I have never played a fighting game.What are best ones to start with for a newb with only 360 controller available?

I have never played a fighting game.What are best ones to start with for a newb with only 360 controller available?
I installed Guilty Gear xrd Revelator but the game bricked trying to create new save state.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL744144A71C67D816
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No fighting game is inherently more suited for beginners than any other one. Just pick whichever appeals to you the most and roll with it, it's not going to be easy either way. GG Xrd does have a lot of ingame resources to get you started, probably the most comprehensive tutorials in any fighting game yet. If you can look into the save creation crashing you should give it a go.

Also, you might wanna ask your questions in the fighting game general next time. People don't seem to like it when someone makes a thread related to fightan outside of the general.

They're just kind of all the same.

Play the one that has the roster you like the most or the gimmick you enjoy more.

There was this really cringe worthy looking fighting game named Fantasy Strike that had basically a quarter of a normal fighting game's inputs as well as a way to counter a block by not pushing any button, never played it myself but apparently it's a great way to start according to its supporters.

Probably none since directional inputs are really important even in 3D games but maybe you can get a cheap PS2-like controller or just play on the keyboard.

Anyway, like try the general explaining what you like and what you want to do in a videogame. I would say the upcoming DBFZ looks to be pretty simple, beginner friendly and gorgeous for fans.

Only the inputs are simple. It has link-type of combos that are not really intuitive, really oppresive characters that can take your life bar in instants and now some kind of RNG-based character.

In the very small likelihood that this is true, my idea is: go where 99% of us began.

He's basically just a Faust clone

Play something like Smash. The whole premise of the controls is "Button + direction", combined in various ways, so sometimes pressing the direction before the button will do something different than pressing it at the same time or after the button. Certainly easier to get into than the most basic move being a quarter-circle-back-wiggle-the-joystick-back-and-forth-frame-perfectly-while-inputting-a-12-button-combo to throw a fireball.

sorry, but smash is a party game not a fighting game and OP asked for a fighting game

THE FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY

Smash lacks the conventions of the fighting genre, ie health bars, rounds, etc. I’d call it closer to a competitive king of the hill platformer

Op, if you want to get into fightan, you should probably start by dling fight cafe and using sf2 or Sf3 to get familiar with inputs and concepts that are universal in fighting games, spacing, footsies, why to use projectiles… don’t buy any modern cap com game. Guilty gear xrd rev2 has a great tutorial as well, probably the best in the genre. Besides that, you’re gonna have to find what you like. For Anime fighters I recommend UNIEL, there’s not a huge online community, but it’s the game my friends and I keep coming back too.

Fightcade I mean, dL fightcade. Fucking phone

Pick up a copy of Street Fighter 4, the more complex mechanics don't really matter at low level play and the pace is lower than a lot of other fighting games, you ought to be able to pick up the fundamentals from it.

Rising Thunder is coming back in january. SFV is pretty intuitive but the last I played it it had awful online so I dropped it.

This but don't pick the version in OP's picture, get fightcade and then get Super Turbo Grand Master as that's the most active version. Game's very simple and if you want a point to start at then have an easy transition into anything else.
People there also really are nice and will help teach basic spacing and the like to help your improve.

Fantasy Strikes Author is a hack, he got his hands on SF2 once and it's hands down the mechanically worst balance wise, how about instead of playing his pile of trash, play the games he stole from for character archtypes and actually play a fun game at the same time.

Fantasy Strike on suicide watch I guess

He said fighting games.

any modern fighter with some sort of auto combo system, KoF 14 for example (mash light punch to do a combo)
learn how to do inputs and spacing without needing to learn autistics combos to even compete, it'd be a great way to get into the game
I don't actually recommend KoF though, the combos are the easiest part of the game, some other game with auto combo would be better

Is fantasy strike any gud or is it just the go to f2p fighting?

Fantasy Strike isn't F2P user, and no it isn't good either.

cunny

My (second-hand) impression is mostly painfully mediocre, with a completely uninspired artstyle, a not too well thought out game system and almost all characters being just ripped off from other games wholesale.

tekken works well on pad, keyboard is also a viable option for any fighting game; arguably better than stick

the one you like, just as long as you can reliably get matches. these are some games w/ good netcode & stable playerbases
usf4
skullgirls
tekken
guilty gear
kof, sf2 or 3rd strike on fightcade
soul calibur 2 on dolphin (you'll have to use the (((discord))) to find people to play)

It isn't free. I haven't played it but I'm not a big fan of the artstyle and how you can't crouch. The characters and animations also seem to be unoriginal for the most part.

Rising Thunder will be free though.

I meant rising thunder, sorry anons.

I guess I don't like Faust then. I played very little of Xrd-SIGN-. Didn't like how safe-ish RC made the game be and found Danger Time retarded along with the guts system.

The guy above you already told OP to play Fantasy Strike.

Honestly, I liked Rising Thunder even less than Fantasy Strike. Being actually blocked from doing a move not being on any animation to justify it made me feel limited like every special move is actually a super. Yeah you can customize character moves but I don't think is all that different than having Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Sakura in the same game. Mexican robot was cute.

As for OP I would say to avoid any kind of auto combo mechanic except the Persona 4 Ultimax or the new DBFZ unlike what said. hey won't teach you anything useful and mashing is usually bad in any fighting game.

But I'm not saying KOFXIV and others are bad for beginners. XIV itself is probably the most beginner friendly KOF game with lenient inputs and easy but not very long combos. If you want to be cheap, '98 should be to go to KOF on Fightcade but be aware of bullshit like unblockable moves and moves that will break your defense from far.

There's also story rich games with a lot of lore and single player stuff to make you feel compelled to play as your main character. Blazblue, Skullgirls, UNIEL and games made by Netherrealm are full of this stuff so even if you think the game is complicated, you'll try to learn because you feel attached enough to bear with until you become good.

For 3D, DOA is a crazy version of Virtua Fighter. Soul Calibur changes all the time but usually have a lot of single player stuff along with Tekken.

DoA, KI, or Tekken are the best places to start for someone totally new to fighting. Once you've gotten a little better try KoF or an anime combo fighter.

Install Gentoo, read Tsukihime, go into poverty, and get Melty Blood.

Why do so many people recommend SF2 when you can learn fighting games muvh better from modern fighters? SF2 teaches you the basics but most fighters are more advanced than it while actually providing good tutorials. If he were to play whatever fighter he enjoys, he'll get the grasp of most things while having fun. I learned just fine once I started playing Arcana Heart 3 and got much better from there.

Pick another genre man.

DOA5 LR also has a crazy deep tutorial but that game is like it's name, dead.

I'd say play Street Fighter not 5 just to learn fundamentals. It'll help you learn different concepts and character archetypes. After you sort of have a grip on that, move on to games like Guilty Gear, Blazblue, KoF and Akatsuki Blitzkampf.

It's good if you're introducing someone who doesn't play games in general to fighting games. It gives you gimped fighting game concepts and only really serves to teach them to you the wrong way.

You can git gud on anything. There's a new generation of players that can win on pads. Google Luffy and Smug.
I assume 360 pad means PC or Xbox360 only platforms.

If you can accept the 1992 graphics, go for SF2.
If you want something for a good tutorial, Xrd. Reinstall time?
If you want 3d with a good tut, Virtua Fighter.

I play KOF on Fightcade with a keyboard.
gid gud

i just got into fighting games myself and started with street fighter v

i think it's an excellent introduction to the genre and it still retains a lot of the "hard" mechanics

a lot of veterans around here will tell you to play usf4 instead but i guarantee if you that you'll never find any new players to play against and just get your ass kicked by experienced players until you quit

I prefer using the analog stick in fighting games.

the champion of evo 2014 used a ps1 controller

Not sure if it's worth posting here, op made a single post and then left.

I suggest SFIII. It's what I started with.

Speaking of, if you do end up getting good at SF3, there is a Holla Forums fightan tourney coming up soon. Forget when exactly but I'm sure someone knows.

Not OP, but here are all of the fighting games I have:
>Arm Joe (PC)
>Art of Fighting 2 (PC)
>Blade Symphony (PC)
>BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PC)
>BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (3DS)
>Darkstalker (PS1)
>Dead or Alive 2: Final Edition (DC, Modded version of DOA2 for DC)
>Evil Zone (PS1)
>Fairy Fighting (PC)
>Fatal Fury Special (PC)
>Galaxy Fight (PS1)
>Garou: Mark of the Wolves (PC)
>Joy Mech Fight (NES)
>KoF '98 UMFE (PC)
>KoF 2000 (PC
>KoF 2002 UM (PC)
>KoF-A 2012 (Mobile)
>Lobo (Genesis, Prototype)
>Real About Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (PC)
>Samurai Shodown II (PC)
>Samurai Shodown V Special (PC)
>Sonic The Fighters (GC)
>Soul Blade (PS1)
>Soul Calibur II (GC)
>Super Fighter: Special Edition (PC)
>Super Smash Bros. For 3DS (3DS) *Shut up, I figured I might as well include it**
>Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC) "
>The Last Blade (PC)
>Vanguard Princess (PC)
Which of these would be the better ones to begin learning with? Most of these I got in bundles or for free, the remaining ones I mostly got out of curiosity.

Rip the 3d model for SFM. ^_~

Screwed up the spoiler on that one.

KOF

I think it depends on what you think you like in a fighting game. Long combos, go for anime like Blazblue although you should play the older games just for the story since the games went better with each version released, so Central Fiction should be the one to play "for real"

As for few combos but high damage I would say Samurai Shodown is your series. II and Vspecial is pretty much what people play. It's all about opening up your opponent and punishing his mistakes. Last Blade is more "traditional" if you still want to play weapon based combat in 2D.

KOF98UMFE and 2002UM are great to start with many tutorials like but since CodeMystics fucked up the lobbies (can't have more than 2 people in a room) you'll have to rely on discord to find matches. There's a lot of people playing the vanilla versions on Fightcade.

For 3D, Soul Calibur/Blade games are great along with DOA2 which have great quality on the lewd but Vanguard Princess exceeds in this area while being a solid 2D game with assists.

I just think people shouldn't sleep on Real Bout games and Garou.

From Friend to Friend:

Never play King of Fighters.

Play Guilty Gear instead or pick any other fighter. Except maybe MvC: I,

You will eventually realize how much filler characters SNK puts in and then never bothers balancing them to bring them closer to the Upper tiers, or bringing the tier gaps closer for that matter, you will always have 3 tiers, S, A and C for "complete shit"
In fact you will be surprised by how much moves in a moveset are completely useless or have zero purpose for a character because it already has other move that does the same thing better.
A lot of the characters play the same in the normal game, and what that brings the differences to the table are their special moves,
you will end up picking the one that does the same thing but better, for example: Whip in KoF XIV , her moveset looks cool in paper but in practice it sucks because all her moves have terrible startup and recovery, in fact she has the move with the worst recovery in the game, and its supposed to be a reversal? fucking joke. Instead Billy Kane can do the same things and much better. Its clear that SNK can't maintain its huge rooster or even care for that matter, instead you get more DLC characters coming on which was designed by a kebabette and its unsurprisingly a kebab girl wrapped in black clothing. (no like there is another character almost looking the same )
If you go into previous versions of the game these problems become more and more obvious. The only exception being KOF XIII where SNK almost had it right, but then made the gameplay Touch of Death.

Now in games like Guilty Gear you have characters that are not so similar at all and have very defined traits and ways of playing, now that is a good game to get into.
The game gets balanced and i can't say there is a singel character that sucks, or whose moves are useless.

also forgive my spic engrish but as a spic you can't doubt i know about KOF

DOA5LR is actually amazing for training mode and tutorial content. The game is really good. It and VF are actually pretty easy to get into as well since it's just three buttons, Punch, Kick, and Hold

I'll go on a limb and suggest start with embed related. Take your further inquires to the fighting game general.
Nothing, until you buy either a better controller or arcade stick.

And that's still better than a three shitty controller.

OP didn't ask for party games.
Thanks for confirming Smashcucks are in fact gigantic casual faggots who can't play real fighting games, nor have ever played them.

All of these are either gimmick fighters or have been succeeded by newer entries you should spend time on instead. Smash of course is a party game for casuals. Also play the SNK games in MAME/Fightcade, the official PC versions are shit

SF4 tutorial (fan-made)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL744144A71C67D816
It assumes you know nothing about fighting games.

At this point there are enough derivatives of Smash that "platform fighter" is a valid name for the subgenre. That's what it is.

I guess someone got bullied too many times by Iori at the arcades here
Not really true, characters might have "roles" in your team, being a battery or an anchor. You can pick your team with those in mind or go with a more "individualized" style since team sinergy is not really enforced in KOF. And the little variation in the archetype opens the possibilities to find a character that fits your playstyle. In Guilty Gear, the fewer options you have might be more unique but you'll have to deal with what you picked. Like for example, I hope you don't like faster and more mobile grapplers if you're playing GG.

Also in Xrd, RCs makes a lot of stuff safe and is way more useful than supers most of times so you're not going to use them unless you're going for the kill. By the nature of rushdown heavy game and long combos, neutral has less importance than in other games and sometimes since YRCs can bait bursts can become the famous "turn based fighting" many animefighters are know for. Also, let's not forget how Danger Time is retarded and Guts plus Hellfire are much more "in your face" comeback features than even the old "free super when in red life during EXTRA" from '98 and older.

Also, Whip is cherry picking. She's an unorthodox character that was changed a lot in her transition to XIV by having most of her normals and command normals changed but losing a reliable antiair and being unsafe in lot of situations this iteration. Angel had two balance updates to become useful to scary as a point. And let's not forget that in 2002 even if Billy was one of the best, Whip's hop CD pressure is scary and an actual viable character in that game.

I honestly think DOA5LR should have toned down the usage of the word "critical" in its system. "Have a critical this, to get a Critical that and then you can perform your Critical "what you wanted to do in the first place". Also VF is way deeper than you're making it seem when's VF5FS on PC?.

Not true. They are both perfect NesicaxLive "ports" but with lazy netcode implementation. 2002UM is better in every way than vanilla even if the balance is still too favorable to top tiers. 98UMFE is maybe too different than the original one so is understandable opting for the older version. XIII is the KOFXIII-Climax version from arcades with many bugfixes from the console version. XIV on Steam has less input delay than on PS4.
I won't consider DotEmu ports as a thing other than shit.

Doesn't 98UM on PC have input lag? I heard 02UM is decent on PC besides the netcode. Of course, XIII on PC is actually decent, though I wonder if anyone still plays it with XIV being out.

Party game also works.

the netcode mod doesn't even work on the paid version and idk if suge9 rip ;_; even gets dosh from it anymore.
that aside, kof 98, 02 & blazblue cf (idk how good the last one plays online) are probably the most fundamental games on that list that you'll actually be able to find people to fight against which is the most important component for learning/improving. garou, sc2 and the samsho games are also fundamental and pretty decent for learning but getting games will take much more work last blade is one of my favorite games but no one plays it
consider joining the 8/fgg/ (((discord))) if you wanna find people to fight in the more obscure games

xiii still has a stable playerbase on pc as it should since it's the best kof

No input lag on the regular game both 98UMFE and 2002UM are straight up their NesicaxLive versions since it runs in a modified WindowsXP for the arcades. CodeMystics simply slapped the PS2 challenges and the 360UI on top of it. That's why it doesn't feature things like color edit or 3D backgrounds. Just open the executable files and you'll find the references for even the Nesica Id Card thing.. The "input lag" you might have heard is probably from the beta version when they were testing the netcode. They tried having 8-man lobbies but ended up in a bug of having recursive lag every time someone on the lobby entered the room because of a problem with Steamworks. But instead of fixing it like the ones who ported USFIV from GFWL to steamworks did, they simply did the lazy way of locking the lobbies at two people. Also, they did change the game to have better input leniency to match or at least near XIII. Then CodeMystics did the same stuff to 2002UM months later so that one didn't get a lot of drama just look at the steam reviews

I'm pretty sure I did some workaround to play Vanguard Princess online with a friend he gave me as a gift so he had someone to play with

Not in China.

PS4 controllers are too expensive for any broke niggas.

But the best grappler in Xrd is Sol

You know Faust isn't an Xrd character right? His random item throws have always been a part of the franchise.

KOF > All Fightan

Gee, I don't like Guity Gear then. I only mentioned Xrd-SIGN- because that was my first and only GG game I ever played. I thought Faust's items were a fixed order like Platinum from Blazblue. RNG is a thing I complain ever since Chang's SDM in older KOFs and shit like random damage in some SFII.

May is cute but I didn't feel like I want to learn and play the game. My toaster can't run it and Rev2 is only available as an update for PS3 that never had a discount so I would still had to pay like U$30 if the regular version is on sale.

Because ST has no gimmick yet, you're 100% playing the game and not the character.
You learn the basics of the genre there since practically all fighters follow on from it and you'll have developed a more pure knowledge of the game that's not diluted from also having to learn other mechanics like super cancel, FADC, FRC,YRC, Clash, jump install.
From there you have a built knowledge that can be passed on to any other fighter that matters without needing to unlearn 1 set of extra mechanics for another, people fail to learn basics when there's more advance things being thrown around in front of them so it's valuable to start in an environment without them.

KYS

If you want to insult someone, you should make sure you quite the right person, moron.

Minors are not legally allowed to use 8ch. You will be reported to your school and expelled if continue.

Just play what you want. I learned how to play BB and Arcana Heart 3 on a 360 controller and using the thumbstick for motions.

Play Fighting Layer

That's always the initial reaction to Faust's item throws being random, but considering he can throw items that both benefit and disadvantage him it creates a unique dynamic. Also, Platinum's items are selected at random, it's just that you can only get each item once each cycle, and it shows you which one you'll get next.

I recommend any version SF2 just to get used to the controls and the fact it's the granddaddy that started it all. Once you get familiar to that you can move on to other games in the genre.