Just finished bloodborne. If this is the supposed standard for these souls games then hot damn what a mess...

Just finished bloodborne. If this is the supposed standard for these souls games then hot damn what a mess. Every boss is a clusterfuck scribble of a design that jumps around shrieking and swiping at shit wildly. Every normal enemy is either a big dude with a big weapon, a big animal or a sneaky bastard that slits your throat from behind. Enemy NPC's just dodge around with their gun's trigger glued down on full auto. The world design is fantastic and the combat mechanics are tight and fun, but the game desperately fights off any semblance of good times with another screaming asshole piercing my eardrums and swiping my candy ass into orbit.
I hear the DLC is even harder and I have to ask if it's actually more difficult or just more bullshit.

Also souls thread I guess

No, Bloodborne is not the standard for Souls games. It's so far removed from the Souls games that many take offense to the name "Soulsborne" for the "genre". It already has a genre, it's called action-RPG

are you telling me that bloodborne is the darksouls of action-RPGs?

Very low energy
>>>/cuckchan/

Speaking of Bloodborne, I've got a question. I'm looking into getting a PS4 in the near future, and being aware of most of From's recent games having eventual "complete" versions where applicable (obviously Demons' Souls has remained complete from the beginning), I've been looking to see if Bloodborne has a release like that to watch out for too. However, the only types I've seen in stores around here is the basic release, and looking on Amazon, it seems like Europe at least got a physical complete edition, but that's the only one that shows up that seems to have a physical for western languages. Did SCEA tell burgers "fuck you, buy DLC separately" for whatever reason?

Sounds like you are just bad at it, but if its your first souls game thats gonna be expected. For people used to them BB is pretty easy bar some dlc bosses and its all about dodging and regain.

I know I'm bad at it, but some things like paarl and vicar amilia are so chaotic and annoying they even break the camera. I can't tell what I'm looking at half the time until I get smacked like a bitch.

Glad to see despite being so confident it was bait you still popped in to reply. If you want to epic downvote someone's post so bad go back to reddit.

Glad to see despite being so confident you are right you still popped in to reply to his shitpost. If you want to shit your own threa up so bad go back to cuckchan.

Also Amelia is my waifu.

Glad to see my own shitposting being flung right back at me reminding me we never evolved past apes.

I enjoy Bloodborne, but shit like that always pisses me off. I shouldn't be able to bury my canesword up to the fucking handle in a creature's face and not even have it blink at me before unleashing a combo on me.

You need to know when to play unlocked, have fun

Holy fuck faggot, why don't you read what I said. What is replying to that user gonna do except make your very own thread of lesser quality?

That's actually a good tip, son. The camera sperging out along with the enemies has gotten me spanked a good few times. If I ever get around to playing this fucker again you might have spared me some blood pressure spikes.

Thanks ma dude.

It doesn't do anything, retard. That's the point. If you're so autistic you can't handle a few retarded posts in a thread what are you doing on this board? But don't worry furfriend, you're all gonna get gassed one day.

The only thing I can see from the outset that's disappointing about BB is the relative low numbers of weapons. I'll have to actually play it to say anything beyond that.

No it eggs him on to continue shitting up your thread. kinda like what we're doing now

It also applies to the other games if you get to them. There are some critical hits and the like that just aren't feasible with lock on.

>>>/cuckchan/

Got to agree. The game is incredibly overrated. It's only given the credit that it gets because it's made by From. If it wasn't made by them then it would be passed over as a generic dungeon crawler.

It's funny how people bitch that Dark souls 2's world isn't interesting and yet most of Blood borne takes place in a generic brown and grey city and never explores much beyond that.

It's not a terrible game but it's basically just souls fans jerking off that it's a souls game rather than anything special on it's own

Still here, huh?

DS3 had this too, a lava demon boss that just shat all over the camera of the game.

DS1 had a few too.

How to make a space marine.
Shrink the head of the character to 0
Scale up chest to 100
Scale up arms to 100
Scale up legs to 100
Shrink abdomen to 0
Now you just gotta find some fucking bulky armor. Shame you can't change the height so you're actually more physically imposing but the things you fight. Fucking japs just can't allow that to happen.

Only for dark souls 3 and Dark souls 1 DLC

I prefer BB's attitude towards weapons to that of the Souls games. All of them, bar the Saw Cleaver & Saw Spear and Kirkhammer & Ludwig's Holy Sword, have unique movesets and they all have their own uses to the point where it's difficult to call any of them bad. The Wheel was my favourite and even though it wasn't that good overall, it still has that absolutely bonkers transformed dashing R1 attack that you could probably solo the game with. I'll take that sort of thing over, say, DaS3's gorillion different swords that are all worse than the basic longsword.

He's right though. The bosses all look like a bunch of autistically flailing black kids. They took too much influence from Manus.
It's still a good game but the "le fast combat 360 noshield gameplay" isn't what the series should be.

Bloodborne is good
The standard for souls games is to be generally mediocre overall and kinda bad at points due to everything past dark souls dlc sucking itself off for reddit praise

Shields have always been for retards

Yes but that doesn't excuse the attempt to make BB into a spectacle fighter.

Its not and basically you are an idiot

The Beast bosses are shit in BB.

I think BB is pretty overrated, probably in part due to the exclusivity. It's a good game, and I can see why some would say they prefer or favor it over the Souls games, but the enemies are just annoying spammers with massive damage most of the time. What's even worse is a lot of the bosses are huge, and even turning off the lock-on doesn't always help see what is going on when one of them chimps out. I don't know about the DLC, but if you want more stuff to do you could check out the Chalice dungeons. I had a good amount of fun in those before they got boring.

Human bosses have always been the better ones. That’s why people always bring up Gascoigne/Gehrman/Maria as the best bosses. Hell, even Micolash is good for a giggle the first time around.

Good joke. Just because they didn't add anything doesn't mean nothing was missing.

So it's Lovecraftian?

I feel bad for faggots not inherently great at Souls and Bloodborne, like me. Likewise for homo dickbutts who don't play blind and lap thirstily at the internet for the ejaculations of the trailblazers that broke the game's hymen. What a shallow xerox experience. Having essentially missed out entirely on the game thanks to their own habitual cuckdom and annexed themselves from the conquering playerbase, it's only natural that they disparage so bitterly one of the only unique, innovative and quality series to come about since the decline brought on by western AAA development. It hilarious how openly they parade their inability, likely they're too triggered by flashbacks of hammerfisting desktops and slamming gamepads to appreciate the shameful plainness with which their impotence gesticulates in the light of simple dereliction of hand and eye coordination.

GIT GUD

No, it's cyberpunk.

That's Demon's Souls.

Sounds about right.

Yes

Someone please kill Reddit.

Who the fuck was searching “giant dad” in 2007?
Or am I just reading the chart wrong?

I don't think they were searching for anything Dark Souls related.

I can think of several things that Giant Dad could mean that aren't Dark Souls related.

Go play Kings Field you fucking plebeians

Or skip out on the dilution entirely and play Ultima Underworld.

These games are only hard if you have a learning disability. A game is only actually difficult if it's impossible to improve at it. If you can get better with practice, then the game is typical easy Pay2Win with the currency being time.

Bloodborne is literally Nightmare Creatures HD.

This. Blindfags where we at? Barring ds2 because I didn't like it, I soloed every souls game blind with no summons and constant invasions.

Micolash's fun house was probably the most memorable part for me. I wish more of the bosses were a wild encounter instead of the standard 1v1 standoff.