Holla Forums, recommend to me games where you can shoot people that aren't shit

Preferably multiplayer or co-op, but singleplayer games are okay as well. I need to eradicate a loved one's shit taste.
No horror or secondary horror games if possible like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or things of that sort if possible.
Pic sort of related. I know next to nothing about it but I heard it got ported to PC and heard nothing but good things about it from Holla Forums.
Also FPS/TPS thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/551770/ECHO/
gameranger.com/games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty much begin with Monolith Productions' entire FPS catalog if you want a good shooter.

Stalker

ignore it, i'm retarded

Vanquish is very overrated. It has nice "combo videos" but like Day Z those are rare moments in other wise blandness. The opening is you walking down a hallway listening to a woman talk at you. It's gears with a limited boost mechanic not DMC with a boost mechanic.

Doom 2
Nu Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
Condemned
Far Cry 3 (fuck you I liked it)
Just Cause 2
Shadow Warrior (original)
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 3
Doom 3
Crysis
Half-life + expansion packs
Half-life 2 + episodes
Dying light
Resident evil 4
Stalker, CoP, Clear sky and SoC
Mirror's edge
Sniper Elite series

Aren't FEAR, Blood and Blood 2 secondarily horror games?
No idea about Tron 2.0 and Shogo, I'll check those out, though just from the cover tron 2.0 looks a little cheesy

half of these are horror/secondary horror games, and the ones that aren't are ones where I'm either not sure if his computer will run at 60 FPS or not or look like shit
Shadow Warrior and Just Cause 2 might be up his alley, maybe sniper elite but I haven't heard anything good about those games.

Yes, no, no. Also, I forgot about these four games of theirs as well.

You're not going to find good FPS games which aren't horror based. The entire point of FPS is you're a dude facing something over whelming and the only hope you have is a shotgun and your A and D keys.

this literally happens in every game with a story and boss battles, doesn't mean they're all horror games by any stretch of the imagination

I'll check these and blood 1+2 out, though I'm not sure if they'll be his thing. The aesthetics might turn him off

FEAR sucks fucking balls though.

Aaaand thread's ruined

>I need to eradicate a loved one's shit taste.

>I'm not sure if they'll be his thing. The aesthetics might turn him off

Vanquish is basically single player Warframe.
If you liked it, you will like WF as well.
It's extremely jewy though.

I like WF more.

That's not true. Zelda gives you more than a shotgun to deal with.

Either way FPS and horror are interlinked. You're not going to find shit that isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield that don't have horror elements. Your choice is between military autism and horror because those are the only 2 sub genres that FPS games excel at and create classics in.

You'd think in such a large market there'd be more types of subgenres than that.
Well fuck.

Me too.
Vanquish is like only having one frame, 5 guns and one melee that is extremely limited.
At least you aren't playing as autistic child.

This place might as well be cuckchan by now, goddamn.

yes i too read that article where a numale made a title comparing warframe to vanquish because they get paid for something a 12 year old could write

games are nothing like. just like the retards that keep comparing it to destiny.
t. 2000 hours logged max rank and jewed $1k equivalent ingame currency from trading.

k

Well, what are you looking for? Halo is perhaps the most baseline "Good" FPS with the series going in all manner of directions (Just drop it after 4 and never go any further, unless MS somehow salvage the series after the mess that is 5: Guardians, which is only worth buying for the multiplayer if it didn't have microtransactions); Metroid Prime goes down a more platforming route; Goldeneye ('97), Perfect Dark, and the Timesplitter are a "must" if you're sticking to consoles…

Are you a fag?

I don't read any articles.
If you can name other shooters where you can slide around and go fast please go ahead.

tribes?

These are more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Its hard to say what he'd enjoy. Are there any good military autism shooters?
I'll check out Timesplitters 2 and perfect dark, they might be up his alley
He's already played Halo CE and Metroid multiplayer with friends years ago, goldeneye as well. They were gud.
In terms of what I'm looking for, its hard to say I suppose.
any cover-based shooters that aren't shit? Games with loads of firefights with large amounts of enemies/players and varied scenery with a fast enough pace to them?
A good amount of combat being close to midrange except for a few missions or unless the game is based around sniper gameplay?
Basically nothing too slow I think and unafraid to get in your face

…XIII is if you want a good narrative (As well as it's "spiritual successor", the Red Steel games); Turok is another old series worth getting (Avoid the new game); there are The Darkness games if you want more "Rip and tear"; the Tom Clancy games released before '04 with a couple of exceptions (GRAW)…

titanfall

Never played it, but seen some memes.
Didn't it close? Can I play it right now with somebody or even bots?

Shoo shoo.

The first time you get control in vanquish the ship is under attack. You walk down a hallway with your finger in your ear as your support updates you on the situation.

You can't run, you can't slide, you just walk and watch things explode around you.

Sorry fanboys but Vanquish isn't even warframe. It's Halo styled Gears of war.

Red faction games might be worth a damn.

Why does quality control even matter anymore when the cuckchanners have already taken over?
This used to be the place where the mere mention of FarCry 3, Half Life 2 or Halo was enough for a derail.
Now look at this shit, garbage like this it all over the board

And you can dash down the hallway even while the ship is under attack. Go try it if you don't believe me.

Binary Domain. There was also the Terminator game for the fourth film, but that may be more my tastes since I'm all over the map in what I like.
Halo (Mostly 2 and Reach), Star Wars Battlefront (Both original games), Battlefield (Before 3)

Also, the Lost Planet series and Freedom Wars are worth a look.

A few more titles to list before I'm done for the night. Front Mission Evolved looked interested, but I don't know how good it actually is. However, I do know that Slave Zero is a good game. Bionic Commando is suppose to be decent, but it really shines in it's multiplayer. Devil's Third is apparently a titles that was "Too little, too late" with it's single-player, and the multiplayer was shut down about a year after launch (Despite being quite good apparently. And, lastly, there is Black. That should give you more than enough things to check out.

What is your image even trying to show? Those are 2 completely different game mechanics. One is a hud reminding you of objectives and the other is in game challenges to unlock upgrades.

I pushed every button on the joypad and it didn't let me dash.

this game is a shooter and looks amazing:
store.steampowered.com/app/551770/ECHO/

If he likes Halo he may like the Killzone series.

I played through the game. I had fun. I don't just post shitty meme images because a HUD triggers me so bad I have to shit post how I'm the only old fag left.

Go to facebook or something. You would enjoy it there with your stale memes.

It would take me an hour to reinstall it myself but this is the first scene which can be controlled after the tutorial room. Entire moveset is available. I muted the video so you wouldn't have to hear the LPer, but at the end you can see Elena begin her spiel while he's still dashing. Did you actually go back and try it out or did you just pretend to?

Fuck I wish Radcorp would do a weekend of this game already, it was so much fun.

If it's for a normalfag, honestly nuDoom. Holla Forums gives it a lot of shit and it's not entirely without reason, but the fact remains that it has plenty of mechanics from before FPS went to shit. It sets out to make something new out of the old and succeeds at that. It's a fine gateway into good stuff for a CoD addict. Other modern shooters that are decent include

And then the classics, of course.

Destroy All Humans is a pretty fun TPS. The second game has co-op, although it's a slightly worse game and it's a shame that the series didn't get any more games past that.
If THQNordic is to be believed we might get a sequel or a port or something, but THQNordic so far has fucked up every one of their games.

No.

This looks pretty good. What's the catch, is it too short/too easy?

Both

It's from the only 2 good devs Japan has so it's circle jerked by the DMC and Dark souls kiddies. It's nothing special on it's own merit.

doubt. you could have posted anything. hell you could have posted the malicious scripts that were place on the site a week ago

What does Dark Souls have to do with Vanquish?

What's the other good dev japan has?

From and Platinum are the meme devs from Japan. They make western style games with a touch of weeb to them. The difficulty tends to be reasonably high which draws the same sort of people to them.

I enjoy both companies games (mostly) but it's easy to recognise how cancerous both fanbases are.

Another vote for EDF 4.1. Avoid Insect Armageddon.
There's also Star Wars: Republic Commando which had an enjoyable squad.

kys

That reminds me, War for Cybertron is a fun game. Fall is too, but it's too cinematic and handholdy for my tastes. Devestation isn't a TPS/FPS but it's worth a shot too.

Shill begone.

Crysis is a decade old, if you're talking about that. Play it and weep at how little videogaming has developed in the decade since.

I finally got around to playing both NOLF games earlier in the year. Absolutely loved them both but I felt 2 lacked the charm that 1 had.

I have just the right medicine for you.

Then why don't you leave to your hardcore image board? Since us Cuckchanners who have been here since the second exodus make you so uncomfortable by discussing games we enjoyed.

Best game of the 2010s

Rock 'n roll motherfucker.

black's gameplay was horrible. the story was okay but rather generic.

perfect dark is amazing though.

Fuck off.

republic commando didn't feel starwars at all for me. in all honesty it wasn't awful but it was extremely generic. it was fun, I admit. (no troll)

yea I agree. warframe is SUPER jewy. vanquish beats it in gameplay all the way. I liked some of the character models from warframe but only some, like valkyrie. warefram gameplay is limited and very cucked. the physics engine is so poor and the maps all feel the same. it's extremely repetitive and unrewarding. it's a merciless grind, and it's only reward is more grinding. even when you have everything you want to unlock, even if you got there without spending money, you still hate the game. microtransaction hell if you do.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. This one went under the radar, and featuring Call of Juarez in the title didn't help any. It's a game set around the 1880, up to 1910, and chronicles the exploits of a bounty hunter on the hunt for his brothers' killers.

The gameplay is pretty fun, with a lot of neat mechanics, but where it really shines is in the storytelling department. It's one of the few games that makes a great use of an unreliable narrator. Basically, the bounty hunter is telling his story to a bunch of people, and sometimes they challenge the more colorful sequence of events, thus forcing him to change his story mid action. One instance has him talking about fighting against Indians only to switch them mid fight into cowboys. It's a pretty neat hidden gem.

My grandpa always used to tell me never to trust a faggot who didn't like Quake 3. It was a sure sign he was a homosexual who liked sucking dick more than shooting people.

Started, finished and uninstalled it last night. In short, it's a fun game that tries its' best to prevent you from having fun. If you do try it use CE to give yourself infinite energy, fixes half the problems with the game instantly.

It's like people shitting on the Dead Rising 1 time limit all over again

Devil's Third is awful in every aspect, as is Bionic Commando Wife Arm due to shitty physics.

People who want to go fast don't want to sit behind knee high walls for 10 seconds while it recharges. It's a reasonable complaint to say that vanquishes hype is about being mecha sonic and yet it's much closer to Gears of war.

>Fire 3 shots from a double barrel shotgun
>Someone interrupts, AYO HOL' UP! Are you trying to ruse me?

You don't even have to, since you shouldn't let it overheat or let yourself get hit after which the punishment is fair, you have grenades and cigars for a reason. Meleeing will forcefully overheat, but then it's like special moves in Streets of Rage which you can use either as a breakout or as part of offense if you know what you are doing. Being able to dash around infinitely/spam melee infinitely/stay in bullet time infinitely is not balanced or challenging in the slightest.

I finished it on Hard, but i don't understand how cigs work, please explain.

Cigs can distract enemies to buy time. You can also dash-boost and never run out of energy while moving unless you enter AR mode.

I could never use them properly, and they didn't distract enemies for me, I might be retarded.
Still, really enjoyed vanquish.

Left 4 Dead 2 co-op is still as good as ever, although the VS multiplayer is just griefers and hackers at this point, which is a shame. It's very arcadey and fast-paced, which differentiates it both from CoD garbage and the slew of garbage zombie games. If he can't play online, then the mutations (Valve-approved gameplay mods) Last Man on Earth and Lone Gunman are honestly pretty decent single player experiences.

There are a tonne of tricks like gas can juggling, witch crowning, and assorted parkour which make the game much deeper than it initially appears.

that's the one thing I hated about all the dead rising games. you have this neat and creative game with some decent gameplay and then they slap timers all over it. totally ruins it.

I'm explaining why people don't like it. It has all these knee high walls like it's supposed to be Gears and then the mechanics are about dodging. It's two clashing systems and people who try to use both as the game is clearly giving you them is going to end up with a mixed result for it.

The timer is supposed to make you have to make decisions. You can't do everything so you have to pick what you can do. It adds replayability and works well with the zombie theme.

Zombies as a monster are all about time and how limited it is. Limited by food and water vs a horde that never tires and never dies. They can outlash you and so a timer recrates the classic zombie horror element in a game that can't do it any other way.

Why would you want to do that? Fortunately, few such games exist

see I never really noticed that. I felt like the timer was a very annoying and frustrating form of artificial difficulty that ruined any and all of the fun in the game. if that's what they were really trying to do with it, then I think they failed because I didn't even notice or realize that that was their goal with the timer. I didn't feel a sense of urgency because of the zombies, as the main focus of the game was "oh shit this stupid timer no no no" if they were really skilled and wanted to make the game feel like a rush of stressed decision making because of the zombies, they could have made the zombies more of a threat, more scary, more realistic like in shaun of the dead. honestly the fact that they needed to add a timer to a zombie game suggests that their zombies (which were the whole point of the game) weren't that great to begin with and the player needed to be forced to feel rushed by an artificial mechanic that had nothing to do with the zombies. I mean seriously, make the zombies make me afraid enough to rush all on my own. if the zombies can't do that, the game is a failure. (no sarcasm, no trolling, totally honest opinions)

I don't think you understand classic zombies and why they're a different monster to modern zombies. Modern zombies are rage monsters, they zerg rush you and scream loudly.

Classic zombies are mortality and survival manifested in a real way. You have enough food for a week, you have no way to get more food and if you try to venture outside of your safe house a thousand bodies will slowly walk towards you and consume you. What do you do? Lets say you do manage to find food about what when they runs out? Who do you trust to live with you? How do you keep your sanity in such a situation? Classic zombies aren't a threat by themselves, they're not intended to be. They're a natural disaster that brings your mortality and sanity to the forefront. To put it simply, zombies are the monster that prevents modern food supplies working.

I would recommend reading I am Legend. It's a good book about 1 man living in a zombie apocalypse of sorts. They're vampires so he can go out in the day time but at night it's just him and these monsters. But he's alone, entirely alone.. And that's what makes it scary. He's the last human alive as far as he knows and every day his need for just a normal conversation wracks his sanity.. It'll help you understand why zombies are scary while being non-threatening in a 1 on 1 encounter.

believe me I do understand classic zombies and that's why I brought up shaun of the dead as a good example. I know shaun of the dead is a zombie horror comedy but I feel like they nailed the classic zombie style better than most other movies by a long shot. I watched 28 days later too so I know what you mean. good modern classic if I may say so.

Yea, I know. slow, difficult to stop, overwhelming.

not exactly the usual type of zombie but yes I am familiar with the story. I appreciate you mentioning this but it's kind of unrelated to dead rising isn't it? doesn't exactly support dead rising as a good game since dead rising is a frantic timer rush killing zombies with a lightsaber on a tricycle vs the long and quiet depressing theme of I am legend.

Can you quit being a bitch?

*sigh* really fucking miss vampire the masquerade bloodlines. too bad there's nothing like it out there huh? it always felt unfinished, but it felt cool. could have used more free roam (would have been good for that type of game) and more in depth lore and storyline and more characters and missions. could have used a ton more character customization. more weapons, etc.

they need to come out with a redemption style sequel that feels like a combination between BLADE/The Matrix/Underworld. that would be so sick

Dead Rising is horror comedy as well, it just does it in a sandbox fashion. I like the timer because it puts pressure on and makes zombies a threat indirectly. If I need to get from A to B then that's a problem when I have limited time and a bunch of road blocks in the way. I think it works but it's not for everyone and I believe some versions get rid of the timer (Wii does I think).

90's goth is out of fashion. Which is strange because Twilight is very 90's goth and did extremely well. It should have influenced more things around it but didn't.

[spoiler]Yea call me a faggot[spoiler]

It's hard to pull off goth well because people just scream edgy at you. Games set in modern urban locations are also pretty under done. They're hard to do well and you can't just kickstart them like you can generic JRPGs with trannies in them.

nice get.
kek

I really like some of the 80's and 90's styles. sad they don't know how much people love that stuff.

WOLF3D.EXE?
But its the Communist reskin.

I think they know considering how much they're whoring the 80's neon thing these days.

Five fairly obscure shooting games.

it's sad that they think just because they put neon on everything that it's suddenly 80's

does battlezone play anything at all like a combination of battletanx64 and warthunder tanks mode?

I never said that was the only thing they're doing. Notice all the 80's movie reboots or sequels we're getting. The "fashwave" type music. Neons just the obvious one.

wew another 1488 get
I hope 80's makes a good comeback. it's fun.

nudoom was great for what it provided. please tell me what other recent shooters provide a classic FPS experience?

It's easy to pull off goth because the 8-90s were 20-30 years ago. Most kids today are only familiar with emo shit and the latest iterations of "i'm different than you mom" sjw / hipsters

It's easy to be a fat bitch with too much make up on who self harms. That's not really a very appealing game though is it?

Doing goth well is very very hard. It's so full of faggotry that if you go in any one direction too much you just end up with homos wearing eye liner.

Couldn't you just read Dante's Inferno, use Italian and Russian art and folklore as a reference, and have the basis for what could make a good gothic game?

Reading shit, even good shit doesn't automatically mean you have an idea of what makes a good game; Go look at Ready Player One for an example.
You need a developer who isn't a faggot too, which is perhaps the hardest thing to find in current year

Please, please, PLEASE stop recommending western games!!!

Can't this forum go at least one solitary minute without someone ruining a gaming thread with western games?!?!

SWAT 3 & 4 games.
best coop I've ever played…
I just wish I had bros to play with.

Tight as a drum, fellas!

Only if they are retarded, I started playing it like Gears, got bored and tried sliding under something and ambushing the enemy, infact I am almost certain the game pushes you towards it right near the start to let you know that it's how its designed to be played.

GRAW is a solid recommend. The game takes place in and around Mexico City, and starts with a cool HALO jump into Mexico City. You'll be doing a lot of leaning around corners and taking cover, because the enemy AI can mess you up.. Your AI buddies are pretty self sufficent against regular enemies but there's some parts where you have to order them to hang back. There's a lot of "passively" operator moments, like when you start a mission fastroping from a Blackhawk as the minigun spits out a stream of casings over you, or are driven to the start area in an APC and hear the low thumping of the cannon overhead as you stare at your teammates. There's even a few night missions where you're separated from your team and alone. One of them takes place in a massive public park in Mexico City, think NY's Central Park at night filled with enemies. For some missions you get a drone that you can use for reconnisance. You can set a path for it to follow and it makes a little comforting "beep" whenever it hits a waypoint. It's super cool on the maps where you're alone and it's your only backup. Unlike newer Ubisoft games with gimmicks like drones and marking enemies, it doesn't feel like cheap faggot shit because enemies can still destroy you. There are quite a few armored .50cal turrets in the game that fuck up any cover you try to hide behind that isn't solid stone, and it's kind of scary if you hide behind something like a car and watch as the rounds knock the doors off as you try to crawl back to safety.

PAYNE TO THE MAX

I mean at all

Front Mission Evolved is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO shit. It is basically babby's first mech game with shitty fps segments spattered in between levels.

Not worth the $7 I paid for it.

Just started playing NOLF1 because of your recommendation and having heard of it before, loving it so far. It feels like a more polished Deus Ex in some ways, trading the RPG mechanics for better gunplay and stealth.

In fact its the only stealth game I've played other than Thief that takes into account the kind of surface you're walking on, all it really needs is better level design.

That's a pretty common thing in stealth games

The only other ones I've played are Dude Sex 1/HR, a couple MGS games, Thi4f, Dishonored, and Dark Messiah. I don't recall any of them having that feature.

The only other good stealth game I've heard about is one or two of the Splinter Cell games, I'll try them next. If its so common it surely must be in those or I didn't notice it in one of the ones I listed.

Metal Gear usually has different floor types which affect your audibility, all the way back to MG2. I don't really remember if it was in DXHR, Splinter Cell was the other one I was going to mention.

All right OP here you go.

Blood 2 has about the same tone as Shogo, really. It's just a cackling edgelord and a ton of gore for the most part, kind of like a Postal game but with less societal commentary.

Interdasting.

Surprised no one has mentioned:
Far Cry 1 (giant tech demo with a shit plot but you have fun)
Binary Domain (easily one of the best TPS in existence)
Nu-Shadow Warrior (Nothing like the original game but it's very fun to play through at least once)
Punisher game.
Kyle Katarn Star Wars games.

I'll think of some more later.

I still need to complete in the hunt. Are the other irem games just as good?

Finished 1 and onto 2, what the fuck is this? Is there a sprint button or toggle run? I move slower than a COD character. Additionally instead of funny henchmen its the fucking senran kagura and now there's a shitty skill system. Not sold on the new looting system or the hiding system either.

The original game or the Xbox remake (Or, give both a chance)?

Why don't we just say "Give any of the Star Wars games a chance since" they are all good games (At the very least)? Last I remember, the only one that is a shitty shooter is the on-foot segments in Rogue Squadron 3.

Holy fucking shit where did this shit taste come from?

it's shit though

Really now, games that take heavy inspiration from arcade beat em ups and shoot em ups are 'Western' now?

What does the muh Souls fanbase have to do with Vanquish. Like at all Christ if you wanted to be consistent you would at least call them Cuhrazey fags or something.

I don't get it is it hip to say the dumbest thing possible for the sake of being contrarian or something? Is that the hip new way to post on Holla Forums now? Honestly I can't tell if this is supposed to be bait or just stupidity.

I wish [current year] Ubisoft had the balls to set its latest Ghost Recon game in that same location.

The 4-player co-op mode is pretty good.

If you like or even consider Future Cop interesting check out Brigador. It's a simple game that's sort of roguelite, except progression is just unlocking new vehicles and weapons to destroy shit with. But the visuals, music and gameplay are all absolutely perfect, everything is destructible and blowing shit up is so satisfying.

Hijacking this thread to ask, is there a single good modern military shooter that's alive?
Something like battlefield bad company 2, but alive.

Better. There's a few parts of In The Hunt I never thought were all that well designed.

Bad Company 2 was trash. If you had mentioned a good Battlefield game I might have helped you.

ok

I liked the Goldeneye remake, and, last i heard, the Wii servers are still active. Also, Gameranger probably has some titles that have been revived: gameranger.com/games/

Image source?

Too bad, you can only shoot shit people in every game.

You don't want to know.

This masterpiece right here.

I second turok, Played it through like a week ago and thought it was fantastic.

Gun run are for fags