Did you fall for the Amiibo meme?

Did you fall for the Amiibo meme?

I held off for years till the Bayo ones came out. Since they were the only Bayonetta merch i could find i picked them up but later also ended up getting the squid sisters, inkling girl and Isabelle from animal crossing because i like cute things.

But thats that, however my more normalfag friends all tried to collect all of them and keep ones like sanic in the box "for collectors purposes" and dont actually use them.

How badly did you fall for the plastic toy dlc famigos?

I never bought any but I don't own a nintendo either.

do you hotglue them?

You dont hotglue bayonetta, she hotglues you.

The only one I have is the chibi robo one since it will be the only piece of merchandise that the series ever had before it's death

What's an Amiibo?

I understand.

Like a DLC unlocker in the form of a cheap plastic figure as I understand it

I'm tempted to get a few of them, but I refuse to pay $12-$15 for the suckers.

I bought a few when i saw them at yard sales/on clearance for 50 cents or something, but i ended up just selling them off to nintendrones after that zelda game came out.

I only have the pixel Mario that came with my gift of Mario Maker. I don't like the quality of most of them but at least it's hard to fuck up an arrangement of cubes.

I only have OoT Link because it's my favorite design and all the other figures use his Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess outfit.

Nope, I can proudly say I'm not a Nintencuck who enjoys buying cheap plastic toys to unlock DLC.

I bought a few of them. Shulk, Sanic, PAC-Man, Ryu, Samus, Mega Man, Fox,Shovel Knight and Captain falcon.

Leave me alone, actual figmas are too damn high.

Its okay user, shoosh pap pap pap.
Its going to be okay.

Just had a thought. What happens if you tap a DLC fighter amiibo to Smash Bros if you havent bought their DLC? Do you unlock them? Or is it just a "Fuck you" situation?

I only bought amiibos of characters I liked or of characters who didn't really have any figurines.

From what i hear, you still get to fight the amiibo, but if you want to actually play as it well you better cough up that there DLC money goyim.

A "Fuck You" situation because the Amiibos only store data.

and give you free rides on the russian metro.

stern. stern but fair.

I buy a few every now and then. They're cheap plastic shit that are great for filling up empty shelves.

I bought splatoon amiibo
I fully admit I suck but samurai schoolgirl inkbait

Inklings are cute, its okay to admit this friend.

I got Rover and Digby from AC
They're sexy

I bought the pink yarn yoshi because my friend's wife wanted it for christmas. I got a blue one for myself

Why the fuck is Shirou made of swords anyway? Did Kerry get lucky in finding a survivor that the one kid who happened to live had latent magic ability AND a body made of iron? Who exactly were Shirou's real parents? Is this ever explained?

I'm pretty fucking autistic, but nothing about these things are remotely appealing to me. I even have a 3DS and a Wii U too.

I have the charizard one because I really like that charizard and I can't afford the expensive figures

Did you hotglue it?

I blame samurai for not putting Chibi in Smash for no good reason.

You know, in essence, I think the amiibo idea isn't that bad. A single object that is used to unlock stuff over different titles, even if not produced by the same company. The problem with nu-tendo is that they're not only making billions of different ones, most of which are about some anniversary or specific game, they're also giving you shitty rewards for owning them most of the time and they're artificially inflating their prices, and that doesn't even cover scalpers and collectors being absolute cunts. Thank goodness there's plenty of small gadgets that replace amiibo functionalities if you own the console and thank goodness the emulators won't have to deal with this shit at all.

No.
My roomate and brother did and they don't regret their purchase.They have them on their rooms somewhere like a figurine (bayonetta,shulk, the ones harder to get)
Amiibo is figurine and dlc, not just dlc. they're not high end figurines, but they sell as such. Marketing wise, it's smart. They profited. Let the cattle get farmed.

Nice. I'd get one. I don't get figurines myself, but I'd probably like to collect from the games that really defined my childhood (OOT, Super metroid, a megaman figurine, etc)

no because I'm not a nintoddler
nintendorks and their gay DLC figurines lmao

Merchandising has been dead to me.

I love Amiibos. I only collect the cute girls and the characters I like though.

Lucina does not fall into either category. She's SHIT in every way possible

Disney had their own line of amiibos, for the Disney Infinity line of games. Both games and figures were decent quality, toys being beefier than Nintendo's and games more akin to Skylanders (unlock-a-thons requiring lots of toys to be completed).

Suddenly, the series was canceled for no apparent reason, as sales were good. Online components were cut, entire games became inoperable since they required a drm login at the start. Disney Infinity 3 which was more or less one year old, got essentially bricked. Fans cried and were ignored.

And the best part? Disney later re-released the games on steam, with everything unlocked as if you had bought hundreds of bucks of merchandise for each. They milked those fans to the end, to the bone.

We still have Disney Infinity in our storeā€¦ I think. I ought to talk to our merchandisimg manager to let them know the product is basically defective now

I guess you can still sell the figures as basic toys

I bought one for the loli squid butt. I've done much worse things.

I buy regular figures and figma instead.

No, amiibos are stupid and everyone who bought one is stupid as well. Not only did you pay for something that should have been part of the game, you also paid premium for it because it comes in a shitty Happy Meal toy. I remember when I thought people paying for skins and map packs were retarded, but amiibos are like premium retardation.

Is there a usb NFC writer/reader you guys recommend? Because i'm not gonna shell of money for a android phone just to pirate amiibos or spend 50 bucks for the amiiqo to do it as well.

I wonder why your adult games come bundled with happy meals :^)

I fell like a fucking idiot. I have Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Toon Link, Dark Pit, 8-bit Mario and Shovel Knight. Except for Shovel Knight I regret buying all of them. *Especially Dark Pit.* I would kill myself, but I don't deserve the gift of death after buying the Dark Pit amiibo.

I don't have any, since I didn't play my Wii U enough to warrant purchasing any. My games backlog is big enough as is.

I mean, you can still hotglue it, right?

Did you buy a Kiki figurine ?

its ok when nintendo does it

I'm going to get off my arse and get the nfc codes downloaded onto my phone.