What are some final bosses/battles that have good build-up to them? Pic probably not related

What are some final bosses/battles that have good build-up to them? Pic probably not related.

Build up how? A story throughout the entire game? The approach to the final boss?

Alduin, his boss fight in Skyrim was great, and he was built up over the course of the game.
Can't wait to see what fighting him is like in VR!

Idk if this is cuckchan or todd, but that was one of the lamest final boss fights I've ever seen. Just a carbon copy of every other dragon you fought in the game. I expected him to be at least shadow of the colossus sized but no. I think he was actually smaller than the normal dragons.

Most recurring bosses tend to be built up pretty well.

or

W A R N I N G

NOW REACHES THE
FATAL ATTRACTION
BE DESCRIBED AS
"H E L L S I N K E R"

KEEP YOUR DIGNITY

>ZONE NU: GENESIS
>WARNING: A HUGE BATTLESHIP THE EMBRYON IS APPROACHING FAST
this some Evangelion-level shit

It certainly was about that pretentious. I don't think G-Darius could really pull it off like the goofy endings of previous games.

Gaiden had some cool build-ups and entrances too.

He wasn't and you know it. It's with this sort of dumb exaggeration we end up with actual skyim nostalgia threads five years down the line. Because all the valid criticism will have boiled down to kids trying to fit in without effort.

The final level of Gradius III is one of the most ridiculous endurance trials in all of vidya (tacked onto the end of an already extremely long single-sitting game). At nearly any point within it, a single mistake will result in a death that is impossible to recover from, effectively ending the game. In Gradius tradition, the final boss itself is really easy. At the end, he gives a speech. Perhaps a statement on the game itself?

You're right. All the dragons in this game are tiny.

you realize it's bait right? is this bait? i

I don't even play videogames with bosses.

Another shoutout to RayForce for being such a beautiful game.

Some people think that good storytelling requires dialogue. But here's this shmup from 1994, carrying over that feeling of a journey being made solely through the progression of the visuals, music, and gameplay alone.

Your mind goes numb…
You are overwhelmed with pain…
Otherworldly voices linger around you…
Impending doom approaches…

Darksiders when you fight the destroyer. That shit was read as absolute shit. Shame he was so effortless. It's still really good though.

Was getting ready to mention this one. The way the game so seamlessly transitions between levels with a logical progression makes basically the whole game build-up.

Sure you were.

I don't remember any build-up at all for metal Ridley.

I remember the part where he flew phendrana drifts and you saw his shadow. I guess that's the only real build up he gets though, so I can see your point.

Your post reminded me of how awesome Raystorm's final boss is.

THAT is how you end a game with class.

>Ending of the game decides the fate of the series time line as a whole

Samus sees him and decides he's worth chasing down and finds him flying around the world as she explores. Seeing him finally come down was pretty cool.

Some might argue that Metal Slug 3's build-up is too much.

While not the real final boss, Grigori had an awesome build up to him.
>he offers you a choice, let him kill your waifu and he will leave the land in peace, as the "vanquisher of the dragon" the player will become king just like the current king did
>the end of the world has come, as a consequence of the dragon dying