Upcoming games you're looking forward or are optimistic about

Time for another one of these, especially now that lots of games have been released and we're almost at CY+3.
I'll start with my list

>GTFO
>The PC port of FFXV if it has decent mod tools
>Cyberpunk 2077 if its not completely fucking butchered due to all the allegations I keep hearing
>Zone of the Enders 2 Remaster
>Age of Empires 4

What upcoming games do you want to see more of or actually play Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=d8pQ1zkJvdQ
spiders-games.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All of those besides a few of em due to not being into the genre or franchises in general plus Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby and No More Heroes 2.5

I just want Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest XI. I honestly can't think of anything else.

a few of those listed and RDR2. I just want to play a good atmospheric western game, don't care about people bitching about R* of David

Bayo 3
Bannerlord
Serious Sam 4
Ace Combat 7
Maybe Monster Hunter World, we'll see

I'm barely paying attention to the modern videogame industry nowadays so I stole from the other posts and yours
I didn't know Frozen Synapse was getting a sequel. I've still got the first one in my backlog

I would list it but I'm expecting microtransactions on the singleplayer game.
So I'll likely shit all over it even if I give it a pirate

Plenty of good shit out there despite me playing a lot of old releases as well.
I still haven't completed my previous list

Oh yeah, almost forgot about Tiny Metal
The fuck?

Made by the actual original creators of Descent. Somewhat concerned about them adding that trichording shit in deliberately this time, but otherwise I like what I've seen in the test builds.

hooktube.com/watch?v=d8pQ1zkJvdQ

Greedfall. Published by Focus Home, made by Spiders. Basic premise is that you're the brother of a mayor of a settlement on a recently discovered island in the 17th century. You're basically there as the peacekeeper between the settlement and five other factions, including 17th century Technomancers, Holy Puritan Magic users, and Native Witches. The devs emphasized that it was not exclusively a combat game, and that there would be diplomatic options, and an emphasis on exploration.
Either way, if we get some badass Soulsborne style gameplay using Black Powder weapons, with some gorgeous scenery, I'll be happy.

Needs gameplay so I can get an idea

No gameplay so far, but they use their own engine, the Silk Engine. Taking a look at their other titles might give an idea:
spiders-games.com

I was looking forward to Age of Empires 4 but I saw a woman with dyed hair was on the dev team and all my hope was crushed
also it's being developed by relic

You're setting yourself up for a disappointment user

Probably. When I first saw the trailer I thought Focus Home was the Dev, and they published The Surge too. Even after I found out it was Spiders, the idea persisted.

Focus Home is a publisher user

I've been trying to avoid everything about it since I first saw the trailer. What happened?

Layoffs and rehires by the company plus some leaks are all paving way to a butchered game full of development issues.

I know, but at the time I'd never heard of them.

They actually produce plenty of AA goodies and dislike Denuvo.

Isn't that the one about the stronk kurdish womyn?

Shin Megami Tensei V. I hope they take their time with it so I have more time to play through the others. I only got to clear Nocturne before Xenoblade 2 came out, and God only knows when I can get back on track.
Also Kirby Star Allies.

Monster Hunter World
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Persona 6

A Metal Gear autist is trying to make a recreation of MGO 2 called Project Fox Online but it's going to be in early access with Unreal Engine store assets. Other than that
Should I play the first Pathologic as well.

Lel Insurgency Sandnigger

The ports to PC of MGS have all been shit and work like potato on my computer. Never got the chance to play it because I just got out of being a console fag when the first one came out. and Bannerlord is taking forever what the fuck is up with that?

Soul Caliber 6
DarkSiders 3
Days Gone
Ace Combat 7
SMT 5
Monster Hunter World
WipEout 10

Cautiously excited for the upcoming Switch Fire Emblem. Echoes proved that ISIS can still be competent to an extent, though the likely possibility of the mobage influencing it's development, and the fact that I'd have to buy a Switch to play it, leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Wasn't there some news about the devs stealing kickstart money or something? I swear there was something along those lines.
Either way AW fans are fucked because it's either this or cucklefuck's game, and cucklefuck's honestly looks better, portraits not withstanding in the slightest.

Fighting EX Layer
Disaster Report 4
The King of Fighters XIV version 3.0
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Acceleration of Suguri 2
Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Omen of Sorrow
The next Umihara Kawase game
Atelier Lydie & Suelle

I'm looking forward to a new IP by a development team I haven't heard of yet. Hard to get hyped for something when what you're waiting for is something new and different.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

Bloodstained

Biomutant

And finally the most important one.

I need pictures of these naked characters. I've been completely unexcited for 13 Sentinels, even though I love me some Vanillaware, so this sounds exactly what I've been needing. Also maybe I should get Metal Max a shot, huh.

It felt like a downgrade after Dragon's Crown. I get a little more excited after last trailer but not much unless they show gameplay. You can see them naked inside robot but it's not much. Metal Max is traditional JRPG. It was fun hunting for these wanted boss. It had some crazy moments where you go against 2 wanted bitches in their house where they setup traps and throw money as trap. Metal Max also had outer space mission where crazed plants fight you. You customize your cars with weapons and shit. I actually enjoyed a game for real in many years. I had a problem with japanese and lost sometimes though you had to use metal detector once and didn't know how lol but learned it later. Some boss attack you together in world sometimes. Check at 1:12 and 1:25 to see them naked inside robot.

Really fucking tired of people trying to bait me saying durr it's not like 4U or 3U where its not casual but casual is still good! Fuck off Reddit!!!!!!

It's still Monster Hunter. As long as it's not a shitty game, I will get it. We'll have to wait and see though.

The demo is out. It's a the worst monster Hunter game.

Quietgirls

Sakuna
Spire
Ys 8 PC
Open Apoc
Xenonauts 2/Phoenix Point

Oh boy it's time for another incredibly low budget, incredibly rushed game.
Worst part is that these games could be incredibly fun if they do their thing instead of copying bioware or CDP

Agreed on Jurassic world

cut your expectations by half and then prepare to be disappointed.

Sooner or later they are bound to release a passable game, even by accident.

Mordhau full release, Bannerlord, Witchfire and Death Stranding are games I can think of off the top of my head that I'm excited for.

Yeah, but how long will they keep releasing half finished blunders? At the very least Cyanide Studios can make decent games even if they're also rushed.

Forget Battalion even though Petroglyph have dropped the ball as of recent. I just… always wanted an RTS where I design own faction, okay?

You fucking shitheads

I didn't realize Mario played monhun.

Can I ask why after 3 was so boring and short?

>Hitman season 2

Thats why

I skipped the Talos Principle, I assumed it was a shitty meme game since I've never heard of that studio trying to make anything that resembles a thoughtful game. It's like EA Sports making a good CRPG or something.

Gonna need a quick rundown.

Assuming shit like that is fucking retarded.
Its a great puzzle game, go play it

Wait, are you telling me the people behind Serious Sam are the same behind Talos Principle?
Also checking them digits.

Ghost of a Tale is due to be released in March.

Oh shit really? Have you played it? How is it?

Borderlands 3. I like going full autismo with loadouts

Legitimately the only games i can think of off the top of my head that I personally am hoping a good future for.

Obligatory HL3.

Yes, and it was unintentional too as it started as just a way to test some puzzles for SS4, but was so fun they said fuck it and made one of the best first person puzzle adventure games to date.

demo != beta

Now you're just being obtuse. But I will check out Talos Principle regardless.

Metro Exodus. The Metro series has always been a favorite of mine, and as far as delivering a good story in a post-apocalyptic setting, it's miles ahead of anything Bethesda could Shit out, mostly thanks to the books. The books are also really worthwhile.
In another timeline where Oblivion made all the fallout games and it wasn't all shit, I imagine there'd be some sort of crossover with the Metro series. Fallout: Europe would be kickass if done right.

Mon Hun World and Spire. DBFighterz looks sick but I'm only interested in watching tourneyfags.

Yes, he was involved in Project Phoenix and used that money to make Tiny Metal. He recently said he's gonna revive it if Tiny Metal sells at least 150.000 copies, basically holding it hostage.

Cautiously optimistic about:

>90s Super GP if it EVER comes out

guess i'll just wait for escape from tarkov.

DBFZ, the fist of the North Star game made by the yakuza devs, Bayonetta 3, witch fire, Metroid prime 4, the new no more heroes game, REmake 2, death stranding, and monster hunter world. 2018 looks like it's gonna be a good year.

Bump

Grand Theft Auto: Cyberpunk.
Set in Russia 2018

user I've got some bad news for you then…

This and only this really. Monster Hunter World looks like a pile of shit.

All I'm really looking forward to is Bannerlord and Cyberpunk 2077. And EDF 5 on PC.