Esports will become a billion dollar industry by 2020

Go ahead and keep thinking I'm trolling when I have real stats to back it up.

Source: newzoo.com/

Grandpas, esports is the future whether you like it or not and I fully support it.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2017/11/e-sports-low-revenue-buoyed-sports-betting-says-analyst/44062/
venturebeat.com/2017/11/28/newzoo-game-industry-growing-faster-than-expected-up-10-7-to-116-billion-2017/
dota2.gamepedia.com/Matchmaking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only gay ass white ass weeaboo \V\irgins are against this. We gonna rape yo women CRACKA

Let's see if the hotpockets actually care about board quality.

Disagreeing with someone isn't shitposting retard. If you disagree respond with a thought-provoking post not sage it and shitpost without any contribution.

Okay "user"
oneangrygamer.net/2017/11/e-sports-low-revenue-buoyed-sports-betting-says-analyst/44062/
Now leave instead of shilling your shitty, unknown site.

Read your quickly Googled garbage article before you talk you fucking retard.

venturebeat.com/2017/11/28/newzoo-game-industry-growing-faster-than-expected-up-10-7-to-116-billion-2017/

I fully support these dubs

It's time to go back

You know, I've seen countless general disapproval of esports and DOTA-derived games, but I haven't seen an explanation of why or any detailed criticism of them.

Because they're old men who cannot get with the times

Forced matchmaking with and against retards to ensure a 50% winrate, and to fleece idiots with skins.
You haven't seen them because you're new.

No.
I haven't seen them because most responses regarding DOTA are one sentence sage's. Even 4+ years ago I saw a similar reaction by someone who browses Holla Forums, and never did I see an actual explanation of why he disliked the entire genre, including the original DOTA (which the annoying thing back then was that it was a majority of matches in WC3, but didn't have forced matchmaking).

What you described of forced matchmaking is a general modern competitive online multiplayer game- I don't like it either. It's probably quoted from the patent Activision filed for. But esports competitions don't involve matchmaking- or at least that would be the retarded thing to do- they directly pit the player against each other using whatever tournament system.

Ok, so you now have one, namely mine. I'll probably be back around tomorrow to write it for someone asking the exact same question that absolutely isn't you.
So you've decided to just roll over and and accept it as the new normal. I'd prefer talking about games with fully customizable servers, where a single purchase gets you the whole experience.
Yes, because the top 0.1% of players who have the connections to compete represent the entire experience of the game. Nobody who buys a football expects to be able to play in the Superbowl right of the bat. They might however watch the game and buy endorsing merchandise. Is this the experience you'd like for videogames?

Not really. I don't play modern competitive games. The only competitive online game I play is Xonotic and it has the fully customizable servers. It doesn't mean I care about much else.

How does this involve matchmaking? I don't like the system either, in a lot of cases its exploitative with rigged matches, but esports isn't using it either.

I don't get this mindset. You claim to dislike matchmaking games, and even after they managed to outcrowd ye olde single purchase customizable server multiplayer games, driving them to near extinction, you still need someone to raise more concrete arguments against them.
It's the system used for the remainder of the players that do not got to competitions. I can't choose to try a different server with different people and possibly different rules if I'm not enjoying the current one. In fact the game will penalize me for leaving a game I'm not having fun in.

Because I was wondering about the detraction regarding esports and DOTA/MOBA. Esports doesn't even use matchmaking and DOTA doesn't even have it either. The complaint regarding matchmaking would make sense for League of Legends, DOTA 2, but it's not a feature exclusive to them.

As a side note, overall I found my niche and stayed in it. Even when I stayed in it, I found matchmaking as a common feature request because people don't like going against players far better than they are and losing by massive margins.

dota2.gamepedia.com/Matchmaking

The reason why ASSFAGGOTS are so popular is because it's the perfect game for retards to unwind on.

It's a team versus team game, and how your teammates play is important.
So what do you do? You stubbornly play whichever role you want to play, and then blame everybody else if you lose.
That way you get to play what you want to play and tunnel vision your way through the game, allowing you to play very casually, whilst at the same time boast about how good you are and deflect all attacks to your teammates to protect your ego.

ASSFAGGOTS bring out the absolute worst of people. The game itself can definitely be enjoyable, but you're guaranteed to not have a good time unless you can get a group of friends to play with you. And if those friends take the game too seriously, you'll probably lose some friendships in the process.

As for the game itself; it's not that bad. It's just unnecessarily convoluted and in order to keep people playing the balance of the game gets constantly changed.

The original DOTA as a WC3 custom map. DOTA 2 definitely has it.

k

k