I have a need for OPERATING GAMES

I have a need for OPERATING GAMES

Games where you play a tacticool squad. No heroics, no drama. There is something that needs taking out or hostage situation to deal with and your crack team and the guys for the job. No fuss, no prlonged conflict. Get in. Get out. Job done. no records. You were never here.

WHERE DID THIS GENRE GO?!?

Closest thing to that these days is Siege but it's too late now, Ready or Not might be in dev hell as well. Joint Ops if you just want the aesthetic of tactical equipment and weapons, the game is arcadey.
With Halo.

MGSV if you don't use the wackier gadgets and ignore the plot entirely, which is easy enough.

What did he mean by this.

cheeky

Here OP

kek

Nice bait.

fuck outta here.

good games but i need something new.

Well, what Rainbow Six games have you played? I'm assuming all of them. Of course Siege doesn't count.

Everything but seige, no matter how much super bunnyhop evangelises it it reeks of wannabe esports team deathmatch shit.

I like and play siege a lot, but it's really not a real R6 game, so don't bother with it.

(criminally unchecked quads)
What did (you) mean by this?

In my ideal tacticool game a fixed location situation should be 'can i end this in less shots than the number of bad guys'. I save the full auto shit i see in Seige gameplay videos for on the move stuff like republic commando.

I think i just want that in more games. Name a shooter that wouldnt be good with one. Fuck even The last of us could be a setting for a good one when noise is a huge deal.

This sounds completely backwards. If anything, full auto is at it's most useful in CQB against a small number of opponents.

If the multiplayer was standalone this would be a good answer.

The campaign was also well designed, although it bombed hard because normalfags cant into first person micromanagement.

In a really good tacticool game both you and the enemy die in a hit or two. No post gears of war cover shooting jelly vision. You get seen first you get shot first.
The appeal is the well planned dance of carrying out what follows before and after the first shot so its a seamless series of takedowns instead of typical shootbang bumblekings holding the trigger down and painting an enemy with bullets because you both need to reach a threshold of spray to go from jellied to dead.

Can multiplayer be played pirated, or across Steam and GOG copies?

Did anybody play ghost recon 2 on the original Xbox? That was an awesome game, especially since it's third person so you can see how tacticool you are in real time. The co-op was insanely fun too, especially defend mode. It's too bad it never came to PC.

Commandos 2

Raven Shield has the best level design out of any tactical game, shooter or otherwise

POLICE

I never did the multiplayer, but from what I understand it's really basic. Someone hosts the game, the other person types in the IP and connects to it. So probably.

Never ever

i wanna fuck brown chie

I would love SWAT 4 more if you move faster.

I would also love a SWAT 4 style game where its hunting monsters like vampires, werewolves, demons etc.

It was actually pretty good despite it being released exactly when the Tom Clancy games were getting more consolized.

They were going to do something like that after SWAT 4 because of the positive response towards the more disturbing missions but it got canned.

Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
Rainbow Six Raven Shield
Ghost Recon (including Desert Siege & Island Thunder expansions)
SWAT 3
SWAT 4
Operation Flashpoint: GOTY Edition (or as it's now renamed to ArmA Cold War Conflict)
Counter-Strike Condition Zero - Deleted Scenes (singleplayer missions)
Counter-Strike Condition Zero (regular game, comes with "Tour of Duty" missions)
Frozen Synapse (top down 2D similar to Doorkickers)

Battlezone might also be up your alley.

Early Tom Clancy games in general are good, like Splinter Cell.

My suffering knows no bounds.

It was actually a fine game, if it wasn't for the bullshit chokepoints.
Also: AT was shit. Unless you WANT your teammates to die you had to do it yourself.

That's exactly what I was hoping FEAR was going to be. Instead they focused entirely on Alma for not one, but three (five if you count expansions) games and nothing else. Really disappointing.

7.62 is pretty operator and tacticool, albeit rather rough around the edges.

MGS games aren't particularly operator, except 4 and 5 if you play them rather specifically.

I just got done playing this and it is not tactical in the slightest. It plays exactly like those extremely buggy and shitty bargain bin, dime a dozen PC FPS from the late 90s/early 00s with super generic names like Tactical Strike: Shadow Operations or something. It's legit awful and I can't believe Valve put their name on it. Haven't tried tour of duty yet.

Jagged Alliance 2 and Silent Storm

JA2 if modern weapons and gear customization is important to you, S2 if you want an actual good tactical game with diverse and intricate level design

Splinter Cell taught me to always take out the lights. Something that i dont remember being a thing outside setpieces in MGS till MGSV.