Why are there no coop pirate games?

why are there no coop pirate games?

the best thing about being a pirate is actually sailing the seas with your mates drinking and singing. i was checking the steam sale and found blackwake which was disappointing since its only about fighting and not finding treasure and adventures. i found an other game called salt which seems way too early in development. and the rest of the games were single player mostly

what the hell?

probably because it'd either entail a lot of time fucking around on a ship doing nothing or a lot of time doing actual sailor's work, which probably sucks

That's faggot shit, the best thing 'bout being a pirate is raiding heavily defended shlomo merchant ships.

but on a more on topic note, if you want multiplayer, i believe there is a MMO about pirates, don't recall the name of it right now though.

It sounds to me like you want to rent a boat with a few friends and go sailing, not play a videogame.

Pirates were a bunch of fucking faggots and deadbeat losers who couldn't follow orders.

in the future user

sounds like an ideal Holla Forums game

Pirates have existed in various forms for centuries so to label them ALL as useless fags is a little excessive.

You talk from expeience ?

Because it would be mostly one guy deciding were the ship has to go and the other just playing mini games to unfold sails shoot guns etc.

Besides the actual boarding could be fun with all the jumping with ropes and Swordfighting shit.

Sailors work is mostly scrubbing deck and fixing sails with crafty stiches. and doing pretty knots.

sea of thieves

I wuz gonna say that.

The ones in the Caribbean were. They had no desire to do any of the work that was associated with being a sailor. They were the nautical predecessors of the unionist faggots.

thats the thing that had me thinking why there are no other games like it

Then what the fuck are you talking about

But user there IS a Pirate Coop game in the works RIGHT NOW!
Aren't you just excited??

thats the feeling i get from reading and watching things that have pirate themes in them

i hope sea of thieves and salt dont disappoint

that would be expensive as fuck mate

having all my hopes on one game and then the game being shit is a really sad feeling eg. spore

I prefer Skull and Bones™, my fellow Goyim!

check

Sounds gay.

The stereotype of the domineering pirate captain is a complete myth. Real pirate ships were very democratic in function.

Looks fun but it's a (((Windows 10))) exclusive.

All i get is doucheshills and faggot-warnings from seeing this. It could've been cool but it seems like a game for streamers, tumblrinas and numales.

It could've been cool if you could team up in ships, raid other ships, raid cities, live life, dig down treasures and make up your own treasure-maps as in instead of having the treasure on your ship, you dig it down and make a map of it so if you get raided they take the map and have to find out where the treasure is.

You should also be able to commit mutiny if the captain sucks, making him walk the plank or strand him on a deserted island.

You should also be able to craft your own pirate-flag.

That would've been a fun game.

Move to Somalia.

It reeks of tumblr, soyboys, and shit.
But then, I repeat myself.

What about Blackwake?

why'd you write shit three times?

THAT is your biggest issue with the game?

there was a kids mmo called puzzle pirates
I don't remember it very well since I only played it a couple times but I remember enjoying it more than I disliked it

I-Is that Peggy?!