Why do so many "character action" games give you a very in depth combo system with no reason to master it...

Why do so many "character action" games give you a very in depth combo system with no reason to master it? You can always clear these games playing like a total bitch and by the time you start to explore the deeper combos, the enemies are essentially training dummies. Who wants to master beating training dummies? Why don't they make these games require you to have technique? What's the point of a high skill ceiling if it's not necessary?

So that the game have a bigger audience. Easy to play hard to master.

God Hand pretty much requires you to learn shit.

what do you suppose those magic letters you get at the end of each stage are
you can clear any game playing like a total bitch, doesn't mean that restricting yourself like that is fun
maybe try out a higher difficulty setting
playing to survive and playing to perform are two different things entirely
survival clears are easy since you only need to be good enough to survive, going for a high rank actually requires some dedication and effort on your part

you need to put in some effort to get the most out of these kind of games, the fun is not automatically going to come to you

I really want to like cuhrazy, but I just cant
being able to improve so much with such a high skill ceiling is appealing to me, but the game is desighned with health sponges, otherwise you wouldnt be able to use your 420 noscope multishine true combo into 3 pointer parry into legend skills
is there anything like cuhrazy but WITHOUT an emphasis on long combo chains and therefore sponge enemies?

How well you killed training dummies who aren't a threat to you.
At least make it challenging.
But why make an effort when the enemies are no threat? I can see your point in a game like tony hawk but not in an action game like this.

This genre isnt for you.

It's akin to time trials. If your into those sort of things, you'll always try to strive ahead, push past etc.

Ninja Gaiden games I suppose.

I have come to terms with that, but is there anything that is almost cuhrazy? devil may cry is still one of my favorite games despite this

thank you, I actually never got around to playing ninja gaiden, bumping it to top of list

You are one of those people who works like shit unless there's someone constantly shouting orders and wielding a stick behind him.
It's fine, if your skill ceiling is pretty low: just be aware you have limits and pretend you would become better, if you had to retry a hundred times until full memorization.

You have the option to be a pussy if you want to be. Just don't pretend you're actually good at the game later

Just play anime fighting games

I've noticed that when an insult is that specific it's usually projection.

You showed those training dummies who's boss.

Shut up furfag pedo kike.

any of them
if it seriously takes that long to kill a single enemy while constantly pressuring them, you're doing something wrong, moreover in the case of DMC you're supposed to look cool while doing it

on higher difficulties they'll fuck you right up, especially in groups
you can easily stunlock a single enemy, but you'll have to up your cc game when more than one gets involved, which is most of the time
because generally speaking more aggressive strategies, which lets you grind meat more efficiently, are more riskier to execute as opposed to playing it safe, on top of generally being more satisfying to pull off by walking on the edge
you could spam the same combo over and over, but I don't see why you would, nor do I believe that's everything so ez, unless you're actually using shit like items
the same point fits exactly
you pull off sick combos because it looks and feels good, the bigger difficulty hurdle being the execution thereof, in the case of action games the skate park is replaced with enemies who can actually kill you

Like I said, you can be a bitch (play ezje modo) if you want to be.

That makes a lot more sense to me. Is it really that risky though?

I wont pretend I am actually good but even high level gameplay vids have people fucking about taking forever to kill enemies, I understand sometimes its to get more style points and sometimes its to just not get hit, but it still takes a goodly sum of time

You first, diarrhea boy.

Kami no Ken?
Also, give specific examples and difficulty settings, OP

Try playing above Normal difficulty and find out for yourself.

Stop playing on the easiest settings, and don't play the easiest action games.

cooler shit like parries, counters, reversals, long uninterrupted combo strings and taunting while you breeze past enemy attacks like Bruce Lee certainly puts you in a higher level of danger than waiting until an enemy is vulnerable after attacking and then attacking using the same combo over and over
hell, taunting should be self-explanatory

in DMC it's actually harder on you to keep enemies alive for style points
you can kill them pretty fast but you don't get a lot of points for doing so, while juggling them for as long as possible is hard to maintain while other enemies are tying to puncture your ass

it's a challenge where you try to keep an enemy alive for as long as possible for points before it hits the ground or it stand back up again to fuck you over

also the most basic incentive/reward structure in place here is that being cool gives you more points in comparison to unlock new shit like new moves and abilities and costumes
anyone with a minimal desire for optimization will understand that

A lot of the fun in these game comes from being as flashy as possible IMO.

That's a really bad analogy. It's more like you get your job done in the most straightforward and efficient manner that you can and the boss comes in and says "Good job… I guess, but why weren't you doing cartwheels and farting Freebird in the time of it? Seems kind of lazy dude."

So you can have FUN

What are the ninja gaiden remakes like? Where I live there were no xboxes and a PS2 was pretty much my last console.

They aren't remakes unless you are talking about NG Trilogy for the SNES. The XB games are reboots, and they are pretty damn good, I'd say that NGII is the pinnacle of the series and easily one of the best games of its genre.

I meant how do they play like, the PS2 shinobi? What makes them different than say DMC or P* games?
I honestly avoided any and all videos in the hopes that at some point I can play them because they're really praised.

They are a lot less forgiving than DMC or P* titles. Some stuff from Shinobi like wall running carries over but the big focus here is trying to not get curb stomped, still not as hard as Shinobi.

They're a lot less about making long combos because enemies are extremely aggressive, it's more about blocking and dodging until you find an opening. The possiblity to do long combos exist but you rarely have the opportunity to do so since enemies always come in group.

That's what hard mode is for