FFX / JRPG

What do you guys think about FFX?
Maximum comfy

Also general JRPG thread

Play a real game like Shin Megami Tensei or Xenoblade.

Probably the best turn-based combat they had in the entire franchise. Some of the most unlikable characters in the entire franchise. Although I never got past the ice area with the giant fucking spider mech. Auron best girl.

Been meaning to go back and re-play it, finish it a second time. I liked it the first time through, but that might have been the "thank God this isn't FF7, 8, or 9" high.

Absolute trash. Linear faux RPG with bad writing and shit minigames like Blitz Ball.

FFX is basically set the foundation for FF13

It's flawed but I like it
has a point, there are a lot of series that just do jrpg better than final fantasy

time to die user

lookeveryoneimprojecting.jpg

Kill yourselves you fucking niggers.

It's a laughable game.

Completely forgettable, honestly.
It was so linear and tedious for the most part, the whole experience plotwise was optimized into
Hell, the most memorable part of the whole deal was dicking around with the sphere grid, autistically replacing spheres and shit for the dark Aeons and Omega fights.

What did he mean by this?

Nigga it's underwater Captain Tsubasa, how can you hate that?

I miss when RPGs were RPGs.

FFX is unironically one of the best FF ever made. It's a great game and I fully understand OPs urge to replay it every holiday. Tidus is a good character and all you memeing children need to shut the fuck up about a single well-written scene taken out of context.

I completely agree. If only that part of the game were put into an entirely different game it would be my #1 Final Fantasy.

Mein negroe.

Best combat was X-2, vro.

What like Wizardry and Ultima? Because JRPGs were solidified as a thing in 86.

I never got around to playing X-2 but everyone seems to highly recommend it.

They say the combat in X-2 is good since everything else about it is shit.

FFX is my favorite one, it was the game that got me back into the series.

It has good memes, too

FFX had environments and buildings that actually look exotic and fantastical instead of generic medieval fantasy, the aeon mechanic and CTB system very well done, and it had an amazing soundtrack. Story and character-wise it's love-it-or-hate-it. I love it, but I can see that its good points very much rested on the veteran staff, and the new people working on it didn't have much of a clue what the veterans were doing, so they didn't learn the lessons they should have from it and then they made XIII.

Every time I try to insert new stuff in the middle of a sentence I end up deleting too many words.

great game in and of itself, but it was the beginning of the end of older style final fantasies. so for me, its kind of bittersweet.

had fun combat and whatnot, but i hate voiceovers in jrpgs. also i fucking hate how linear it is. up there with FF13 in how many fucking hallway maps there were

I wanna fuck Rikku and give her my babies!
Auron was pretty cool too

Fuck this disappointing franchise, this is now a Dragon Quest thread

It was a major turning point. After that we got 2 MMOs, a slew of side games, an offline MMO, Final Hallway XIII and a Kingdom Hearts mod with boy bands. I actually don't mind the MMOs or action gameplay, but everything became much less comfy after FFX. The newer ones lacked fleshed-out characterization and seemed to be much more about anime archetypes.

Rikku is best waifu ever.

But that's an even shittier franchise.

HELP

anything after 9 is shit

I will train every day until I can crush your lungs with my mind. Dragon Quest is life.

I waited 15 years to play that fucking game.

What would you say is the best attempt by western devs at a Japanese style RPG? I've always been fascinated by these types of games for some reason. They're like a weird novelty.

I don't know. I've been playing through the old the FF and DQ games lately via emulator just for something mindless to do while listening to all the Kraut meltdown streams, and I have to say there are a lot of nice things DQ has that FF lacks. Nothing major, mostly just quality of life stuff, but I still found myself missing them while playing FF5 immediately after DQ3. And Final Fantasy's ATB system doesn't really add much to the basic turn based formula that Dragon Quest uses. It makes it feel like the game is about how fast you can navigate the menu(however this might be because I up the games speed to 417%.) FF does some things better too, but Dragon Quest feels more "full" overall, if that makes any sense.

I never said JRPG, I said game.

I'd play a Robots only jrpg designed by Akira toriyama