Is this actually a good single player game, or is it just cool to like the game that came immediately before Dark Souls?

Is this actually a good single player game, or is it just cool to like the game that came immediately before Dark Souls?

I prefer Bloodborne to any Dark Souls game, but have never played Demon's Souls. Inform me.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Halflight, Spear of the Church
demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's good. Holla Forums just has a hipster infestation as of late so they shit on Dark Souls and hold up Demon's.

yeah

Demon's Souls was mind blowing for me when it was brand new. If you played every other game before it, it might feel a bit primitive and unfinished. It does some things that no later game did though, like Soul and World Tendency and having a player be a boss fight (not just a summon like Looking Glass Knight).

Check it out before the severs shut down in February.

It's as good as dark souls, but I wouldn't say it's any better.

so

I preferred it's bosses and levels over those from dark souls, but that's personal preference. I also liked having a mana bar.
They are really similar. Saying one is good and the other shit is just retarded.

This is a good video about Demon's Souls even if he's a little unfair to the other Souls games/Bloodborne.

DeS > Bb > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2 btw

oops :^)

Yeah pretty much, dark souls is just a decent game when compared to a lot of action games. A lot of people will agree that Dark Souls 2 is the worst and the rest is personal preference.

if you like low frame rate, terrible camera, and unresponsive controlling games, you'll think it's good like
Otherwise, you'll have some sense and realize

Ds3 has a player-based boss fight, with a covenant dedicated to boss victories. An npc ally of the boss will spawn occasionally to heal him.
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Halflight, Spear of the Church

Demon's Souls has a unique visual design, and might be refreshing if you are tired of Dark Souls memes and fanservice. except for the Moonlight sword, but Fromsoft references it in every game

Both of those statements are true. It's a good single player experience, but hipsters and sonyggers like to suck it off because muh speshul snowflake syndrome

I got it a week ago and it's pretty good. It has some bad parts to it, such as some bosses are pushovers and can be exploited incredibly easy. I don't think the bosses are the main point of this game, however. They put much more time and effort into making all of the levels unique and challenging.

I forgot to mention this, but what is with all of the Demon's Souls threads lately? I'm not complaining, but is it because of the servers shutting down? sage for double post

Dark Souls 2 did have most well-balanced PVP until they released the DLC which fucked up everything. I had way more fun with that more than the rest of the game. I didn't find Dark Souls 3 all that enjoyable except for a couple of the bosses.

heh

even monkeys can create threads on Holla Forums. here's a Venn diagram on the subject.

What's so damn special about World Tendency and why does everyone prattle on about it as the best thing Demon's Souls had to offer and the sole reason why the Dark Souls series is inferior to Demon's Souls?

I like DeS the best mostly because it's the only game in the series where the quality is consistently high the whole way through. Bloodborne doesn't have any bad areas either and that's part of why I like it so much too, but it does have some where it feels like potential was wasted, like Byrgenwerth, the Lecture Building and the chalice dungeons (and that's coming from someone who liked the chalice dungeons more than I imagine most did).

I think DeS overall has the best level design and variety (in terms of bosses, enemies and levels) in the series. That's on top of it having a bunch of interesting stuff that FROM never attempted again, like character tendency, world tendency, the system that lets you rank co-op partners, and soul form - the equivalent of being undead in Dark Souls - actually having a purpose other than avoiding online play (like increasing your damage in relation to your character tendency). Some of these were better implemented than others, but DeS is the only game where you can find stuff like that all in one package.

Also, sometimes what isn't there is just as important as what is, which in this case for me is DeS' lack of covenants. Covenants have always been absolute shit since they were first introduced in Dark Souls and I'd rather they never implemented them at all.

Read this, it explains it all pretty neatly: demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency
Do they? I quite liked WT because of what a unique mechanic it was but I don't think I've ever read anyone else say that they do. I was under the imperssion that most people hated WT.

i haven't played it because i couldn't afford a PS3 at the time, but it looks fun so i'm planning on emulating it and to try it out. I think dark souls looks better tho'

Dark souls doesn't need world tendency because it has a better thought out open world instead of "levels". World tendency is a corner cutting measure designed to compensate for poor world design.

They have flaws but those aren't it. I don't know what you mean by "unresponsive controlling games" and DaS can be played on PC to eliminate the occasional framerate issue.

Dark Souls still feels cobbled together with how varied its locations are, it doesn't blend very well, it gets even worse in sequels. Demons Souls is more consistent with its dungeons and castle hallways.

I completely agree with what you said here. What I meant was that the actual world design is better ie, the map layout, and the types of enemies you face, how hard they are, which areas you're able to access and when, and how they link together versus how you progress/want to progress/are meant to progress and how the increase in difficulty scales. Sorry if that sentence was complete shit. The aesthetics of ds is better, I agree and the level design isn't necessarily that good in das, but the WORLD design I think is superior. It is like how elder scrolls went from meticulous design of easy versus difficult areas, to " enemy difficulty scales with level". Its lazy as fuckkk

I've owned this game for ages and never actually cleared it. I really want to get at it but I'm still up to my neck with Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2 and a shit ton of other games I've had on my back log for ages.

The online support stops in February.

I know, that's the problem. Thing is, I never really used the online stuff before so I don't know if it's really a big deal.

Demon's is fighting to stop the apocalypse as its happening, Dark Souls is just bumblekinging your way through the aftermath.