The implications of scrutiny for Trump

Trump has no political capital to start a war. If he has a fondness for Putin (or really is blackmailed by him) he is either unable or unwilling to accelerate proxy-wars like Syria and Ukraine. If there was even a slight skirmish in the South China Sea, people would think he was trying to bring about the end of the world and there would be massive riots.

You also have the fact that potential adversaries are extremely wary of Trump because of his nutty statements. So you have the double whammy of Trump being unable to initiate a war and US enemies afraid to start a war.

Won't this be the first presidential term since forever where the US won't start a war and won't engage in proxy wars? What are the implications of all major conflicts being frozen?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/01/23/politics/drone-strikes-president-trump/
rt.com/news/377854-gabriel-normandy-format-ukraine/
thehill.com/policy/defense/315669-pentagon-confirms-weekend-drone-strikes-in-yemen-against-al-qaeda-militants
washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/01/23/the-first-drone-strikes-of-the-trump-administration-happened-over-the-weekend/
cato.org/publications/commentary/we-just-kill-kid-no-dog-two-legs
democracynow.org/2015/11/20/from_console_to_trigger_how_pentagon
youtube.com/watch?v=HiV4VKtEkGs
io9.gizmodo.com/psychologists-propose-horrifying-solution-to-ptsd-in-dr-1453349900
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trump is more likely to start an internal civil war.
i don't think Americans have ever been that divided.

lol well congrats you figured out one of the reasons why people voted for him.

nobody knows if he can end the ongoing wars the US is waging but at least he seems to be trying.
he hasn't signed any drone executions either, has he?

obviously everyone who voted for him is still retarded for not voting for a third party.

starting wars is an infamous method of gaining political capital

ya dummy

Only works if you control the media like Hitler, even NYT was shilling for Iraq.

is this what normies actually believe?

what do you mean by "accelerate"?
russia, as well as everyone else except for the intelligence agencies, wants the US to end those wars and it would indeed be nice to see more results about that instead of endless conferences.

thread full of shit eating retards apparently

he hasn't done a single thing to pull out of an existing war, he started droning in week 1 and hasn't stopped ( cnn.com/2017/01/23/politics/drone-strikes-president-trump/ )

oh, like yemen you mean?

he can go to war without congress for 60 days, if he wants more then that i'm sure he can rile up enough hysteria in 2 months time

…i stand corrected, no statement is so retarded that the Antisocial Antidemocratic Party of Germany would not make it:
rt.com/news/377854-gabriel-normandy-format-ukraine/

that was fake news. drones were just there for aerial surveillance.

But he wasn't targeting Houthis, so that isn't really an escalation.

oh, you are probably talking about thehill.com/policy/defense/315669-pentagon-confirms-weekend-drone-strikes-in-yemen-against-al-qaeda-militants
weren't those planned and signed by obama?

washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/01/23/the-first-drone-strikes-of-the-trump-administration-happened-over-the-weekend/

don't you think if trump was actually against drones he would've halted them?

they were convenient because he didn't have to personally sign off on them

He didn't order the strike it seems.

i never claimed that trump halted obama's strikes.
and attacking al-qaida in yemen is a strike against saudi arabia so if those really were militants then this should be the main news about that story.

Why do people make a distinction between drones and manned aircraft in terms of how horrible it is?

I'm guessing it's seen as cowardly or something because the pilot isn't strapped in? In a War on Terror theater with no surface to air missiles or even flak the likelihood of a pilot manning an aircraft being shot down is less likely than a drone operator dying of deep vein thrombosis.

first of all, dolan is not using manned aircraft instead of drones now.
in that failure of a raid in yemen they called in air support after their surveillance drones alerted the targets because they had to fly so low because there was no moon because if there was a moon the targets could have spotted the attackers.

now, the difference is that in an aircraft the pilot is still really there, whereas drone pilots are autist Holla Forums kids (literally, they recruit people with disorders on purpose) sitting in front of a screen playing a video game so they have less scruples.
cato.org/publications/commentary/we-just-kill-kid-no-dog-two-legs

i haven't really seen anyone bring up manned aircraft ITT though.

do you have a source that expands on this a bit more? that's pretty interesting.

would be great

liberals killing each other and people getting radicalized to the left

can't find a source and idk where i heard it. maybe it was fake.
what we do know though is that they recruit video gamers:
democracynow.org/2015/11/20/from_console_to_trigger_how_pentagon
and in a CCC talk they said that some of the collateral damage was not actually collateral damage but drone pilots instinctively shooting what they thought were enemies based on their video game instincts:
youtube.com/watch?v=HiV4VKtEkGs

in case you want to google for yourself, i heard they try to recruit drone pilots at psychiatries, much like in the simpsons.

in other news:
How about they call it HAL and name the project Skynet?
io9.gizmodo.com/psychologists-propose-horrifying-solution-to-ptsd-in-dr-1453349900

i think idpol kn general will kill each other.