What the fuck is this

So i'm pretty up and up on new releases. You pick that shit up via media osmosis at some point i guess.
But just looking at the pisspoor PSN january sale being used to trick goys into shitty AAA flops from 2017 i saw pick related.

I have never heard of this but it says "an epic open world rpg in the style of gothic" but the people that turned into thq nordic.

Both of these screenshots from the same game. What early access cursed ju-on shit is this and how did it make retail release?
Where did this come from and has anyone heard of this shit before?

There were tons of threads about this for a month or two before release, and an occasional one for a year or so before that. Consensus I've seen is it plays like a single player MMO and isn't worth spending time on.

Did i wake up in another timeline? Just to check Scharzenegger IS president, right?

Better comparison is Risen. It's the same developers, just under a new publisher. I'd personally say that Elex is better than Risen 2 and 3, but only just barely. I managed to finish it, unlike those two games, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are just really hurting for some open world arpg grinding.

If you're a Gothic fan, Elex holds up and is absolutely worth a pirate.
I'd put it at Risen 1's level of quality.
G2 > G1 > Risen 1 = Elex > G4 CP > R3 > R2

Eh, i completed it once and forgot. Too much stuff stolen from warhammer, mass effect, madmax and practically nothing really original, even some monsters just copied from risen 3.
People call it singleplayer mmo only because you can't venture too far without leveling through questing, or you will be killed by a monster level higher than yours, so those people would probably call gothic singleplayer mmo too.
Its fine for one playthrough.

Do you speak the truth cleric ramsey?

You can complete the game in 2-3 days with all companions gathered, its in no way grindy. Its just like in gothic you will have to complete all quests available in various cities before joining best faction that would offer you best equipment. And then when you start killing albs they will drop loads of natural elex and experience potions for your leveling needs.
Just don't get too exited about the combat, this is the part where opinions of people played it really divide, its mediocre at best.
And yes, there are religious inquisitors, mana making crazies living in wooden huts, dessert junkies and albs worshiping the hybrid guy. Lore is rather inconsistent because its essentially a draw from different settings.

If you are going to play it, a few random tips that will make it far easier.

First, get the Animal Trophies survival skill to level 3 ASAP. This skill massively increases both the value and quantity of drops for all non-human enemies. At rank 3 it becomes your main source of income for the entire game.

Second, you can effectively buy skill and attribute points. You will need alchemy and a workbench. You buy Natural Elex and other materials at certain merchants who restock their goods every time you talk to them and craft elex potions that grant you the points. There are restocking elex vendors in The Fort and in the Camp in the Center (you have to upgrade that one).

Third, Flamethrowers are fucking broken. The standard "fireball" attack mode is effectively equivalent to a missile launcher. It fires a medium-speed projectile in a straight line as far as you can see. That projectile explodes when it reaches its destination, doing damage, setting on fire, and KNOCKING DOWN enemies. This attack can be spammed and only requires one ammo (fuel). Larger enemies are only staggered instead of knocked down, but can still be stunlocked by spamming them. Fuel is the cheapest ammo in the game at 1 elexit per unit. The only downside is you can't move much with the weapon drawn (heavy weapon walk only). Flamethrower fuel can only be bought from the Clerics.

That doesn't mean you have to join the clerics. You can still buy fuel (in smaller quantities per purchase) if you join a different faction, and cleric abilities are kind of questionable. Personally I like the Berserkers simply because they have a Healing spell and a trade-health-for-mana spell, which I can alternate both of and avoid ever needing potions.

Oh, the game is on PC. Avoid consoles, it's a (partial) shooter.

One more thing, "Cold"

"Cold" is the game's alignment meter. Instead of being good/evil it's more emotional/logical, although Cold tends towards the more evil options anyway. The "true" morality is supposed to be in the middle in the neutral zone. Which ending you get is entirely dependent on your Cold level, nothing else matters unless you care about shit like who survives and what they say.

Cold is primarily gained or lost (losing cold is heading towards the emotional side) through non-repeatable dialog choices. There is a finite amount of cold that can be lost. However, you gain 0.1 points every time you consume an elex potion of any size. Dialog is +- 1 point. Even consuming a couple hundred potions you shouldn't have any difficulty hitting the minimum cold if you want to. You can consume enough potions to softcap everything and still stay in the neutral zone if you pick mostly non-cold dialog.

Why though? I bought Risen 2 & 3 in the current Steam sale and while both suck Risen 2 is a little bit better than Risen 3.

Way I see it you go cold only if you want to be locked into sparing the hybrid The weapon perk doesn't count for much with the mortal beam or flamethrowers and those oooh you're so edgy comments grow old.

Your taste is shit and you should be ashamed.

user…
Bernie's really won the presidency. Just accept that you're on the black timeline, and take pride that we're taking this blow for the others

No u

where's G3?

Crying softly in the corner because no one bothered with the community patch?

This is true, but that post was more to the point of "how to manage your Cold towards a low/neutral level". The really important thing to take away is that you can use as many medium and large elex potions as you want to and not have to worry about it much.

Waaaait a second. Gothic 4 > Risen 3? For all madness this is either you mistaken the number or a retard.

I meant G3 CP. 4 doesn't deserve to be on the list.

They're both kind of bad, but at least Risen 3 is a more refined Risen 2.

I'd just say rush for regent energy sword and or flamethrower ASAP and you won't have to worry about anything anymore. Jump-jet attack is also great when it works.

There have been many threads about it on release. It's not as bad as many anons make it out to be, but don't go in expecting anything above mediocrity. Its biggest flaw, in my opinion, is them making a fuckhueg world but not really filling it with content. Sure, there is SOMETHING practically everywhere, but it tends to be the same shit over and over again – go to a place, kill some enemies, get some shit loot, repeat. I suppose they went for exploration, which was a big part of Gothic, but here it's like 90% of the map that is utterly unconnected to any and all quests and is only there to be "explored", which of course means that the rewards for exploring are minimal so as to not make the player OP too quickly, and soon starts to feel very formulaic, as opposed to Gothic, where the map was much smaller and finding a new place felt that much more rewarding and unique.

The fantasy/sci-fi/mad max/whatever amalgamation of a setting was a bad call, in my opinion. It soon starts feeling like bullshit stacked upon bullshit and doesn't really work all that well.

It really isn't. Risen 2 is a piece of shit, but Risen 3 is even worse

And for anyone else wondering: the game starts slow as fuck. You're this vaguely not svartfaltar technomage not villain that suffers from amnesia except not really. You can't kill shit, you can't steal shit and you can't lift anything heavier than a rusty stick. There's also a high chance of drowning when crossing a stream or falling over a blade of grass and snapping your neck.

Mid game you leave the luddite streetshitters, get your bearings and start exploring the ruins, roaming about and picking up random encounters ie the best part or the part worth playing.

End game the game falls on it's face. All that buildup to join a faction ends up in like twenty minutes of gameplay or tenish short quests and even the finale is cheap and short as all fuck You'll also end up so roided on elex potions that you'll be able to beat the ever loving shit out of ANYTHING despite constantly taking the moral high ground of I'm clean of elex lolXD

They made the combat more fluid (not saying much), some general quality of life changes, actually adding a third faction like there should have been in 2, better AI for followers.
The magic is also pretty okay in 3 (from all factions), Risen 2 only had a few voodoo spells which weren't even that great.

If anyone actually wants to play this turd I recommend get that flamethrower/grenade launcher thing ASAP.
Everything else is pointless

You being shit dramatic doesn't make it so. I'll take my black hole gauntlet and the cleric amulet and run circles around either of those.

Fire from a distance, keep moving and everything falls eventually no matter how shitty your level.

You can easily miss like half of that shit.

Gothic is garbage and plays like a PS1 game

You can leave them at any point and it makes the game a sliver more challenging by not falling in with them at all/only doing the odd quest for them.

Eat shit you fucking pleb

I also hated that portion of the game. Its like a lost opportunity to make some sort of elex addiction system, that will make you colder the more you consume it. Instead it just gives experience or points and you lie to everybody you don't consume it.

There's a faction that gets mad at you for opening the menu. Don't play it.

I literally got my thread deleted once because I was praising ELEX

It's a really good game, if you like Gothic and Risen 1 you should definitely check it out.

If you were posting like a shill you deserve it
I saw some fag begging people to buy Bravely Censored in the Octopath traveller thread, it was disgusting

It does make you colder, by 0.1 points per potion. Just do a couple quests after your elex binge and you are fine.