Classic RPGs with good stories that have fairly simple Combat Systems? I love Fallout 1 and 2...

Classic RPGs with good stories that have fairly simple Combat Systems? I love Fallout 1 and 2, but can't get into Baldur's Gate for shit.
Couldn't get into PoE because of the combat, and from what I hear Tyranny is also the same.

I'm basically looking for something with a good story without a combat system that requires me to check manuals or learn how to play.

How's Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2?

But I hate isometric games.

No I like isometric games

Good for you then.

Thanks user

You're welcome.
Enjoy your isometric games, my dude.

Really liked both these games used to play the shit out of DS II at lan parties, that and Diablo 2

Played both 1 and 2 when they came out, loved that shit.
Too bad They fucked up the third.

Story wasn't that great though if I remember right, both this and Diablo were both about exploring shit and getting cool weapons.

As long as I can find some, yeah I hope will

Oh boy do I have the perfect game for you.

You can skip D:OS 1 it's mediocre imo. D:OS 2 is pretty simple to get into, but remember to not be a pussy and play in tactician mode. Also be sure to play with a friend.

You're in the wrong medium.

Pretty much the story wasn't that bad though certainly wasn't great. Diablo at least had the real demon and angel names going for them. Me and my friends used to pretend we were like "demonologist" and spook other kids with our knowledge of the demon world. Good fucking times.

I thought Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura was a great RPG with a rich story; but it's only glaring flaw and what killed it for me was the awkward combat system. It's a choice between realtime and turn based, and the realtime is way too chaotic and sudden while the turn based is way too sloggy and methodical to be interesting. I should give it another go, because it was a really interesting game. It's isometric too, so it's up your alley in that regard.

Tried Spiderweb games, say Geneforge? How about Underrail?

Coop garbage made by SJWs.

user have you even played either of them?

Right I forgot about how people love love Fallout, Deus Ex and Planescape Torment for the amazing gameplay

I miss being able to just have stupid fun like that

I forgot about Underrail, I'll try it out.

I think you were just too lazy to read spell descriptions.

To my deep regret, yes. I even finished the first one twice. I also finished everything from Larian but the Dragon Commander my save corrupted near the end and I couldn't be arsed ti replay everything

Now away with you spawn of Belzebub.

I just don't like how it works.
Fallout I just get a gun, click it, and click on what I want to shoot. I'd rather have that.

nigga u forreal

Why would you even care if they're made by (((SJWS))) if you can pirate the games and kill all the poz in them?

There's more to it than that, you can also target individual parts of the enemy, ranging from the groin to the eyes if you're good enough

Yeah but you never need any of that.
Maybe against Deathclaws, that's it.

Still incredibly simple, it's a step above Final Fantasy Tactics

The AP and targeting system by themselves would make FO's combat more complicated than D&D/Baldur's Gate, the only thing that makes D&D combat complicated is magic and stupid fucking rules systems like grappling in 3.5 but that's neither here nor there. Admittedly I can see why you wouldn't want to deal with it though.

How can you not be?

I'd applaud if you could. Hell, maybe I'd even buy it. But you can't.

Where's the conflict of interest here? The undead wishes to die and righteous folk wish to kill it. The only problem is the disgusting necromancer that bound it to earth against its will.

Yeah they want to murder the undead in cold blood, that's not something you'd want to happen if it were you

What if it's a lich?

You can't re-murder something

It would if I wanted to die. I don't even have to be brave enough to commit suicide.

You can if undead exist

That's not for you to decide faggot

Liches are undead, crimes against the circle of life get annihilated. There aren't any special cases here.

Motherfucker the undead wanted to die in the scenario you gave me. Next time read what you write.

They didn't want to die, they didn't want to be brought back to life.
Two completely different things.

Once they're back to life maybe they'd like to meet some people they left behind or do other things before dying again.
Fuck maybe they wouldn't even want to die.

Faggots only appear once or twice, and in both cases, you can elect to kill them with no negative repercussions. Next argument, soy slurper.

Probably because bladders gates are shit.

Well, that's some out of left field bait even among notgoon shitposting. And I like my bacon thank you very much.

Get the fuck out shills

And how long are they allowed to stay alive? Next you'll be saying that they should vote and hold office. How would you feel if your nation was led by a 900 year old skeleton?

Well I'm fucking sorry, but if the skeleton has the ability to get the people's love and lead a nation then maybe he should be president

user, there is a skeleton in you right now.

Undeath is a variable in some systems is a extension of life in a way with some draw backs in others your literally entropy reborn that slowly snuffs out all life around you as your soul is slowly dissolved by the chaotic unlife forces feasting upon your essence in exchange for a extended life.

opinions are like assholes.
it feels really weird when yours gets destroyed

So at the end of the day, good?

Nice argument, sadly you will have to provide the proofs cluck cluck.

Pretty fucking good, actually.

Can I actually get an example of any of this SJW shit?
Or is this just word of mouth bullshit?

Are people still mad they changed the health and mana orbs?

The only SJW shit is the faggots in the final city of the second game. And everyone is aware of that.

Albion by Blue Byte

Of course, because its not like he's had time to practice lying or anything.

That's all well and good until he makes food illegal because its a waste of time for the Undead Master Race to spend time laboring to make food when they don't need it. Then he'll make air illegal and where will you be then? Out of breath, and also stupid. Checkmate.

Deus Ex at the time had good gameplay doofus, and level design is still unmatched

you're such a fag I'm not sure if you deserve a reply but try Age of Decadence, it's not classic but could pretty much be. Engaging worldbuilding, unmatched choice & consequence in the genre, turn based combat that is tough but fair and it's quite replayable (it's a short game in the vein of FO1)

He also has had the time to learn a massive amount of knowledge and wisdom

Deus Ex is almost completely broken. Enemy field of view is unreal, every single enemy knows instantly where you are if you shoot someone from the other side of the map with a silenced weapon, headshots with tranq darts don't seem to do any more effect, the hitboxes for the heads are completely broken leaving you a very small position to actually hit people with your baton for an instant stun.

These are core mechanics. And they don't work. Maybe if that shit worked then yeah, it'd have great gameplay.

I'll try Age of Decadence out, thanks cunt

Whatareyoufuckinggay.jpg

I found Age of Decadence to be over rated. The world building isn't THAT great, the plot doesn't tie up that well, and the combat was either "way too easy" or "way too hard" depending on your build.

If you can see them, why wouldn't they be able to see you?

Having played the game I can confidently say that you're either full of shit, or somehow got a lot of consistent bugs that I've never heard of before.

why would they? Think of a tranq dart as a poison dart which they basically are it doesn't matter where you get shot, because the point is not to cause damage to that area, the point is to inject the poison/sedative and then wait for the poison/sedative to circulate throughout the blood and take effect. Tranq dart headshots don't make sense and weren't a thing until human revolution. In fact if anything a headshot with a tranq dart would be LESS effective, because there's a chance that the dart would penetrate the thin layer of skin, bounce off the skull, and fall to the ground without ever getting a chance to inject the poison/sedative. If anything you'd want to aim for soft fleshy bits, like the stomach.

This is actually a fair criticism.

Ah yes, the old "He's the most qualified!!!" argument. Career politicians: not even once.

To be precise they weren't a thing until MGS2 which HR blatantly took it from.

General Wisdom, faggot.
Having an all knowing skeleton that has seen it all in control of the country would work amazingly.

Because it's a game, and it would make more sense. This problem, connected with the whole alerting bullshit basically means there is no reason to use tranq darts at any point.

The game isn't realistic whatsoever. Don't know why it would be in this very specific moment.

4confy8me

Yes, yes it is.

no it wouldn't. I just explained why it wouldn't.

It's science FICTION faggot. Of course there are going to be some unrealistic things, but that doesn't mean EVERYTHING has to be unrealistic.

Unless you're going for a pacifist run. Otherwise, yeah you're right. Using the tranq guns would be retarded.
Just like how in real life we don't send SWAT teams into bank robberies with tranq guns and tasers. We send them with rifles, pistols, and explosives.
But if you WANT to use the tranq guns, you have the option.

Arcanum is really great.. if not for the battle system.
It's recommended to just use turn-based and play it.