A while back there were rumours of a Nintendo Switch release called "Bravely Traveller...

A while back there were rumours of a Nintendo Switch release called "Bravely Traveller, to Hope is to Respond" coming from Square Enix and the bravely team.
Most over time assumed this was the later revealed Octopath Traveller.

Now people are starting to get other ideas as the Bravely social media accounts are dusting off again for 'something' related to this image posted today.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/revengeance
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still think "Octopath Traveller" is one of the most retarded names for a game that you intend to not be a meme ever

It means '8 diverging paths' and you can pick 8 characters with separate perspectives on the overall story. Unless you are maybe from the murrcan market that gets names dumbed down its meaning is pretty obvious. Especially compared to shit thats done something similar like 'Romancing Saga'

good goy.

I'm well aware what it "means". Its just a retarded name for a game.

Oh sweet child you have no idea.

But octopath traveller is too ridiculous for videogames.

So i guess you dont watch any movie or tv show or play any videogame with a rating on it then huh?
What a magical world you must live in.

Are you that same retard that kept making threads saying 'first they come for lockboxes then our guns!' screaming slippery slope but then got pointed out that literally every country even the US has outright banned certain games and governments have had censorship control over games forever and then you deleted your thread?

Because that was a roasting and a half. But keep being 'that guy that watches anime dubs' and tell us all how the original source material is ruined retroactively. I'm sure it will stop someone somewhere from enjoying something. God speed brave hero.

Proper names, especially unique ones shouldn't really factor into that
But yeah, Octopath traveller being a shit name doesn't make those any less stupid, calm your autism faggot

No, but you sure seem like a cuck that's content with the status quo of localization practices

Why do people like this grindy shit again? Even on the easiest difficulty you're expected to grind in order to get past any bosses. The waifus are great, I get it, but I can't understand how people enjoy this game, disgaea, etrian odyssey, etc. Way too much grind, even by Final Fantasy standards.

Technically not a bad name considering what happened with granny panties. They had the integrity to keep the same everywhere and what they did made everyone lose any faith they had in the series.

Hah

Wut

I stopping caring because of censorship.

This.

Learning moon takes years. Impossible.

Octopus traveler looks shit
Would like more breavery default though despite the game kinda being "done"

fuck off shill

And even the good games on that list indeed have stupid fucking names. I blame hipsters and translation of things trying to keep the rhythm of the name regardless of the fact that it doesn't work in other languages at all.
Hipsters don't count, because they're either trying to copy the effect for humor, or actually trying to make some deep or ironic meaning. Note that almost all of the rest of the other ones basically have direct copies or transliterations of the Japanese original.

The point isn't to get fluent, just good enough to understand video games, which isn't as hard as you'd think. It's also pretty much a necessary skill for this hobby, considering how unreliable translations are.

Japanese RPGs are absolute fucking trash and just as bad as Western RPGs at this point.
Go play some SRPGs from whichever region you grinding autistic MMO addicts those are actually still halfway decent.

The camera shits me in Octopath Traveller. It's just too low. It's more side-on than top-down and I don't like it.

I wouldn't mind a "two in one" remake that combines both games in to one mega-game and is a nice and rich 1080p 60fps.

Bravely Second was so shit that it killed the series. It is damned to smartphones for the rest of eternity. Octopath Traveler is the future.

What made the first one good and the sequel shit? What happened?

You're the one with the autism, getting triggered by one of the tamest titles out there.

Get over yourself you dumb faggot you sound like a wiki nigger.

you can't even take one of the least important parts of a game being poked fun at for its retardation?
its fucking retarded

What? The world is named Legaia, and the legend is about it. It doesn't get more straightforward than that.

I'm pretty sure half minute hero's name is a joke. Also, you forgot +r.

You CAN learn moon!

FUCKING CASUALFAGS GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
YOU WANT SOME CHEESE WITH YOUR WINE YOU GAY FUCKING FUCKERS

The first game was great because it is the culmination of true Final Fantasy. The lineage can be traced as follows: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 4 heroes of light, Bravely Default, Bravely Second. It has the evolution of the FF job class system within it.
Some might see BS as inferior because the story is admittedly lackluster comparatively and they removed the chemist job. Gameplay is still the same with a fair bit of QoL improvements and 30 total jobs, up from 24.

People like to bitch about the censorship, but that's because they haven't played the game enough to actually talk about the gameplay. God forbid we actually talk about gameplay and things we like on this board.

If the game is good that just makes the censorship piss you off more, it certainly doesn't make you forgive or overlook that shit. It's probably better just to assume the game is shit from that point forward.

To me the biggest problem with Second was how god awful the soundtrack was in comparison. I basically had to play the game with the volume off and either vid related playing for normal battles or Ka no Mono for the boss fights.

The censorship's only in the (((localized))) versions though, and you shouldn't be touching that shit at all to begin with anyway. Just play the real games.

KILL YOURSELF
Hmm, this delicious 18 inch sub is so fucking good, but I found a hair in the first inch. Guess I should just throw the whole fucking thing away huh?

The censorship isn't even that fucking bad dude. Please play them both, they are great games and deserve your love and money, if you love FF3 and FF5 like I do.

Gas yourself.

I love Bravely, but there is no excuse for censorship. Just pirate the original JP versions off the FreeShop, and then if you like them enough to want to support them buy the original JP versions. Do not give (((the West))) any money.

Truth

They changed one job design, altered the lewder costumes, and edited the text on one side quest to keep it morally gray. This by no means makes BD or BS not worth your time and money. I get the whole voting with your wallet and sticking it to the kikes and all that, but I want more games like this. That is, FF job system games. I've got a physical copy of BD, that I got from a dude off craigslist for $20, which I then got signed by the VAs of Tiz, Edea, and Qada at my local con. I preordered BS digital copy for $40, played the shit out of it, and saw a physical copy at gamestop for $20 and bought it. Been playing back though it since you can't move save files.

I won't buy a switch until there is a damn good reason to. I would drop $400 immediately on a switch just for Bravely Third.

I didn't say not to skip out on either Bravely Default or Second though, only to skip out on the (((Western localizations))), which is what you should be doing for every video game to begin with.

But I don't speak moon and don't have the time to learn as I work a full time job. Also live in the west. I wouldn't be playing these games if I didn't buy the western localization.

Maybe one day I'll learn moon… one day.

Do you have brain problems? I thinks it's obvious what he is doing.

The whole "they censored some stuff, but that doesn't make BD or BS not worth your money" is a flawed argument. You're telling people to go out and buy a game based on what you like about it and find appropriate, instead of what they themselves like about it. I maintain that anything, literally anything, a person doesn't like about a game completely justifies them not spending a dime on it. In the same way not a single fucking soul on the planet can tell you how to spend your money, you can't tell people what they can and can't find shitty about a product to the point where they don't want shit to do with it.

To drive the point home, I didn't personally care about the censorship in Bravely Default/Second because I had already chosen to ignore the titles entirely based off the art style. I hate how the game looks and spending a hundred hours looking at something I hate doesn't sound worth my time.

Nigga at least you could've bought them used, that's what I did since I am a massive physicalfag.

You're going to need to fix that eventually.

So do I. Git gud.

It's at least 3D that's relevant to the topic at hand.

Meh, it's just gonna have another trash localization and there is no way to pirate switch games right now so I'm not gonna bother paying attention to it.

The real problem with Bravely Default isn't the censorship, or the art style, or the retarded name, or the bland story.
The real problem is their SHITTY FREELANCER CLASS! How are you gonna make a game 20 years after FF5 and fuck up the most important class in the game? Buttz and pals already nailed it the first time, what the fuck?!

She looks like Yuna and Heather Mason. Nerdos like you Holla Forumsirgins could only dream of getting a girl like that to beta orbit.

She has a fat fucking face, a mediocre body, and shitty hair. Beta orbit my dick.

No she doesn't you fucking autist. She looks amazing up close so, just like keep on fucking your hug pillow at night creeper.

Holy fucking mother of bait.

They fixed it in Second. In Default, Late Bloomer was the innate ability of the freelancer. It increased all your stats by 1% for every job you had mastered. This kinda sucks because your set job ability is miscellany and you can't change it. In Second, they make it an equippable passive ability gained at max freelancer level instead, so you can use it for any class. They caveat there is that even for 30% extra stats, other abilities could be so much more useful in certain builds.

I think she's hot as shit and I'd fuck her silly, especially if she was wearing that. You faggots don't get out enough to know what a real grill looks like, huh?

Revengeance is a pretty fitting name given how wacky the game is compared to the main series, I don't get the autism over it being a made-up word.

It's not even a made up word either:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/revengeance

Neogaf's that way. Oh, thats right, shit. At least you'll always have >>>/reddit/

Sneaky easterners sneakin' in their heathen religions to undermine western values. JK Buddhism is the best religion of the lot

Are you telling me
THEY FUCKED UP FREELANCER EVEN HARDER IN THE SEQUEL? HOLY FUCK HOW INCOMPETENT HAS SQUEENIX BECOME?

Nah, they just made it so your end game party isn't just freelancers and mimes like FF5. Not having to equip the innate abilities of the other classes make them worth using over freelancer who locks you into miscellany for your battle ability in addition to having a shit innate ability. I'm a big nostalgia fag too, but I think nerfing freelancer is a good move for the evolution of the FF job system.

We've got a live one here.

I love FF5, but BD and BS look like garbage. Your shit opinions won't change that.

Should we flood their social media accounts with == COWARDLY CENSORED ==?

what a scum you are. The moment you started to say that shit, i understood your true (((identity)))

Isn't the MC of Bravely traveler/Octopath a prostitute dancer?

That's a boy, isn't it?

No, definitely not. FFV's Freelancer and Mime were actually rewarding you for mastering several classes since it took time to do so, and even doing so wouldn't guaranteeing victory since you had to select decent skills and equipment.

All Bravely is doing is removing any interest here, by both fusing Freelancer and Mime together, and removing all advantages of them (the choice of 2/3 active/passive skills, the base stats and the passive bonuses from mastered classes). And they can't even pull the "but it was broken" card, since you have so much ways of breaking the job system in both Bravely games (although in different ways)

This is no evolution, just a heavy regression coupled with bullshit.

Show your favorite Asterisk Bearers, Holla Forums

Otsuka, Hiyama, Midorikawa, and Koyasu - the voicing for this game was above and beyond just a shame they weren't the main cast

Now I have to imagine some buttblasted nobleman venting his frustrations about being sleighted by Ser Chadwick of the Thunderdong over the course of several novels.

You wanna choke down hair, be my guest.

Your endgame party isn't going to be Freelancers and Mimes unless you've grinded like a motherfucker or looked up the stat boosts beforehand, you stooge. In FF5, you can max out your stats with 4 classes and mix the Freelancer with 2 commands of your choice instead of being stuck with the AWFUL Miscellany command. The ONLY thing the Freelancer class in BD has going for it is Late Bloomer, which is explicitly worse than the Freelancer bonuses and was nerfed further in the sequel because now ANY class can get those bonuses, making Freelancer fucking worthless.
Half of the appeal of FF5 is mixing together a bunch of weird shit and tweaking the Freelancer class to be any goddamn thing you want.
At least the Freelancer in both games can abuse whatever items they want, but the one in BD is explicitly less useful, less interesting, and a fucking waste of time.
Fuck you, faggot. I hope you die.

is that someone who can control octopuses with their MIND?

MUH

Okay

Now this thread is going places

this is what gets you off user? rude schoolgirl octopuses who bear little yield for consequences? you cant seriously get off to having an octopus talk down on you, spit ink on you, make you hand wash her somehow sweet smelling laundry and she and her friends bat your pitiful dick around with their prehensile hair while they have a casual conversation, can you?
get a hold of yourself user, youre going to give me a heart attack.

howcome airy has like no lewds? her design practically begs for it.
look at what shes been endowed with, how can anyone not want to carry her around in their underpants like some kind of sexual kangaroo?
to all you kids and witches out there with fairy friends try it out for me. tell me how it goes.

It's webm-related all over again.

Repugnant cancer.