There are young anons that didnt experience the Divine Rapture of THPS2

Can you imagine it? To never have the best game of all time in your life experiences?

What a hollow life that must be.

Other urls found in this thread:

thps-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1085
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

S H I T

G A M E

Things seem so much different now, the scene has died away.

HOLY SHIT YOU GOT TONY HAWK 2?? DUDE I'M COMING OVER

No revert, no big air? Talk about a downer.

GET OUT!

Horse on the School level and you can't be Spiderman or Darth Maul.

I call Mullen

there will be anons browsing here who grew up with the PS2/Xbox/GC as their first console and anticipated the reveal of the 7th generation as the first one they'll be around for. 10 years ago the anons who had grew up with atari and NES who felt a little out of place will be replaced with those who grew up with the genesis/SNES and playstation/saturn/n64 generation feeling out of place next.

thps2x is the best version, the grass is so fine.

What happened to skateboarding-games? I blame Skate for going the "realistic" route. It was just supposed to be fun and the reason the second Tony Hawk game was so popular at the time was because it had blood in it, but it was skateboarding so parents thought it was okay for their kids to play it.

HERE I AM
DOING EVERYTHING I CAN
HOLDING ON TO WHAT I AM
PRETENDING I'M A SUPERMAN

I pulled my first all-nighter playing this game. I pity anyone who didn't grow up with it

Can you imagine it? To never have the best game of all time in your life experiences?

What a hollow life that must be.

never played it.

That's in THPS3, THPS2 only had Spiderman, Officer Dick, and Private Carerra

THUG PRO supports custom levels and Underground Plus finally released only a few months ago, even with no more official games I think playing Tony Hawk is much better now than it was in 2012 or so.

Skate was more of a death nail for the Tony Hawk games, which were already on the decline since around THUG 2 or THAW. They probably could've survived into the 7th gen but Proving Ground was really bad and Skate came out just before it, which sealed the deal and convinced Activision to only let the franchise come out for bad gimmicks made by Robomodo.
Ironically, Skate was undone by Skate 3 abandoning all of the things that made Skate 1 and 2 so good in favor of making a soulless game with awful world design that ultimately only appealed to 13 year olds after the fact because of shit youtubers popularizing the game. Major credit to neversoft, they didn't lose that spark until Project 8, if not after they stopped making Tony Hawk games altogether, arguably.

These tbh. Though I do have a soft spot for THPS2, it simply doesn't play as well as anything that came later

I've only played THPS2 a few times in PS1 and even though I liked it, after reading a while, THPS3 seems simply better. What's the best way to play THPS3 on PC?

what happened to snow boarding games?

Young-me never stood a chance.

left hand on wasd, right hand on numpad

This one will be slightly less educated
Activision never really made an attempt at one, EA stopped believing in fun after COD4 hit, and the only other notable one from the 6th gen was amped, which microsoft killed after amped 3 underperformed, if I had to guess. That or they also stopped believing in fun.

thps-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1085
If you search around on that forum and other places you can find many different useful mods, like a widescreen mod and one that adds in levels from THPS1, 2, and 2X. I'd also recommend trying out Tony Hawk's Underground, it's a great game though quite different to what you'd be used to coming from 2.

A sad, sad day as the two Titans that go down would be SSX Tricky or 3 as it's been argued to hell and back which one is superior. In my opinion the cozy free roam in SSX3 sold me on it.
The second would have to be 1080 Avalanche as another good game in which saddens me to why Nintendo never made another one because it was honestly so solid.

I prefer Tricky, I like the zaniness and the tracks feel a little more replayable, even if there is less total. I love both games a lot though, and even the reboot from 2012. I think they're all super pretty and ultra fun games and it confuses me that there isn't more snowboarding games, since when you do them properly they're ultra gorgeous, which should still be relevant to the current market that loves pushing graphics.
Thanks for reminding me of 1080, I have the cart for my N64 but I could never get into it. It also reminded me of cool boarders and snowboard kids, though both were already pretty much dead by the time SSX rolled around and did to snowboarding what THPS2 did to skateboarding.

Anyone ever try out any of the other old late 5th gen-early 6th gen extreme sports games? I personally have a soft spot for razor freestyle scooter. I also hear a lot of good things about Dave Mirra BMX, though I never got to try it.

This was better.
Can you say custom levels?
Also Iron Man > Spider Man

THUG PRO NIGHT WHEN!?

Looking back at those shitty songs shoved into every video I hated in the 2000s I kind of enjoy them.
I spent a good 10 minutes watching that webm on loop.

Ew, fucking gross… is that a PSX game? What are you a cave man satisfied by ochre scrawlings on a rock wall? Keep that shit away from my beautiful PS4 and it's industry leading graphics and compelling progressive narratives.

What was the one where you could play as Jango Fett and jetpack infinitely above Alcatraz

it's like you don't want games to have a steep learning curve. People always bitch about console games being easy and childish but then they ignore Freakout in favor of SSX or worse: they try Freakout on console

Man, I have the best memory of that when I was playing it at a friends and he dicked me over hard with inifinite jetpacking, next round came and he tried it again so in the last five seconds or so I took a jump, did a grab, (I wanna say Melon, where you sorta stick the board way out to the side and spin like a wooden blade of divine wrath) and just crashed into him in mid air completely wiping out his tens of thousands of points combo. Motherfucker never tried that shit on me again.
Good times.

Xbox is the best version.

Ragdoll sports sims got too popular with Youtube streamers and kids got impressed from it for some weird reason.

3 has the best soundtrack

I'd be down

Fucking this.

I think a lot of people passed it up because of

that game brought everyone together, geeks and chads.

There's something about games with shitty soundtracks that I love.
Probably looking back at them in 2017 when "music" went even deeper into the shitter.

The power of being rad. Even casuals played the tony hawk games.

So here I am doing everything I can
holding on to what I am
pretending I'm a superman

I have never understood appeal of these games

Making your biggest combo while looking rad as fuck. And while doing that they also give you fun and different gamemodes, like shooting fireballs on multiplayer, time trials, low gravity and so on. The story modes are generally easy because they don't ask much of you, but I've always had a lot of fun running around the map for no reason trying to score an 1 billion points combo.
Not to mention 3D skating games are very different from 2D skating games, to the point you can say they were an entirely new genre of game that came out around the PS1 era. So they were something different to play at a time when innovation was dying.

Get the fuck out of here, Todd!

Doing stupid shit while racking up even stupider amounts of points and looking good doing it.

Obviously you've never played one. It's pure flow when you get into it.

Thrasher: Skate and Destroy is good, and you anons should play it.

I was too poor to be picky about games, but my family friend decided to give out his games to me, THPS3 just so happened to be in the bag of games, feels nostalgic man.

Should a revert really continue a combo? While I loved doing mega combos, the revert propelled the game into silly land. There is something to be said for the smaller tricks in thps2. Isn't the manual enough for a combo chaining technique? I've never been able to answer this question and just decided to love them both like two different children.

Where's the love for Airblade ?

Just when I'm sad thinking the people around me are the most retarded on earth an user drops this bomb.
Thanks.

To bad they don't make games like that anymore.

No prob

Where the fuck did they sell that game? It was never in any video game store.

I can't believe Rouge the Bat is your partner, being the word's best treasure hunter and government spy must not pay very well.