Starcraft:Remastered

Anyone know if there's still a problem with an extremely large number of games getting dropped/disconnected in the ladder?
It was a huge issue on release and I'm thinking about getting it if it's fixed.
Unsurprisingly, I can't find anything on whether the issue is fixed on the blizz forums that's at all recent.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=z-1TPMb2RKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need this starcraft clone remastered.

Raynor was a much more compelling character when he was a balding man in his 40's.

wut
He was a 29 year-old guy according to the manual.

Well fuck my life then. I still don't like the redesign. He looked balding before, made him seem more human. Now he looks like an action hero stereotype.

Old version looks like a beaner. New version looks like a hollywood jew.

You're silly lil cunt m8

I thought he was 30 and fat. Still made him look like an actual person and not some model made to look like a soldier. Same with the SCV, the original actually looked like a fucking nigger, not some 3rd rate holywood actor. Don't even get me started on the protoss ones, jesus christ.

On the contrary, new version looks like a Zeta.

You know what I meant.

Raynor wasn't that old; he even looks older in Starcraft 2.
what the fuck is that second picture also? I've never seen that art for him, it looks more like Shepard from ME than Raynor
But you're right, everything about Starcraft 1 was more gritty and ugly in the "real" sense compared to Starcraft 2's cartoonish, polished hollywood style characters, tone and environment
Still had a ton of fun with WoL's campaign; I play it every year and finally beat it this year or maybe last year on brutal
I beat the other campaigns on brutal just for closure's sake and to see if I could but WoL's was fun in the same way Independence Day was fun even if it was "objectively' shit as a movie

Too late, you triggered my OC.

This. It made sense, he's a sheriff out in the middle of nowhere that used to be a soldier. He's, relatively speaking, just some dude. He looks so generic in the remaster (and SC2).

Second pic is from the remaster Blizz put out.

One thing I will say about the remaster is the Zerg portraits are pretty nice. Everything else is way worse, though.

I always thought he was a spic or a mutt, he lived in space new Mexico after all.

the name alone should've tipped ya off m8

the campaign would be infinitely better if Tychus killed Rayonor and the wore at the end, Jim for being insane and the whore for beiing a genocidal bitch, thus earning his freedom. The title would make more sense too.
But that would be too dark for nu-Blizzard.

I'd hate for their characters to get killed off because of how well-crafted they were, or at least used to be
But you're right. The universe would've been in much more dire straits if that were to have happened, imagine the factions and general chaos and bullshit that would've happened everywhere. Arcturus would still be alive, I wonder how that would've played out. A big bad would've been a lot more interesting if instead of all the factions uniting, they all remained scattered and each of them have to try and deal with the big bad in their own way

Terrans are supposed to be southern rednecks.

They're actually supposed to be the equivalent of space australians. Terrans are descended from prisoners originally and the cowboy/outlaw sort of shit appealed to them I guess which makes sense in some strange way

Kinda sad how the first campaign is the best and most fleshed-out. In the pre-release materials you can see they had much more planned for Heart of the Swarm and what we got wasn't much at all, and for Legacy of the Void the planned small and built small and tacked on a fourth mini-campaign hastily wrapping up the storyline and letting you play terran and zerg before its all over.

The custom map scene is nowhere as big as Warcraft 3's was, and don't get me started on their latest "please can we be e-sports now" changes to the game and fucking MICROTRANSACTIONS

Space gains really did a number on the protoss.
But not in a good way.

Heart of the Swarm became irredeemable at the Zerus missions.

I liked how human kerrigan's wireframe at the bottom of the screen showed nipples.

Are we in agreement that the moment the xel'naga were introduced the lore started going to shit?

How the fuck is left supposed to be american ?

It was big enough for what it was. There was some incredible shit created on Starcraft 2's map editor

Its funny because Zerus was the only part I even bothered to remember from that shitty game, at least the environments and designs felt memorable for the place, as well as the bosses
Overall the campaign for Heart of the Swarm was, I felt, the worst out of the 3
Legacy of the Void *slightly* better but still absolutely shit overall especially with its preachy story

Nah, they were present in the first starcraft
the lore started going to shit when prophecies made for plot convenience and fanservice started popping up (Wings of Liberty)

Originally they planned to make it so you could choose whether Kerrigan would re-infest or not but they decided in the end that it would be too much work.

The ending of LoV made all that moot though since she becomes space jesus

Tychus did nothing wrong. Why did Raynor choose "I'll get you for this" over his friend? What the fuck

It shouldn't be a problem any more, kouhai.

I don't know what those icons are, I just grabbed the first image that had both portraits.

Everything in SC2's lore is wrong, the biggest blunder being Raynor willing to lift one finger to help Kerrigan.

Tychus's struggle throughout Wings' campaign was actually incredibly well-written
His actions and dialogue seem erratic and odd at times but get a tiny bit of exposition from Tosh hinting about Tychus's emotions maybe once or twice in the game and it puts a surprising amount of depth into everything he says and does.
His relationship with Raynor was also excellently crafted as well as a result; its a fucking shame that an original, excellent character was a casualty of nu-blizz

As it should be.

When is SC:Remastered getting pirated? I want to zerg rush some terrans.

why would anyone play this when the old one is free and still has online and the same gameplay

The low-res original SC is free from Blizz; even patched to work on modern systems.

Why would you want to play it anyway? It's almost the same as the original except you can select more than 12 units iirc. And it has that problem where everything looks just way too clean and polished. The added "cinematics" look like something made in 30 minutes by some artfag in blizz rather than something made to enhance the experience. Besides, they didn't even bother to update the cinematics.

You can't select more than 12 units. Gameplay is untouched. Which sucks. They could have remade it, larger and better, but they don't want to touch their esports champion. And yeah, they didn't even "HD" their cinematics.

You sound like a gigantic faggot, kill yourself please

but user, I'm (You) from the future.

It started to go to shit when they decided to continue from some asshole's book instead of when the last game left off.

Wew. Although in hindsight, I'm happy that I didn't know how Legacy of the Void would fuck up everything even more.

What the fuck do beaners look like where you live? Old version looks like a redneck. Probably because he's SUPPOSED to be a redneck, along with just about all the other ground troops that the Terrans have. I think the reason they changed him so hard is because they're afraid of SJW backlash against "raycism" that rednecks are associated with.

Nice to know you're still here.

I forgot LoTV ended with that.

Tychus was my favorite character in general. Had a cool enough backstory, had real character developments, took logical decisions. Also Neil Kapkan did a wonderful job as the VA. It's not obvious, but the last act of WoL has Tychus actually giving Raynor a choice between his woman and his friend. By Raynor's response, it was obvious he chose kerrigan. That's why he didn't just straight shot the woman before he shouted out his motives. True to his character he wanted to die with the only thing he had left, which was his pride. That's why I think he let himself die to Raynor anyways, because he would have rather die than get the killswitch activated. Fucking blizzard and their kerrigan fetish. Tychus and Kydd should have lived

Remastered is a fucking disgrace to the art style and worst of all it's a replacement that appears over the original everywhere now.
Summary:
hooktube.com/watch?v=z-1TPMb2RKE

Ok, so everyone here hates Starcraft 2's poor excuse of a story as do I but I've never seen anyone actually come up with something better. How would you have done it?

Okay so get this: Raynor gets corrupted

>If you shoot, they both go down, Jim's dying words are thanking you for doing it since he couldn't and tells you to stick with the Raiders. Everyone agrees you did the right thing and that some day you could be a real leader
>If you don't shoot Jim takes her just a few steps away, sits down and does it for you, killing them both, with his dying words being something about finally putting this nightmare to rest

Or something like that. Shit I had a better idea of how it went ages ago shortly after Legacy of the Void came out and I had actually played all three, but its been about a year since then. The only real problem with the ending was the characterization of Jim. An alternative to the above is playing Matt Horner or a commander under Matt's guidance, who witnesses Jim's slow descent of desperation and martyrdom from afar objectively, a better perspective for people new to the series while still being able to show the old characters and respect them.

How about:
Everything different form a love story is better.

They altered some characters to get them in line with their sc2 looks. It's stupid, but what did you expect from nu-blizzard?

I never understood why people cared so much about the lore.
Starcraft is a multiplayer game. You're not supposed to get attached to your zerglings and marines, they're supposed to die. Don't give them names! Don't get emotionally invested in their well-being. That's just a surefire way to lose games.

it's possible to enjoy the lore of the singleplayer and also enjoy competitive multiplayer. they're not mutually exclusive.

For most people starcraft 1 was mostly singleplayer. The multiplayer was a mere bonus.
And the campaign of 1 was pretty good.

What are you, dense?
And individual units never get any emotional investment, its characters in the story ya tard
This has to be bait; you've clearly never played Starcraft

True, imagined him as an old veteran too.

Looks little different from Mass Effect Maleshep

SC2 writing is a travesty. Have you tried Nova Covert Ops? I did. It was, well… missions were good, and so were campaign gimmicks, while it was short. But writing?

Too bad it didn't get a proper sequel.

Dawn of War 2 was a fun game but you just walked around with your 4 squads of 12 men total and it didn't really feel as grand as it was supposed to. The multiplayer also just became boring as you never really had large battles.

If they made it more with a warcraft 3 mindset with 2-4 'hero units' and a large army of 30-40+ units behind it with traditional RTS aspects, it would've been an amazing game, rather than just a decent game.

Fuck remastered, let's talk about how those fucking scumbags at Blizzard pushed a patch in 2016 that killed Brood War players' ability to do network play on Windows XP. The game doesn't even run properly on Wine anymore since that bullshit.

I know this is not a revelation, but holy crap do the new models show how much blizzard ripped off the WH40k aesthetic. nuProtoss is Eldar now when originally I thought they were somewhere between Tau and Eldar.

That's a story only an obese blizzdrone can come up with. But for all it's shityness, at least it's not 'X got corrupted'. I'm glad they avoided yet another good guy turns bad meme storyline.

I like abathur. He was too chatty for a AYYY LMAO style abduct you and probe your anus.

I like the idea of playing as Tychus. Also what the fug is that thing in the pic?

yeah, this

I don't care about the multiplayer, I liked single because it has both a fun gameplay with challenges that require strategic thinking and a good story to go with it. Multiplayer to me is just remembering 6 gorillion formulas of what you're supposed to be doing and pressing buttons like a madman. I like watching it but not playing.

this is that super bait that big5 keeps trying to sell me

filename