Steam Sale Thread: Stop Locking New Ones, The Old One Is Dead Edition

The "existing steam sale thread >>14023300 " is on the last page and it's bumplocked. It's dead. We make new gamergate threads for less. Either put the old one on a bump cycle, or allow a new one to be made.

Other urls found in this thread:

alephone.lhowon.org/),
simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief:_The_Dark_Project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Underworld:_The_Stygian_Abyss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune#Works
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why?

Also I'm thinking of getting every Serious Sam game. Any chance it's good?

Because threads get auto-bumplocked after they pass 300 posts.
The mainline games are good, particularly First and Second Encounter. Not Serious Sam 2, that's something completely different from Second Encounter. Serious Sam 2 sucks.
I don't really know the difference that well between the regular versions and the HD versions, and Serious Sam 3 is kinda divisive.
Then there's the Indie Series made by other developers, which are another crapshoot in themselves.

This is still better than another fucking cuckchan raid.

Black Watchmen is a game where you do investigations via sifting through paperwork and actually doing real life research. You can get it + Ahnaryo which is a game about making connections between symbols in dreams for less than 5 dollarydoos as long as you dont buy the pack with the overpriced soundtracks

DRM threads belong on >>>/cuckchan/

Are you fucking kidding me OP?
These deserve to get deleted, they are (rightfully) full of shitposting.
Fuck Steam, Valve and anyone who lacks the integrity and responsibility as consumers to still support them.

I haven't bought anything from Steam for 2 years, out of disliking it's arrogance and poor service. Is there any steam exclusive that is an absolute must-have?

It's not just the DRM, it's that Steam is a prescription: If you get banned, you lose all your games! It's ridiculous. It's to the point where in terms of gaming legally, console is better than PC.

There is none that you can't pirate
Only problem is you can't support certain actually good devs sometimes

I don't mind shelling out shekels to them, I just hate that 30% of the money goes to Gaben's fat ass. At least the hipster nu-males on humble bundle had the decency to let you put 100% of the money to the developers. I would rather pay 200$ for a game where the money goes all to the developers, than pay 100$ and have 30$ go to Valve.

Convince me not to Hearts of Iron 4.

Don't tell me you honestly thought 100% of the cash went to the developer when you bought a game retail.

Developers would disagree with you. They'd rather sell 10 copies and give 30% to Valve than sell two copies and and keep the 100%.

It's garbage, has less features that HoI2 and the AI is still as dumb as ever. Never give money to Paradox, just go and pirate Darkest Hour, they even released a new patch recently.

In their eyes, gaben is the first and only jew.

Any one want to recommend a single player FPS under £5? Looking for just a good quality FPS and I've played all the obvious shit. Triple A prefered over Indie minecraft knock off shite.

Strife perhaps? There's really not all that much in the FPS genre these days to talk about.

What do you consider "obvious"?
Play UT2k4 with some big fat mods or something.

Unreal, Half-life, Doom, CS, TF, Quake. The stuff everyone has played.

I bought Speebot, demo was fun

NuShadow Warrior is at 8£

reminder that Holla Forums is full of mentally backward aids patients that obsess over their worst nightmare of a new thread being created.
as though it cost them a bitcoin a time.
not realising that the whole point of these kind of sites is to have a continuously refreshed stream of disposable and current threads.
too much time on plebbit and they can't change their cancerous ways.

What's the game like anyway?

You mean the millionaire hipster new males that sold out to IGN, so now the site looks like apple.com and doesn't even sell games anymore, instead focussing on worthless ebooks, money off vouchers and costume colour change dlcs for more than the price they would be separately.

Yeah, those anarchists need supporting.

Sort yourselves out you biased faggots

My guess is they are all linux 'gamers' from reddit, probably trannies too.

Syrian Warfare as someone who doesn't really have a lot of experience with RTTs yes/no?

I don't even like steam and think its the worst thing to happen to pc gaming, but god damn i hate faggoty mods more than anything. It's like they're straighy outta neofag.

Its a shallow shooter with really weak guns

It's a good game, but be ready to rage because it is difficult and most of the vehicles you get early on, even the tanks, are made of cardboard and will get incapacitated/blown up by one or two RPGs. Most maps are urban with lots of places for infantry to hide in, and things get even worse when they start using missiles.

This in turn encourages a specific type of playstyle, in that in you advance with the infantry while using your vehicles as long range support, at least until you get your hands on more sturdy tanks that can take a beating.

Go back to cuckchan

It's an actual fast FPS focused on melee where you occasionally shoot monsters.
It's true that the guns are meh but then you don't actually use them that much so…
The 2 went bordermeme style.

I never played Half-Life.

WHAT A SURPRISE

also how many people do you know that have been banned from steam alltogether?

Loot FPS are fun as hell. It's an under used genre when it's not rogue lite indie junk.

Do so, it's 40p right now.

Why do all of you faggots come in here just to say you hate steam?
We get it, you're consolecucks that are mad that PC is the superior platform that doesn't have to pay a MONTHLY fee just to play online.

This is what tards believe?

If you haven't played it check out Marathon, the first one didn't age that well but is still worth playing IMO, 2 and Infinity are still good. There are 8 or 9 top community scenarios worth checking out too, Phoenix is great, I can't vouch for the other ones as I only played through Phoenix and halfway through RED, which seemed pretty good too. A bonus is that it's FREE (alephone.lhowon.org/), another suggestion that's free is checking out Arcane Dimensions for Quake 1 if you haven't already, the maps and new enemies are incredible (simonoc.com/pages/design/sp/ad.htm). Almost anything on Steam worth playing is "obvious" since I assume you'll have played Blood and stuff.

Shilling a nice surprise I had on this sale, I was playing some Crimsonland and saw in the news feed that they made a new game a bit inspired by Judge Dredd. It's a twin stick shooter, you can get perks which makes you able to destroy walls by running into them and there's also the possibility of making stealth shit (though I haven't tried it because it's not really my style). The OST is also surprisingly very very good.

Didn't like Blood TBH. Felt like whack a mole with shotgunners from Doom.

If you like twin sticks and haven't already played it, check out Brigador. It's an incredible game for a first showing by 4 guys.

I've been eye-ing that game for a while too, it looks really good visually. Kind of had a Future Cop : LAPD feel from it, I'm definitely getting it after I'm done after Jydge.

First and last showing most likely, considering they commented making the game exhausted them to the point they don't want to make another game. That being said, Brigador is pretty great, though some people whine because they fail to understand the arcade is the meat of the game, not the mission campaigns.

I wish they'd license out the engine so someone could make a mecha turn-based strategy game with it.

Some cool shit on sale:

A 2D cuhrazy beat 'em up where you play as an Aztec warrior conquering nearby territory in order to prepare yourselves for the impending doom of the Spanish conquistadores. The combat system and enemy variety is quite in-depth and would give Platinum a run for its money. Also contains some light strategy game elements.
A real-time tactical stealth game in the vein of the Commandos series set in Imperial Edo-era Japan, where you can control five characters at once each with their unique roles and abilities in order to carry out all sorts of espionage, infiltration, and assassination. Incredibly good gameplay and level design which makes good use of verticality.
A bullet hell from CAVE centered around ridiculously complex scoring systems and hyper modes. Enter Hyper Mode to cancel bullets and earn more points and blast giant android girls out of the sky. Features tons of extra modes to play around with.
The latest sequel to the classic Darius shooter series centered about shooting giant mechanical fish in space while avant garde music plays in the background. This release features the original Another Chronicle arcade mode with its 21:9 field of play and native multi-monitor display support. CS Mode features an entire campaign with over 50+ stages where you have to duke it out against the many bosses using the many ships given to you, some of which are the ships from previous Darius game with their own unique abilities retained. Now features the Burst mechanic where you can set up a Fixed Burst laser to act as a makeshift wall against bullets, or use the regular Burst to deal more damage and counter the enemy's Burst.
An actual high-quality arcade twin-stick shooter by Housemarque where you have to make your way through sixty crazy varied arenas at a quick pace, keep up your Human Chain, and blast the shit out of everything.
A side-scrolling action game where you pilot a mech and drive a pilebunker through fucking everything. You can play it slow like a fucking little bitch, but that timer isn't going to stop counting down, and there's still tons of shit to kill. You've got your shield, your dash, a giant laser you can use up to three times per level, and movement completely fitting of piloting a heavy mech. Features level design tighter than a loli's cunt. I'm not joking when I say this is one of the best side-scrolling action games of all time period, only the music is sucky.

boy you're positively retarded

Take a closer look at that picture. I layered another storefront over it.

Are you 12?

The game literally only gets played for its meme mods.

What are some games I might like considering the fact my favorite games are DOOM, Diablo, System Shock 2, Descent, Quake & Borderlands.
A good cooperative experience is a necessity.

Huh, steamcucks are back in full force it seems.

Dubs

>>>/reddit/

read a book nigger

Borderlands 1 & 2 were great FPS games. Cool opinion though.

lol what a bunch of nerds.

Unironically kill yourself Burch.

As far as I know from the first one, it is not such a good game. It bad level design, limited enemies, long periods of walking, mediocre shooting mechanics, shit class balance, among others.

Cool opinions Anthony. >>>/reddit/

YFW YOU ARE NOT ANTHONY BURCH

Here's your (You)

I haven't even played Borderlands 1 but I'm pretty sure its the same as the first one.

What are your ideas of good games? Dark Souls? lulz
Let me kno when you kids have beaten Anochronax,Deadly Premonition, Fallout Tactics, Morrowind, Omikron, Planescape: Torment, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Arx Fatalis, Icewind Dale, all the Gothic games and Pathologic.

Fill the report.
Also, you need to be over 18 to post here.

You're obviously a poser. Are you even hyped for Underworld Ascendant?

Kill yourself and take your MtF tranny sister with you, Anthony.

Anons, don't respond to the bullies. Just post video games.
7.62 high calibre and hard life are on sale.I haven't them, but they look neat. Hard life is a fan mod for it which fixes some of it's issues.

Not Borderlands

>Game made by liberal kike Warren (((Spector)))
Back to >>>/somethingawful/

lol fag

Your idol weev's favorite video game is Deus Ex and here you are shitting on Spector?

Please do share with us a list of games you think are "good". Thanks.

I don't think any wiki or chart mentions Omikron or Arx Fatalis, but believe what you will.

You're mistaken

Because Omikron is a shit game made by a shithead you niggerbrain.

Nigger what? Who gives a shit about weev
Yeah I am. Enjoy his circumcised cuckoldry
I don't feel like namedropping good games that you'll parrot around saying you've played, redditor. Nice spacing too >>>/reddit/

Prove me wrong otherwise your argument is invalid.

nice dubs burch. and anyone who plays PC games knows about omikron and arx, you're not special.

HA HA HA. Redditor? You're hilarious. I've got over 20,000 posts in FYAD. Operator status in the RaspberryHeaven IRC channel. Used to moderate the Tribes forum alongside Genmay. Was apart of Patriotic Nigras & literally had sex w/ weev's girlfriend luper at Toorcon/

nobody cares >>>/reddit/
Sure you did.

You realize he basically did nothing for the game's development and stole the entire development team's glory for himself, right?

Right?

Either way, kill yourself.

are you implying that criminals should be sold guns or that Trump does not think he's the toppest shit?
you don't name a tower after yourself without some degree of self-importance

You think an Austin, TX liberal like (((Spector))) is whinging about Trump and guns for a lark?

Explain why System Shock, Ultima Underworld, Thief and Epic Mickey were so good?
He's one of few consistent contributors among those titles.

do you think i care?

People have noses too you know.

Why do shit opinions always come with a Kizuna ai image?

I'm still mad about it called the winter sale. And all I did was remove my goy card from the steam account settings so noone can steal my shit.

(((Spector))) didn't design those games nigger, he just dumped money into their development.
o i am laughin

Yes, considering you replied.

No seriously kike lover, Warren was just a "producer"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief:_The_Dark_Project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Underworld:_The_Stygian_Abyss
His mediocre Mickey was one of his few director/designer credits.

A video game producer is the person in charge of overseeing development of a video game.[1][2]

no, imean : do you think i care where he lives or what his affiliation is? Considering you haven't bothered refuting his points so far

Thief 1 & 2 had 2 different directors who *hated* video games and hadn't worked on any others yet both are good so we can conclude that the director doesn't fucking matter.

Rate my shit taste

In other words, not actually creating anything. Go worship Paul Neurath or Doug Church if you want to know why those games are good.

No, and that's why you're retarded. Guns shouldn't be regulated, as criminals will get them under regulation. People who whine about Trump's egotism are socjus liberal niggers looking to whine about anything.

That's nice; kike spector also didn't make them.

Goddamn you sure love kikes. It's Christmas anons, so let's not think of them for once. They hate this time of year.

A bunch of shit you can pirate.

lmao

Game play was fun as I'm a loot whore but 2's writing is so bad I felt insulted by it.

1 has almost no story. It's just a big open world of murdering stuff. There's very little dialog.

Poor/10.

Producer is the guy who secures the funding and decides who to hire to make the game. The producer basically has the vision of the game and then finds people who can fill those rolls. It's like being the site manager on a building site. You're not the one digging the ditches but you're picking the team to do it the way you want.

welcome to Somalia brother,here's your complimentary ounce of brown-brown and AK;now off you go and die for the warlord of this week
and you call others reddit?Pointing out that Trump has an ego the size of his tower may be the scratching the bottom of the barrel as far as mastery of the obvious goes,however it still remains a true statement regardless of that

Ok eurocuck, how are those gun regulations working out for you then?
Yeah, and people who whine about Trump tend to be libcucks, what's your point?

He still didn't design everything. He was important, but niggers who keep thinking he's this godfather of player urgent, open-ended gameplay are retards who don't actually look at who else made these games. It's like how everyone for over a decade thought Keiji Inafune created Mega Man.

Tokuro Fujiwara was the producer or lead designerof all the good games.

It's either a shill or a redditor, don't spoonfeed him on why his threads get auto bumplocked.

well i own a pair of hunting shotguns so,ok ?.But even the people that formed the constitution of america knew that leaving completely unregulated gun control would end in disaster,therefore gun laws
i think i made my point,you fail to adress the argument and instead you move goalposts and grasp at straws as if your world depended on it.Which leads me to believe you're either baiting or that you're legitimately retarded

Stephen Bahl and Randy Pitchford (guys partly responsible for Half-Life) are who made Borderlands so good. Anthony had NO involvement with the project.

I know it's bait but it's still funny somehow.

Anthony Burch DID not participate in the development of the first Borderlands game, which is the best. The executive producers Stephen Bahl and Randy Pitchford were behind it

Which still doesn't invalidate the need for you to kill yourself Burch.

Exactly, Keiji wasn't why those games were good. Like how Warren isn't why Ultima Underworld and Thief are good.

Thing is, libs like Warren who fight for gun control don't believe in regulation of guns for criminals, they believe guns shouldn't be in anyone's hands. Learn how democrats in our country try to regulate this freedom away before mouthing off, Eurocuck.

So it's still shit. Goddamn you've got shit taste nigger.

the screencap of the tweet says a different story,making s background check whenever a gun sale is made to make sure the person wanting to buy the gun doesn't have a criminal file just makes sense to me.And i don't give a shit about the state of political parties in your country the same way i gather you never gave a shit to actually check the gun laws for various european countries past the wikipedia stage before even making your reply to me 'muriclap

…Keiji ONLY worked on the first one! WHICH SUCKED. The rest were produced by Fujiwara. SO the producer is literally one of the most important people.

Brian Burleson is who fucked up Aliens: Colonial Marines. Not Randy.

Did you misspeak or do you genuinely think that?

They're locked because you're not talking about games, you're talking about buying indie trash that you'll never get around to playing.

This is a cuckchan raid.

He only helped with some of the art on the other games.

He may not have been responsible for the original design of Rock, and he may not have been the most influential voice on the direction of the series at its outset, but you're still plainly wrong

Take your own advice and look at our gun control laws to see how they've stoped rabid criminal niggers from getting guns, eurocuck. Protip: they haven't. Also take a look at how how democrats don't give a shit about criminal gun regulations. Now go pray to the local imam before he sends a rape gang to your neighborhood after your government takes away your hunting rifle.

Are you that fucking retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune#Works

Comparing nigger rule to white rule

Why would you spend money on games when you can have them for free? Why would you spend money on anything when you don’t actually own the thkng you purchased?

Good goy.