at least want to complete a large chunk.

That said, Blood is an absolute blast. I assume you're using BloodGDX right?

The user was probably thinking of moors or something close to portugal. It's kind of how niggers can't differentiate between Germans, French, kikes, polish and italian men and just calls them all white. It's a lack of interest in said differences, if anything.

I bet you weren't crouching through the game.

It's a 1440P PNG

What are you using to get it looking decent at 1440P? I played it on DOSBox a while ago but when I tried to set it up recently it just felt wrong, wouldn't mind playing it again.

Yeah I am. How lucky of me to not play this game for 20 years and for that to come out 7 months ago. I tried DOSbox for a couple of maps then switched over right afterwards.

I was if it meant hiding behind boxes or counters. Do you mean in other situations like the cultists do? I'll try it out next time I play it.

Yeah, I took the screenshot through the game (not print screen) and it saved that image. Didn't realize it was 14 MB.
moddb.com/games/blood/news/bloodgdx-a-blood-sourceport-released

Do you think this is reddit?

Cool this works well, is there any way to adjust FOV? I'm used to 110 or so default FOV feels really bad.

i started working on my backlog a day or two again by finishing gravity rush 2, which rally drags out it's god damn ending.

Not sure, the only relevant setting I see is display setup -> widescreen (on).

ok dammit FINE

0 - Atelier series
1 - Xeno series
2 - Trails series
3 - Persona series
4 - SAO series
5 - Tales series
6 - EO series
7 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series
8 - FF series
9 - DQ series
dubs - just keep playing terraria
trips - just fap and shitpost

Rollan

How can anyone still have a backlog with so few good releases the last decade?

There are still good games coming out, you just have to look for them fag
and you could always just play games made before 2007, there's enough to last you a while

Fug u nigger I shortened that backlog by one game recently

My point is that there are so fucking few games released over the last decade that you should have been able to clear a backlog the size of a damn mountain, even if you're playing all the decent new games.

Have you seen what was coming out in 1993-2003?
Literally a glut of games on every platform that would take an eternity to clear out

Yes, but you were of course clearing games as they released, weren't you user?

This, it was a bad habit for a long time.