Comfy MMOs

What happened?
Where did the fun go?
Why did we stop?

but user warframe still exists

Post your comfiest mmo soundtrack
Don't forget thoses old comfy mmos were also pretty damn grindy back in the day. As much as I liked the atmosphere and soundtrack, I was getting sick of killing similar mobs for a long while for rare drops or just to get a job change and see if the skills are any interesting. One thing I liked was when there were unique crafting classes with a few combat skills to defend themselves. Not the best combat wise but they'd craft your stuff and more. I want to see dedicated crafting classes back. Ragnarok did it great, Emil chronicles online tried with it's four different backpacker classes but nowadays it's just an optional time waster especially if you get the best weapons from dungeons and raids.

wakfu is legit shit
so is maple, but much worse
ragnarock and tree of savior are legit grinfests with extremely mindless mobs
wow has been shit for a decade

A few of my friends want me to try out Lineage 2 with them.
How painfull will this be if I accept?
I hate MMOs but want to at least give it a try to hang out with my friends.

Pangya is coming back soon breh, we'll play golf and acquire cute clothing together.

You deserve a ban, to be honest.

I legitimately think MMos have always been garbage its just they are no longer new and fresh so everyone else can see that the draw of playing with others is fucking awful because everyone is shit

I did like gubbound though

The gentrification of the internet starting after 2012 with the creation of the smartphone thus killing the communities on the internet and leading to video games getting dumbed down since the underage b&'s getting on the internet since 2013 don't know any better so they got shitty tastes and companies taking advantage of them is what happened.

Hello cuckchan!

Fuck off, commie. If anything this is more like the internet getting overrun with feral niggers.

Since comfy is a buzzword for boring, they still exist

Isnt gentrification generally bad though? Like ripping down old shit build stone (((modern))) buildings instead of restoring and keeping the culture

Like a giant stone slab building next to actual architecture

2007. You haven't been paying attention, or your were born in the mid to late nineties. The launch of the iPhone brought the web to everyone too stupid to operate the address bar in a desktop browser.

wakfu only looks comfy. its korean grind with idiot company in charge. you just better spend the time watching wakfu cartoon where you even have lewds.

What the fuck are you talking about ?
Maple story is such a piece of shit you cannot even rebind keys. You bash mindless enemies for decades and has always been pay2win.
What are you smoking ? Most of the games in the OP are shit.

Dofus is good again with the mono-acc servers.

MapleLegends is a good nostalgic MS private server with around 600 players daily.

Runescape also has a nostalgic private server.

Easy answer.

MMOs are laser focused on 1-2 competitive aspects, not enough attention being payed to fluff content.
There's actually games coming out now that completely revolve around that 1-2 competitive aspect alone.

Best part about WoW wasn't raiding. It was chilling with bros fishing or exploring the world or making lowbies suffer. If you weren't a raider and liked roleplaying you had empty houses and enough character emotes and animations to do something fun. You had a world with weather and time cycles and seasonal events.

Now it's all just grind grind grind on the gear treadmill. No fun.

smh

Pretty much. Now:
1000_trillion_points.jpg

>Not playing MMO's where you can hug other anons

Holy fucking shit you guys would get your heads bashed if we were back in those days.
Get taste.

R.I.P.

Pre-big-bang MS was good.

No it really wasn't, it had nothing going for it just endless grind holding down one key and RNG that would make the average gacha game shamed

THOU MUST HOP ON THE LOOT THREADMILL user
WHY AREN'T YOU IN THE LOOT THREADMILL user, YOU'LL BE LEFT BEHIND
FUN IS NOT ALLOWED, GRIND SOME MORE DAILIES AND SHITTY ENDGAME CURRENCIES FOOL

None of the games in the OP are fun at all, you'll be looking back on this post with the same fondness you do these absolutely abhorrent gook grinding games in a decade because your nostalgia goggles will be on

MS had great comfy atmosphere.

I'm sorry that you had no childhood, user.

You should play Black Desert Online, it has really comfy grind and gathering

Comfy is codeword for boring, though I admit some of the earlier music was good before they went techno. It's one of those games you like when your a kid and have no taste with an endless attention, sort of like shitty bands, but it's not actually a good game and something you'll never have the same experience in again. Anyone who can go back and play it now and claim it's good and fun is probably insane, a BR who can't afford to play anything else, or a gook who are like ants and can do the same thing over and over again.

PSO2 still exists.

I'm sorry user. You were terminally pleb as a kid. And you still are.

this

Man Wakfu has gone to shit, they had the whole sandbox aspiration to begin with, then it slowly fell apart, but the gear/drop system was still in line with it. Now they scrapped that too and it has a shitty upgrade system where everything is fucking worthless except fully upgraded endgame gear and you can't keep up unless you grind continuously. Whereas before gear a stage or two below endgame - or even a fair way behind in the case of some pieces like Sprecious and Dragon Pig gear - was still worth a lot and was your pathway to making some dosh.

Top that off with the fact almost every class plays exactly the same way since there's no fucking build variety like there is in Dofus and the game is irredeemable.

Companies casualized the games or jewed them so hard that the gameplay was ruined for profits.

See above. Also the thrill wears off once you realize the game you're playing is either shit, or noticeably shittier with less players.

Pre-BB MS had good aspects, but otherwise it was a mostly shitty game with an even worse community. It was probably one of the worst communities I've dealt with for a game, but I'm sure there's worse.
every other year I join a PS for a few months, quit when I get bored, then repeat
none of them fix core issues with the game, and they never will for nostalgia sake
I don't know why I do this to myself

really can't argue with that

I like the style it was going for, but limiting itself to 800x600 for years really hurt it

why is this nostalgic? why not the actual training or party quests?
exploring maps was fun once you had better skills for killing and movement, but walking across the map just to get to the first job instructor wasn't fun, especially when your damage was shit so killing any monsters was tedious

have you ever played a RPG before?

I hated them. Why is this nostlagic? Unless you mean "fucking with them", in which case, yes I did love fucking with them. but i'd rather have a better community than the faggots who still to this day use MS and private servers in place of social media for god knows what reason