Anybody ever played this? I remember EGM calling it a cheap Gears of War knockoff back in the day

Anybody ever played this? I remember EGM calling it a cheap Gears of War knockoff back in the day.

because it pretty much was, now the only people who acknowledge it are people who play that shitty meth addict shooter

It plays like a proto-Warframe because it's made by the same people. It's a hit or miss, depending on how you like TPS's

it was a generic tps with boomerang gimmick and really gruesome death screams. started out early in development as some kind of space-sneaking game, then became the generic modern-day military setting.

Never played the game, but I heard it was a cheap Resident Evil 4 clone, not a GoW one.

Yeah that's pretty accurate.

It plays nothing like warframe actually.

Warframe has come a long way. Compared to now they're entirely different games, but extremely early warframe wasn't too far off.

Can't argue with that, I first played wf in 2016.
It was pretty fun jumping and slashing around for a while, but got stale fast.
I can't even say which one of them is worse in the end, but they are almost opposite to each other in gameplay department.
Good space ninja game when?

Oh, so that's why they implemented that on warframe?
Everyone asked for quick draw secondary on melee mode though, so everyone got pissed anyway, fucking idiot devs.

I had hopes that Nelo would be that but it seems like an entirely different type of game.

EGM was goddamn retarded, it was a RE4 clone and the devs took what their learned from that game and got us Assframes.

With all my disgust towards canadian jews they are anything but stupid.

I'm aware it exists.
I don't have any hopes for this. If it turns out to be not complete shit, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've never it discussed in all my time on Holla Forums. A shame. It's a real gem. Glad to know that some folks on here have played it too.

why? what the fuck is this? edgy medabots?

It's one of those games that don't hold up today. Both Rengoku 1 and 2 are very fust yet clunky as hell. And even if you try to emulate them you realise that they run at 30 fps to boot, making them hard to enjoy today, espeacialy after tasting what theorhetical space ninja sim could be with warframe's controls and infinite framerate.
It's a golden nugget that never was made into anything.
Aethetics and themes are top tier though.

Dunno what medabots are, but yeah it's pretty edgy. You tear enemies' body parts off and stuck them into yourself in search for humanity.

I haven't played it in years but that sounds like it would all hail true. What a shame.
This upsets me.

It's a cover based TPS that handles very similarly to Gears (you snap into cover the same way, hold a button to sprint with minimal steering, health regen etc.) You get a boomerang that can oneshot most enemies with a headshot. Enemies are split between mutants with melee weapons that are easy as shit, STALKERs with guns that don't scream cheeki breeki and mutants that fire bullet things out of their hands. Boomerang can be thrown at fires and electricity and shit to imbue it, making it kill shit faster and solve some puzzles.

STALKERs die from pretty much everything and have some really gruesome sounding death screams if you boomerang limbs off. Mutants are massive damage sponges against guns so you pretty much have to headshot boomerang every single last one to death. You get a couple generic powers (cloak, bullet shield) that really aren't very useful. Obligatory mech rampage segment near the end.

Storyline is nonexistant. Protagonist is an edgy fuck with a shitty haircut that you have to stare at until you get a cool ass helmet around 75% through the game. The first boss in the game is a massive damage sponge - you might think you are not hurting him, but you are.

4/10 at best but if you are bored as hell it might be fun to dick around with.

Yeah. First time quit after getting to the first sewer bit because the controls felt wonky with the melee attack. Then I got an itch for something with thrown weapons and I remembered it again and played it through.

It's nothing spectacular beyond the blade-frisbee gimmick, which is kind fun to use.

You reminded me: melee attacks in this game are really weird because they actually do quite a bit of damage but 50% of the time the enemy doesn't react to it.

Like, you see blood spilled, they take damage, but there is no reaction from them whatsoever, whilst the other 50% of the time they stumble.

the PC port was trash, but I liked the concept. maybe better on the PS360

always thought this game oozed with style and atmosphere… plus it felt like the closest we were going to get to a guyver game

You could say this about pretty much every game out there.

You never played MDK, son?

It never clicked with me.
Cool armor design at least.

It's more of a RE4 knock off with a light toku element.

after playing it for a bit I gotta say, you hit the nail on the head. It's the definition of mediocrity. It isn't horrible, but it doesn't really excell in any areas. The boomerang idea can be kind of neat, like when you're under fire and throw it to retrieve a weapon you want, yet it still isn't amazing. It's weird to find a game so lukewarm.