What does Holla Forums think about Warhammer 40k?It's pretty horrifying and fascist, imo

What does Holla Forums think about Warhammer 40k?It's pretty horrifying and fascist, imo

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Khornate_Knights
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a dumb over the top satire of grimdark some autists take too seriously.

It's a pretty cool fictional word that has been made dumb to the point of being hilarious by years of bad writers. The tabletop game its self is extremely expensive, too.

It wa supposed to be satire but seems like even GW forgot that, nobody should take lore so dumb so seriously
I also hate how GW dominates the Wargame market witht heir overpriced minis and how wargames can't be separated from model painting, I want to play with ripped cardboard fuckdammit

GW bans people from their stores for being suspected of owning third party models. If any company fits the stereotypical definition of a greedy jew, it has to be GW.

Chaos and Tau are /ourguys/.

I'm relatively certain Slaneesh is the god of rape, so no, chaos is not /ourguy/

Totally
I've heard there was an era GW stores were the only gamestores in some places, that just makes the situation worst

Beria would like a word. Third car to the left.

It's grimdark to the point of absurdity, which to me feels not like satire, but more a surreal exageration of the events of the Horus Heresy and Fall of the Eldar millennia before. In that context, the ridiculousness works for me, but an actually half decent plot can't be written for the 41st millenium, it is the conclusion to the franchise, as well as the base.

Isn't it supposed to be a joke how over the top grimderp and oppressive it is?

If I am remembering my shit, it started out as a joke, but gradually, over time, as worse and worse writers came in (MATT FUCKING WARD), and the owning company cared less and less about quality, it mutated into the serious atmosphere of 40K.

Was girmdark even much of a thing prior to 40K?

I thought they coined the phrase - "In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, there is only war" or something like that.

Tankie/10

Hey I recognise that vomit. It's from that river troll kit

Always hated the aesthetic and concept so much I never took a look at it. Makes me feel better knowing at some point it was satire. But ill stick to my genetic medieval dnd homebrew thats better written and conceived than most of these shit consumerist rpgs and settings thank u v much

didn't we already have a shill thread about this last week?

why

If user didn't make a typo and actually meant "Genetic medieval" that could be pretty rad tbh.

bcause muh players and i love it and prefer to add variety in the story and roleplaying with a consistent backdrop that happens to be a pretty standard fantasy setting with some major and many minor adjustments because thats what we want to play in. theres plenty of unexplored possibilities within that if you dont stick to cliches and classic dnd format

imo the great thing about tabletop is that theres literally no way you can do it wrong as long as everyone is enjoying themselves. its a hobby that never has to be dictated by companies pandering to different demographics, and tho they definitely try, the role of companies in tabletop gaming is entirely useless with the internet.

Yes and no.

HOLY SHIT THANK YOU user I JUST GOT AN AMAZING IDEA

yeah, fair enough

It just seems extremely boring to me at this point, especially feudalism as backdrop.

True.

I dunno about that, people are finding ways to do business in that realm, publishing books, making minis, that kind of thing.

No thanks, I'm good.

Bakunin, tho

I don't think it was satirer. I think it was just Warhammer + Dune. And Warhammer was satire in so far as it was the most generic fantasy setting imaginable with a painfully heavy tone. They have a civilization of vampires were everyone is required by law to have Von somewhere in their name iirc.

I like it the universe, orks best faction.

GW as a company is horrible porkies tho, I remember that the sued someone for using the term "space marine" in a book before.

need to get lefty/tg/ back up and running. I'd love to roll some dice with a few commies.

Space marine is a stupid fucking term, both parties deserve to be sued.

I cringe every time I hear or see it. It is so SO dumb but there is no way to get rid of it from 40k now unless they trash the whole fucking thing and start again like they did with WHFB

Astartes already exists in tandem as the official in universe terminology.

Warhammer 40k was dope, but then all the new writers forgot IT WAS PARODY AND SATIRE and it seriously became "grimdark" (I mean, the name grimdark alone should be obvious enough to the satirical intent)

That being said, I enjoy Warhammer 40k aesthetics and a lot of the lore especially the more psychedelic Eldar Harlequin.

The game Warhammer 40,000 is legitimately though one of the worst tabletop games that exists. It plays like complete and utter shit.

Arguably the only good ruleset GW ever created was the Hobbit one.

Their smaller games have a good record IMO. Mordheim, Blood Bowl, Gorkamorka, Necromunda were all a lot of fun. Even Battlefleet Gothic.

Soulstorm's best mod, Ultimate Apocalypse sort of counts, too, since it's still being updated.

Dawn of War is legitimately the best thing that has ever come from Games Workshop.

It's pretty good, but it is rife with, for lack of a better word, GWism. Paid, on-disk factions that don't match up with their actual counterparts? Gross.

The Imperial Guard were hit the worst with incredibly low unit caps.

Do yoù goys know that communism is a fascist ideology?

You called?

It's just a bit tricky in T1 but once you spam Hellhounds you become unstoppable, these things take a lot of pain and eradicate every other factions T2 elite infantry

FELINE
FEMALE
NIPPLES

What's so bad about Matt Ward?

It's part of why neets love fascism so much

That's just == feline == with me.

== === === == == == == == == == == == == = == = = = = = = = =
i r best postr not newfg

As far as I understand, Matt Ward literally cannot stop sucking the dicks of the Ultramarines, up to and an including claiming that the primarch of the Ultramarines was the "spiritual liege" of all other space marine chapters (instead of, you know, their own primarchs)

He also does a bunch of dumb shit for the sake of drimderp like having the Grey Knights murder a bunch of Sisters of Battle to use their blood as protection against demonic power… even though the Grey Knights are already supposed to be all but outright immune to demonic power since they're literally demon hunters.

So he's a fanfiction tier writter that got a job making his autism canon? wew

1d4chan.org/wiki/Khornate_Knights

Here's just one of many examples.

The term "grimderp" is the summation of everything wrong with 40k in the minds of most fans:
Childish things trying too hard to be "mature" and "intense", like Frank Miller and Rob Liefeld comics.
An exaggerated parody of "dark" media. 40k, Judge Dredd, Tank Girl.
A supposed parody of grimdark, by people too retarded to realize grimdark itself is parody.

It's astonishing that people take these things straight as accolades for fascism, when they are so obviously mockeries of dour, grimy Thatcherite Britain.

hi muke

What game is this?

I only really like the most nuanced Legion that is Alpha Legion, nothing else stands out.

I legit didn't know it was supposed to be satire until this thread wtf

plz we need it

isn't Holla Forums against catse systems?

*caste

I personally lean way more towards Chaos(Slaanesh and Tzeentch) but some M-Ls seem to favor the Tau. I also wanted an excuse to post cute Tau girls.

It's Infinity. The ruleset is fantastic, it's cheap to get into (as far as wargames go, at any rate), and the models look good.

There isn't much furshit in the game, even within the factions that have them.

The Nomads are a bunch of space anarkiddies, great hackers and total degenerates

You used to have shit like this.

Yeah. It's space catholic nazis against feral savages who can literally reshape reality through belief against terminators. It's awesome and stupid at the same time.

Except autists latched onto this and then got even more autistic when they were hired to spew grimdark seriously.

Does anyone actually play it?

I can count the times i've actually heard of it on a single hand, so probably not.

Depends where you are, fam. It isn't too hard to find out if there's many players near you. The community is a lot nicer than the GW or Warmahordes one, too, in my experience.

Legit I only got into it due to the palette swapped International Brigades logo and a (sub-)faction being called Bakunin, and don't regret it at all. I played 40k when I was younger (mostly with other people's models because I was poor af) but Infinity is just so much better.

Are they licensing it for game devs too?

I'm really looking forward to 3d printing killing GW

Or at least lowering their fucking prices, goddamn.

Fucking get back to tumblr. Not even Reddit would spout such bullshit

yeah but anyone with half a brain and no full bank account will pirate the books, use dice apps and coins and a whiteboard for battlemaps

IT'S NOT IMPERIALISM WHEN THE TAU DO IT.