Do you guys have any quirks that would be considered weird when you play vidya? I have a couple

Do you guys have any quirks that would be considered weird when you play vidya? I have a couple.

In RPGs and such, I never use magic welding characters. I like them in my party, but my MC is always a fighter class.

If I could use 10SP or whatever for +5 strength i would use that move. However, if a temporary stat boost is in item form, I never use it. Potion of strength? Fuck that.

I always pick the boy character and dress him up in the sluttiest outfit I can find :3

I hate elves and katanas.

Can a post be both amusing but absolute garbage?

I hate elves so goddamn much.

Me too. Fucking knife ear faggots.

In games with inventory management ala Diablo I always put items in the four corners and try to keep the center clear for as long as possible, sometimes I don't even put stuff in the middle at all

Elves are better than Orcs tbh

I play the elf and act like a witty little cunt. I basically embrace the elf-ness.
When a game has potions, I save them for later. And then I never use them. For instance I played through deus ex without consumables or augmentations.
I generally pick the snowflake classes nobody ever picks, such as thief/ranger. Not so much nowadays because tryhards flocked to that kind of character.

fuck Diablo 2's inventory management
fuck this shit I want Diablo 1 back again

I compulsively hoard consumables and never use them. Potion of Bull's Strength? Not even that uncommon. Still hoarded and never used. Not even sold. Aether Clusters? Hoarded. Never used. Etc. etc.

In history-based grand strategy games, I always have to do things with as much historical accuracy as possible.

Shit, even in games where I can craft potions I never use them (except healing potions, and I only use those in serious "OH SHIT" moments).

I think way too much about the morality and consequences of my actions, like would it be better to talk a group bandits out of a fight and prevent loss of life or would it be better to wipe them out and guaranteeing they won't hurt anyone else.
It's like that even if I know for a fact they won't show up once they're dealt with, it's a pain in the ass.

I always fucking stockpile potions and consumables never to use them. It always feels like it'd be waste to use them, better save them for when i REALLY need 'em.
If a shooter has a revolver i'll always use it and fully upgrade it if possible. Even better if it has a long and slender barrel.
If a game has armor options that don't actually change your appearance i'll almost always drop them after a few hours, it has to be a really good game for me to look past that.
I'm incapable of taking the edgelord options in most games, it always makes me feel bad for the NPCs.

I'm the opposite. For RPGs if and when there's a magic option I pick it. The mindset always was, since I was a kid, that real life doesn't have magic.

I actually like games where hard choices like that really end up mattering. Even more if the choices have unexpected consequences.

I use highly inefficient strategies for cool effect.
I play for fun when everyone else plays for muh ranks.
I try to roleplay in grand strategy, as well as in military shooters.
I have a disdain for fantasy.
Do I need to continue?

Like what?

What kind of inefficient strategies?

Sounds even worse than blobbing.

I only play humans and dorfs. I also never use potions or poisons because I couldn't be fucking bothered. I like playing dumb shit, like a super fast character with high dodge, wielding a huge fuckoff hammer or claymore, and I enjoy shield bashing shit an unreasonable amount.

Where do you lads who play fantasy games only to never touch the fantasy part come from?
I want to go to that place and raze it to the ground.

don't know if this counts but I have trouble finishing games, mostly rpgs because I don't want it to end

I can't think of anything I've recently played that fits the bill, but I could have sworn that there was a game where if you talked some assholes out of a fight they end up going on to run into the big bad's (not the BIGGEST bad but a big bad) party that's chasing you and seriously weakening them (making them an easier fight). I cannot for the life of me remember the game though.

Well, I do sometimes alter the military organizations for pragmatic reasons, but it's all autism tbh.

I get that, I just prefer to start all of my GS runs with some interesting historical "what if" scenario. What if Harald Hardrade conquered England in 1066 instead of William of Normandy? What if the Kingdom of Jerusalem had survived? What if Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor? I like making small changes and mostly observing the results from there, doing a pure repeat of actual events seems boring to me.

I always try to make an unarmed character if it's viable. Who needs weapons when I'm the weapon? Even better if I can use magic along with unarmed fighting as well, like a Monk type character. Unfortunately RPGs make it a habit now to make unarmed fucking useless or brainless. Instead of just boosting punching damage, why not give me all kinds of crazy throws, holds, chokes, and fighting styles? Add some kicking in there too. Let me curb stomp people and swat peoples' heads off their shoulders with my foot.

Sounds like a deep dark fantasy.

Unarmed is woefully ignored by most devs.

in games where it's applicable i always turn off all assists, applies mostly to spess games.

You know what I really want? A River City Ransom-esque game that lets you do all that shit. Learn new moves in different unarmed combat styles, mix and match even so you can have a Thai kickboxer who knows how to judo-throw and shit like that.

i like big boobs

If the game has a silent protag, I voice act their lines to fit what I think they would sound like, even when people are around to hear me do it. I can even do both male and female

I move through text as fast as possible even if the text moves too quickly for me to read it.
I'm not skipping through the text; I read the text as best as I can, and I get engrossed in stories. I almost consider it a challenge to play through a visual novel or text-heavy RPG and follow the story and characters all the way through.

I always set brightness as low as possible, turn on subtitles and turn off as much of the HUD I can

God Hand at least does that.

Sometimes I narrate shit that I'm doing as if explaining it to an audience. This actually helps to understand what I am doing, because I have to demonstrate it at a fundamental level that even a novice can understand.

My main goal for pretty much any game is to build pretty shit. Though, my definition of what is "pretty" is a little odd.

In Fallout 1, 2 and Arcanum, I always try to make a character who is only good at navigating conversations. High Speech, high Charisma, nothing into combat skills or stealth. I actually managed to make it pretty far into Fallout 2, too.

Motherfucking martial artists/monks. If there is an opportunity to make a character like that I fucking gravitate to that shit every goddamn time even if it fucking sucks most of the time. What I'm trying to say is that is my nigga. On the other hand this type of weapon in DMC and similar games is always 10/10 so there's that at least.

If it's possible, yet suboptimal to play a cleric character, I will play it.

Tank rushing in games where it doesn't really work and trying to make cool formations and moving in like that… of course until i make that formation they all die.

My famalam.
I hate shit like elves, orcs and other classical west-fantasy-tier shit so I usually pick the Glorious Human Race for my characters.
I never use katanas even ironically.
I love setting really weird and difficult traps that obliterate anything that triggers it.
Sometimes I use as little equipment and weapons in games as possible.
I always try to fight or make my main character fight unarmed and just base his growth, stats and skills around unarmed combat. I don't really know why, but I just like unarmed combat.
If there are really no any options to fight unarmed, then I pick the biggest sword and RP as Guts.
Also I try to paint my character, weapons and vehicles red so they will movethree times morefaster.
I absolutely love overkilling enemies.

Try Tales of Maj'Eyal. It has an unlockable Brawler class that lets you make a literal Kenshiro, with the Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken and pressure point trickery or you can make a wild wrestler that tosses shit around. It was really fun playing this class. It was nice to punch great dragons in the face till they die.

In Deus Ex and games like that, I kill everyone on the streets and dump their bodies in the sewers. Then I walk around the empty streets and get a very weird thrilling feeling. I like to imagine someone walking the city at night, thinking everything is fine, then wondering where everyone is, not knowing that an entire graveyard rests below his feet.
Then I reload the game and play like a normal person.

When I play RPGs, I have a compulsive saving habit. I save in new slots constantly, because I'm paranoid and afraid I might want to go back to a certain moment and not be able to. I always save right before any dialogue. If I accidentally advance the dialogue before I was done looking at all the optional stuff, I'll reload and do the sequence again.

I hardly ever end up using any of the hundreds of saves I make, but despite that, I hardly ever delete them either. I just move them to a backup folder when they start clogging up the in-game save menu too much.

I like to play as a battle white mage whenever possible. It started with FFT when I discovered the joys of holy bombing my opponents.

and

Yakuza my guy

I read so fast that i can just skip through everything and understand it clearly. I actually read slower with books than i do video games.

I like RNG with my skills/weapons/etc and I always end up playing crit based classes. Also poisons.

I always like my character to look the way they do in the official artwork. None of this alternate costumes nonsense. Even if it means passing up in-game benefits granted by stronger gear, I still don't like changing my character's outward appearance.

I also avoid playing on pc at all costs. If a game happens to be only for pc, it's instantly neglected and disregarded in my eyes.

I find multiplayer a huge waste of time. Especially online multiplayer. I just like playing singleplayer experiences with a definite end to them. Not shit that can go on forever like the endless multiplayer matches, or arcade games that go on and on.

This started kind of recently - I'd say only 4 years ago - but I like to multitask, even while gaming. That means I will usually have the main game im playing windowed and on the side will be either some video or a documentary or if the game I am playing is particularly mindless, an anime.
In RPGs or games with experience points and multiple party members, I try to keep all of them at the same level. For instance, in the GBA Fire Emblem games, I made everyone (except for the thieves) the same level, or as close as possible to it. I've heard multiple people do this and it seems more like a strategy than a quirk so I don't know about it.
The following quirk has been said a lot in this thread, but I, too, hoard items and never end up using them. My mindset is usually just to save them for really dangerous moments, but those moments rarely come, and even when they do, I may just forget I have items in the first place. Kind of the same case for when I am playing Touhou. By no means am I good at it, but while trying to 1cc on normal, I never use the bombs I am given because I feel like I should save them for when I am really truly in a bind, yet they end up going to waste whenever I die, which I inevitably will.

I like hot female characters in my game but don't like to play as them.

If a game lets me build and use traps, I will happily sink all of my time and resources into them. Land mines, spike walls, trip wires, remote explosives…I love them all. I've spent way too many hours on Fallout 4 simply because the settlement builder lets me turn entire towns into impenetrable trap-filled fortresses, and mods let me spend 90% of my time fighting by luring enemies into IEDs or planting remote-detonated explosives.

I guess I'm the inverse of the "horde the consumables" sort since traps, 9 times out of 10, are a one-use affair that you have to accept will likely be unrecoverable, even if they're never set off.

Go play Cataclysm DDA.

Magic is real and demonic.

It's kabbalism/occultism/freemasonry/illuminati ancient mystery school Babylonian satanism.

Jesus Christ is LORD & Savior

Ew

I did that with The Witcher, not realizing that the "quick save" feature didn't go to a single quick save, but to an individual hard save every time. By the end of Chapter II the game was so bogged down it was unplayable, and then I realized what I had done. About 120 deleted saves later, the game ran smooth again.

I had that exact same experience. I have no idea why they set it up that way. Quicksaves were perfected a long time ago. Witcher 1 runs on the Neverwinter Nights engine, and NWN had proper quicksaving. If I recall correctly, Witcher was also one of those games that had a quicksave key but not a quickload key, which is a pet peeve of mine.

I ended up quitting The Witcher after Chapter 2 anyway, because the game itself didn't hold my interest.

I just cast a spell on you

as long as the potions arent too hard to come by i dont mind. even then i generally lean towards spell buffs. but i share this one with you for the most part.

other than that, im really bad when it comes to keeping outdated or outright junk items. im just terrible with inventories in general. dont play terraria with me.

I like to stand up when playing games with a controller
I'm really not sure why I do this. I guess it's a habit I had as a kid thanks to the arcades and never really grew out of it. Sometimes I bounce up and down on my toes from excitement. This is especially with fighting games, hack n slashes, and certain RPGs like Demon's Souls Thankfully I can contain it when around other people

I have a need for speed.

tfw no extra-liminal nirnian assault lattice who'll be my bf

Going fast with a sword/other melee weapom.
Flicker strike in PoE, MGR:R, Mercenary in risk of rain, Warband, Chivalry, Warhammer:End Times, EDF 4.1 Fencer, E.Y.E., Hotline Miami, Catacomb Kids, running around as the japs in Rising Storm, Killing Floor, using stun prods in XCOM: UFO Defense, every single role-playing game that lets me optimize speed, luck, and swinging a sword around. Something about it is cathartic.

not just related to vidya but, i unbind my scrollwheel in almost all games because i like to spamclick it for no reason. unsure if autistic or ocd.

i also like to play as underpowered characters (in rpgs) and races (in rts), and usually do so even if i normally wouldn't play saif char/race. altho if they get buffed in the future i stick with them and dont drop them because of the buff.

And do nothing but spin it? I spin about in my swivel chair every kill I get.

Goddamn, you and I would get along really well. I do the same things.

Also, will pretty much only play human characters.

My favorite thing to do is to be a sneak kunt, being a meathead is a lot more fun in tabletop situations.

I can't think of many where I can't just slink around, not even DOOM, even Painkiller. Most shit has at least a hidden, slight stealth option. Amazing you gays never had a pic related night. Nor SWAT 3. If you call yourselves operators, you're going to have to get on top of it. It isn't ever going to beat Rogue Spear or SWAT 3, with a group of international operatos, especially in R6. To complete an objective without a half hour of singleplayer planning. That, itself is most of the fun. Doing it in teams, is what most of you missed out on before 2000 or so. The sneak teams and the other sneak teams sneaking on the sneak teams, like an ant queen saw a sticky lollipop somwhere. The amount of majestic teamplay before voip was even a thing. Stunning, how it has done nothing but fall down since.

this is the ultimate in dull

Maybe in tabletop, not in video games. Bust asting barn burning motherfuckers is all that is required. You just ain't tacticool, little girl.

eh eh eh heeeh, as long as I have pooootions

This is what you sound like.

If I can play as someone with counters I prefer it. Something fun about that risk.

I'll also lounge around in those little "paradise" looking alcoves that devs like to sprinkle in back areas.

In RTS games I always spend like 2 hours building up defenses even if they are meaningless and a waste of resources.

They just look so cool.

Looking good and still winning is some of the hottest shit you can do in an RTS. There are the type that just optimise over aesthetics, and think that's all you are doing. Curious, isn't it?

They will always forget the human factor. When they upset it. Surely not MLG straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats, but it busts mosts heads, anyway.

And if they attempt to make that the new meta, I just get better at what I do. It's a vicious cycle.

oh yeah? this is you

In RTS games I would always try to keep a balanced ratio of infantry to cavalry/tanks. Spamming a single OP unit that can target everything severly hurt my autism. However I don't do this anymore because it would lose me 80% of my games. Now I just min-max like a faggot and only look to win using the most optimal strats. I also hate playing the "default" boys in blue faction (Humans in wc3, GDI, UEF) because those usually don't have any special quirks to work around.

In RPG games with dialogue, I felt hard pressed to get every single dialogue response from every NPC, no matter how insignificant. I would also always forego progressing the main story and complete every single side quest I could find. I find classes without any supernatual abilities highly boring and never pick them seriously who the fuck finds "hitting things really hard" interesting?. I hate warriors with a passion. I also hate everything non-human looking or ugly, esspecially green niggers and lizards elves are alright though. I dislike overdesigned weapons and armor and would sacrifice stat efficiency to make my character more visually appealing.

In FPS games I religiously use the automatic or semi-auto rifle. Absolutely detest sniper kids, and killing one brings me great joy every time.

Holy shit I do the exact same thing. They only time I sit is when I'm playing something casual. But if the casual game gets even a little intense, I will stand because I feel I have more focus like that. I'm a console peasant too so I will play 2 hour multiplayer sessions while standing the whole time.

Enjoy your shear failure, faggot.

Girl fetishists are so gross.

I can only play through the story of a game once. Even if there are multiple paths to go through I only ever play once and then look up what the other endings are.

Fuck, I'd make a build like that in every game if possible. Having elemental fists and magic impacts to compliment your punches and kicks is such an untapped goldmine. Just recently I made an unarmed build in Dungeon Lords CE and the animations/combos in that are actually pretty damn complex for a style of fighting not many people would use. Even better when the combos improve and damage rises as you level the skill. You can even buff your fists with fire, ice, holy, dark, lifedrain, etc.
I can use magic along that too without suffering penalties from not equipping a staff. Hell, a lot of the classes are unarmed martial artists with various magic types. Sucks that a lot of games force you to use a staff or some kind of casting item for spells. Not sure why I can't just shoot purging light from my hands.

I tend to fidget in my seat if I'm playing a game sitting down. I play consoles and PC, but even with my PC I stand up and just angle the screen and play with a controller for active games like say Furi.
I've been doing this pretty much my whole life. tfw you have permanently muscular legs from years of standing up and bouncing while playing games

I always take my time in RTS-games. I like to have to be base look good, nothing assymetrical or it won't float. Like there has to be two guard-towers on each side of the road, the biggest base has to be in the middle, the baracks can be off to the side etc. The units always has to of six, one leader and 5 soldiers. Hence why i always lose i guess.

I always use my own name whenever characters are made. Everything else seems phony and ridiculous.