How and why did you become a leftist?

How and why did you become a leftist?

soros finally paid up

I hate rich cunts

I'm a massive vim swilling faggot

My Sorosbucks finally arrived

I just had leftist friends while growing up

cultural marxism

no, seriously, parents were leftist socdems, and I hated the fact that capitalism just wanted to trick and deceive me at every possible moment, for example with advertisement or planed obsolescence.

it was in my brain when i was born. time then did its thing

I came to the realization that both nations and corporations are trying to fuck me out of a simple and easy going life.

My family left the soviet union around the late 80's, and my dad looked fondly on it. I always fucking hated corporations and big government, so I went through a lolbert phase before reading Marx.

Because I grew up poor af

Was somewhat of a reactionary classical liberal. The combination of downright craziness of Holla Forums's conspiraturd theories (they never offer the solution to kill the disease itself, and just go after the symptoms) and Trump winning.

I took the plunge when I found Holla Forums.

to give a bit of background come from a petty bourgeois family of polish immigrants.
The combination of living in the south/being catholic, general polish anty-komuna sentiment, and liberal idpol making me feel attacked (i.e being faulted for slavery despite being the first generation off the boat), I fell into the reactionary trap and was a autrightist for a few years.
Epiphany came a few months ago when I was reading evolol after coming home from working a double. I realized in advocating for fascism I was playing into the bourgeoisie whilst actively working against my own self interest. Coming here helped me overcome any trepidations I had about jumping the horseshoe so to speak.

I was an annoying "actually, war creates jobs" teen conservative who thought of himself as something of a cultural elitist, this attempt of becoming cultured lead me to a shitload of online arts/music/film communities, and most of them leaned left and eventually I just stumbled upon enough good arguments there to rethink things.

I used be a right wing lolbertarian, until I stumble upon leftists sites and communities like here. I was interesting and I wanna know more about what happening from a leftist perspective rather than fear mongering by right wingers.

same

Being a far leftist is cool because you can say all the racist shit you want to a liberal and then avoid being called a Nazi because you tell them that you're left-wing.

the high percentage of people actually came from pol to here it gets me every time I get reminded of it

did you at least rethink the idea that there is any necessity to create jobs?

yeah, really makes you understand why leftypol is so racist

Hatred of baby boomers

Always was a leftist.

always been a leftist. Age 10 in school we had to write an essay about a holiday of our choosing and I wrote about how Christmas is just a consumerist celebration with so much wasted money based on societal expectations of extravagant gifts. Later on sort of acted like a soc dem to fit in as that's what most people are here and hid my power level until I met a good friend of mine who revealed his power level to the normies and we became commie bros

Some guy called me a communist, so I looked up communism.

i think i had leftist ideas in my head before i realized what they were or what they meant. i had it figured out that "money" causes a lot of the worlds problems and crime, war, death, always had a natural aversion to reactionary ideology although i drifted towards it once or twice. but i also knew i frequently found myself very annoyed by liberals and so i just considered myself a moderate for a long time.

D I A L E C T I C S

I was so conservative that right-wing politics were too progressive for me.

4th generation commie

I wanted to make the world a better place, leading to a meandering journey of social democracy until I finally went and read about the 70s and saw how capitalism will ruin any attempt to make life bearable.
(Also, my parents backed a social-democratic party, although at least years ago they didn't like the "Loony left" meme)

But I don't even know what I am anymore. I don't believe social-democratic reform will ever work or last, but by the same token I don't believe that people are ever likely to revolt and bring down the whole decrepit system. Sometimes at night I even think I'd accept the collapse of industrial society and regression to feudalism simply because it's not neoliberal capitalism.

Former alt-right. I realized how autistic the whole movement became.

same. although i was only alt right for a few months

i still think they're right about a few things

Bernie made me curious about left politics

The gentrification of the Swedish west coast has gone too far.

I realized that liberals hate the poor just as much as conservatives do.

like what

I realized that liberals were satanists and that the right wing was an apocalyptic blood cult

I got sick of the mainstream "left" beings pussies unwilling to endorse violent revolution and selling out

I became less left-wing. First I was for getting rid of private companies and property in my teenage years, then I transitioned to mixed-markets such as the nordic model.

2008 happened.

I always saw that society ran by the profit motive was consistently ethically perverted. I thought myself a communist since my early teens but never really engaged with in intellectually until I found leftypol, which forced me to radicalise.

i realized nazis are always wrong because they are so incredibly mind-boggingly stupid.

but that's awesome

I went full ideological capitalist (ancap) over denial of global warming. I got out of it when I realized I couldn't deny it anymore.

Going from one form of anarchism to another wasn't that much of a stretch.

I once asked a social studies teacher why we use money if its not actually worth anything inherently and he said "what you're suggesting is called communism" so I was like "ok guess I'm a communist"

In 2009 when Obama and Lynch decided to just fine the financial institutions responsible for the economic crash instead of sending the responsible parties to prison.

You traded one autistic movement for another. Congrats.

Have been some form of leftist as far as I can remember. Believed in leftist ideas before I ever saw them articulated

Read the Manifesto at like 15 or 16 after picking it up at Barnes and Noble as a joke to fuck with my friends. Horribly misunderstood it, but it was pretty awesome for me at the time. I moved on from there to reading about Marxism and stuff online and eventually came to agree with much of what I read.

Had a bullshit job, then I read Bullshit Jobs by David Graeber, read the rest of his stuff and then other anarchist stuff then other left wing stuff and then realized I haven't left my armchair in 10 years

I needed this laugh so fucking bad.

i was a pretty typical liberal until this election cycle. personally, i don't see how anyone could live through this shit and not get radicalized one way or another.

This. then I read Marx.

Gamergate happens and my fellow gamers got carried away with that idiotic "cultural Marxism" term. I smelled bullshit and decided to finally look up what Marxism actually is.

kinda similar.

I became like this after getting rid of so many spooks half-channers & especially Holla Forums believe.

I used to be a nazi, jumped over to #gamergate & I de-spooked myself with Stirner. But not entirely de-spooked I must admit..

hating liberals?

the real redpill is that wings are arbitrary shit

They are the worst part of poultry.

Honestly it started cause I romanticized USSR and communist aesthetics as a kid, plus I was edgy as fuck (and still am to an extent)

I got a job and worked really hard and when it turned out all that stuff about hard work and success turned out to be bullshit I started to question other things too.

what spooks are you still holding on to

I read something someone had posted online and based my political identity on that.

I used to be a hardcore Holla Forumsyp who bought in hardcore into the "cultural marxism" thing until one day I informed by Holla Forums friends that I thought I should read up on the Frankfurt School literature myself in order to get a better understanding of my enemy (the left) what I got in response was a bunch of flippant comments about how I was wasting my time and recommendations for other right wing books talking about Cultural Marxism but I insisted I said that I would like to hear it from the horses mouth myself and that would be most beneficial and again I got all these responses about how I was wasting my time and that I already knew what It was going to say and I have to say, this attitude starting blaring the warning lights inside my head, why were people so hesitant to let me hear the leftist philosophers myself upfront? Why did they only ever recommend Leftism viewed through the lens of the right wing Instead of actually studying and reading what they had to say myself? So I went and finally started delving into leftist literature especially the Frankfurt school and It was not at all what I expected. I found out that "cultural Marxism" as its commonly used is a huge lie, so then I thought "If they are lying to me about this what else have I been lied to about? Am I being deceived?" and since then I have been here ever since.

used to be a """moderate""" socdem until Canada's socdem party ran to the right of the liberals and got rekt in our recent election