Why is gta 5 still 60 bucks 5 years after it's release when R* is making a killing on sharkcards?

Why is gta 5 still 60 bucks 5 years after it's release when R* is making a killing on sharkcards?

Is R*'s HQ a synagogue?

some people just have no respect for art

Why should they sell it for less when there are tons of cuck losers buying it for full price?

The quintessential truth.

really user
Rock (((Star))) wasn't obvious enough?
If you aren't using 2gigs worth of mods for this game you're a bull prepping cuck for real

anyone buying GTA deserves to be milked like the goy he is

goddamn this guy is stupid.

I don't think it's ever even gone down below 30 bucks on sale.

But ultimately this is the reason. It's often still in the top sellers list even when it's not on sale.

Because the R* that made Vice City or San Andreas is long gone. Look, they used to release a game nearly each year, now they're just milking GTA V, re-releasing old games and only putting out RDR2 now which I suspect will be even shorter and less feature-packed than GTA V.

Now THIS is true art.

It's a money laundering scheme.
Tens of thousands of new players every week, a fifth of them are fake accounts.
They buy $10000 of shark cards, hack, then get banned.
Repeat every week.

Oh, I thought you were talking about art school

my nephew had it for PS3, and what was the first game he bought when he got a PS4? yes, GTA 5

I don't understand

I've purchased at $30 and resold at $50 a dozen or more copies. I can't say I mind the dumbasses.

I've never played it, and when I've got the dosh I'll pay the going rate, whatever that is.

That's because the online is dead on the previous generation of consoles, I don't even think they get those (((free))) DLC

Casuals keep buying Shark Cards

that's why.

If you don't like cars or fashion don't get GTA V, it's the most inferior game of the series.

how do they legitimize the money they lose? That's not laundering.

Because they can sell it at that price. GTA5 is the most successful and well received game so far, they don't have to lower the price a week after release like battelfront 2, me:a and fallout 4.

That too.

sage

No user, everyone should pay according to his capability. Normalfags playing GTA obviously have more cash than neetos

…in fact, if you could manage to get this big like lotbox gambling did, then maybe you could get P2W features removed from games, or at least limited to smaller transactions at a time, because it could be used for money laundering

pic unrelated

you may specifically want to tell the government of Belgium about such suspicions, as they're the ones that outlawed lootboxes in the first place, iirc

Officially, it's because of "Multiplayer Updates"
GTAV however has undeniably shit multiplayer, even after being "updated" this long

I did the same thing. Now that my PC's built I'm debating whether I should get it on there since that's where all my friends are.
On one hand you can call me a retard for even considering it but it's not like I haven't got my money's worth.
In the end, I probably won't purchase it thrice but it's tempting.

What the fuck went wrong with (((R*)))???

It is selling a fuckton as it is, so no reason to drop prices.

I dont get it how you can launder money through that

I'd still be playing were it not for them deleting all my money to "fix" the damage done to my account by modders. I had $25M legit and it was reset to $0. Filed a dozen support tickets but got nothing back.

Beware if you play this game that you will eventually get fucked by rockstar and either be banned or wiped for no reason. The people who say this doesn't happen just haven't had it happen to them yet.

its $24 on steam right now.

Video games are art.

Every good game must have some challenge

GTA:O player here. Say what you will about R*, but I'm fucking glad it's never been cheaper than $30. The online mode is full of enough faggotry without the hues and chinks coming in en masse. And we've already got shitloads of Chinese playing it because of the netcafe shit in China

I hope it stays at $60 until GTA:VI comes out. Whenever the hell that will be.

Same thing happened to me, but I only lost $9m. I think Rockstar's reasoning was 'You spent $9m of hacked cash, so we'll just subtract $9m from your account - even if that cash you have now came from a Shark Card.'

way to go with making this thread the week it drops to an all-time low sale price at like $25 on Steam and has been $30-$35 at multiple retailers for at least a month and probably will be until after new years. excellent opportunity to discuss this pressing issue.

because idiots will still buy it

You should really try it, user. Hate R* if you want, but all of the DLC for GTA:O has been totally free, they don't do loot crates, and they make games SJWs hate. Shark Cards are jewish as fuck, but the game is still fun.

is it worth the price though

lol i love red letter media

no

Pretty much this. The only thing keeping Rockstar alive is blind brand loyalty. There are games a million times superior to their trash while also cheaper.

Why do console faggots constantly complain about how "expensive" PC gaming is when they are the ones who will buy the same fucking games multiple times at full retail price just because they had the audacity to upgrade their hardware?

You don't even have to buy it in the first place on PC. It's literally just a hardware investment. And even if you do decide to drop a bit of cash, it's a one and done. So long as the service is still around, the game is still playable no matter what hardware upgrades you make… and the community largely takes care of the patches/compatibility/remastering for free. Some fucking weirdos out there find it more fun to fix games than it is to play them… which I kind of get, since most games are shit, but god bless those autists. Beats relying on publishers to just upscale their textures, tweak the global lighting variables, and then charge you $60 to play it on modern hardware.

you just answered your own question

Does GTA online require paying for PSN/xbox live?
If so that also means half of their nongame is locked behind a monthly paywall.

Why would they lower the price when they can sell a ton of copies at the initial price?
You don't have the nose for business.

Why would you charge less when people are still paying full price?

Because THERE ARE ALWAYS NEW 14 YEAR OLDS

Not rocket science.

I hate that I can't just ram bikes off the road in that fucking game.
I have zero idea what that meme is, GTA has been dead since IV anyway.

modern day rockstar are kikes

Totally false (go tell that to Japan). There are only new 14 year olds 14 years after two humans of opposite sexes who have independently reached maturity meet in vaginal sexual congress, what with them both being fertile enough for it to take and there being no contraceptives.
I wish there were just always a new generation, it would make a lot of things a lot less worrying.

Of course, I understand your point. I just thought this was a good time to remind everyone the generational game is super fucked up right now.

That's because Japan doesn't have immigration.

The US has brown people. And all brown women have at least 3 babies.

And the only whites having kids are welfare queens and their deadbeat partners.

Oldschool rockstar was also kike, and for a while they were worse than even EA.
Remember how before dlc EA was putting out a new game in a franchise every year and maybe a month or 2? Rockstar was a step ahead with 10 months, and the games were 2x as broken to boot.
Rockstar has never at any point in its life not been jewish.
Another thing, they don't really play video games. You can see it in the company name, the Houser brothers wanted to be rockstars, that's the origin of the name.
This wasn't much of an issue because until everyone left during gta4's development at least their development teams did play video games, but now anyone that likes vidya, even the worst normalfag of all will see things that make them think "Anyone that plays this will find it bullshit, why is it as such?". In GTA 5 it goes from major things like the 10 minute long unskipabble cutscenes to minor things like being forced to walk indoors, in gta 4 it's the game's broken state that anyone who cares in the company would try to fix or being forced to watch niko die in really drawn out slow motion.

Better question, why is Rockstar so shit now and why was there GTA shit at the VGAs so fucking cringy?