Super sonic is free for the first month but will be paid dlc after

but for what fucking purpose? honestly not even worth waiting for a crack at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/945016478113390594
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66168636
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just like online in switch. Free until 2018, paid service after.

more /ss/

So that when the next game launches with day 1 dlc which is essentially just a power up, all the shills will start up their historical revisionism of how people were okay with it before.

What?
So even if you collect 7 emeralds you wont become super sonic unless you pay?

seconding this. Make use of a shit thread.

There are no chaos emeralds in sonic forces.

I don't think I have appropriate reaction image for this.

What does Rouge barter with Tails to fug with then?

All the DLC I ever bought in my life amounted to this: $2 DLC to play as Proto Man in Mega Man 9.
That's all. I avoided paying for DLC nearly all my life & can't understand niggers that still pay for it.

I'M THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS I AM THE ROUGHEST OF WAVES

Infinite is just a worse version of Mephiles

Man… After Forces's disappointment all I want is a 3D Sonic game where I can free run everywhere.

I thought about using Little Planet's present as the HUB world where it's designed like a road map with platforming in between blocks, but then you use your platforming skills from overworld to go into the past and complete objectives to collect Timestone shards to "normalize" the rifts separating zones. Also the Chaos Emeralds are there to give you extra powers at the expense of rings like Chaos Control which slows down time. Sonic did this in SA2. More emeralds you collect, the more chaos powers you unlock until you get Super Sonic.

Also rework avatar customization to Sonic customization. Give Sonic the GAMER hat and the Sanic shirt and we'll talk.

Also no more wisps. Period. Just have elemental shields.

I though hyper shadow was suppose to be chromish or something

those are modern and classic sonics, not shadow

When will it just fucking die?

I'm kind of amazed how much Sonic Team went out of their way to screw over Taxman

Embed related about the "Mania was never real" part.

Holy fucking shit, this is why nobody likes nuSonic.

Just when I think shitty nu-Sonic Team can't get more retarded, I get disappointed again.

At this point Sonic Team should be liquidated or continue to exist but stop making Sonic Games. Give Sonic to Taxman and either LakeFeperd or the Sonic Utopia team for the 3D stuff.

Has anyone played the new Fark demo?

Motherxson is fucking weird and it can be hot, but the guy's literally just getting his dad's leftovers. What the fuck are you doing?

More like Sonic forces customers to bend over.

Sure why not.

Has there been a villain with more wasted potential than Infinite?

He's being a pleb that doesn't prefer the infinitely superior broxsis, greatest of all incestuous pairings.

Endowment effect, except done in a particularly faggy way. The intent is to let them get a taste and get comfy with something, then take it away. Impulse fags proceed to dump life's savings to get it back.

as cool as it sounds on paper (literally), the real life iteration is significantly less glamorous. The fact of the matter is that no mother will look anything like Ikki's mom or Iori Rinko, aight?

it was blatantly obvious what to expect from the start.

You guys ever consider that she's doing this because she knows it will get her son out of bed?

No, third+ cousin is the best.

Yup. Which makes it cuter.

The English makes it sound dirtier when she says it's a trick she learned on TV and that she has ones to get Ikki to do more chores. The Japanese isn't that much cleaner, as his Mom says it's something she came up with and wrote as advice to the newspaper, "a magic trick to get kids out of bed, presto!"

Must of been the Bizzaro dub

Not intentionally, especially since they removed his Mom's wink and pinky thingie, but considering it's beyond mere getting in bed with her son and leaves it at that is all you need.

Ruin all of Sega's marketing to normalfags.
Make them loathe everything from the company.
Make every feature look like the worst thing ever, until they are ashamed of even talking about Sega.
That is the only way to cut the funding of those predatory practices.
The whales and normalfags will only stop paying for shit when made to be ashamed of their choices.

ADV's dubs could be silly and decent, too bad they were copyright-hungry retards.

great anime btw

Lets see if this works.

You can still be a trap if you're under 40!

The latter doesn't seem to be working!

Despite How easy it would be to not fuck up
They manage to fuck up literally everything.

Also the whole classic series retcon literally doesn't work without nuking nearly every game in the series up until Forces

If they wanted to get really ballsy, they could have used the multiple dimension plot point to make a Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood stage and create more weapon types for the OC. I still stand by the thought that if they were given a year or two more to fully flesh out ideas, the game could have been something special.

Still the best.

The actual fuck is this boringness? Only thing worse is motherxdaughter, which might as well be 2 way cuckshit.

Is it even considered incest at that point? Uncle Niece is only second to sisterwife+daughters harem.

Marketing is the only thing keeping Sonic alive.

Actually, they were doing an okay job of not being completely fucking retarded until Forces.

Although technically, you might want to draw the line at Lost World on PC and iirc they tried to do some bullshit with antitamper.

Don't worry. For once, even the normalfags are pissed and hearing none of it. You don't fucking try to make people pay for
Super Sonic
when it's always been a flashy rewarding unlockable to enjoy, even when it's just a boss with new different gameplay.

Absolute unanimous "Fuck off".

The game is Persona Non-Grata because of the Penders Lawsuit (and because it was made by filthy gaijins Bioware).

The worst part is, the problem with Forces wasn't that it was half-assed, it was undermanned in the worst way possible. The game had 3 (three) level designers, only one of which actually worked on Sonic before (and it was only on Lost World. Come to think of it, Lost World itself only had like 7 people on it right?

Really makes ya think.

We have to get this shit out there and we have to get it met with nothing buy outrage.

Why do so many people think this? It's Super Shadow, Why the would Shadow's Super form be called Hyper when Hyper Sonic already exists.
The only thing that ever called him Hyper Shadow was a players guide that was wrong. You need to go out of your way to be wrong about this.

What is this? An Ultra Instinct sonic?

Swiggity swooty where's the Rouge booty

I think sonic forces was pretty good for a $40 game. I found it a lot more enjoyable than Sonic Colors, which is what it was building off of. The last stretch had the story completely divebomb and take the rest of the game with it ("haha i'm going to suck sonic into a void dimension that is impossible to escape from" and then they escape in 3 seconds, or Dr. Eggman's big master plan they hyped up for the entire game was just "lol i'll drop a sun on everything including me.") The avatar is the best thing they've added to Sonic since the Chao Garden, and there is a lot of replayability. I really do not get how it was in development for so long just for us to find out it was made by Sonic Team's b-team and still feel like they rushed it out.

So when is Nintendo going to charge people money to have Fire Mario as DLC?

SOURCE!

dood

you can not make this shit up

Holy shit.

Also comment of the year.

Wait what's the difference between this and the official one?

His avatar is that star in a ring.

Yeah buy other than that and a small difference in the bottom area, it's the same logo?

I can't blame them for not noticing, since that's something that appears in Sonic anyway.

This was no coincidence

The point is, Sega don't have a copy of their own logo available internally and use a fan recreation for promotional images instead. It's embarrassingly inept.

It probably wasn't done internally. It was likely handed to an outside source that does advertisements such as this. It's not uncommon to hire an outside company or a freelancer, and little mistakes like this happen a lot more than you'd believe

Not everyone is Crapcom for fuck's sake.

Who said anything about any other game publisher? This is done for all sorts of companies. There isn't always someone who does strictly this sort of thing around, because to keep them on the payroll is costly and makes no sense when they only do maybe one project every few months.

Stop excusing retards you dipshit.

I've handled things like this for companies before, managing websites. Basically, if you don't have a company's logo on hand, sometimes the best option is to google that company, and pick the highest res one with transparency, rather than email someone asking for it and wait for a response. Whoever's in charge of Sonic's marketing and/or social media presence likely made the same call, because it's usually the right one.

So when did I do this? The misconception is that this was an internal job when it probably wasn't. Follow the post chain.

Thank you, finally someone who isn't so blind in their autism that they get it.

The bare minimum you should expect any contractors to receive would be the material they require to do their jobs. Either Sega didn't even e-mail them the logo for the very game they need to create an advert for, or they're hiring people who don't check their e-mails to use the stuff they're given and just half-ass it by taking whatever comes up on an image search instead.

Nah. Pic related are some parts that are different in the official logo.

You forgot the main important part.
Big red star doesn't have a line on top of it, and it can be easily identified even from a distance.

OCs from twatter

Are you fucking kidding me? This game is worse than I thought

only 2D traps are cute and not gay.

This is actually the best way to do dlc, like snk with kof14 where you could download certain dlc shit for free over the weekend and keep it, after which it becomes a thing to pay for,

No, the best way to do DLC is to significantly add features stages and items in a size that would be parable to the content in the package ratioed to the content in the game.
Like say if SUPER SONIC was already in the game, and they had a small subcampaign, in say, the Arabian nights dimension to Get Darkspine Sanic
Or fuck, just make a Sanic transformation that you unlock from a set of levels and challenges.
Micro DLC is literally the worst shit.

This isn't as bad as Battlefront 2 but it's just disappointing and a step back. Maybe if it had a final story combined with the Super Sonic DLC it wouldn't be bad, but it's seriously a step back from unlocking with red rings. From this and Sega's Denuvo shit with Mania, I'm all in favor of someone buying the Sonic IP. No, not Nintendo, they'll definetly do the same DLC shit and I bet most of the games are going to be like Lost World where it may be polished but too safe and bland. Or at least a huge makeover and yes let the Mania team handle the IP from now. Seriously this game might as well be Sonic Forces fans to fix it, as the only thing that makes interested in this game is the mod possibilities, specifically the avatar character mods a la Xenoverse. Damn shame, I thought the Boost games were fun and would've liked to have one on the go with the Switch, but I'm guessing until Switch modding becomes a thing, PC is the only good version.

Y'know here's a thought, sega's recycling Generation's engine anyway.
Why not get in touch with the generations modding community, or get in touch with some of the people that worked in the ancient Adventure/2 modders.

I'm pretty sure they went on record saying that Forces uses the Hedgehog 2 engine, I think it's the first game to use it.

you're half right anyways

Are there mods being made for lives, drifting, longer stages and better Classic gameplay?

I fucking hate how this shit is so bad this might be the end of boost entirely from the reception, general shittiness and further fuckups like DLC, which Aaron Webber even had to respond to fans about just a day later on fucking Christmas.

You can see there was a degree of polishing with the control and now being able to clever rocket across entire portions of the stage by taking different paths and blasting off a ledge. But a bunch of fucking newfags that don't know anything were tasked with a precious anniversary project that was supposed to be a return to form. How the fuck can there be retards this bad in Japan and even getting paid, let alone getting management positions?

to this day, I wonder what happen to eggman.

ok then. Not trying to defend the game, but this sounds like a shitty internet theory, not an actual statement by Sega.

Why does this shit exist.

internet, just the internet

If the Ruby only has the power to make you hallucinate something happening rather than actually do anything magical, that means Mania's zones never existed (since nearly every transition cutscene is the Ruby activating and "teleporting" you) and the Heavies weren't actually transformed, they were just normal Eggrobos under an illusion.

Considering the Ruby can create pocket dimensions and transport people across them (Egg Reverie Zone, Null Space, transporting Sonic from Mania into Forces) it would be incorrect to say the Ruby only creates illusions. I can see how Sega could use it to nullify a lot of stuff in Mania, but until it is actually confirmed I'm skeptical.

If you think of it that way, the dimension that sonic mania resides is just tails imagination. sonic team was so pissed that they made the whole game non-canon Ă  la sonic 06

this guy said it best

>sonic team was so pissed that they made the whole game non-canon Ă  la sonic 06
Then why the fuck was Silver there?

He was reintroduced in those Rivals games for the PSP that no one bought.

THE CANON I'VE LOST

THE GAMEPLAY I'VE LOST

IT WONT STOP HURTING

That makes no sense.

Sorry I missed the joke before

These can only both be true if:

Note that A is officially confirmed ingame because Tails says "So this is where Eggman built Infinite" in Final Judgement (shit level name), but the Shadow story says Infinite is just a guy and no one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Generation was made on Hedgehog Engine, which was recycled from Unleashed. Forces is on Hedgehog Engine 2, which is really just more modifications on the original Hedgehog Engine and cleaning out old stuff they don't need.

Or Alternatively there's option E
It's inconsistent because the plot was rushed to spite a party, and they nixed story consistency for attacking value.

Wasn't there a comic that explained Infinite's origins?

I'd love for it to be D, but let's face it it's probably gonna be C. After all, Classic Sonic does cease to exist after the Ruby is destroyed.

Considering that the entire character is a living meme, I'd lean towards the latter.

I reject this pathetic asshurt retcon retardation entirely.

The real Sonic visibly is shown in a nostalgic callback to the beginning of Sonic 3 before any reality warping shit happens and the new stages are entered like any other area. Fuck those pathetic retarded asshurt hacks just like trying to retroactively ruin Majora's Mask when we all fucking know the creator intended it to be the real deal when he directed it.

Bring on the wincest while we rip into nu-Sonic Team's retarded shit more.

Like pottery.

>>>Holla Forums

It is, but it has very few negative consequences compared to other forms of incest. In fact, it might be genetically beneficial in many ways compared to regular intercourse.

>DEFENDING STORY
>IN VIDEO GAMES
no

Incidentally, didn't the phantom Ruby have a different name from the start?

But wait, there's more:
I'm clearly thinking way too hard about this, but that's just how my autism is.

Then who's the Base Goblin? Tails?

You're player character

No shit. You're the player character in every game.

wow that is some grade-A 100% pure Colombian autism ladies and gentlemen disco shit disco shit.

BLOW

You're custom character/avatar

>Trying to get a canon nintendrone to play a PS4 game

In fact, I've just dug out a lot of similar shit from the Adventure-era games, I'll compile a list a bit later.

LIQUID

VOLGIN

RAIDEN

And of course METAL gear

Shadow may actually be Liquid, at least, in SA2:
also
Since ShTH, he becomes Solid:
More later.

Mind you, it came out way earlier before Snake Eater.

I would actually equate Silver more to Raiden, he would just need to be come an edge lord in his own solo game

and yeah Shadow was artificially created as a weapon so he would be a Snake.

Silver's voice actor was even replaced by Quinton Flynn. This shit writes itself.

SNAAAAAAAAAAKE

maybe he's a faggot and shes trying to cure him.

Now neither of them will be virgins!

He's not. It's been ages, but I remember there being some sexual tension (or whatever you'd call it for someone that young) with one of the girls on the show. One of the funniest moments I remember was in the finale of the first season when she leans in real slow and you think she's going to kiss him and then she fucking headbutts him instead "for good luck"

I am getting into weird territory here with your autism. I only now realized Ocelot looks too much like Dr. Gero.

wew

It's both. He was "notimportant", Shadow kicked his ass, then he decided to be a test subject for Eggman as a conduit for the phantom ruby, so eggman re-built him.

then eggman ripped him apart when he failed to stop sonic during the final fight and took the phantom ruby for himself

I forgot about that.

Tell me, does everyone with green eyes have a higher chance of being Jewish than those who aren't?

No, there are brown eyes for that. And i am pretty sure there are a lot of blue eyed ashkenazis.

Jews are gene stealers.

Tails said Eggman rebuilt the Death Egg, meaning it had been built before. The only time the Death Egg was ever built previously was in the classic trilogy, and when it was called back through a time portal in Generations. Forces also has Green Hill, Chemical Plant and Death Egg. The parallel dimension retcon makes no sense even within Forces. The only way it can make sense as another dimension is if time runs slower in that dimension.

Chikao Ohtsuka was the seiyuu for Eggman, old Big Boss in MGS4, and Taopaipai in Dragonball, coincidentally. Along with a shitload of other voices like Xehanort and Lupin III's Goemon.

I believe. I can't shit on these retards enough now.

I'd love to see a cuhraze sonic made by platinum games.

user, enabling your mother's decision to NTR your father is unforgivable.

Nah fuck that, just give it to a new team.

Yakuza team Sonic beat em up when?

With Knuckles?

With denuvo.
And you must pay a DLC to enable spin dash.

Shit, I thought Silver was voiced by Flynn as early as 06.

For the amount of time and gameplay and level length I got, $40 is not worth it at all

There had to be a Death Egg I, you know.

It could be the Death Egg from Sonic Drift 2

>>>/tumblr/

Sonic Team is just asking to be Heat Attacked with a baseball bat Goro-style. How fucking incompetent do you have to be to not have capitalized on this like they did with Mania? I can't fucking imagine it's that difficult to get into contact with Dario and ask the unleashed project guys if they wanted to help make forces. Maybe then it wouldn't be nowhere as shit.

go back to kikebook, stay there and/or kys pls

Omega would be right at home methinks.

wait wouldn't that be venom snake?

Pretty sure blue eyes is more common among kikes than green eyes but most of them have brown eyes of course.

There needs to be more hyper /ss/. Unfortunately, only Eigaka seems to really draw this kind of thing.

Ooooh, I get it. The Chaos Emeralds are supposed to be the shekels you give to SEGA in order to help them create more Sonic games and keep Sonic strong. Bravo, SEGA!

twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/945016478113390594

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?

how about this guy
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66168636

It was made clear in Mania, at least if you read its manual (which should have at least come in the download with the game, I admit) that the Phantom Ruby does exactly what its name implies, it creates phantoms, fake versions of things. The Hard-Boiled heavies are still real, as they existed before they got to the Phantom Ruby.

Sonic rips off Dragon Ball Z. Classic Sonic is from an "alternate dimension" the same way Trunks is. By going back in time you don't change the time you came from, you just create an alternate timeline. Classic Sonic is from an alt timeline, splitting at the point where he first shows up in Generations. They just called it alternate dimension instead of alternate timeline because they're retarded, but it's pretty much the same thing.

Modern Sonic still had the old games in his past, as they are heavily referenced in Adventure, which nobody would claim is Classic Sonic. If anything, Classic Sonic doesn't actually have the classic games in his timeline, though given Mania, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to infer that all the classic games did happen in his timeline, plus the Classic Sonic stages from Generations, plus Mania. The main difference between he and Modern Sonic is that Modern Sonic never experienced the Classic Sonic stages from Generations or Forces, and Mania never happened for him.

Now the problem with that is that how did the Phantom Ruby get from Classic Sonic's timeline to Modern Sonic's? Classic Eggman isn't referenced anywhere in Forces, and it's made to seem like Modern Eggman is responsible for it. Did he find it after it got warped to his timeline with Classic Sonic at the end of Mania? They clearly didn't think about it as hard as we are, because despite lots of references to older stories, this is clearly written by people who didn't get the old ones. It's the same as all the games since Colors, only with forced references and edginess, because they figured that's what the old 3D games were like. But they were just simple anime knockoffs, while this is more like a bad Deviantart fanfiction comic.

Also where does Silver come from in Forces? Is it '06 Silver summoned by the Phantom Ruby fucking with spacetime? Did Rivals Silver come back in time again? Since no explanation whatsoever is given, is it perhaps that he's not even from the future? Has enough time passed since '06 that Silver has now been born and this is essentially Kid Silver?

The Death Egg II isn't destroyed at the end of Sonic 4, it's just left without a power source. The Death Egg II from Fighters can be the same one but fixed and expanded upon. Sonic 4 is a prequel to Fighters.

That completely misses the point of /ss/ and shota in general.

It takes quite a while to 100% the game. There's an okay amount to do in each level. It doesn't have the huge amount of content as Adventure 2 or Unleashed, but it's on par with pretty much every other Sonic game. Probably more than Generations.

By definition, to be a trap it is required to be passable as a girl.

I clicked on this thread without reading. I was hoping for ssj and got furries…

P. good, but I don't think this is what "hyper" means, I always thought it meant that expansion rubbish where the tits go building size.

it does not, actually

Animated .gif for the visually impaired. The whole thing is different.

Yeah, as run-of-the-mill Eggrobos. They might still exist, but anything unique about them was fake.

Now that manual stuff is all well and good but, you neglect to notice the fact that Mania has been in the works since like ~2013 considering leftovers that were in Sonic 2 on mobile before patches
Not to mention sega could have and probably started at the very least a cross over "bible" of continuity that whitehead would have had to subject himself to for the crossover. As early as 2 years before Forces came out.
While things could be excused by "it was all a dream" the plot element that's lazy writing and reeks of being rewritten last minute.

I'd much rather /ara/, if anything because I can't shake the fact that incest is disgusting. Nothing wrong with Stacy's mom though.

Is >>>/hyper/ dead forever?

No it doesn't
>Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails were also tracking the signal but arrived a little late to the party-the HBH were already there, excavating a mysterious gemstone out of the ground. As they did so, space time suddenly warped around them, catapulting them all to the Green Hill Zone.
That's all about the Phantom Ruby except in the HBH section where it says

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Hopefully

inb4 ban

Why do you get banned for muttposting? It's not like cakejew's white or anything.

Muttposting gets reported quickly and repeatedly. Mark's pretty sensitive to waves of butthurt reports.

They seemed to be the ones controlling the Phantom Ruby, so while their physical forms might be different, it was their personalities that created those forms.

Doing all that work you said would imply that Sega, Sonic Team, or the people making Mania gave a flying fuck about story. Clearly, nobody involved did.

Yeah I don't know why I referenced the manual. I meant in the fight with the magician robot, where you fight Fang, Bean, and Bark, and they're clearly fake versions.

Fuck it. I'm not gonna sit here and defend the story. However, I am willing to accept that it warps space and time and creates illusions, because we see it do both those things, and both of those things are essential to the story. It warps space and time to create illusions. The illusions can still touch you so they're real in that sense. They're just not regular reality.

Didn't know it was a bannable offense sorry, I just wanted to know if the >>>/hyper/ admin was still around.

I hope the sonic series crash and burn

Come on, dude. No one interpreted that as specifically the ruby's power and not just the magician's power. The magician doesn't even have the ruby. You might as well have said the ruby has ninja powers, because the ninja heavy used a katana and threw shurikens.

I thought the Phantom Ruby worked like that device from the Bubsy cartoon, where whatever you think up becomes real. Otherwise I think its just translation errors.

That's exactly why

It has to be illusionary. Otherwise, the giant sun that Infinite conjured up would have been just as harmful to Eggman as it would have been to all the heroes. Plus, the whole mechanic of Infinite's boss fights is that touching his red cubes temporarily makes the arena more dangerous, which only makes sense if touching the cubes was making Sonic/Buddy hallucinate them.