There are anons that never owned a Saturn or Dreamcast

There are anons that never owned a Saturn or Dreamcast

I wonder if these poor anons know they missed out on the last great home arcade experience? At best they got the wagglan era of the Wii but everything else died with Sega as a 1st party console developer.

Did you ever go back? surely there are some that discovered the joys of Daytona, Space Channel 5 and Sega Bass fishing. A design period we will never see again.

Do you miss it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=yOzhRlA5cI8&t=8m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=Hiuw6-lVYNk
youtube.com/watch?v=adAcGT3WdLY&t=1m
emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I started with the xbox 360 and ps4 and didn't feel like I missed out on much. We're master race after all so who really cares in the end? They will all be cracked/moddable/emulatable anyways.

Saturn is a weeb console and I'm not a weeb, not enough games pique me on it besides Bomberman, Initial D, and ASL 2. Dreamcast however was the fucking shit I could tell that by looking at some of the games for it but it don't matter anymore, I haven't even really got into the 6th generation.

Could be coincidence but are you the Saturn autist from last Winter.
Dead board.

I actually never owned one myself but my cute neighbor did had one and I played with her a lot in the damn thing, particularly the sonic games, including Shuffle, Miss Pac-Man and my favorite, Project Justice.

Kill yourself.

Saturn emulation is actually pretty good.

Since when?

Master race baby. Never underestimate autism and dedication.

Dreamcast is great is you can find a 1st gen, because they actually shipped it with a dev OS build with no copyright protection and it will played burnt game discs with no boost needed.

Just go into a flea market or anywhere not run by (((collectors))) and look underneath. If there is a (1) underneath on the sticker buy that shit, gen 1's are getting rare and they are so worth picking up.

Tears in the rain.

MEH. I didn't miss much there. Raine/Callus/Kawaks/Nebula/MAME handled that stuff well enough.

Emulation of quadrilateral based 3d hardware is an interesting prospect though. Or a hardware replacement, nvidia shouldn't care too much about releasing the specs of that whole card, a duplicate could be even more useful for the controller ports.

I would've regretted it if I wasn't a child and my father wasn't the one buying the games and consoles.
Ah well, someday I'll go back and play them.

I own one Reddit, shut the fuck up and fuck off.

SSF seems to work fine for me… Or at least better than what I've seen people record on youtube.

DID SOMEBODY SAY SEGA SATURN???

He died for our sins. ;_;7

shill detected

that is not reddit spacing, here is your (you)

That is exactly what op did.

Maybe your phone screen it isn't.

Saturn was alright. Dreamcast is the most overrated hipster console of this century. Dreamcast's games were original and some were fun, but the system itself did more to hold those games back than it did to deliver them to gamers.

yeah maybe because they don't care for shitty games on shitty consoles with gimmicky controls

The only person I know who owned a Dreamcast growing up was a nigger. Not just saying that

THEIR BATTERED BODIES WILL NEVER FORGET!

No tbh fam

Gotta play mahvel baybee

I have money for one (1) of these and a couple games. Which one do I grab and which games?

You grab a gen 1 dreamcast because it plays burnt discs natively. Play everything.

Never really cared about those kind of games.

What the fuck. No wonder this went under, that's almost psp tier. Not that I'm complaining.

Oh yeah jeff gerstmann talked about game journalists at the time just having a cd book with sleeves of burnt dreamcast games they pirated for reviews at every building as the norm.

I think I had like one chance ever to play a Sega Saturn. It was on someone else's machine. I think they had Maximum Force in.

I don't know much about the libraries of either of these systems, but I'd still someday like to play Panzer Dragoon Saga.

There's at least one of the titles you mentioned that isn't fairly consigned to "designs never seen again".

See if you can find where this came from:
ALL REVIEWS: Very Positive (297)
RELEASE DATE: Mar 4, 2011
DEVELOPER: SEGA
PUBLISHER: SEGA

What's lost to history, user?

I'm on the verge of ordering it now, you better not be bullshitting me user.

Remember it needs to be a gen 1 with a 1 underneath, gen 2's had this fixed.

Hell, even Dreamcast emulation is a mess. Thankfully getting your hands on a Dreamcast isn't too insanely difficult or expensive.

poor me

Fortunately you can emulate the Dreamcast's three exclusives without issue.

I got a dreamcast, 2 controllers, 2 memcards, 40 games, and a few other things for 40 bucks. Best deal of my life. The only problem is the motor that moves the laser gets stuck sometimes.

Step it up

Yes, I'm sure you can tell me about all the games that looked better than this in 1998.

Nobody fucking cares.

I care a little

The CRT circlejerk thread is this way

Where are these dumb niggers coming from?

Saturn is still the greatest console of all time

speaking of dumb niggers, you don't belong here either.

Have fun with Mednafens shit compatibility, dumb nigger.

I don't have to worry about shit compatibility because I use original hardware, but mednafen is undeniably the only competent saturn emulator. Either way have fun getting mad in threads you don't like you insipid child

Does it run good on wine?

How appropriate.

Why do hardware fags always lie about emulators they've never used?

The one console that pc has trouble emulating.

SSF works if you're not retarded.

ah, the eternal emunigger, always here to derail threads and always stuck in their inferior ways.

Ah, the nigger, too stupid to do anything

literally too stupid, and has to use third party software to mount his ISOs. Wouldn't even surprise me if it was daemontools. 56%, right?

how to spot a casual normie pleb cunt: he prefers a sony system to any sega system

m8, mednafen just added support for like half the crazy peripherals the saturn had. If they fix the emulator crashing in high res modes we'll be able to have fucking goddamn 10 player saturn bomberman over netplay holy shit

Is there a good dreamcast emulator out there? I asked in a different dreamcast thread but I guess it slipped off the board. I used one be for but it didn't actually save, I'd click save but when I'd restart the emulator the save data was gone… Don't remember the name of the emu but I couldn't even find option for savestates…

Never mind I guess I just didn't see the other dreamcast thread…

Both Dreamcast and the Saturn had worse CD Drives than the PS1
That is an accomplishment.

I never owned a Saturn or Dreamcast. I went NES -> N64 -> XBOX/PC -> PC
Family didn't have a lot of money in early years growing up.

Consoles not owned:
SNES
Sega (Anything)
Playstation
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Gamecube
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Kill yourself kike.

i bring you feels

Jokes on you, Dreamcast was a big part of my middle school life.

mednafen works fine.

Yeah but isn't the GD-ROM laser dead by now on every release? Wouldn't make it worth buying anymore.

(checked)
When I see the pic, I always think about how PC-tan just gets PTSD flashbacks about flashbacks while having a flashback.
Thank you for the old feels

Hardware fags just love to show their computer illiteracy.

I think I need to get out more.

I would have totally bought a saturn as a kid… If it wasn't for the fact that they only sold them in Toy's R Us and the only time i got to try one out when they were relevant, they had fucking Sonic R in the console.

FUCK REDDIT

sega shills in full force today

You have to go back.

Sega sucks shit.
Nintendo for life, faggo.
Have fun playing with your blue memehog while I play all the cool third party games like Final Fantasy.
I miss when console wars actually meant something other than empty shit flinging.

Enjoy your Super Cucktendo with its shitty processor, lower video resolution, and reverberating music using the same stock trumpet sounds.

most of this is so vague it could be used to apply to anything lowbrow

Only shitty thing about the dreamcast is disc rot.

enjoy your shitty version of thunder force 3

So is there a fully working emulator for dreamcast or not? I need to finish shenemue 1. Please anons just tell me. I think the best game for dreamcast was slave zero. Dreamcast was kickass but my step brother stole it and traded it for heroin cause he's a fucking junky…. Or at least was…

I could get games running on NullDC, but I heard DEMUL is better. It's recommended that you have a graphics card and no less than 4GB of RAM for each though, especially for the latter.

DEMUL NIGGER

Every thread this is mentioned but no one listens. Probably because Holla Forums is a dumb nigger board.

NullDC is outdated shit.

Thanks user. I will try nulldc. Last emu I used couldn't even do savestates or save.

I use an outdated system to run my games
Ill try demul too

I had no problem running the emu on my potato xp tower, ran real smooth, just no savestates and save data vanished after restart…but I said that befor

It's like you're trying to be retarded

Now that you pointed that out I'd say dreamcast did far better job at putting together resident evil, not sure which but had it for ps1 too and dreamcast graphics were better

Saturn was amazing at 2d games but the market went all in on 3d. With the ram expansion cart, games like X-men vs street fighter were fantastic. Definitely a niche system but worth it for some although you can generally just play those games on arcade system emu now.
Dreamcast had 3dfx tier graphics for like a fifth the cost of a pc with those capabilities at the time. Ps2 was more powerful when it eventually came out but Sony exaggerated the hell out of the specs to get people to skip the DC and just wait.
I no longer own either but I had a lot of fun with them back when.

I know but I have a toaster speaking of which

Maybe if I can get my PC to work again, I'll see if it can run Demul through changing some things in the options. Maybe I didn't set it up properly.

I own a dreamcast and I played some games on a saturn.
And tbqh fam both consoles where too obscure imo.

Incredible and 1337.

I never stop being thankful I can't feel lonely with the shit I read literally every couple days at maximum.

Is that a mental defect or am I just lucky?

Sorry, my parents loved me so I played Nintendo.

checks out

>there are "people" who name reaction images .jpg

I don't see the issue, it's just a console.

I owned a dreamcast. What's the big deal? It's nothing special, hipster.

I saved the image from /monster/ ages ago, whoever uploaded the image must have got it from cuck/jp/'s monster girl threads.

For context, when /monster/ was smaller the BO started recognizing posters from certain threads by their filename timestamps. This lead to /monster/fags all saving their images with the original filename instead of the new one to preserve anonymity and for some anons, the habit stuck.

It used to, before porchmonkey took over. 1443724017931 would have been from October 2015. Not that it matters since there are a billion other imageboards besides 4chan that still use the unix+3 format.

Same here

I was thinking of getting that Dreamcast arcade stick to better enjoy the various fighting games the system had, but I've also read that the arcade ports such as Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK 2 weren't as good as the originals.

I'm sorry user but those two words lose all meaning to me when you use them together like that.

I had to sell my Dreamcast when I was way down. It had the VMU with all my creepshots from D2 and my Skies saves. I wonder how many faggots pretended they beat it on that sort of garbage. And my rad fuken toppestry in pic related.

I'm going to find it. This town isn't big enough for that VMU.

My only good accomplishment with dreamcast was I completely anialated the game slave zero which was prolly one of the best game for the system(my opinion so don't get all autistic on me)

I don't know if you were talking about yourself or trying to talk for me but my tower runs just about any game I've ever tried to run on it, except the ps2 emu but desmume runs perfect and same with project64 and ppsspp so I'm sure demul will run fine. I did use a Saturn emu but I couldn't find any good games, I just played that one game with a purple clothed guy who flew threw rings(didn't really like it). Are there good Saturn games?

I had a dreamcast and I think it's probably the worst console in my collection. I play my neo geo pocket color way more. Code Veronica was fun.

My last console was the ATARI, man.

These days I'm PC master race.

Nigger what, both games ran on Naomi arcade hardware, which was basically a Dreamcast with extra ram. The Dreamcast ports are essentially arcade perfect

Are you dumb or just retarded? Just look at the fucking memory card you dipshit. The memory card could hold mini games on it to help progress in the game for when you were away from home or at school, those devs had great fucking ideas. Yeah the controllers were big as fuck but after a month or two of playing it it was great.

Check out slave zero gameplay on YouTube, that game was kick ass!

I have never owned any console

Ama

Ah, my mistake.

The VMU was criminally underused, however it was also very limited in space.

Stop. That port is absolute shit. The PC version is way better.

No seriously, Slave Zero on Dreamcast is absolute dogshit. You're probably the only person on the planet who thinks it's good.
hooktube.com/watch?v=yOzhRlA5cI8&t=8m6s

Let me guess your gonna tell me next zone of the enders for ps2 was garbage game too, fuck off nigger. Love it or shove it

Just look at the likes and dislikes in the link you gave, fucking retarded. Are your trying to obviously troll me?

So what. I had a gameboy for that.

That's why I had three memory cards, of course its gonna be limited look what else it can do other than just store game data.

A game boy could connect to n64 and do that, wow I must of missed that part…

Other than Pokemon stadium I have no fucking clue what your talking about

Nigger, Slave Zero is a fun, linear mech action game on PC. But on Dreamcast you get
I owned it back in the day, and it was unplayable. Play it on PC and pirate the GoG version.
Because that video primarily covers the original PC version you dumb nigger. How about you actually watch it before running your mouth.
No because that game runs perfectly fine for the system it was designed for, you disingenuous retard nigger.

Well it ran perfectly fine on my dreamcast I would of remembered slow frame rate, and of course everything is better on pc nigger. I'm just saying its prolly the best game I had on dreamcast (again this is my opinion so please don't become autistic)

I had no clue they had a pc version so now you know where I'm coming from faggot so now you can just fuck off and stop commenting on my opinions

It didn't.
You obviously don't.
Yes, and unfortunately Slave Zero could've have run better on Dreamcast, but Accolade and Infogrames were retards with the hardware.
It isn't, not with those objective technical issues.
A misinformed one.

The fact you think it's good with obvious missing details, like NO MUSIC, is proof of your misplaced nostalgia. By your logic, the SNES port of Ultima VII is the system's best game too.

Here's more comparisons
PC: youtube.com/watch?v=Hiuw6-lVYNk
DC: youtube.com/watch?v=adAcGT3WdLY&t=1m

Well now you know, so no need to keep replying if you can't keep your thoughts in a single coherent post you autistic nigger, goddamn.

Oh look more useless info. It did run fine for me, I did everything in the game and completely beat it.
I can't say much about shenemue cause I didn't get far in the game cause it was all stolen from me, also played a lot of one sonic game with those creatures you could store in the memcard , I just remember the first level where a truck chases you down a hill and you oddly surf on a board on the streets and hit ramps. I also played the fuck out of resident evil but they had it on another consol so don't feel a need really to talk about that game

I'm not using misplaced nostalgia from 18 years ago. Nice job at not watching what I posted.
You clearly haven't played in nearly 20 years. You were young enough that you didn't know what franerate was.
That's nice you slogged through that shit port. Wish I had that kind of patience.
How is it that you can't remember Sonic Adventure 2? Are you a europoor?

Well I tend to lose interest in what people have to say if they are mocking me or have nothing else to say but disagree with what I say… So I guess if you wanted me to pay attention then maybe try losing some of that aggressiveness you have… This is about games not trump or clinton…bye

Hey, check it out. Some faggot that don't play games. Imagine that in a place like this. You will have sixteen funerals now.

Your post only makes sense in your head. No one else gets it but you

You're playing with the wrong animal. You ain't even touched Kid Chameleon, you fuck of trash faggot.

Faggot 22 there and had buck all to contribute. Imagine that. Real curious, isn't. How some bodies don't even want you to enjoy your hobby around the holidays. You're the epitome of a loser.

There were also some company who ported Playstation-games (without licensing and all that) to play on the Dreamcast.

I've played kid chameleon, I prefer Little nemo: The dream master. That post still makes no sense to me, meh wouldn't be the first time someone said something to me on here that made no sense…

The only emulator that worked for me is Demul

What actually good games they had?
I owned mega drive but it broke.

Sega fanboys are probably the worst corporate fanboys out there. Not only do they wank over that annoying blue hedgehog but they also keep pretending that their DRM machine is better than any other DRM machine on the market.

Not really, if you read the thread then you would of seen where two anons that were fighting about a dreamcast game both agreed pc is where the magic is… Guess you didn't read that post

That's just obvious but this thread is about consoles not PCs.

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS

hi gamezard

results are a little mixed and tied to your hardwares performance, but mednafen is adequate.

Jesus, just fuck off back to where you came from you little faggot. >>>/reddit/
>>>/cuckchan/

SSF works with nearly all games and just takes time to set up.
Alcohol 120% is easy to pirate and install

Mednafen has worse compatibility.

Prove it

So you just are gonna run away when asked to prove something, gamezard fuck off

>Omikron The Nomad Soul
Good premise, good aesthetics, terrible execution. remake when?

I'm still waiting for the day that we can emulate dreamcast games… any day now… any day.

Does Panzer Dragoon Saga run in mednafen?

yeah, gamezard is just shilling an inferior emulator. because he has a toaster. Mednafen has better accuracy, requires better hardware and is ultimately the best way to emulate saturn. Keep in mind it is still emulation however, and games like panzer dragoon saga which push the system to the absolute limit in both graphics and sound may require even better hardware than it might take to get something like cotton 2 running at a smooth 60.

You missed out on SNES, lotta good games there.

Sega (Anything)
same with genesis, but most are either easy to emulate, or can be bought on steam if you're a moralfag.
Dreamcast only had like 10 good games, but those games were REALLY FUCKING GOOD, but it's hard to emulate and there are very few ports.

playstation is the same as genesis. Good games that are easy enough to emulate.

Gamecube is also very easy to emulate, more so than PS 2 that's for sure.

Speaking of PS2, it's a lot harder to emulate than the others (except dreamcast). It's not impossible but you're not gonna be able to set it up in a single afternoon.

yeah, unless there's a PC port, or you're willing to go out and buy the console you're pretty much hosed. Don't worry though, this era is basically where games started going to shit anyway, early 360/PS3 was pretty good so not TOO much was lost.

are you retarded?
emulator-zone.com/doc.php/dreamcast/

They all still pale in comparison to even the 32x. Pic related was like Star Fox without furaffinity.

Demul is the dreamcast emulator around(though it isn't even close to ideal) provided you have a non-toaster.

Nigga that thing had even less games than the N64.

It's bland, sure, if you didn't want war fighter simulator in space. Takes a special animal, I guess, to not need pomp and circumstance. There are rarified animals that hear me. That's all that matters.

Last I checked, most PAL games didn't work.

Do you even read the thread?

Nice meme.

You're right; it's closer to 5.

Well? Anyone gonna contest me on the GD-ROM laser issue?

I've been playing Magic Knight Rayearth and Burning Rangers via Saturn Emulation.

Maybe you should back up your assertion first, especially considering people still are playing their games on original hardware to this day.

I've got a perfectly functional Dreamcast sitting under my TV right now. Played a bit of Virtua-On just last month after picking up a copy at a local hobby shop.

First DC had it's laser go out, but I chalk that up to (literally) over 9000 hours on PSO. Goddamned that noise the head would make when reading off the v.2 disk was painful to hear. A lot of those hours were just me falling asleep with the game on, but it would still read off the disk when people jumped in and out of the lobby.

cuckchan-tier thread

Got myself a Sakura Taisen edition DC recently. It's in mint condition, unfortunately when I booted her up she turned into a smoke machine. Should have expected as much from a 15 plus year old console. I suspect the Psu fuse may have blown, but I'd appreciate any other opinions on this.

Play the saturn version before you die

I suppose that is correct, comment withdrawn

I even said above I had no problem running the dreamcast games, just couldn't save cause data vanished after reset and no savestates. That's all I'm gonna say cause another user gave you some gud info.

Become enlightened of the truth

So does the saturn emulation actually run games like, say, sonic R or burning rangers better than the console itself does? Or does burning rangers still run at a buttery smooth 15fps?

I have no clue user, the one time I used the Saturn emu I just played one kinda poopy game(it ran pretty smooth, the game just wasn't my type of game) and just got lazy and didn't wanna Rom hunt.

Can someone tell me what he ment by this? I'm socially broken so I'm very still confused as to what it means….

You can reply to more than one post at a time you fucking newfag.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/somethingawful/
>>>/neofag/
>>>/resetera/

Yes I believe I have the ability to type everything into the comment box all at the same time as well, does that make me a newfag? Meh, I really don't care what you think about me or my posting skill. If it bothered mods I'm increasing their posts per hour all they gotta do is tell me or swing the ban hammer for a day, I really don't care

its supported PAL games since September last year. Consider actually proving something instead of just talking out of your ass.

It's like you love being a raging homo.

Nigger you're the only one asspulling meaningless politics in this discussion.

gameFaqs probably.

Sonic R ran like shit when I tried it on SSF though Burning Rangers was running on at least 30fps.

mods are gay on Holla Forums

I never owned one but I had friends that did. I kind of missed out on the early 16-bit era went straight from 8-bit to 32-bit.

gas the niggers