Why does everyone love this game? It had too much pointless action-less driving sequences...

Why does everyone love this game? It had too much pointless action-less driving sequences, too much unskippable cutscenes and dialogues, almost zero freedom in accomplishing objectives, clunky controls, and broken gunplay. Honestly, even Mafia 2 and 3 feel less broken than this game.

doesn't have niggers in it, so that's a plus, and it's not as broken as mafia 3

As always, OP is a cocksucking faggot. Check 'em.

too obvious
lay it less thick if you want to get some hits

Very nice, but check these.

The mechanics I mean, not the glitches. There was a mission where I had to clean the bathroom on a ship, and then in another mission I had to pick up dozens of boxes in a ship dock. I mean, really? Enemies also were bullet sponges, a whole mag of colt detective wouldn't kill them more than often.

Whats with you butthurt fags.

I'm pretty sure head shots is instakill.
But some parts of some levels were tricky.
I personally made it a challenge to end each level at 100 life.
Pretty cool game, in comparison to GTA VC, where there was a lot more focus on the story, and lots of small things that were nice.
Best level is Lucky Bastard.

you are replying to bait m8

Not really, it usually takes two headshots.

I understand what they were going for with Mafia, making a Godfather styled narrative driven immersive and realistic simulator, and I can appreciate that. But they needed to cut down the boring and unnecessary stuff. GTA IV did the gritty and realistic cityscape simulator better by being much more action packed, I'm sure the dev were inspired by this Mafia and tried to improve upon it.

Gitgud

I don't think it's right to compare Mafia with GTA 4.
GTA VC and Mafia sure, but were released not far from each other.

I was just talking about the mission structure. As for GTA vs Mafia, GTA has tighter controls but Mafia has better driving.

they're normalfags with a mafia movie boner
yes, the driving, while on point, is pretty bad. especially when there is so much of it
what? pretty sure you can Esc out of every one
yea, but most of the scenarios have a lot of charm to their design
not really, but I wish I could remap the dodge roll to something else instead of double-taps
gotta agree with this as well, the guns kill you in about 3 bullets, but not your enemies
10/10 atmospheric game
3/10 fun game to actually play. Mafia 2 was a better overall game

Yeah, I dunno what had gotten to my mind when I wrote cutscene.

You can't zoom in while aiming your gun, the only way to keep your gun ready is by crouching, and sometimes objects in front of you make you unable to shoot.

Yep, my opinion as well, though I prefer GTA 4 to both.

Again, not fair to compare two games with years between them on mechanics. GTA IV's controls are pretty shit though. The story is also pretty different, on Mafia and GTA VC, you are part of the mafia, working your way up. On GTA IV you just want to kill a guy and help mafias every now and then.

Mafia's controls are still worse in every way though.

It's not like it affects the gameplay in any way. You don't control finances, trading negotiations, contraband distributions, or other godfather stuff. You're still an errand boy for the mafia lords and the game itself.

Literally half this board.

And the other half.

Protip: When you're trying to solicit opinions, don't go trying to shut them down at the same time.

Mafia 2 was definitely superior. The first game's lengthy driving sequences did my head in especially with all two songs on the radio bloody hell, yeah the songs were good but the same ones over and over grated my ears trying to get from one side of the map to the other.
I really liked the setting and story though and it could have been awesome, but Mafia 2 took that and made great improvements. Shame they had to make Mafia 3 about niggers, otherwise I might have played it.
What happened to Joe?

I didn't play Mafia 3 either but from what I've gathered he gets tortured and killed offscreen by some type of random gangsters. There's an arc about him, related to helping old-man Vito

Reported for racism.

t. triggered nigger