Dragonball Fighter Z !

imgur.com/a/fFZjZ
use these blank rosters and post your team!

youtube.com/watch?v=4LRFxs1BEFk
trailer

You're lucky I want this thread to go somewhere
Also how the fuck are they gonna balance SSJB?

Given that Yamcha is not only playable but apparently high tier: by not giving a shit about canonical power levels.

Neat!

Looks like Year of the Yamcha's been held over until 2018.

lets ask Shenron!

This pleases me.

Not enough female fighters. Wish they made more original characters along with the classic ones.

I wish Chi-Chi was playable here like in Super DBZ. Hell, I feel like the entire roster is a bit lacking. It's mostly just all the standard characters without really delving into any of the crazy or even mildly obscure ones. I'm not a Broly fan but he's still one of the most popular DB characters and I'm shocked that he's not in this game. Who am I kidding though, he'll be in the DLC.

looks like ur millennial or xenofag

Fuck Yamcha. Worst character people have ever latched on to.

He's more well written than any saiyan lol

Almost, I would agree if he stayed dead.

When you go back to cuckchan

my team.
alternatively

Nice.

Is Tien finally going to get some love?
He was shat on in super.
What are the chances of him doing something of note in the story mode?

I want DB kid Goku so fucking bad I don't care give me the grow stick and the cloud damn it

They could always use the ones from the other universes like Caulifa, Kale, Sorrel, Hop, Brianne de Chateau and her team.

I don't want fatasses and furries in my fucking fighting game.
They're gonna be DLC anyway user.

If Tapion was in the game I'd probably swap Gohan out for him.

That probably depends on if theres anyone on the dev team that likes the character.

Otherwise, just expect the standard unique dialog between him and Yamcha. Even though though the amount of time they actually spent together can be summed up as 'Tien apologizing for being a dick and breaking his leg.' And standing next to each other occasionally.

Well that's all we got sadly for now.

Considering how theres special cutscenes on defeating certain enemies with certain characters.

I have a feeling tien is gonna break yamchas leg again.

I am not sure what yamcha would have.

It's funny how people always shit on Yamcha, but in real life he would fucking destroy any of you with no effort.

He's literally Superman/Marvel tier strong, yet people constantly talk shit about him. It doesn't make any sense.

Yamcha is not weak, he is simply faced against much stronger super-powered alien gods from outer space.
It's not like Krillin or Tien would fare any better.

The problem is how Toriyama writes these characters. Krillin got his ass kicked so many times, he's constantly scared and useless but he gets plenty of screen time (Namek for example). He is a great 'support' character and the fact he's the main character's best friend also helps. Tien gets jackshit to do, but he had his moments (holding off Cell) and always loses/dies in heroic ways. Toriyama hates Yamcha for some reason. He gives him absolutely nothing to do.. except for that one time he carried away a sick dying Goku.

The worst and most useless shoe-horned character is Goten.

There's no reason for Goten to exist. He has the personality and character development of a rock.

I hate how everyone aside from the saiyans is treated as basically irrelevant once super saiyan came into play. At least Piccolo had some great moments in the movies.

Piccolo is stronger than a Super Saiyan 1 after fusing with Kami, that is quite a feat. He was the strongest Z Fighter for a short while, equalling the androids.

But then the Saiyans went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Piccolo got reduced to a babysitter once again.

In real life super powers don’t exist

Yes they do.

For all its faults this is why I like Super. They are trying to make the show about goofy adventures and martial arts again instead of MUH POWER LEVEL MUHFUGGUH

Is Great Saiyaman and Mr. Satan going to be in it?

Yamcha is a huge celebrity baseball player and a fan favorite. I'd say Toriyama gave him the best deal of them all.

This is blatant shilling, but I don't give a shit. I'm hype for Dragon ball FighterZ

A team with Goku Black as spear
REMOVE NINGEN

Yamcha could shit on Krillin with training and learning some abilities.

I still don't understand why Goku hasn't taught everyone instant transmission and the kaioken so they actually become useful opportunity strikers and backup

If you aint rollin Tien on your team you aint shit.

To be fair, it took Goku half a year to learn the kaioken and a full year to learn teleportation, both from the very people who created the techniques. Goku isn't the best teaching material, either. Plus, most everyone had the opportunity to learn the Kaioken from Kaio, himself. They even requested tougher training than he gave Goku.

Not this shit again

Ningen or what I like to call them, niggers.

Doubt this team will change.

I still amazed they thought an asspull like having goku absorb a spiritbomb he's hit with was a good idea. And then this somehow gave him a new form based not on power, but on your muscles dodging shit without sending signals to the brain.

Vegeta is a faggot who abandoned his Saiyan ways and his bloodline for some inferior earthling pussy.

Reminder to play as human and/or gag characters to trigger power level faggots.

bulma is hot tho

Was already planning on Ginyu, Yamcha, and Tien.
With a bit of Goku Black.

You're saying that like he had a choice. It was either continue his bloodline through some other species or don't continue it at all. And, considering human genes turn Saiyans bullshit strong, he probably made a good choice on which species.

As said Vegeta procreating with Bulma is about the best option to make. He certainly picked a better species to racemix with unlike Tarble.

lol

Is it truly hipster if everyone is doing it?

If Bulma hadn't built the dragon radar, the entire series wouldn't have happened. That's pretty relevant.

Seeing Piccolo go toe to toe with Frieza form 2 was easily one of my favorite moments from the series. Side characters fighting is always more tense and exciting since they don't have magic plot armor like the protag. I love DBZ but the incessant focus on Saiyans after the Frieza saga killed it pretty hard for me.

"Lol this ain't even my final form"
"Wow, it took FIVE (5) of you to beat me!"

t. freezy pops

Anyone who will unironically ever main any SSGSS is trash

Obviously I'm only talking about the fighters. That's what everyone always bitches about, how the human fighters become irrelevant. When they never were in the first place. Krillen was always a joke character who ironically enough becomes the bravest character in the entire series; Yamcha was always a jobber (Jobbed to a tired hungry kid Goku, jobbed to Roshi, jobbed to Tien, jobbed to Kami and thats just in DB), Tien was only keeping up with Goku because of his experience and superior techniques but then becomes irrelevant in the next arc. After the 22nd Budokai arc it all becomes about the Saiyans and Namekians.

Krillen is the only human fighter who stays sorta relevant through the majority of DBZ and that's only because of his bravery to put himself in the middle of shit knowing he his completely out of his depth.

Stop.

You can't go wrong with these 3.

but honestly,Vegeta was always a dick to saiyans,remember when he killed Nappa just because muh pride?

that's fucking nothing my dude.

You seem to have switched God Tier and High Tier on accident

Oh sweet fuck.

That just means Future Trunks is even more pure than Goku.

Shit list.

can't wait for xenofags to fail abysmally at a real fighting game.

I started skipping Zamasu arc because the bullshit was too unbearable. At least the multiverse tournament makes old characters relevant again.

Goku went super saiyan while doing the Henkidama against Kid buu to finish him off.

God I regret getting XV2. I should've looked into it more.

People get nitpicky at that one and say he was merely pushing it at that point.

That was him being a typical asshole villain. You could've swapped out any Saiyan in his place and Nappa still would've been killed for not being able to take down a supposed low level fighter like Kakarrot.

The spirit bomb just gave him energy, the "transformation" was his instincts to survive and fight taking over completely. That's why he powered down in the middle of his fight with Jiren, the energy from the spirit bomb dissipated. That's why he couldn't tap into his instincts again until he rested for awhile and was put into another tough spot.

I just want this fucking tournament to be over. Over half the episodes are boring or stupid. I just want to move on and have a timeskip to the end of Z so we can have Uub's training be the next arc. Then we can return to martial arts + silly shit. Just wash all this dumb transformation/powerlevel stuff away.

Young Mom Bulma is the best.

Tubetops are shit and her hair looks dumb. Your DBS Bulma is there in shit tier next to GT Bulmna where she belongs. Can't stand how she looks in DBS and they refuse to change it every now and then like they should so we're stuck with her new look forever. Fuck you.

That's understandable. One could theorize he can only gather energy in base form, but that doesn't stop him from pushing or sending it off in other forms. The energy is not gonna go "oh youre evil now no thanks".

If that's the case, and following this logic, the energy of earth is gathered on Trunks' sword, because the energy of earth DECIDED to gather to trunks, rather than Trunks calling or gathering the energy.
so either A) Trunks is pure or most likely B) energy of earth decided to gather in his sword and trusted him to finish Zamazu since Earth knew Trunks was on its side/desperate to save the earth/the energy went to Trunks, trunks didnt gather it.

conclusion super did not create a plothole.

Fuck you, tube tops are amazing, her current look is great, and it is miles better than this travesty.

Except, in the Saiyan saga, its mentioned that Gohan and Krillin can touch the bomb, because they're good, while it will hurt Vegeta on contact for being evil.

To elaborate, his saiyan form allows it to swing and use the energy, since he's not gathering it or holding it. It's on the sword and just like Goku, he's pushing it.

On Trunks credit, in the manga Goku states his SSJ2 form is as strong as his SSJ3 form due to the years of training in that form.
Reminder Super Saiyan transformations work in exponential multipliers of power level. So if Trunks is, to put in simple terms, 100 power in SSJ2 while goku is 100 in SSJ3, if Trunks attained SSJ3, his power level would be 100x5 = 500. 500 Times more than Goku's SSJ3.

Future Trunks is not stronger than Goku or Vegeta simply because he does not have SSGSS (Blue Form). Otherwise Manga Future Trunks is stronger. Not to mention Future Trunks can heal people since he's an apprentice kai

5 times stronger*.

Literally nothing wrong with that. Looks a hell of a lot better than whatever dumb nu-age bullshit hair style she has now. Bulma looks best in dresses and skirts.

Go be a nigger some place else.

Everything is wrong with gaudy lipstick and bowl hair cuts.

You both have shit taste.

Nah, fuck off.

t. faggot

Tubetops are for guttersluts. Bulma is classier than that.

If you kill a Supreme Kai their corrosponding God of Destruction also dies. That's how they did it. If anything you should be mad they reconnected the original Supreme Kai hierarchy of 4 of them for each quadrant of the universe plus a 5th one as their leader. Now it's just 1-2 Kais per universe because Toriyama has dementia and should be in a home.

I have updated the Bulma Tiers with better tastes.

Only thing I believe could be changed is young mama Bulma one point higher on the tier.

kys nigger lover

I think this might be the first ever tier list I agree with

Bulma is comic relief in Dragon Ball and fanservice
Same role applies on DBZ, except this time she's support on a technical level to give the characters a tool to train/go forward with the plot
She's never really a pure waifu, but rather because comic relief she's kind of a slut
She's noveau riche in the anime and manga, so she doesn't have much class and needs to frivolously spend money on her birthday or events, while being very vapid about it.
It's no surprise she doesn't really dress like a high class person

Don't forget she wanted Zarbon's dick while on Namek.

All girls want Zarbon's zarbon.
t. femanon

Team human all day. Will definitely fuck around with Roshi or even Yajirobe if they're added. Kid Goku would be fun too.
If Yajirobe gets added by some miracle and doesn't have an ass-eating command grab, I will be severely disappointed.

dragon ball beady eyed little shit krillin >>>>>>> loser adult manlet krillin

They said 8 DLC characters
So far what has been rumored is the following:
1.- Base Goku w/ spirit bomb
2.- Base Vegeta
3.- Some whore from Xenoverse (never played Xenoverse so I don't know who she is)
4.- Bardock
5.- Radditz
6.- Broly
7.-???
8.-????

They also said there would be 4 hidden characters in-game to unlock via story mode.

show vagina now please

also why you would fuck this?

I really hope they don't do this horseshit. I have doubts since the game doesn't buy into powerlevel fuckery and Goku only goes SS3 for a super, but even hearing that worries me.

Women love being raped by monsters

Neither are really bad

Most likely they will be 2 of the hidden characters already in-game, while the DLC will be something new
then again arcsys is really jewy with DLC

Bigg thigg Zarbon digg. :DD

any good recommendations on fight sticks?

Holy shit they used We Are Angels this is fucking amazing. Why can't more anime video games use the original tunes of the anime. I remember Budokai Tenkaichi 3 did it in the japanese version but they had to americanize it with shitty generic techno in the western version.

The most painful thing about XV2 was beating the main story and being punished for it by being made to listen Steve Aoki shit diarrhea all over someone else's music during the credits.

They should have went with the Budokai system. Each character starts in their 'base/normal' form and can transform in the middle of a fight, giving power/speed bonuses.

Base, Kaioken, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3
Base, SSJ, USSJ, SSJ2
Base, SSJ, SSJ2
Base, SSJ, SSJ2, Ultimate/Mystic
Base, Potential Unlocked
Base, Potential Unlocked
Base, SSJ, USSJ
Base, SSJ
Base, fused w/ Nail, fused w/ Kami
Base, Transformed
1st form, 2nd form, 3rd form, final form, final form 100%
Imperfect, Semi-Perfect, Perfect

Besides that, there should also be different costumes for each character like in Budokai 3.

Unfortunately it looks like FighterZ will have a shallow small roster, with each Saiyan automatically starting the fight in SSJ mode. That's a huge step back from the Budokai series.

If they are so lazy, I can understand making fusions (Gotenks, Vegito, Gogeta, Kibito Kai) actual characters instead of doing some QTE puzzle to fuse mid-fight. That makes sense. But what they are doing now is fucking retarded and shallow.

But who am I kidding, most people who will get this are Xeno/Tenkaichi fags who grew up with shallow shitty DBZ games where each character plays the same.

Is this just what all fighting games do in the current year?

Jiren is pretty goofy imo. Also the whole ToP was based upon a silly premise and it stayed pretty much that way for its entirety. Powerlevels don't automatically mean serious business, remember when Super Buu had diarrhea and turned a rock into a toilet?

Budokai and the SNES games are the same shit, the only good DBZ fighting games are Super/Chou Dragon Ball Z and Hyper Dimension.

I don't want to spend all match powering up and dying my hair. I want to pick a character and slap some dudes without having to worry about muh power level.

Then main a character that has no transformations like Raditz or Nappa or some shit.

Super's Openings are genuinely fine. Not We are Angels. not Cha-la head cha-la, but definitely passable.

This game looks fairly interesting.

Limit Breaker x Survivor is pretty good

hype tier OP

The inclusion of Hit made me really consider this game. Probably won't get it right away though.

Alternatively, I'd go with Beerus/Cell/Vegeta

I want to play the make them angry game and when I win set play them till they died.
Hit currently I'm fully prepared to replace with Beerus or Kid Buu if one of them seems to work better for the gameplan.

Arale Chan as secret character reveal when?

jesus

i need that arale

Team NINGEN to bust up the saiyan fanboys

Where my Fat Buus at?
Also should I change up the order?

After all these years, even in-canon years, K. and the rest are still calling her #18? Didnt she have some shitty stone like real name?

I think when 18 is the last player standing she loses her 17 / Krillin assist. I think.

So I would make her go first instead of Buu.

Team Robo Love is go.

She's probably embarrassed by it or just doesn't like it. It's not like anybody would know what her real name is, if she never told them.

So just swap those two? Thanks, didn't know that

I think she's Lapis and 17 is Lazuli. Or vice versa

Eh, my money is on the nip beeing a lazy good for nothing piece of shit.

Toriyama probably came up with the names, on the spot, for that interview, and it happened well after Z ended. It would be kinda weird for everyone to just start suddenly calling her by her real name, now, when they were calling her 18 all through Z.

Is DB/DBZ still worth watching? I want to ask about DBZ in particular. More specifically, English dub or JP with subs? Original or Kai? JP soundtrack or US soundtrack?

Considering I first watched it all the way through in 2011, I'd say it is. Original with JP dub and soundtrack is the best. You'll get over Goku. Go for the Dragon Box releases. The rest have color errors or cut off the top and bottom to make it "wide screen".

yes.
go with original
sub or dub is fine. check both and see which one is of your liking

This. just watch it sub. the soundtrack is much better in original or any translation that is not american dub

Is OP a shill ?

If you can find cleaned up audio, then go with the Japanese version of the original run of Z. Otherwise your best bet is to just watch the Funi dub of DB/Z since its the only way to experience it in English with mostly consistent cast/quality. Quality dips around the android saga since they never re-dubbed that portion and at that point the Funi cast was still imitating the Ocean Dub cast. The Ocean Dub is a mess of shit so don't even bother.

Kai is okay. The original Jap run of Z is better, and the Funi dub is hit or miss. Started off better than Z but fell apart halfway through when they had to change the OST for legal reasons and its just jarring. The acting in the Buu saga is kinda stiff compared to their work in Z as well. You're better off just reading the manga if you want to experience fillerless DB/Z.

Sub if you want to get seriously invested. Track down the WinXBloom torrent which has high quality original jap audio than the official releases, because Toei can't into film archival.

Dub if you just want to see fights backed by the rocking Faulconer music

Avoid Kai. It has a number of issues too numerous to list. It's one saving grace is the improved accurate dub, and even then that's flawed.

The problem with the Funi dub is that it's inaccurate, though.

Most filler in DBZ is good though.

The only shitty filler I can think of is 'Fake Namek' and Garlic Jr.

Oh and

Only redeeming part of the Garlic Jr. detour.

I can't give any tips for Dragon Ball Z, but Dragon Ball absolutely go with the English dub. Everyone does a great job and it is stupid cheesy in all the best ways.

I honestly never watched DB/DBZ until this game was announced, so I decided now was the time to get into them, starting with Dragon Ball. I 100% loved everything about Dragon Ball, but when I finished that and tried to start DBZ, I couldn't get into that. They are completely different shows and I can't tell if I just don't like DBZ, or if I started it with the wrong mindset since I was coming right off of Dragon Ball. Original Z run has some good filler early on, but holy shit the pacing is garbage. I found Kai to be better in many regards.

I honestly think Dragon Ball has better fights than DBZ

Most people, that are familiar with both, think that.

Censored dialogue is not a good job. Saying DBs dub is better than DBZs dub is like saying getting shot in the arm is better than getting shot in the kneecaps.

Nigger that was shit

How much in DB are you honestly missing besides 'puff puff?'

The English DB dub is excellent.

As for DBZ, if you want a fillerless and more accurate dub go with Kai. But it also comes with no Faulconer music, a shitty intro and weird jarring animation ms paint edits that makes the anime look like it was made in Flash.

If you want nostalgic/Toonami DBZ as it came out in America, watch the original Funimation dub. It's cringy at times (see Goku powering up against Ginyu) but it's classic.

I personally don't like Kai because it feels rushed and I don't like Gohan's new voice, or how they fucked with the animation. If you want a to-the-point story just read the manga.

What I can at least agree with jap subfags is that the Dragon Box is the go-to for visual quality. The Orange Bricks are fucking terrible. The absolute best was the Level Sets (video related) which they unfortunately discontinued, so the best option now is the Dragon Box.

The best release of DBZ would be:
I liked 'Rock The Dragon' but it's a shame that only shows movie footage.

But no Battle Point Unlimited

Keep in mind that serious business in Dragon Ball is rarely that serious

Unfortunately, Zarbon also wants zarbon

Just read the mango
Both are fine spic dub is still the best
The original feels like a slog at times, but Kai just isn't well made
Both are good

That and Gohan's SSJ2 theme are good.
But that's about it.

The great Japanese DBZ tunes I can count on one hand.

There is much more better Faulconer tracks that kick ass. From the top of my head:
on and on..

Even the idyllic and happy moment tracks sound more lively and better than the Japanese ones (which are just recycled tracks from original DB).

Bruce Faulconer's scores always bring out the suspenseful urgent feeling and otherworldly sound because some characters are of course, not from Earth. It has its share of metal scores mixed with new age synths and industry drums to bring out a "this is not a cartoon" feel to DBZ.

this one's also great.Even if it was used a lot in fights.And I mean A LOT

How the fuck is this bad?

You sound like a Toonami nostalgia-tard. Of course, this is coming from a guy who thinks a game, being developed as a fun, competitive, balanced fighting game first and as a DB game second, is shallow, simply for not including mid-battle transformations. Even though the devs have made several good DB fighters, already. Even though there is already quite a bit of depth in the fighting system, as seen in the beta. Oh, and it's for people who play games where all the characters play the same, even though it's clear the devs are putting in the effort to make each character feel unique, which is probably why the roster isn't fuckhuge in the first place. It's funny how you're claiming the game is going to be shallow because the devs didn't go for quantity over quality.

Faulconer's tracks are good, sure, but the issue they have is that they're repetitive. I think that's why many believe Faulconer's isn't the best- it is at its best in the background.

DBZ Jap track is literally just recycled DB tracks used over and over again. The comfy tunes fitted the nature of DB where it was more about adventure, comedy and mystery. It feels out of place in Z where it's more about action and high-stakes drama.

FighterZ is deep in its gameplay. Sure, it's competitive and all, but the roster is going to be tiny as fuck. It doesn't need to be as large as Tenkaichi 3 (which included literal nobodies and non-fighters) but Budokai 3 showed us that you can have all the essential main characters and still have a decent competitive fighter. B3 had cancels, juggles, stuns, infinites and played somewhat similar to Tekken.

If you're not going for a large roster, at least make it so you can go through all stages/transformations of a particular character. It's fucking lazy that "Gohan" is just teen SSJ2 and nothing else. In Budokai 3 you have every iteration of Gohan (except for Future Gohan). It's lazy design, and the devs should know better.

Those are a bad thing and also a prime reason why a small,
Focused roster without a billion transformations is better for gameplay.

What fucking purpose does it serve starting off as a weak baby and having to spend all match powering up through the 20 stages of transformation? How is that balanced with characters who have no transformations? How about you just give me a character with a unique moveset that I can use from the start. Transformation supers make sense for some characters, but giving each and every state to every character who can do it serves no real gameplay purpose.

The Devs do know better, We don't fucking need 4 versions of Gohan. Hell, the only Transformation that I would justify as warranting their own character is Stage 1 Cell, which is drastically different and iconic for his own reasons then Stage 3 Cell. Oh, and Super Buu.

Outside of that, their only other options would be movie villains and Dragon Ball characters. I suspect if they do a sequal, they would include DB characters such as General Tao.

Yeah but who honestly wants to play as base form teen Gohan?

IMO, transformations work well for games like the Tenkaichi series that are - to me - more akin to DBZ fighting sims than actual competetive fighters. So it's fine to go into full autistic detail regarding transformations and a huge roster of literally whos. But FighterZ is developed from the ground up as a proper, functional, competitive fighter first and a Dragonball game second, so it's only natural that they trim the fat.

If you used infinites you would be doing literally 1 damage each hit. The infinites were largely used just for show or practice. It's useless in actual matches.

Here is a list of all the Budokai 3 characters, keep in mind every character has
every costume he wore in the anime as alternate skins:

Goku (Base, Kaioken, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4)
Kid Goku
Kid Gohan (Base, Unlock Potential)
Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Elder Kai Unlock Ability)
Great Saiyaman
Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Majin Vegeta, Super Saiyan 4)
Future Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
Krillin (Base, Unlock Potential)
Piccolo (Base, Sync With Nail, Fuse With Kami)
Tien
Yamcha
Hercule (Base, High Tension)
Videl
Uub
Supreme Kai
Raditz
Nappa
Captain Ginyu
Recoome
Frieza (First Form, Second Form, Third Form, Final Form, 100% Full Power, Mecha Frieza)
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Dr. Gero
Cell (First Form, #17 Absorption, Perfect Form, Super Perfect Form)
Majin Buu
Super Buu (Base, Piccolo Buu, Gotenks Buu, Gohan Buu)
Kid Buu
Dabura (Base, Demonic Will)
Bardock
Cooler (Base, Final Form, Metal Cooler)
Broly (Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan)
Omega Shenron
Saibaman
Cell Jr.
Kibito Kai
Gogeta (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4)
Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
Vegito (Base, Super Saiyan)

The only missing (major/relevant) characters are Android #19, Dodoria and Future Gohan.

Despite this big roster, it still managed to be deep competitively and each character had their own unique playstyle and moves. There is no reason for FighterZ to miss out on more than 80% of the fighting characters. The devs are just lazy.

Have you ever played any Budokai game, at all? You don't need to power up if you don't want to, you had a Ki/energy bar that gradually filled up as you dealt damage. You usually powered up only if your opponent was on the ground or far away. You can transform to the next stage if you had enough Ki. Special moves, blasts and beams also took Ki. Goku could literally use Kaioken at the beginning of the match, it doesn't take any time at all. The only ones that are difficult to do are powerful fusions or SSJ4, rightfully so.

Nobody forces you to use transformations. You can K.O. the opponent without transforming at all, just by using your skills and utilizing your Ki to do special moves instead of transforming. In Budokai you had a fuckton of options with the whole capsule system. You can make a Goku that can't go SSJ, and just fill him with a bunch of Kamehameha pills and Dragon Fists instead.

Me, nigger.
If you're gonna make a comp. fighting game with a thriving community, that means people will have mains and favorites. That means you better fucking include most DBZ characters that people want to play as. They ignore essential fighters and yet include bullshit ones from Super like "golden Frieza" or "SJW-haired Goku/Vegeta".

Maybe I'm just a hardcore DBZ fan and want my fighters to be perfect, but apparently that's too much asked. DBZ games will never be as good and polished as they were in the PS2 era.

There are plenty of tunes unique to DBZ. And you can't argue against repetitiveness while simultaneously praising the Faulconer score. DBZ was just as much comedy and adventure as it was drama, especially in the anime with all its goofy filler.

It's focused, efficient design. We don't need four different versions of a dozen characters, especially when the differences usually amount to being a bit stronger and having different hair. We don't need dev time wasted on filler when it could be used on more important things.

You just want them to pander to you.
Yeah, remember how great Sagas was?

No, watching it makes you become a Spanish meme posting retard that thinks below standard quality is like a slice of Island Duck with Mulberry Mustard.

See what I mean? I can hear the jajaja espanol from here.

I'm still not sure why people try to justify watching dragon ball z at all. DB was a nice adventure series but definitely not something to binge watch, and there's so many other great shows out there that blow DBZ away in every way.

Nomalfags should be euthanized.

This was a still scene where he talked for a few minutes by the way.

Kai sub with Yamamoto's music. DBZ is full of filler, repeated shots and ridiculously long pauses, all of which are fixed in Kai. Don't let nostalgiafags convince you otherwise.

If you only want to know the basic story and can endure ebin interwebs 'humour', Dragon Ball Abridged does a decent enough job.

Nothing is ever touching BT3 in terms of fanservice, anything that tries will inevitably just be ignored by the collective spic that is the DBZ fandom in favor of BT3. So why not try something different?
I'm personally fine with just getting a really good fighting game featuring Dragon Ball characters.

I don't like what they did to Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.

Not watched it yet. They didn't make any political statements, did they?

It's even more retarded when it's those still frames when it's just lip flaps, or when they reuse said awful stills and don't even improve them when reusing them.

You know damn well they're going to quit after they finish the cell saga, they all want to move on to other shit and already don't have the time to keep making episodes

Faggots should be executed.

A few remarks about racism here and there and they turned it completely into a Christmas thing, including making Dr. Raichi/Hatchiyack Santa Claus.

It got worse and worse because the in-jokes keep piling up and the guys in charge started taking it seriously

Anyone who watches anime is already a faggot, user.

Even niggers who love DBZ?

Fuck Toriyama

The term 'nigger-faggot' exists for a reason.

But I thought the reason was that it's fun to say?

This.

TFS used to be funny, peaking at Namek and the early Android saga.

I think it's mainly how they replaced the "lol so random" gags with unnecessarily complicated "Get it? xD" jokes that aren't really funny.

Nigger, DBZ inspired people to hit the fucking gym. and act like real men.

DBZ =/= Moe gay shit

Good thing there are no faggots that are muscle-men.

I thought it was alright. Certainly not worth further delaying Cell games though.

Anything cheap with Sanwa or Seimitsu parts with the features you want (PC/Console/Both Support). Asides that practically all sticks are the same besides aesthetics. I usually go Qanba or Hori because they're cheaper.

Considering the other shit they do, they'll either do that and focus on the other series they work on(they're completely butchering FF7 with their abridged version of the game, which has Teen Titans Go level of comedy and writing), or sacrifice their gaming/anime discussion channel to focus more on their abridged/official dub (hells) content and finish up the buu saga.

They didn't push any particular political/social opinions that hard this time (a small couple quips calling out racism), but you can tell they didn't really put much effort into this. They're content in general has been getting worse for a long time now, playing it more safe with their content (with the exception of their Hellsing abridged series, but even then you can tell it's been slightly toned down) now that they're becoming bigger and more corporate and less of just a side hobby with friends. I see them going the way of Roosterteeth within a couple years. Maybe even sooner and even worse than them.

I'll add an oy gevalt as well.

(1)

The funniest part about this being that they referenced this in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

I don't know who i'll go for the 3rd member, i like how piccolo plays but i also like beerus, hit and frieza. I really like Hit as a character but his moveset doesn't appeal to me too much, apparantly he's really grounded and has different stances?

Kill yourself. Even with only one woman on the roster, the ratio's already skewed too far in favor of female fighters, let alone with the inevitable and undeserved inclusion of Android 21. Fuck you and stupid Coldsteel fanfiction additions like Towa/Mira.

All of them are trash. Only Kefla justifies taking up a slot.

That's what Bandai Namco does in the current year. Arcsys is pretty good about DLC by fighting game standards but the publisher calls the shots.

life isn't fair

I call it "3 gods team".

Future gohan was in budokai 3 though

fine, be a fag

I'd allow it

aka the "we're on the bench for the rest of the series despite having really good runs in our arcs" team.

who also happen to be a perfect combination of pure rushdown, pure zoning and mix-up pressure

Hit's basically Geese Howard in that he focuses on counters, and doesn't have many ranged options but isn't rushdown, Beerus is Venom ala Guilty Gear, he's based on space control and setting up energy orbs you can bounce around in weird spots and is probably a better addition to your team.

Frieza requires a little explaining, his gimmick is based around his Golden Form where he does some dirty shit like bringing in one of his minions to shoot you from the background, and he has a wakeup super that he either has to be knocked down to use or he has to knock himself down with an returning energy disk to go into.

Goku Black is the Akuma of the game in relation to Goku's Ryu, so if you're looking for a 3rd character to round out your "Basic, Advanced, Gimmick" triangle you have going on, check out Ginyu for your 3rd, he has a literal storm of assist specials that're fun to use.

And she's currently fighting in the frontlines in the new arcs, so you're retarded and outed as a shill/dumbass.

if anything 17 got shafted more then 18, he literally only showed up in one scene after the Cell saga, and GT never counted since he was a villain in that one because of some serious bullshit.

To be fair, even the males like Piccolo who was relegated as a glorified babysitter kept getting the shaft either through jobbing or staying in the sidelines watching and commenting on the few who had the best chances of remotely coming out on top (the super saiyans). That is until the events post RoF in Super. It's more of an issue of power creep and Toei milking things, for me.

Doesn't 18 still do tourney's for fight money though?
I mean if there's a character that got remanded and butchered it's Videl. 18 is probably still kicking ass off screen, so who cares? Also she's a main fighter in the latest arc.

What a shitty, shitty, shitty roster.

No he wasn't. You're thinking of regular/ultimate Gohan in the Buu saga.

Pan is cute as fuck and I want her in EVERYTHING Dragon Ball

what a shit roster

Character is a big word

It's about as good as the movies. Not as great as you believe it is.

Acting often ranges from 'okay' to 'passable' but never really "excellent." Most of the dialog Funimation did was very stilted while making changes to either add shit that adults think children would say on a playground, or just to add a random pun that serves no point other than to be "funny." Goku's personality was also changed to be kept in line with the whole "superhero" thing they were doing in the Freiza saga… Speaking of which.

It's fine if you like funimation's old dbz dub. But you gotta admit that it goes far beyond "cringy at times" It's not really even entertaining in a funnybad kind of way, like Sailor Moon was. From top to bottom the entire Namek saga was a fucking abomination of a dub. The acting was horrible, the writing was horrible, and the Super saiyan theme did not make up for the rest of the shitty music my ears had to endure. I'm actually glad Kai exists because at least I have the option to watch the first half of Z with some sort of coherency. Cell arc was a step up, as was the buu arc from that. but even then they suffers from the same issues as I said DB and their movies had.

I can't really side with people like yourself who will eat up the old dub, but say Kai is bad for some superficial reason. Like "it's too fast" and "they replaced the rockin music and my favorite actress so it sounds weird to me." Practically ignoring what the whole point of kai was in the US because you couldn't have your nostalgia quenched.

You gotta learn to read, man. He didn't say the DBZ Dub was excellent.

Look at this gay.

Sure, some of the filler plots in the anime are entertaining. But in general?

Is Goku fucking done powering up yet? And will he finish before his opponent punches him in the dick? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z!

Full Kefla fight with topless edit and sound when?

Speaking of, are any of the DB movies good? I saw the very beginning of the 3rd movie and it looked interesting

Are we even talking about the same series? The whole thing is about muscle gays wrestling and shooting white stuff at each other. Go watch a magical girl anime if you want to see women fight.

Some are, Fusion Reborn and Wrath of the Dragon were fun, as well as History of Trunks an Bardock.

DBZ is the exact opposite of the SJW commie hipster millenial trash.

"Bardock Father of Goku" and "History of Trunks" are the only 2 canon/essential movies to watch. The rest is skippable.

Retard.

Only 90s kids will remember

No.

It helps if you actually watched DBZ subbed.

Oh, you're a Toonami-cuck
Try actually watching more than 2 seconds of the Jap dub before normalfagging out.

Normalfags need to be lynched.

Curse of the Blood Rubies and Mystical Adventure are great. I'd say pass on the Path to Power; it's pretty boring aside from it's animation. Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle is ok, but not that memorable.

For DBZ movies, I'd say go with Dead Zone, World's Strongest, Cooler's Revenge, Bojack, Wrath of the Dragon, Fusion Reborn, and Battle of Gods. The Broly movies are honestly not that exceptional, especially the third one. Return of Cooler has the worst animation of any Dragon Ball movie. Tree of Might and Android 13 have lots of wasted potential. Lord Slug is a boring retread of the King Piccolo story.

The Trunks and Bardock specials are also recommended, just avoid the 2011 Bardock sequel which has some awful, pointless fan-fiction tier retcons.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I thought Blood Rubies was an interesting retelling with great scenery but holy shit it was just blazed through everything way too fast for its own good.

No, there was an official interview where Toriyama admitted that he just flat out forgot to reveal the real names so he just decided to not bother
tl;dr he's a hack with dementia and we'll never see Lunch again

The filler episodes from the original are great, but Kai removes the absolutely atrocious padding that the non-filler episodes had. No, really, a fight scene that took 3 episodes in original is less than half of an episode in Kai, and it's just from pointless pauses and staredowns being cut.
The ideal way to watch DBZ would be JP Kai (with subtitles) but with the original filler (also JP) present, but good fucking luck sorting that out as a playlist without having already watched the series.

What are you gay user?

Reading comprehension. He said one female fighter is one too many.

Come on, they aren't even good Saiyan girls. Kale is especially shit. If you want good female fighters, you go with choices like pre-marriage Chichi, 18, Lunch, or even pull from anime-only stuff, like Zangya and Fasha. Hell, the girl that turns into a fattie would be a more interesting choice than 2nd-rate Goku and Broly.

Let's get down to business

Young Chichi > Vados > Bulma > Caulifla > Kale

Ideal DLC roster:
1.- Muten Roshi
2.- Hercule with Jetpack
3.- Yaridobe
4.- Ribrianne de Chateau w/ universe 2
5.- Young goku with monkey transformation lvl 3
6.- Broly
7.- Dabura
8.- Young Videl w/ Trunks and Goten

Honorable mentions:
Zarbon
Bardock
N 17 switching with N 18 on the same character, switching lead
Android 21 playable
Xenoverse whore
Caulifla w/ Kale + Cabba
Launch. using meter changes stance into blonde. Every second as blonde spends meter, but you hit like a fucking truck. Yellow Launch has lvl 1 and lvl 3 as well, latter command grab close up point blank shot, and lvl 1 being machine gun a la B.B hood with bank robbers.

Faggot.

where is gohan blanco

And of course, Arale-chan

Saiyaman is better off as a skin for adult gohan , if that's what you meant.

No I mean Gohan Blanco.

what?
Are you some sort of mexi shitposter

I know big father or abuelo won't be in but I kinda wanted gohan blanco in game anyways.

It's a meme about some spic and brazilian jewtube channels theorizing about 'Gohan Blanco' and 'El Grande Padre',which mostly consists of Gohan having white hair and fighting Daishinkan
to be fair the spic dub is probably the best and most faithful DB and DBZ dub

no fucking way

nigger it's part of the canon, vid related

jajaja

Which movie villains should be in DBFZ, if any? Brolyfags need not apply.

it doesn't matter if the brolyfags apply or not, he'll be in simply based on the fact that he's the most famous movie character

If I had a gun to my head I'd predict a movie character block of dlc with Broly, Bardock and either Cooler or Janemba

Nappa/Piccolo/Tien

Janemba or bust.

If you don't like Caulifla then you have absolutely dogshit-tier taste in waifus and I really can't take you seriously. You probably have chronic autism too.

That said, the roster is fine and she doesn't need to be in this game.

He's going to be in for as long as he puts sales through the roof. I'm honestly surprised that ridiculous SSJ3 form was never tapped for DLC.

What about Kefla?

Incomplete list.

Oh I completely missed the word "movie"

Still counts.

Nice thanks for the save

perfect team here we go: