Gravity Rush Thread: The Final Katdown Edition

Taking photos? Sending challenges? Hunting treasures? The servers for GR2 will be shutting down next month around the 19th so get those Tokens while you can.

With all the good weebshit coming at the beginning of the year, I didn't spend much time with this game and it always took a backseat. Back for some serious quality time with it and I'd like to ask if anyone has some pointers for gitting gud at shifting. For the most part, I use stasis and just chuck crap at enemies but I feel that's denying what the game is about. This game is odd; while it feels simple for the most part, there are moments where it makes it clear that the game is handling the player with kid gloves and when they come off, it's a different beast entirely.
I recently started doing the trench mine which is kinda like the Dark Realm in Onimusha - a set of small layers (50 total, apparently) with enemies to dispatch that gets progressively harder. Only at the sixth and I'm already getting my ass kicked, apparently buffed bosses from the main story appear down the line. My other question is about said mines - apparently they only become accessible when you get a gravity storm in progress message but, from what I gathered, that only happens every 20 or so hours. Anyone know how that stuff works?

Anyway, feel free to discuss the series. Gameplay, characters, music, world, favorite moments etc.
I don't think a GR3 will happen but I hope the team gets together for another project. The director's got a knack for messing with the player's expectations when it comes to unexpected horror (he did work on the original SH, after all).

Other urls found in this thread:

vk.com/c_artbook?w=wall-72244961_333/all
vk.com/c_artbook
vk.com/vgartbooks
gematsu.com/2018/01/gravity-rush-2-online-services-shutdown-delayed-july-19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was going to use this thread as a pretext to ask if anyone got a hold of a scanned artbook but did a little search beforehand and was fortunate enough to strike gold. Here's a late X-mas present no anyone interested:
vk.com/c_artbook?w=wall-72244961_333/all

Tried asking in a thread earlier this week that mark deleted for whatever reason, but are the tokens in GR2 outright locked to (paid) online multiplayer, or is it just a much faster way to acquire them? Either way, it seems silly Sony has such little faith in games/series they themselves own (contrast Atlus leaving Demons' Souls servers up since 2009). And not just in regard to Gravity Rush either.

What do you expect from a faggot who literally made a thread of him eating a dick cake

Technically, you can get tokens offline but (and it's a Kardashian-sized "but"), they're very luck based and won't help you at this point. Essentially, you can find treasure chests around the world just like the ones in the hunts but they take a lot hours to respawn and, again, there's the process of actually finding one. Find one and take its photo, that should net you some tokens (I think 80 atm).
They're essentially a online component. I've read some elaborate schemes to farm them offline by means of clone accounts sending challenges between them but it doesn't seem to work. Currently, the drop rate has been increased but there's no word of a post-server plan. Might be wishful thinking but they might drop the rewards as free DLC; all the DLC for this game has been free and the Token rewards are photo items, house decorations, a couple of gestures and 3 costumes (with 2 just being variations from the first game).
Maybe people might be able to get everything in 20 days but they'd need to play the game all the time until the servers are shut.

you can get them without ps+. i have a ps4 and dont pay for ps+. the challenges and stuff dont require them, but you have to atleast have a base account.

the fastest way i did it was to take pictures in funny/popular places. like the center of town. look for visible locations. then rate others pictures. rating theirs gives you tokens. challenges arent worth it but give you a big reward. treasure hunting is probably the fastest way. just send a ton out and take good pictures.

i maxed mine out pretty quick. i'll probably log in a week or 2 just to "collect" just to be sure i got everything. im pretty sure i have.

(check'n double dub's)
still need to play through the Raven DLC

you do not need PSN to do the GR2 multiplayer

He actually ate a nigger cock cake?
Whatever little respect I had left has now evaporated.

When did that happen? And when asked in a meta thread after he'd deleted that thread, he didn't remember why exactly he'd purged it, other than it perhaps being a low effort OP (which doesn't necessarily mean the thread itself can't generate value itself).

I don't have a PS4 myself at the moment, and while I am looking to get one in the future (still trying to determine what make/HDD size), paid online isn't exactly what I'd call a plus to the system (after the PS2 and PS3 having had online for free), so I'm going to wager I'm not going to be meeting the deadline for the servers still being up. That said, is the increased earn rate only in regards to the online related acquisition, or might it be patched permanently to what options for tokens you can get offline are as well?

Also, thanks for the artbook link.

Really? From what I'd remembered hearing of the PS4, online functionality was supposed to be paid on the user end to access. Is it more a decision of the publisher as to whether or not their game warrants it?

The Candle that Burns Twice as Bright, Burns Half as Long.

Never played. Does the multiplayer effect shit other than 100% the game?

Delvool Mines included?

The token reward rate has been inconsistent with some ups and downs. IIRC it was very low during the first months; I think I finished the game before I even bothered with it. Again, not sure if the devs have a plan come January 19.
I didn't mention it but other anons are right, PS+ is not required for the online functions.

Side note, I'm currently scavenging around the site I found this GR artbook. There's some good stuff like BB, P5 etc. I'm always kvetching there's no good vidya artbook sites as there used to be, I guess this is a start.
vk.com/c_artbook
vk.com/vgartbooks

As someone who does not have PSN and owns the game, I can confirm with 100% certainly that you do not need to pay for the online services.

Consider the retard paywall a blessing. The funny thing is, they actually think the paywall is keeping the undesirables OUT. Holy Jesus, it's like watching a bunch of shit-flinging apes at a zoo sitting around smugly thinking the bars around them are there to keep the humans out.

There's a few games worth playing on the PS4, but they're all pretty much single-player. Gravity Rush, Future Tone, Bloodborne, Yakuza, etc. If you're wondering what kind of hardware to get - just get the cheapest one possible. Seriously, the "Pro" is just a scam - like selling niggers tennis shoes that inflate. Unless you fell for the 4k and VR marketing horse shit, there's literally no point in spending the extra cash. Even then, PSVR is garbage with no games - if you're going to buy it, you'd be much better off hooking it up to your PC. And 4k isn't even 4k, it's just upscaled from 2k or some shit.

Thanks for the heads up. Going to dig around in there some myself; maybe they've got the Baten Kaitos artbook (seen photos of it before, but have been unable to find full scans thus far).

I see, thanks.

Yeah, from what I've read, the Pro would be of no real use to me visually since I just have an old Vizio that I doubt could handle 4k (or simulated 4k, or whatever Sony calls it), and then there's the apparent framerate instability as a tradeoff with those models. I've heard that aside from size there's not much difference between the fat PS4s and slim ones so I'll probably wind up with one of those.

Bring back Kat! Gravity Rush 3 now or riot!

Dang it! Meant to spoiler, not sage.

Gotta endorse that Yakuza endorsement. Yakuza 0 was my GOTY. Poor Kat never stood a chance.

The goyim are beasts who love the taste of the lash. Give them free DLC and online components that don't require subscription and they run off in terror.

read the fucking thread. The Online shit was free, and was hardly a big deal. The only lose really was the comfy Hide-and-seek Treasure hunt and the Dusty Token unlockables. The other online stuff was just racing against other payers in the side-quest which was not really that interesting tbh. The solution is to just download a save file with the Dusky Token unlocks after you finishing the main story of the game. I am sure someone will be more then willing to share.

Obligatory.
Post more kat if you have.

Was one of my favourite games of the year thats for sure

Don't make a coalburner of me, God damn it.

Is there a way to tweak downloaded PS4 save file backups at this point? Assuming they're supposed to be locked to the creator's PSN/system the way PS3 saves were, I mean (PS3 having some editing program to change the creator, and a CFW setting that avoids the issue altogether, if memory serves).

Literally just finished 100%'ing Gravity Rush 1. Really liked it, though I wish there was actual post-game content since the final upgrades to your abilities were only unlocked after the final mission and there was nothing to use them on. I guess I'll start on Gravity Rush 2 after a day to let everything properly sink in. God damn is Kat cute. She is made for bullying.

Fantastic thanks user, the artbook will be a great wrap up/build up before I start on the second game.

Why no love for Kali? Sure, she's a total cunt whose final form is third wave feminism but that Barbarella perm really gets my motor running. She just wanted to protect her imouto.
Shame we never got a Angels DLC.

Not sure if the GR1 save data is enough or if you need its DLC, but it oughta net you some extra outfits for GR2.

Can you still get physical of GR1?
Is the game fun?
Is Kat a cute?

I own a physical copies of the Remastered PS4 version, so you probably can get it used. The first game is Comfy, the second game has higher highs but seem to be padded out with a ton of side quest that dramatically vary in quality. So the first game is more consistently comfy game play but its too short. Where as the second game has a few parts that are tedious at times, and it sorta is dragged out too long but overall its a better game. However, they are not stand alone, You really need to play the first game to appreciate the second games story because its a direct sequel.

Right now until the 9th of next month the digital copy for gr1 is $11.99 for ps+ members and the digital copy for gr2 is about $23. Get those if you cant afford a physical version for some reason.

Better go play them then. Unlike almost every other freakin' dev blows their load on the trailers but here they did a good job keeping the big surprises hidden and are they ever plenty.

IMHO suffers a bit for the portions where it tries to be AssCreed (tailing) or MGS (stealth) and I'd say Jirga Para Lhao is not as well designed for shifting around as Hekseville.
Now that I'm doing Delvool, I'm starting to see why they dared stray from the core formula in the main game because there is plenty of it outside the story but that also has its problems which is how Delvool and the storms are timed and their occurrence can be random and in Delvool, if you exit or get killed there, you can't repeat it and have to wait for the next available session. Feels like those games where you have to pay to circumvent the cooldown but they're not making a penny out of this which is what makes it odd.

There's your answer.

I want the composer for this game to work on the next banjo kazooie

We had some great video game music but GR2 had some of the best.

I had put this game on the backburner for awhile because of whatever reason and finally went and finished all the side missions and the main story last night. The ending dragged on for little while too long. Dunno if i feel like getting all golds right now or doing mine stuff. As for dusty tokens i'm about halfway there but i'm not getting more treasure hunts or challenges coming in right now

a shame.

If you've yet to beat gravity rush 2, and by beat it I mean the additional episodes after the credits roll, you owe it to yourself to do so because the game is at its best in those final moments.

I'll probably play a little more tonight to help out others with the token stuff by taking/rating photos and treasure hints. Makes me sad to see things ending this way

bless you user.

same here

sadly. At least we can take our own photos and share them here still. my main regret is not pre-ordering the game to get that gorgeous White Gravity Shifter outfit.

these are nice photos

Reminder that Kat is a French shitskin with a nigger boyfriend.

やりまん

That part when Satan Rudolph slapped Kat's shit all the way back to the PSP, everything is fire and then, out of nowhere, people come out singing "A Cue aun Tu Oi" gave me the chills. I know it's meant to be uplifting but the a capella music combined with the imagery gave everything a very eerie vibe.
These games are really good at delivering these unexpected moments. People think they're in for comfy waifu adventures but then shit gets weird and creepy really fast.

One thing where I felt they dropped the ball with was 'Angel'. It's my favorite track but I think they should have added a couple of remixes like a more upbeat version for the fight with Kali and a creepy Moog synthesizer version for mutated Kali. For me, the song is at its best when they're inside the sphere freezing Hekseville it complements that moment just beautifully.

I'm glad I didn't support this trash

As for photos…

The ending was beautiful to me, and a lot of the imagery definitely was a strong reminder that yes, the guy who directed gravity rush did indeed direct the first silent hill and the siren games.

I'm excited to see his next project and I'm really happy Sony greenlit a sequel to a game which seemed like it would never get one. I'm annoyed they botched the marketing for it, however.

I'm currently giving horizon zero dawn a try and I miss Kat all too much. I'm tired of this fridgewoman who has no personality except snarky professionalism. She's not fun, she's not interesting, and while kat is a bit stereotypically airheaded at times, it all works to make her fun to be around in the end. The funny thing is in the earlier development the player character in horizon was designed to be more curious and expressive.

you're to blame :^)

playing games online is pretty much integrating with cancer willingly

that was supposed to be the pleasure quarter from gravity rush but I'm not deleting it

Just remember son, nobody will miss you when you are gone.

fuck off retard

From what I know of it, at least in North America, Sony did a limited print run of the PS4 version of the first game, rendering it rather hard to find and a bit pricy (PAL copies seem somewhat cheaper as an import, but I assume potential for save bonuses in GR2 would look for saves of the same region from GR1). Should be a surplus of the Vita original though from people "trading up".

there is a big role that consumers have in determining the success of products, but that's not a discussion fit for this thread (or likely this board)

yes, but not the making of products, consumers couldn't have possibly stopped GR2 from having a shit online mode and then having it shut down within a year. thats entirely the retarded devs fault. so good job devs you killed your own new IP

nigger its just a few dresses for your dolly, you aren't missing anything important. Stop being such a whinny pansy. If you really want the costumes for your moppet then just ask someone nicely for a save file. For example google "MGSIV Camouflage", I'm sure you can still download that crap even though the server went down years ago.

this is actually directly the responsibility of consumers to determine the fate of

And some people still think Sony is "4 the Players". How much overhead could keeping GR2's meager online mode alive actually cost? There's assholes running PSO private servers out of their bedrooms that probably go through more bandwidth than what GR2 takes up. Jesus, the photos for showing off and treasure hunts are the most intense that thing has going, and their filesizes are fuck-all.

What, did Dave down in accounting need his Chromebook back or something?

Does anyone actually pay for Sony's Multiplayer extortion scheme? How does it feel to pay in like, what $8 a month, just to have Sony kill such a minor service that they have to pay for - on a gaming network that's almost entirely peer to fucking peer. Enjoy those PS+ price hikes you kike chodes.

I wish we banned people who are this shit at english.

==JOHJ=

Apart from the lack of punctuation the sentence is perfectly fine. This isn't /a/, maybe you should consider going back.

AAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
*shifts gravity*
SO HOL UP HOL UP
*is abused by the locals*
SO U BE SAYIN
*kicks Nevi*
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
*eats a donut*
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
*trusts unconditionally*
U BE SAYIN
*runs errands*
HOL UP HOL UP
*gets played like a fiddle*
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
*drops skewer*
SO U BE SAYIN
*overthrows local dictatorship*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
*supports local businesses*
WE WUZ
*slides up world pillar*
FINNA WE WUZ
*falls down world pillar*
AYYYOO HOL UP WE WUZ
*is abused by a different set of locals*
SO WE WUZ
*crosses three cities in a single jump*
SO U SAYIN WE WUZ
*is wanted by the local authorities*
SOM FINNA
*inspires everyone she meets*
SO WE WUZ
*gets played like a fiddle again*
SOM FINNA
*pigs out with Raven*
AYYYOO SOM FINA
*saves the day*
HOL UP
bumps topic
WE WUZ
*smiles for the camera*
GRAVITY KWINZ N' SHIIEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!

happy new year, gravity kat

what are the chances of an update a day before the servers go down that unlcoks all the dusty token rewards?

She's starting well, just Platinum'ed GR2. After the chore repeat of Ch19 to max her abilities, was lucky to get the last giant Nevi for Rift Hunter and the very last was Event Horizon because it took me a bit to realize you're supposed to mash Triangle to expand the black hole.

I'd say likely. The rewards aren't all that special; of the three costumes, two are GR1 variations and the other is the very first alternate she wears in-game.
Incidentally, I'm close to 10K tokens. The rate got really juiced up.

Anyway, wish you shifters a good 2018. Vidya aside, 2017 was rather unpleasant for me so I won't be asking much.

How many dusty tokens do you need to unlock everything? From what I remember in a previous thread an user said about 6K, was that correct?

I'm about a third of the way through I think and jesus the interactions between Kat and Raven are so cute and precious.

Yes.

10 - Upside-Down Man Photo Item
100 - "Salute" Gesture
300 - Worker Costume
500 - Miner's Technique Talisman
1000 - Traffic Cone Photo Item
2000 - School Uniform 1.0 Costume
3000 - Fisher's Recipe Talisman
4000 - "You There" Gesture
5000 - Shifter 1.0 Costume
6000 - Unlimited Potential Talisman

Okay so i played both games and had a blast, so much so that I was MIA from Holla Forums for about 4-6 days.
Both of the games were amazing but the main thing that bothered me was the massive gaping plotholes in the stroy that no one seems to talk about. Or is it all explained in the wiki or something?
Is the game intentionally trying to be ambiguous? I was just hoping for GR2 to wrap EVERYTHING up by the end (which they really tried right before it ended) but I don't feel like it did for me.
I wanted so much more but I feel like I didnt get enough

Also Yunica is second best girl.

Why the fag localizers bastardized the game bv renaiming Kitun to Kat.

SPOILERS
I wonder what it would be like to explore the top of the pillar. That was another thing that bothered me about the games. You get to finally go there but you are stuck in a few tiny rooms the entire time. Were the devs strapped for time or something? Is that why so much was probably missing?

i havent gotten around to playing Gravity rush 2, whats up with the servers going down?

What plot holes are you talking about. Their is only one I can think off off the top of my head and that didn't make too much sens is Syd being Alias all along

There's a lot of weird crap going on and I agree more development on almost everything was needed but can't seem to think of any particular plothole besides that's kind of a headscratcher, especially taking the first game into consideration. Story has a shitload of deus ex machinae but that's a different issue
There was a animated short that serves as a prelude to GR2 (embed related). Not sure if there's other non-game stuff that adds to the story.

Makes Kali look pleasant and agreeable by comparison. Her theme is my favorite track in the first game though.

The game probably fared too poorly to maintain them, which might be saying something since the online components are minimal - treasure hunts, photo sharing and sending out challenge mission scores to other players. Doing these nets you tokens and getting certain numbers of them earns you a reward (listed in ).
All the DLC for this game has been free, the online elements don't require PS+ and any other asshole would fleece people for the last chapter but these people went full good guy dev in [CURRENT YEAR +2] but it didn't avail them much.

so without online ill miss out on costumes? get a better hurry up before that happens

Costumes and a couple of things that make collecting gems and fucking around a little easier. You may find that treasure hunts and photos provide a more reliable way to get tokens in the early game, but as you progress you should find challenges get easier to win, so it's worthwhile to accept and submit them when you can

I've been wondering if the numbers for Raven's DLC were a significant factor actually. Not a lot of people have bothered to finish it, going by trophy stats.

I haven't finished the Raven DLC but that's because I've been putting all my time into as much online shit as possible. If it wasn't closing, I'd have done everything else in the game a long time ago.

Shifter 1.0 and School Uniform 1.0 are variations of the default and schoolgirl costume from the first game. Worker is the shorts and white shirt and nipples.

Personally, I think some of the better ones are the GR1 DLC set you get for having GR1 save data (Military, Catsuit and Maid).

How did everyone find the challenge missions by the way? Too easy? Too reliant on talismans? Any top percentiles? Tips and tricks for highscore artists?
I was able to get gold on all but two when they popped up; the first sliding race and the box stealing challenge. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get gold in each challenge without any talismans, though the top spots in the leaderboard for races necessitates them I guess. My best spot is on one of the Lunar or Sliding races, something like 643.

On another note, what do you think Toyama will do next?

I got gold on every single challenge relatively easily. The sliding race challenges are easy as long as you use jupiter style and for the box stealing challenge you can keep on stealing boxes if you get caught, you just have to run around and avoid getting surrounded or getting hit by missiles while tossing the boxes. I managed to get 3.7k on that challenge by doing just that.

Some were pretty frustrating but I think the challenges in GR2 are overall easier than the ones in GR1, especially compared to the DLC ones. Infernal Rift Health Race is serious business.

As for Toyama, no clue. His portfolio's all over the place.
Snatcher (1994) Graphic designer
International Track & Field (1996) Character designer
Silent Hill (1999) Director, writer, background designer
Siren (2003) Director, writer
Forbidden Siren 2 (2006)Director, designer, writer
Siren: Blood Curse (2008) Director, designer, writer
Gravity Rush (2012) Director, designer, original concept, initial story
Gravity Rush Remastered (2015) Director, designer, original concept, initial story
Gravity Rush 2 (2017) Director, designer

Bar IT&F, they all got some sort of horror element so maybe that will also be a theme in his next project.

Can't they just release a patch to unlock all the costumes?

Could be some idea that doing so might devalue the costumes for those that had to work at it. Though, I suppose somewhere out there, there's someone already mad about the pre-shutdown increased drop rates.

Yeah, but fuck those retards. I've had enough save files corrupt to know better than to assume that my data has any sort of permanence. Even shit you have backed-up… you could lose track of the thumb drive or it could fail or become incompatible with future firmwares/systems itself if enough time passes between the last use and some future corruption. Not to mention that sometimes you purposefully just want to clear the slate and start a game over again from scratch, and with no way to carry the data over, you pretty much have to have some kind of unlock patch once the servers are down.

she's so precious

True. Part of why while I don't mind games having multiplayer elements, I don't like having stuff that could be considered to count towards 100% completion locked to it. Especially if said multiplayer is online oriented and thus needs servers to remain accessible, rather than being handled on a local basis. And cases like the costumes here aren't the same as DLC, where with, say, a CFW PS3, you can have at all the DLC you want, limited preorder only stuff included, by downloading packages from the internet and installing them. This stuff's going to be unobtainable for fresh runs eventually because SCE's too lazy/cheap to leave them up (contrast Atlus leaving Demon's Souls online up for eight or nine years, with the PS3 having full free online too no less).

At least rename your shit, or use something like iqdb to get it from a source with less stigma for being shit. Just saying.

>spoonfeeding newfags etiquette instead of shaming them
get the fuck out of here commie faggot

Yeah. I can't even think of her switching to Jupiter gravity while doing cowgirl without feeling a little guilty.
I'm surprised how faithful to the source material her 2B costume is.

Is there any way to spawn gravity disturbances? The only trophy I have left is to kill the 5 giant nevi and the one I need will not pop up.

Don't think so. Two random ones pop up every 20h or so (along with two "doors" do Delvool). Likely some ill-thought idea of getting people to boot the game every day.

Why even live?

Why even live?

Why even double post?

I just finished the game and wow was it fun. Also nice that most of the sidequests felt unique. We are never going to get a 3rd are we?

I honestly have no idea how that got posted twice.

Gravity Rush doesn't need a third game. If people missed out on the franchise, then fuck them, they don't deserve Kat. The games accomplished all they set out to accomplish except for sales and the only thing left is to fuck it up for the sake attracting casual mouth breathers.

Let Kat go out on a high note.

I'd say the story reached a satisfactory conclusion with the heroic sacrifice to seal primordial darkness, everything after that would look like small fry.
I'd say it's like Bloodborne - doesn't need a sequel but a DLC or two would be welcome. In GR's case, I'd say go with side stories for the other characters - Raven, Alias, the Angels and Yunica/Permet.

I'd say I have a serious problem with verbal crutches.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't put in a Raven mode like how Vergil plays in DMC3SE - remove the cutscenes and just let the player go through the campaign with the character.
The good thing about Yunica is that they don't really need to make any sizable alterations to the basic formula or make special areas for her.
The Angels would probably be trickier because of Kali that would likely be a mixture of Lunar and Jupiter with big leaps with a lot of weight behind them but that could easily be circumvented if they did something like a tag system to simultaneously swap between them on the fly (maybe with the touch pad) and fly around with Durga. I guess Kali could get a combat buff with the shift bar (maybe the blade hands) while the others could work like Kat and use it for flight.

Sorry.
In GR2, he has a lot of behind the scenes things happening. Alias campaign could be that. He'd probably have to be very different in terms of gameplay, but the game does have stealth elements and they could probably elaborate on that.

Would it touch upon the Council Question?

I want more gameplay. These are my favorite games of the last decade, but while I like the story, it is not the draw for me. They have an original and super fun gameplay style here and I want to see more of it.

Is there any other way to play this besides on a PS4 or a Vita?
Because I'd really not buy a console just for these games but I really wanna play them.
No PC release or a sequel for other consoles have been announced? Not even an emulator?

no to all your questions
just get a cheap ps4. you can probably get one for around 175 and there's bound to be more games you'll want to play.

Just finished Kat's story in GR2. Was this game rushed in development or did they run out of money? The game goes at a fairly slow pace (I did have to start over from chapter 10 so that probably didn't help) and then the last six or so missions it goes straight to supersonic. Am I missing key story details by not having played the first game? The ending really threw me for a loop, but I can't tell if it was that it was rushed or just that I didn't play GR1.

that's the problem, import an asian-english copy
any way, the game is arranged like an anime, episodically. You can't look at it like a stream of events because the story isn't built that way, but rather as a series of arcs.

Yes. Alias plays a big role in the first game, it starts hinting at Kat's past and Raven plays a bigger role (that plotline is solved with the GR2 DLC).

Cheeky bump with under appreciated Morrigan knock-off.

I didnt like those 2 bosses, they both looked like leauge of legends characters and the story during that part of that DLC was super cheesy and pretty much went from shonen anime tier to just going full retard by the end. The first parts were really good though, especially when you play as loli raven.

I do agree they're kinda "out there" compared to the rest of the cast and Lumino's even weirder looking (I admit I liked the airplane sounds because it was just so cheesy). Another thing is that they look like they were drawn by a different artist, they don't seem to have the same smooth lines as everyone else. Again, I think it's more noticeable with Lumino.

It was frustratingly annoyingly but I liked the idea behind Raven's end boss, how it carried all the objects from her memories.

Yup. I initially planned to go into GR2 without having played the first game, but I'm very glad that I didn't do that. Both mechanically and story-wise, there's a lot of stuff in GR2 that's quite hard to appreciate if you haven't played the first game.
Did you find and speak to the four Shining Girls throughout Hekseville? If you haven't played the first game, the chapters that come after doing that won't feel anywhere near as satisfying as if you had, but there's a lot more story to be done after the credits roll for the first time regardless.

What is the name of this character? Google Image Search returns nothing.

It's Kat in an unlockable outfit

So I just started grinding tokens today how fucked am I and what is the fastest way to get them.

You got about 8 days left. The 1.0 costumes aren't anything special so unless it's a completionist thing, you're not missing out. You only need 300 for the one original alternate which you can get in 2 or 3 treasure hunts.
Put up a lot of photos for review, do every treasure hunt you receive and send a hint photo once you get it and try your luck at any challenge you receive. I think you could get to 3000-4000; I got about 3000 during the last week and a half.
Good luck.

Play every day and do all the challenges and photo hunts you can. I got all the unlockables in like six days of playing, but was significantly slowed down by periods when i didn't get any challenges or photo hunts. If you have a period like this, take photos and send them to people. It also doesn't hurt to actually beat the game because that will unlock more challenges (and locations for photo hunts)

The online services shutdown for Gravity Rush 2, previously planned for January 19, has been delayed to July 18 at 10:00 p.m. PT / July 19 at 1:00 a.m. ET / 5:00 a.m. UTC / 14:00 JST, according to an in-game notification.

When services are terminated, the following features will be inaccessible:
Sending and receiving Challenges
Viewing the rankings
Sending and receiving Treasure Hunts
Sending, receiving, and reviewing Photo Ghosts
Obtaining Dusty Tokens, as well as its rewards

gematsu.com/2018/01/gravity-rush-2-online-services-shutdown-delayed-july-19

Sweet. I better pick up where I left off.

AMAZING

Thank you based Team Siren.

So where is the cheapest place to buy it from? I'm seeing nothing but $40 as the lowest everywhere I look.

I know its highly doubtful but does anyone think Raven should be the protagonist of Gravity Rush 3?
I remember the director saying that Gravity Rush 2 is the end of the Kat Saga, so he should start a new saga with Raven.

its still a bit of an expensive game it seems, it might be one that ends up being pretty expensive. I'd say check ebay, try to get a copy for $30.

It probably didn't sell well enough for stores to overstock and need to liquidate fast. You'd probably be luckier if Sony put it up for sale in psn.

great now I have plenty of time I can just leisurely check in once a day and do any hunts I get, easily get the full 6000.

It regularly goes for €20 on PSN sales while the lowest store price in these parts seems to be €30.

It got a little bit more expensive on amazon so I went ahead and got it from a local shop for $37. Gonna start playing as soon as I finish the first one.

A little pricier but at least you got a extension to get the tokens at a leisurely pace.

Some plotholes/questions that I still have are:
What do Kat and Raven remember about their trip to the bottom of the world pillar since after the DLC the children were never down there in the first place?
What's Raven's new origin?
Since there are multiple world pillars are they in their own separate worlds/dimensions or just separated from eachother by large physical distances?
What is the status of D'nelica and Yuri's army? Are they still in hiding?
Who was the Other Girl? Kat's mom or relative?
Did Raven really see Kat? Was that just a projection like what Elektricitie did?

The only challenge that gave me trouble in GR1 was the infernal race. In GR2 the box stealing one, timed battle in Endestria, and Poterie's race all gave me trouble. Poterie's race in particular gave me nightmares trying to get the gold for it. I think I've only managed to get gold on the race 3 or 4 times.

How far has everyone gone into the Delvool trench? How do you get gud at photo taking?

Kat > Sachy > Raven > Cecie > Permet > Yunica > Durga > Lisa > Aki >>> Kali

Other girl probably wasn't anything important it seems
She doesn't say anything nor have real personality to her so I'd say she's just there for the sake of being a challenge

Yuri and Adreaux appear in the last part of GR2, I think it's implied they return after Brahman buys the farm.
The Other might be a fusion of Kat and Raven; IIRC they hint at some points they may be two halves of the same person. Raven's gotta be from Eto at least, given she has a guardian.

I was wondering what happened to Yuri's army after that happened. Wait until you get to level 26 of Delvool. You unlock Raven to mine gems and talismans, though it is a shame they didn't extend that to the rest of the game.

Just finished the game and have obtained all of the collectibles. The only thing left to do is the Delvool Trench. This game was an absolute gem, the design, the art, the music, and the gameplay were all great. I wasn't ready for the epilogue episode, suddenly relaxing from the fast paced episodes before it and just flying around town catching up with people you've met across your journey was when everything properly sunk in and the feels got me hard. Kat and Raven are absolutely adorable together.

Sounds interesting. Just a shame that the damn thing is designed to only give you about two shoots at it per day. Unless I'm missing something, of course.

That comic page looks like it was deliberately planned to keep us guessing about how cybernetic Yunica is by keeping the right hand and legs out of view.