How often do you play retro games? if you're 20 years old or under, are you even interested on them?

how often do you play retro games? if you're 20 years old or under, are you even interested on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390640277
gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/dark_forces_plus_basically_vanilla_mouse_look_an_alternative_to_darkxl/page1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go shove your Saturn up your ass

All old games are bad, go to bed gramps.

it would be extremely painful

I play them every fucking day, Segata-san.

You might have to define where exactly you draw the line for "retro" (and then deal with the bickering over your choice regardless of what it is), but I usually have more interest in games from sixth gen and earlier, than seventh or above.

I wish /vr/ here wasn't dead.

Well I played the OG version of Skyrim recently, not that mainstream Enhanced thing, gotta say it was pretty retro.

fuck off.

SICKEST GET!!

im 20, I grew up with an n64 and a ps2, I play tons of ps2 games and return to a few n64 classics
anything before that, I do play them but almost exclusively platformers and whatnot

yep, I play lots of older games. I'm 25. I also play them on my CRT just to make Holla Forums a little extra mad

Sega is shit

How was the Initial D game on the Saturn.

FTFY.

You are either extremely new or baiting.

At least as often as I play modern games.

better than the playstation game but the later initial d games are better.

There are kids who think PS3 is retro.

Exactly. What is retro for a mustard rice like me? Anything published in the last century?

Oh man I love retro games like Mario Galaxy and Oblivion.

emulating console games and playing early windows 10 games

Woah you serious user
I would never have guessed.

Is 6th generation retro?

Segata will live on in our hearts.

Right back at you.

Fuck no. Personally, I'd say the 5th generation straddles around the cutoff point, but everything before that is definitely retro.

Is the Dreamcast retro? Is Shenmue 2 a retro title?

I'd personally consider sometime around 1996 to be the cutoff point.

Right now im playing star wars dark forces, it has not aged well.

Time is moving way too fast.

I played through the first section of the single player campaign for original vanilla Doom last night. Can't remember if I actually beat Doom or not as a kid so I figure I'll do a quick run. Doom 2 was always more my jam.

To kinda elaborate, I don't think the Dreamcast is retro, but it's definitely a classic, if that makes any difference.

Use the XL Engine.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390640277

Thanks user, seeing enemies in the distance is difficult since they all looks like dark blobs in the distance that blur with the background.

20 y/o here. Spent my childhood with the N64, GBA, GCN, DS, PS2, and Wii.

SM64 and SF64 are both in my top 10, and I have very special relationships with them. Otherwise enjoy some SNES classics as well - SMW, KSS, Super Metroid, etc etc.

Anything older than/rivalling the SNES, I emulate. NES and Genesis games are just too good. DOOM is fun too.

Same.

I switched almost exclusively to retro games. More fun with minimal bullshit attached.

*tip*

platformers from that era like ninja gaiden are still a good challenge and rewarding, so I play those a lot. in terms of retro pc gaming, a lot of the strategy games from the early 90s were loads of fun like colonization. if you want to talk a little newer like late 90s/early 2000s, i still play those games constantly. i wouldn't really consider anything past '96 retro though, as pointed out

I don't really play games at all. I tried but they all sucked. The only ones that are halfway fun are ten to twenty years old and look like shit so I just get sick of them and quit. Shitposting on the Holla Forums is a much better game and a hella lot more fun.

This, story in vidya is for fags.

Enjoy your ban :)

I play retro games a lot of times, if by retro you mean ps2 and older, but even if we go back a few generations, I am still interested in retro games specifically arcade games.

A little over 20. Why the fuck would anyone regardless of age play new shit? Its depressing. But i also was a poorfag and grew up with 2 or 1 generation older consoles and games since thats all we could afford.

I shitpost on Holla Forums all day every day. A ban aint shit and the fat kike knows it.

I think I only play retro shit now that I'm thinking about it. I branch out to 6th gen at the latest.
I don't even think new games are all bad, I just like pixel art a lot, especially when it's done really well.

Feels gud lads.

I just turned 20 a couple weeks ago and I play retro games a shitton. Some of my first games were Super Mario Bros 3 and Diablo 1/Hellfie. Diablo wasn't too old when I got into it, but Mario 3 was probably relatively old at that point. Zelda 2 was fucking awesome when I played through it for the first time and I adored my playthrough of it, and shit that uses older visuals like DF is right up my alley.

NiGHTs into Dreams is damn great by the way. Saturn was rad.

>>>/cuckchan/

We don't ban for underage here.

If you liked Diablo, check out NoX. Damn good game. Damn good multiplayer too.

Fuck off if you're one of those "hurr Holla Forums doesn't play videogames" idiots. If you're just here to be a shitposting retard, gtfo.

Yes, Holla Forums does. Lurk moar TORpedo.

fuck retro games, stop living in the past old losers

I was exposed to old games when I was born, and I've stuck to them ever since. That said, I do still play new games, but I prefer the challenge that older games have.

DUBS THREAD!
Is playing virtually only PS1 and N64 constitute retro games?

I play them whenever.
But man I love me some of that original Metal Slug and some of those classic fighters.

pixel art is super overrated

it's a shame we don't see more 2d games like dragon's crown

/vr/ is dead here because old games are played enough they do get discussion going. That said it's only because of my tactical shilling anyone even gave a shit about some choice N64 games like Hybrid Heaven. Turok lost it's chance to shine when the non-Steam Level Editor was delayed.

Kids nowadays have less of an excuse. They most likely never played games from before the 360/ps3, so they could be playing a shitload of good games they never played before.

"pixel art" encompasses a thousand of different styles, Do you also say "Polygons are super overrated"?

Is 10 years old enough to count as retro? I rarely play anything post-2007 nowadays.
Otherwise, I fire up my RetroPie about once a week.

Been here for years and years m8. That said, the Holla Forums's rules page confirms that apparently this board is special and bans for underage and the log confirms Mark just doles out 30min bans for this shit. I have no idea why considering that Holla Forums doesn't ban for underage.

Perhaps 2007 is a bit too soon, mind you.

You couldn't possibly have been on this site, longer then it's existed so 3-4 years tops.

Call me when more than five boards on Holla Forums aren't dead as fuck.

4chan still has this place beat when it comes to the more niche stuff.

I have indeed been here for 3-4 years.

3½ to be exact, I guess. Been here since around June 2014.

You're the type of cancer that killed that shitty board

Probably because you let cucks and neofags in who spend more time whining about stupid shit and incidentally posting niche stuff. Stay there >>>/cuckchan/

Sadly i can't play sega saturn because too poor for an SS or a video card with DirectX11

pretty often. I don't care when something is from if it's good
yes, unless I run into severe compatibility issues, extremely clunky mechanics that are used for the entire game, or the early 3d graphics give me motion sickness. I was excited to try descent because I've played red faction but I can't even look at it for 5 minutes without getting nausea.

I play trough fallout 2 every single year at least once. I tried the never ones but i get bored after like 4-5 hours and deinstall. There will never be a good atmospheric fallout ever again.

newer*

19 yo here. Admittedly haven't played much shit before 7th gen but I'm slowly working on it.
I mean, I have played numerous PS2/GCN/GBA/N64 games and a few miscellaneous retros from before that but the bulk of my gaming experience has been with 7th gen shit unfortunately.
Games like Planescape Torment, Thief, and Fallouts 1/2 are at the top of my backlog.

>>>Holla Forums839692
lol

t. (((Bernie))) Stolar

In terms of graphics and hardware capability, i think PS2, and maybe even dreamcast is where retro ends. That's where videogames were more capable of somewhat realistic 3D graphics.

I really regret being born as late as I was. I really do. Being a fan of video games and growing up to play them only after the hobby was effectively fucked to death by normalfags is absolutely heartbreaking to me, not to mention all the long-dead online games that I never got to experience in their fullest, and only got the chance to play long after the communities had died entirely literally or figuratively.
I play retro games a lot and very rarely new releases. The only new releases I play are probably likely to be HD remasters of games I missed out on.

By… not wanting non-retro filth there? Alright then.

lol

lol reported

there's probably an overwatch thread up, you can go be a faggot there on halfchan

make sure not to miss newer stuff like eye and stalker

I own both, I just need to find the time to play them, Stalker especially.

Never even played overwatch, in fact most of modern vidya disgusts me. I'm only here to gloat about how superior /vr/ is to either 4chan's or Holla Forums's shitholes which you call Holla Forums.

shut up nerd boy

n64/playstation are definitely retro at this point.
i'ld even consider ps2 retro at this point if the industry had gone anywhere except the synagogue afterwards.

Every 2 or 3 days, i'm 32

I'll bite because I want to rant. Why? Because I want to just run a game and play without online, clients, updates and long install times? Games nowadays are subpar movie wannabes with no fun allowed, and they have too much bullshit attached. They're not worth the time, money and frustration. I'll play a newer game once in a blue moon, but that's becoming more and more rare.

at least his serifs were in the right place

Level 14 has a game-breaking bug. The Steam guide does explain what to do, but if you don't want to deal with that, you can try using this script that gives the game mouselook. I'd suggest not copying the MOD.GOB file for a vanilla experience.
gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/dark_forces_plus_basically_vanilla_mouse_look_an_alternative_to_darkxl/page1

*When using DarkXL, level 14 has a game-breaking bug

haha i love retro games like skyrim and fallout 3, when they were released I wasn't even 10 years old :))))) i can't wait to share them with my kids when I grow up, we can play it on our holodeck!!!

Sent from my iPad

Older SSF builds runs on 1st gen dual cores at full speed.

I know, but they fuck up with some key games i want to play like shinning force 3

Aw fuck, I think I remember that, I was playing through scenario 1 but got sick of it, couldn't remember if it was because it crashed or not.

For Wii U

Reminder we also have a >>>/vr/ board

It's the music.

Stay there then.

That's not the emulator's fault, Sakuraba is shit.

I was hoping to make more time to play them on my PC but I'll have to stick with my Gamecube, GBA, and fat PS3 for now since I accidentally installed malware when trying to download and open a torrent from FitGirl's site last week when I barely had any sleep. I feel so ashamed.

Would be really nice if it got more than 2 posts per day.

>now get to play all the good pre-2007 games for the first time, mostly (((for free)))

there's a few fightans and stuff like chromehounds that i regret missing out on but otherwise it's pretty good

Nothing's better than finding great old games that you missed the first time. I just marathoned the Wario Land games this year. I'd only played 3 when I was 10 and it was new, so it was more fun than I've had in games in a long time to play through these fresh.
Wario Land 2 is the best.

The first of the children born in the year 2000 will be able to vote in a few weeks

I don't like threads like these because it implies that the majority of people here don't play old games and the occasional newer ones.

Sage due to misery.

Or at least equal amounts of old and new games.

i don't even care about image ratio, shit's just too good.

Obviously. The reality is that if you want to talk about an obscure game the OT threads on neoFAG or the boards on gamefaqs are a better option.

Imageboards are not conducive to intelligent debate.

Shit, there's as many as 5?

Please, name them.

Christ, I'm nearly 22 and I'm starting to see why there's many bad opinions on Holla Forums.
I like a lot of retro games but at this point I only play ones that I'm nostalgic for. Mostly SNES and N64 if anything.

I'm trying to play more classic games as I've never played them before, and if it's a series that has extended into modern times it doesn't feel right to start with a title so late in the series.
Recently I've played Final Fantasy 1, Knuckles Chaotix and Resident Evil 2, and each one left me more appreciative of classic games.

I only play pre 2007 AA+ studio quality games.

Anything after 2007, is usually just some good indie games.

games were good up to SNES era.
PSX era is good if you wanna talk about 3D games.
PS2 era is like a silver era.
PS3 is the start of the decline.

Anything post 2007 is trash beyond indie games.

The formula for retro:
CURRENT_YEAR-15
Look for a small jump in OG Xbox games in a few years, though not as drastic since that's about the time gaming started getting popular.