Sci-fi shooters

Do you like Sci-fi and shooting things? I do, I like shooting aliens and robots, I can only think of a few good ones though.

Ok I could only think of two, please help me out here.

Human Head's Prey upset that I even have to clarify this now

thank you user.

Here are a few. Incidentally, I'm giving these away this holiday season to the users of Holla Forums.

I'll ship 'em anywhere in the continental United States at my cost. One game per user. Show me that you deserve it. If nobody wants these, they'll probably end up in the dumpster or at a thrift store.

Merry Christmas, Holla Forums.

Woah nelly. You should probably make a thread for this, no?

I prefer shooting robots while I am in a robot myself or at least in a military vehicle. Otherwise, shooting robots is really stupid and should not be present in games, unless the robots are smaller than a truck or they are cannon fodder androids.

I'm not looking for anything but I wanted to say you're a cool guy.

I'll consider it!

Hard Reset
My fellow plantation worker.

Your tastes are good, you are a good man and I wish you a good Christmas.

fuck

Vanquish is great

I want that copy of Prey but i dont wanna give out my address on the internet. Also I live in sweden so the cost of shipping is probably way too high.

send me a mailing address and it's all yours.

[email protected]

743A43FAF5C717665E41348FB8C69FC8FEFE421C0239EB73037D662CA0A45C7D3A3F23A54D1B

lyletron

hell yeah it is.

R-Type
Rayforce
Metal Black
Raiden

I'll suck your e-benis for quack or stalker
I'm yuro tho, is it ok if I pay for the shipping?

I was not expecting top down shooters, it fits though, I thank you.

bump.

Vanquish is great. It has you shooting robots to kill not-Hillary Clinton and your PA is a cute blonde who you occasionally get upskirts from.

Nice.

Here are a few I thought of. These are all on GOG, and GOG is having a sale right now, so you might be able to get them really cheap.

You might get some weird stuttering issues with Alien Shooter 2 if you're using an Nvidia card, but that's easily fixed by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and changing the "maximum pre-rendered frames" setting to 1.

Turok 1 and 2
Quake 2 and 4

I have been playing that actually and its good. Had no idea its sci-fi though.

I really liked the way FEAR handled SciFi. The escalation of paranormal and scifi elements went along nicely. You start off with that big hit of science gone wrong in the beginning, coupled with the whole introduction horror bit, which gives you an indication on how far the story will take things, but after that is is a slow and scary creeping forwards.
From pistols to SMGs to shotguns to laser zappers, zappy drones and underground super secrit duper reactor powered ghost facilities, from scary sounds to dark hallways, mind controlled soldiers, premonitions, hallucinations and finally ghosts and a demon child.
They really do manage to connect science fiction and horror, making you constantly question if something is supernatural or just so advanced that it appears like magic to you. In the end you begin to question if there even is a difference, or if science and dark magic things are just difference sides of the same object.

I don't think FEAR leaves much debate over science vs paranormal. Even the intro says outright that the Replica soldiers are controlled via telepathy.

Shadow Grounds was all right. I felt like it got worse towards the end, but it's been a while since I played it.