Several organizations and gaming fans are asking the Copyright Office to make a DMCA circumvention exemption for...

Several organizations and gaming fans are asking the Copyright Office to make a DMCA circumvention exemption for abandoned online games
torrentfreak.com/gamers-want-dmca-exemption-for-abandoned-online-games-171221/
archive.is/8HqtI

They probably won't listen but its good to be doing this and fighting for it anyways.
Might send an email to show my support.

Good, we should be doing what we can to preserve this stuff, even absolute garbage games should be remembered if only so we dont make it again.

City of Heroes revival when?

Is this referring to games that require a connection to official server to be playable? In that case, I can't think of a single game worth preserving that this would apply to.

Even shit games should be archived for historical purposes, but there were some good multiplayer games back in the day that you can't really do anything with anymore.

This sounds like something that is a result of Ross.

Ross likes to talk about this stuff and even has dead game news to talk about this stuff

.>>14032978
Is correct, even if it's festering shit it should be preserved.

REPEASL THE DMCA
GAS THE PROPRIETARIES
SHARE A FILE TONIGHT
PIRATE WAR NOW
MAKE INTERNET GREAT AGAIN

not gonna happen

Checking these magnificent trips of freedom and creativity. Every IP kike should fucking die and every creative unwilling to stay on top of his game to stay being paid like he's on top of his game should fucking starve.

NOOOOOOOO!

there was this card based online-only RTS game that was pretty neat but died due to P2W bullshit from EA or whatever. reviving it pre-P2W bullshit would be worth it.

Always remember that (((intellectual property))) doesn't actually exist, and is a scheme to conflate completely unrelated copyright, trademark, and patent laws into one easy to misinterpret and abuse blob so that (((they))) can cherry pick laws from whichever one of the three is most convenient for them at the time and pretend it applies to all three separate categories equally. Don't fall for their ruse.

MMO nostalgia fags are such an annoying breed I don't want this exemption to go through.

I've always hated how letter of the law lawyerspeak has obfuscated the intent and spirit of law. Not everything was intended to be literal and loopholes shouldn't exist because laws are intended to be "don't be a dick"

Is Ross making his move?

I'd rather all three were equally nonexistent. No one should be able to stifle creativity for something as meaningless as money.

Good thing only fools download in mp3 and not flac

Push it everywhere nonstop.
And don't be satisfied with just that.
Copyright itself must end.
Either a group make constantly improved products, or get out and be left to starve.
Make piracy the NORM and end all copyright.

I know it's all hee hee hoo hoo haha and all, but you really do sound like a fucking Communist when you say this kind of shit.

fun fact:
bill gates shilled software copyright into existence with the help of other big players. Knew early on selling lincenses could make him mad money and therefore had to stop free copying, so he built a proxy lobby company and got others companies on board to fund it for their common goal. This way the proxy company could lobby the law into existence without the lobbying being directly connected to microsoft&co wich allowed to avoid a PR disaster. Today it clearly worked - who even knows about this crap?

And imagine if they failed - we wouldn't have to deal with win10 and just get everything on a much better funded linux wich would likely work much better due to $$. Instead the money paid for licensing is wasted on fud &lobbying by ms against linux while the normies eat up their crappy new win10.

Copyright of all forms is actually terrible, and contradictory to the spirit of capitalism. It's government regulation in the free market, which any true laissez faire economist will find objectionable.

If anything, copyright is communist.

Agreed.
Not only that, but it allows for easy exploitation from big companies that are already in the market, and prevents newcomers to grow without having to work (as slaves) from said companies.

a yellow pilled mmorpg nostalgia fag would know that the good times and glory of those days can never come again, because it was the people that made the game.

MMOs were never good.

How well-defined is "required"? I know that some people have made single-player WoW mods.

how are you people this dumb?

How much fucking hard drive space do you think I have nigga?

The article doesn't specify WoW. The fuck is wrong with your reading comprehension?

>implying i read it
:^)

pretty ignorant.

Blizzdrones are in every thread talking about how Jewzzard "is unstoppable" and how "it is useless to fight them".
Jewzzard is going down soon, it seems. The drones are already panicking.

This is old news and why are you posting a picture of WoW? It is neither abandoned nor worth 'saving'.